Forums > General Industry > HOW to LOOOOOSE 20 pounds FAST!!!!!!!!

Model

Sara Danielle

Tell me I need to know!

Jul 12 06 01:23 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

1) Die.
2) Get skullfucked by worms.

Fastest way I can think of...

Jul 12 06 01:25 am Link

Model

Sara Danielle

Nemi Bea wrote:
1) Die.
2) Get skullfucked by worms.

Fastest way I can think of...

Great Idea Have To Try It!!!!

Jul 12 06 01:27 am Link

Model

Ana Paula

Sara Danielle wrote:
Tell me I need to know!

Starve, it works...

Jul 12 06 01:27 am Link

Model

Sara Danielle

Tried it! It doesnt work ;*(

Jul 12 06 01:31 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Sara Danielle wrote:

Great Idea Have To Try It!!!!

Let me know how that goes for ya!

Jul 12 06 01:33 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Giuliana de Rossi wrote:

Starve, it works...

Uhm, no.

Jul 12 06 01:34 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

1) loosing 20lbs "fast" means you will end up gaining 40lbs in the long run.

2) The only ways to drop that kind of weight are either un-healthy or medically un-sound.

That being said if you need to drop like 20lbs for a day you can do that through water weight loss, but it won't be pleasant and will leave your body weakened

Jul 12 06 01:34 am Link

Photographer

John Pringle

New York, New York, US

Check your diet.
Rid the sugars, starches, sodas, cooked fats and oils.
Get stress free...
tongue

Jul 12 06 01:38 am Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

stomach virus... ;o)

Jul 12 06 01:39 am Link

Photographer

Class Act Photography

STUDIO CITY, California, US

Take vitamins, drink lots of water and eat only watermelons and cucumbers for two weeks and you'll see results.

Jul 12 06 01:48 am Link

Model

Andrea Barnett

Sacramento, California, US

2 words. tape worms. big_smile ummm actually.... water and tuna. have fun.

Jul 12 06 01:50 am Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

Liposuction, but it won't be pretty. I've lost and kept off 20 pounds in the last 3 months following the REAL Atkins diet, not the one everyone talks about, the one in Dr. Atkins book. I eat lots of fresh vegtables and some fruit so it is not "just meat" by any means. Don't eat ANYTHING made with flour or sugar, that's for sure.

Jul 12 06 01:53 am Link

Model

Sara Danielle

Michael Longeneker wrote:
Don't eat ANYTHING made with flour or sugar, that's for sure.

Best advice so far!!! Lets keep it coming!!!

Jul 12 06 02:01 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Wild animal sex at least 3 times a day... wink

Jul 12 06 02:01 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Sara Danielle wrote:

Best advice so far!!! Lets keep it coming!!!

Well, first let's establish how fast you need to drop 20 lbs

Also let's establish why.

These two things will help greatly in the quality of advice you get.

Jul 12 06 02:03 am Link

Model

Sara Danielle

Need to loose in two months! Why because I am FAT!!! Or should I say not model figure?

I have been workin out and eating well for over 4 months now and cant loose any weight! ;*(

Jul 12 06 02:06 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Sara Danielle wrote:
I have been workin out and eating well for over 4 months now and cant loose any weight! ;*(

Ok, well first things first.  Everyone will plateau during their dieting.  As your body becomes more used to it's new circumstances it will attempt to regroup and start storing fat.  Your body naturally does this however your genes are programed, and so, you will always flounder once you've gone past what your body feels your ideal weight is...  Don't be discouraged, and don't stop doing what you're doing... If you started out loosing weight by eating healthy and exercising then you should definitely keep it up!

Now, to continue your weight loss you will need to change your workout routine and diet again.

My personal recommendation is to avoid starches/carbs and simple sugars.  This is similar to the Atkins diet, but I feel Atkins was a hack and knew nothing...then again I don't know much but what has worked for me and what I've heard from medical professionals.

