Forums > General Industry > Have any Bay Area folks heard form Adrienne Julia?

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

San Francisco, California, US

Adrienne is missing!  Has anyone heard from her?  She hasn't been around for over a month now and I'm starting to worry.
I hung out with her a few days before, and we were in the middle of an email conversation when she just went silent.  She hasn't accessed her MM account in more than a month, which is very odd, because this is how she earns her living.  I've emailed her, PM'd her and called her, all to no avail.  I'm starting to get worried, because we'd previously talked on an almost daily basis before that.  A google search turns up nothing.  Neither does a forums search here.
Let me know if you've heard anything from her, just to set my mind at ease...

Her MM number is 95949, and she can be found at:  https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=95949

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

EDIT: AND UPDATE:  She's found, a little worse for the wear.

Jul 20 06 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

BUMP!  Anyone...?  anyone...?  Bueller?

I know there are other people leaving tags wondering where she is, too...

Jul 21 06 05:32 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Beauty By Dani Faye

Brooklyn, New York, US

Well, I live in the bay so I'll keep an eye out for her when I'm out and about.

Jul 21 06 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

Have you talked to those who have shot with her and see if they have a phone# and can check on her?

Jul 21 06 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

Dan  Hood  MM/Moderator wrote:
Have you talked to those who have shot with her and see if they have a phone# and can check on her?

I've shot with her three times.  I've got her phone number and a couple of email addresses.  I've even been to her apartment a couple of times but it's in a big complex and I'm sorry to say I don't remember the location or number.  We spoke on an almost daily basis before she dropped off the map.  Also, her voicemail is full.

Jul 21 06 06:06 pm Link

Model

_Cinnamon_

That is a little disturbing. I hope she gets in touch with you soon.

Jul 21 06 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

I'll send her a note on her MM e-mail incase it is not the one you have. Other than that I'm not sure what else to do. Does she have other modeling profiles, OMP, ect?

Jul 21 06 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

http://member.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=202802

Now you have me worried too.  I've seen her profile before, she used to post.  Hope she's ok.  I worry about my models and models in general.  :^.

Jul 21 06 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

McMadCow wrote:
Adrienne is missing!  Has anyone heard from her?  She hasn't been around for over a month now and I'm starting to worry.
I hung out with her a few days before, and we were in the middle of an email conversation when she just went silent.  She hasn't accessed her MM account in more than a month, which is very odd, because this is how she earns her living.  I've emailed her, PM'd her and called her, all to no avail.  I'm starting to get worried, because we'd previously talked on an almost daily basis before that.  A google search turns up nothing.  Neither does a forums search here.
Let me know if you've heard anything from her, just to set my mind at ease...

Her MM number is 95949, and she can be found at:  https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=95949

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Hey! I'm not far from the BAy Area, and noticed your post.  It is not a good thing that she has dropped off from the face of the Earth like that! 

The 'net is a wonderful tool when used correctly ... it's times like this when one must -bump- to keep something really important out there.

Jul 22 06 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

-bump=   it's a hot day and I have nothng better to do at the moment.

Jul 22 06 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

San Francisco Nudes

Novato, California, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
-bump=   it's a hot day and I have nothng better to do at the moment.

Indeed.

Hope she's OK - I haven't met her but recognize the face.

Jul 22 06 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

I wouldn't sweat it just yet. I have had this happen. Models like everyone else get busy or tied up.

Jul 23 06 02:05 am Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

Legacys 7 wrote:
I wouldn't sweat it just yet. I have had this happen. Models like everyone else get busy or tied up.

I know what you mean, but like I said, it happened right in the middle of an email exchange, and we're pretty close friends.  If something came up, she would have likely told me about it.  Not to mention it's going on a month and a half and apparently enough other people have tried to contact her that her voice mail has filled up.  I know what you mean about people getting tied up unexpectedly, but worry started to set in after about two weeks.  She's a close friend of mine and I'm well into the worry phase.

Jul 23 06 03:56 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

McMadCow wrote:

I know what you mean, but like I said, it happened right in the middle of an email exchange, and we're pretty close friends.  If something came up, she would have likely told me about it.  Not to mention it's going on a month and a half and apparently enough other people have tried to contact her that her voice mail has filled up.  I know what you mean about people getting tied up unexpectedly, but worry started to set in after about two weeks.  She's a close friend of mine and I'm well into the worry phase.

I hear you. If you are very concern why don't you go over to the apartment complex and ask the manager or some tenants to see if they have heard anything from her. That is strange that you haven't heard from her in a month.

Jul 23 06 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

San Francisco Nudes

Novato, California, US

The voicemail filling up and staying full for any extended period of time's pretty troublesome.

Jul 23 06 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

McMadCow wrote:

"... a month and a half!"  Contact the police!  Seriously, in this sort of situation it's about time you call them!  Give them the information and let them investigate.  I hate to think the worst, but at this point she is a missing person.  I looked at her MySpace account the other day.  It appears that she might be from the East Coast, and may not have that many friends out here.  Don't wait any longer!