You can cut back on starches, carbs, and simple sugars without eliminating them.  One source of starches that you should DEFINITELY keep in your diet is whole grain!  You need the fiber.  Fiber leeches fats and trans fatty acids from your system and helps keep your bad cholesterol low.  So, a healthy breakfast of oatmeal is always good.

Simple sugars to eliminate: sodas, power bars, smoothies, protein shakes.  Cut back on servings of non fibrous fruit.  Keep up with at least three servings per day of fibrous fruit though; apples, pears, raspberries, etc...

Starches to eliminate: white rice, white bread, white flour, pastas made from white flour or rice.  Keep eating whole grain stuff or alternate versions.  Also consider graham flour versions of just about anything because not only is it sweet and tasty it's good for you.

Lower your choleric intake in general...not below 1500 calories per day because your body will go in to store mode, but lower it down to around 2000 at least while maintaining your workout.  Fastest way to loose weight is to dump energy, and if you're burning 5000 calories in a day but only in-taking 2000 from complex sources like protein and complex carbohydrates, your body will be forced to burn fat to make up the 3000 calorie difference.

You need shock, high speed quick burst workouts...racquet ball, tread mill/exercise bike set to do speed training, basket ball, hockey, or sprint sports at the track.  These should be kept up so that your heart rate stays up during a full 30 minute workout, but you shouldn't extend your workout past that because then you will start building muscle mass and counteracting your problem.

NO WEIGHT TRAINING...no lifting weights...you're bulky as is, and you don't need any more muscle mass!!!!

Jul 12 06 02:25 am Link

Model

Cynthia Leigh

Orlando, Florida, US

Bryan Benoit wrote:
stomach virus... ;o)

Or spastic stomach, which ever comes first.

Cranberry Juice.  ROTF

Jul 12 06 02:26 am Link

Photographer

DreamAwakening

Flagstaff, Arizona, US

Limit yourself to one can of tuna (plain in water) and one apple a day. Christian Bale did this for the role in The Machinist he had. He went from 180lbs to 120lbs (not sure the amount of time).

Jul 12 06 02:38 am Link

Model

Yasmineamali

San Francisco, California, US

How I would love to Get skullfucked by worms. that would rock.

Jul 12 06 02:52 am Link

Photographer

Brandon Ching

Brooklyn, New York, US

Amputating a few limbs may be your answer.. https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=52585

Jul 12 06 03:19 am Link

Model

Sara Danielle

James Jackson wrote:

Ok, well first things first.  Everyone will plateau during their dieting.  As your body becomes more used to it's new circumstances it will attempt to regroup and start storing fat.  Your body naturally does this however your genes are programed, and so, you will always flounder once you've gone past what your body feels your ideal weight is...  Don't be discouraged, and don't stop doing what you're doing... If you started out loosing weight by eating healthy and exercising then you should definitely keep it up!

Now, to continue your weight loss you will need to change your workout routine and diet again.

My personal recommendation is to avoid starches/carbs and simple sugars.  This is similar to the Atkins diet, but I feel Atkins was a hack and knew nothing...then again I don't know much but what has worked for me and what I've heard from medical professionals.

You can cut back on starches, carbs, and simple sugars without eliminating them.  One source of starches that you should DEFINITELY keep in your diet is whole grain!  You need the fiber.  Fiber leeches fats and trans fatty acids from your system and helps keep your bad cholesterol low.  So, a healthy breakfast of oatmeal is always good.

Simple sugars to eliminate: sodas, power bars, smoothies, protein shakes.  Cut back on servings of non fibrous fruit.  Keep up with at least three servings per day of fibrous fruit though; apples, pears, raspberries, etc...

Starches to eliminate: white rice, white bread, white flour, pastas made from white flour or rice.  Keep eating whole grain stuff or alternate versions.  Also consider graham flour versions of just about anything because not only is it sweet and tasty it's good for you.

Lower your choleric intake in general...not below 1500 calories per day because your body will go in to store mode, but lower it down to around 2000 at least while maintaining your workout.  Fastest way to loose weight is to dump energy, and if you're burning 5000 calories in a day but only in-taking 2000 from complex sources like protein and complex carbohydrates, your body will be forced to burn fat to make up the 3000 calorie difference.

You need shock, high speed quick burst workouts...racquet ball, tread mill/exercise bike set to do speed training, basket ball, hockey, or sprint sports at the track.  These should be kept up so that your heart rate stays up during a full 30 minute workout, but you shouldn't extend your workout past that because then you will start building muscle mass and counteracting your problem.

NO WEIGHT TRAINING...no lifting weights...you're bulky as is, and you don't need any more muscle mass!!!!

Thank U!!! This is the most info I have got so far!!

Jul 12 06 03:20 am Link

Photographer

jerrell edwards

Richmond, Virginia, US

Good advice from james ....Save the comment about NOT lifting weights
Ligting weights is a Fast Burst excercise, much like sprinting as ur heart rate stays high the entire workout
Lighting weights tears down muscle and during the post work out rebuilding process (24-48 hours), the muscle metabolism is still burning (fat for energy),
Now while thats happening you can take on cardiovascular workouts.
Doing repetitions of lighter weights will promote lean muscle. Remember than when you loose weight its generally more muscle mass and water you as losing than fat.
The coupling of light weights and steady reps with high rep cardio should do it
Unfortunately runway models tend to be ectomorphs at best so if thats the look u want its largely genetic
If you want a lean healthy body look at losing inches over pounds; if its pounds u want u can lop off an arm or leg and lose 20-40 pounds
pick up a issue of women's fitness, great tips specifically aimed at the average woman
But think about being active and healthy and not just "skinny" or having dropped some pounds for aesthetics
hope this helps
If u have 2 months for 20 fat-pounds then look at it as 2 and a half fat pounds a week, not very hard at all with working out and a high fiber diet low in refined sugars and "bad carbs" should have u full of energy and leaner
ENJOY THE MAYHEM!
(ps pardon typos its 4:30 am and im feeling too lazy to proof read)

Jul 12 06 03:27 am Link

Model

Sara Danielle

Thanks alot! I am going to use your advice about low weight and high reps!!

BOOOOO this means no more drinks 4 me!!! ;*(

Jul 12 06 03:31 am Link

Model

Englishman In L.A.

James Jackson wrote:

Alot of what has been said above is true...but some is misleading and some is plain wrong!!

"Simple sugars to eliminate: sodas, power bars, smoothies, protein shakes.  Cut back on servings of non fibrous fruit.  Keep up with at least three servings per day of fibrous fruit though; apples, pears, raspberries, etc..."

Yes, eliminate simple sugars...but diet sodas are basically fizzy water, if smoothies are made using ice and fresh fruit then they are healthy and use Fructose (fruit sugar) no added refined white sugars...Also, Most Protein shakes and power bars (BUT NOT ALL) are low to no carb and are just what they say, proein suppliments...they use artificial flavourings and sweetners..just chack the packageing...all fruit is good. It is a healthy way of keeping energy levels up and balanced whilst cutting down of complex carbs and fats.

"Lower your choleric intake in general...not below 1500 calories per day because your body will go in to store mode, but lower it down to around 2000 at least while maintaining your workout.  Fastest way to loose weight is to dump energy, and if you're burning 5000 calories in a day but only in-taking 2000 from complex sources like protein and complex carbohydrates, your body will be forced to burn fat to make up the 3000 calorie difference.

You need shock, high speed quick burst workouts...racquet ball, tread mill/exercise bike set to do speed training, basket ball, hockey, or sprint sports at the track.  These should be kept up so that your heart rate stays up during a full 30 minute workout, but you shouldn't extend your workout past that because then you will start building muscle mass and counteracting your problem."

All wrong!! If you wanna lose weight and maintain tone then do the complete opposite to whats been quoted!! i have no idea who told him that advice.