I have a close friend who regretfully waited until the smell in the apartment got so nasty ... before calling.  A man who lived alone had died, and no one checked on him for a couple weeks.    -sigh-

Please let us know how this turns out.

Jul 24 06 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

Well, she does have a roommate.  So I'm hoping that it's not a matter of her dying alone, God forbid.  I'll try and get in touch with her roommate and see if I can figure out what's going on.  I'm sure I can find the number if I dig deep enough back through my phone records. 
If I can't find out anything else, I guess I call the police.  It's going to be a little wierd making a missing person report when don't have her exact address and the only direct number I have for her goes right to a full voicemail...

EDIT:  I found her home number and left a message.  It's the same outgoing message that I've always heard on there, so I'm stumped.  Hopefully someone calls me back.

Jul 24 06 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

nice day

Jul 24 06 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

nice day

Legacys 7 wrote:

Jul 24 06 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

nice day

i had a schedule shoot with her earlier this month and we too were contacting regularly; planning for the shoot...then a few weeks before my trip to sf. she just stopped communicating with me.  i also left several messages on her machine but still no answer or feedback...  i hope she is doing ok!

Jul 24 06 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Legacys 7 wrote:

Not for a month and a half!

Jul 24 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

nice day

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Not for a month and a half!

I agree...i'm new to this posting blogs here.  I meant to add this quote on my response above.  But yeah, I thought she lost interest in our schedule shoot or shooting with me in general!  I hope everyone around the bay area that are in MM takes the time to see if they can help try locating her because this doesn't look or feel normal.

Jul 24 06 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

My last email from her was on June 13, which I replied to.  I have about 4 a day from her for about a month or two prior to that.  I also sent her another one on the 21st before I started to think something was wrong.  If anyone ha heard from her after the 13th of June, please let me know.  If I don't hear anything from her roommate I'm going to file a missing persons report, so I'd like to get a firm date on the last time someone heard from her.   Like I said, we were right in the middle of an exchange when she disappeared, so that makes it even more puzzling.

Jul 24 06 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

Double post.

Jul 24 06 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

Hate to say it but I hope she turns out to be a giant flake.

Jul 24 06 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

nice day

My last email from her was on June 1st and we had 23 emails total...so this isn't normal for someone to just stopped communicating like that.

Jul 24 06 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

DarioImpiniPhotography wrote:
Hate to say it but I hope she turns out to be a giant flake.

I know what you mean, but that's not even remotely like her.  I could call her at a moment's notice and she would shoot just for the fun of it.  Like photolutions said, this was extremely unlike her to just drop off the map.  Still, I hope that's the easy explanation...

Jul 24 06 02:11 pm Link

Model

Mitsukai

Walnut Creek, California, US

Contact the police immediately. Her roommate could also be in danger. It's better to trouble the police with something that turns out to be nothing then to possibly get there too late.

If nobody wants to contact the police someone give me her apartment and I will either go there myself or I will call the police.

Jul 24 06 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

Mitsukai wrote:
Contact the police immediately. Her roommate could also be in danger. It's better to trouble the police with something that turns out to be nothing then to possibly get there too late.

If nobody wants to contact the police someone give me her apartment and I will either go there myself or I will call the police.

I plan on going to the police tonight.  I had a friend that works for the state to a search on the address so I have that to give them, at least.  If you'd like to come along or can provide any other assistance, feel free to PM me.  Thanks.

Jul 24 06 02:16 pm Link

Model

_Cinnamon_

McMadCow wrote:
I plan on going to the police tonight.  I had a friend that works for the state to a search on the address so I have that to give them, at least.  If you'd like to come along or can provide any other assistance, feel free to PM me.  Thanks.

I'm glad you're doing this. It's the right thing to do. Hopefully it will all turn out she is just fine and you will at least gain some peace of mind.

Jul 24 06 02:23 pm Link

Model

Mitsukai

Walnut Creek, California, US

McMadCow wrote:

I really hope it all turns out alright.
Unfortunately other than what you're doing there's probably not much else I could do to help. Going there with the police should be sufficient.
good luck and let us know what happens.

Jul 24 06 05:25 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

McMadCow wrote:

I've shot with her three times.  I've got her phone number and a couple of email addresses.  I've even been to her apartment a couple of times but it's in a big complex and I'm sorry to say I don't remember the location or number.  We spoke on an almost daily basis before she dropped off the map.  Also, her voicemail is full.

I hope this turns out for the best.

In the meantime if you know her apartment complex which is kind of what I'm gathering from you, have you tried going to the office and asking the apartment management to check in on her? It might be the next best option to you contacting the police.

Jul 24 06 06:35 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Let us know how this turns out -- it sure seems odd. I hope she's okay and just taking a trip to Egypt or something...