Excersicing to lose weight, build cardio vascular tolerance, build muscle mass & tone muscle mass are totally different ways of excersising! (excuse my spelling..it's real late...)...
You will NOT build bulk and muscle mass by useing weights and resistance machines properly, especially if you are a woman..unless you are taking a lot of steroids. It has been proven that lifting weights is actually MORE effective at weight control/reduction then CV workouts...reasons are...
1. Resistance training, in simplest terms, is a way of stressing muscle to the point of tearing and damaging it...hence the body then repairs the damaged muscle bigger and stronger...because of this process...you are burning calories, not only during the workout, but also during the rebuilding and repair process that can go on for 3 - 5 days depending on the intensity oif a workout! This is also gonna raise your resting metabolic rate which will in turn mean you will burn more calories whilst sleeping then you would normally!
2. Duriing a cardio session (eg..30 mins on a bike) for the first 20-25 mins all you are doing is useing up your excess Creatine levels. Creatine is the power source your body uses for quick burst / power movements (weight training, sprinting, quick burst movements etc...), the result's (or waste) of breaking down creatine as a power source is lactic acid which produces that tight feeling in your muscles (the pump)...so...
3...for weight loss we need to emply the CV (cardio vascular system) or oxygen energy system. It's the oxygen, burning with the calories (carbohydrates) that produces carbon dioxide as a waste...and turns up the heat to also increase metabolic rates...the problem is, we need to first get rid of the creatine before we start burning the oxygen (and carbs) to lose weight. If you jump straight on a bike or follow the excersises recomended by the person quoted, all you are gonna do is get sore, cramped muscles, very sweaty, out of breath and sore joints!! Yes, your heart will be hurting, but thats not what burns calories...
If you run, cycle, etc for 30 mins, the first 20-25 will be burning off the excess creatine and only when thats gone will you begin (for the last 5 mins) burning fat..that means, a 30 min session will probably burn off half a snickers, if you are lucky!!!

this is so complicated and i studies for years to get these qualifications and i am sorry if it's a little confusing...but bare with me.....

OK...i'm gonna try to simplify....

energy systems...

Creatine = strength, speed, power, pace....
Oxygen (using 75-90 max heart rate) = CV, max O2, stamina etc...
Oxygen (using 60-75 max heart rate) = weight lose, calorific burning, thermogenic effect...

To find your max heart rate just take your age from 220 and then do the percentage...eg...

me....220 - (age) 34 = 186.

So my max heart rate should be around 186...

...so for hard Cardio training i should be trying to maintain a heart rate of 140 to 168.
..for max fat burning i should try to maintain a MHR of 112 to 140 bpm...

If you have difficulty measuring then use the formula of...if u can't have a comfortable conversation anymore, then you are working too hard...slow down or reduce the resistance!

..Now, weights...they do NOT make you look like the governor. Unless you have a very high level of testosterone in your body, or are on a lot of steroids..you will only get lean and toned...not big and chunky!! Promise!! Ask anyone who knows!!

..So..to the end os this letter...thing....

The diet thing is most important....no wheat / sugars / and as little dairy as possible! Keep it to non fat milk or low fat cheeses..etc...eggs are good but eat the whites not the yolks!!
Lots of fruit, veg, poultry, fish, outmeal in the morning, and a little fat free ben and jerry's at the weekends.....

Gym...start with 30mins of resistance..weights....do circuites...useing low weights but high (12-20) rep sets...this will get the muscles working, warm up the joints, increase you metabolism and most importantly, burn off the excess Creatine in the body...

...now you hit the CV machines...1 hour a day after a workout...

do three different excersises for 20 mins each (to prevent boredom!!)..now, as soon as you start, you will be burning the right fuel (carbs!!!) keep the Heart rate in the correct area and listen to the ipod whilst you sweat....

Good luck. I hope this makes some sense to you. If you have any questions...contact me directly...you have the address....

And, please, don't listen to what a non qualified person tell you about dieting and weight loss.

p.s. anyone who says this
"NO WEIGHT TRAINING...no lifting weights...you're bulky as is, and you don't need any more muscle mass!!!!"
is obviously stupid as well as blind. You look stunning as you are...I'm offering safe and tested methods, not folklore for achieving your targets safely and efficiantly...