-P-

Jul 24 06 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

UPDATE:  I went to the police to file a missing person report and they won't let me.  Well, they said they won't take it until I've exhausted every other option to get in touch with her through close friends or family.  Now, I consider myself to be a close friend of her's, but I digress.  First off is her roommate, the close friend:  I've called him several times and left a message.  If I can hear back from him I'm sure it will bring an immediate resolution to all of this. I've got a friend I mentioned before who is a whiz at tracking people down, and I'm going to try and find her family on the East Coast tomorrow.  If anyone else has any other resources we might be able to use to help get some information. 
The cop at the station made the perfectly valid point that I'm basically a nobody to her.  Which is fine.  But she's disappeared to others here, too.  Despite our previous friendship and my genuine concern here, I can accept that people may be reluctant to help someone find her that may be stalking her for all they know.  While I can say that it's NOT true- and hopefully her comments about me on her page reinforce that- if anyone has any info in regards to her current state but may be worried about my intentions, I'll settle for a "she's alive and she's ok".  It's better than not knowing. 
I'll continue to search for her roommate and her family.  If I have no luck by Friday, I'll go back to the police.

Jul 24 06 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

McMadCow wrote:
UPDATE:  I went to the police to file a missing person report and they won't let me.  Well, they said they won't take it until I've exhausted every other option to get in touch with her through close friends or family.  Now, I consider myself to be a close friend of her's, but I digress.  First off is her roommate, the close friend:  I've called him several times and left a message.  If I can hear back from him I'm sure it will bring an immediate resolution to all of this. I've got a friend I mentioned before who is a whiz at tracking people down, and I'm going to try and find her family on the East Coast tomorrow.  If anyone else has any other resources we might be able to use to help get some information. 
The cop at the station made the perfectly valid point that I'm basically a nobody to her.  Which is fine.  But she's disappeared to others here, too.  Despite our previous friendship and my genuine concern here, I can accept that people may be reluctant to help someone find her that may be stalking her for all they know.  While I can say that it's NOT true- and hopefully her comments about me on her page reinforce that- if anyone has any info in regards to her current state but may be worried about my intentions, I'll settle for a "she's alive and she's ok".  It's better than not knowing. 
I'll continue to search for her roommate and her family.  If I have no luck by Friday, I'll go back to the police.

That's outrageous!  My friend in San Jose lives in a downtown apartment.  I was concerned when I didn't hear from her for about a week.  She was having problems with a dangerous ex-boyfriend who I knew was stalking her.  I called the San Jose Police and they went right down there!  Got the manager to open the apartment ... she wasn't there.  They left a note and she came back and contacted me to let me know she was alright.  She wasn't thrilled about me doing that, but we were talking on a daily basis at that time.  We were roommates before that.  We are still very close, but it doesn't bother her that I am so concerned about her well being that I would do that.  Why the SFPD wont go make a "welfare" check ... is beyond me!   

Anyone recognize the "friends" on her MySpace page?

Jul 24 06 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

NEWS:
She's alive.  I just got a call back from her roommate.  She apparently had an accident and has been in the hospital since basically the last day I spoke with her in mid-June.  She apparently got pretty wrecked and she's still only early into her recovery, but she's due to arrive home at the end of the week.  I really don't want to go into the details of everything she's gone through... I'll leave that up to her when she's ready to get back to MM. 

I'm sorry to have caused an alarm over this.  I'm still not completely up to date on everything that happened over the last month or so, but I knew something was wrong for her to just up and disappear like that, and it looks like that was the case.  I'll probably be talking to her in a few days, so I'll see what new information I can pass along. 
Let's all wish her a speedy recovery.  This news totally sucks, but it's better than other things that I started to imagine.

Jul 25 06 12:11 am Link

Model

_Cinnamon_

I'm so glad you followed your intuition on this. It's sad news, but I'm glad she's alive and recovering.

Jul 25 06 12:15 am Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Good to know. smile

I'm glad you found her and you can put your mind at ease. I hope she has a quick recovery.

Jul 25 06 12:15 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

McMadCow wrote:
NEWS:
She's alive.  I just got a call back from her roommate.  She apparently had an accident and has been in the hospital since basically the last day I spoke with her in mid-June.  She apparently got pretty wrecked and she's still only early into her recovery, but she's due to arrive home at the end of the week.  I really don't want to go into the details of everything she's gone through... I'll leave that up to her when she's ready to get back to MM. 

I'm sorry to have caused an alarm over this.  I'm still not completely up to date on everything that happened over the last month or so, but I knew something was wrong for her to just up and disappear like that, and it looks like that was the case.  I'll probably be talking to her in a few days, so I'll see what new information I can pass along. 
Let's all wish her a speedy recovery.  This news totally sucks, but it's better than other things that I started to imagine.

No, you don't need to apologize ... it's good that you care so much to do this.   Now this sounds like Adrienne was in a very bad accident, but it could be worse!  I sure hope she mends well and is able to join the MM community again soon!

Please send her get well wishes from me and others who posted. 

Best wishes!

Jul 25 06 01:16 am Link

Photographer

San Francisco Nudes

Novato, California, US

Seems to me you were totally right to be concerned.

Also, it's good to see there's still somebody out there who actually cares about other people.  Some days I wonder about that.

Jul 25 06 07:08 pm Link