Joseph x

Jul 12 06 04:20 am Link

Photographer

Photography by Nick

Mount Ephraim, New Jersey, US

Also, after you are finished lifting, your body will continue to burn fat for up to an hour or more.  You do not need to lift anymore than usual, just take 5-10 lb weights, and do arm exercises. 

nick

jerrell edwards wrote:
Good advice from james ....Save the comment about NOT lifting weights
Ligting weights is a Fast Burst excercise, much like sprinting as ur heart rate stays high the entire workout
Lighting weights tears down muscle and during the post work out rebuilding process (24-48 hours), the muscle metabolism is still burning (fat for energy),
Now while thats happening you can take on cardiovascular workouts.
Doing repetitions of lighter weights will promote lean muscle. Remember than when you loose weight its generally more muscle mass and water you as losing than fat.
The coupling of light weights and steady reps with high rep cardio should do it
Unfortunately runway models tend to be ectomorphs at best so if thats the look u want its largely genetic
If you want a lean healthy body look at losing inches over pounds; if its pounds u want u can lop off an arm or leg and lose 20-40 pounds
pick up a issue of women's fitness, great tips specifically aimed at the average woman
But think about being active and healthy and not just "skinny" or having dropped some pounds for aesthetics
hope this helps
If u have 2 months for 20 fat-pounds then look at it as 2 and a half fat pounds a week, not very hard at all with working out and a high fiber diet low in refined sugars and "bad carbs" should have u full of energy and leaner
ENJOY THE MAYHEM!
(ps pardon typos its 4:30 am and im feeling too lazy to proof read)

Jul 12 06 05:00 am Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Dr. Atkins was a cardiologist and had over 80,000 case studies of his diet at the time of his death. Read the books, then judge him. As far as grains go, that's exactly what my Uncle Jake the Hog Farmer fed his pigs to FATTEN them up! It works everytime, humans too!!

Jul 12 06 08:42 am Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I think you're perfect just the way you are.  Is your weight causing health problems, or just self-esteem problems?

Jul 12 06 08:51 am Link

Model

kristenvictoria

i lost 37 lbs in two weeks and 26 in 20 hours lol but that only from giving birth hahahaha.........

but serouiosly  to lose weight 10-15 lbs in one week is possablie eat only tuna  in water ,,, plain ...and blackberrys or blue berrys watermelon ...and take fiber pills and drink as much water as possablie  no sugar no carbs no fat ... and take 2 teaspoon of castor oil in morning ... this will detox ur body and make u not only lose weight but make it easier to keep losing weight afterward,,,

Jul 12 06 08:57 am Link

Model

Laura F

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Try a 2 week detox diet, stay away from all carbs for lunch and dinner. (have oatmeal and protein in the morning, then protein and vegetables for lunch and dinner...couple of healthy snacks in between meals)  Drink lots and lots of water.  30 min of cardio every morning

Jul 12 06 09:01 am Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Would like to add; Beware the "Magic Bullet"! Only two things on your side that you can trust. Common Sense. Determination (aka Will Power or Stick-to-itivness).

Jul 12 06 09:01 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Class Act Photography wrote:
Take vitamins, drink lots of water and eat only watermelons and cucumbers for two weeks and you'll see results.

This is an excellent way to restore the acid/alkaline balance in the body and get rid of excess acid, which prevents the body from fatloss, since fat "protects" the body from high acidicity.

Good idea!

Jul 12 06 09:08 am Link

Model

kristenvictoria

oh and sit in the sauna for a hour or two ..its water weight only but quick weight off...

and hit the gym!!! and hit it hard ... make sure u eat ur protien!

smile

Jul 12 06 09:12 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Hey Joey,  I can't outright disagree with what you said, because I only have experience to back me up, but no formal training, however I have some questions and differences of opinion for you:

JOEY G. wrote:
Yes, eliminate simple sugars...but diet sodas are basically fizzy water, if smoothies are made using ice and fresh fruit then they are healthy and use Fructose (fruit sugar) no added refined white sugars...Also, Most Protein shakes and power bars (BUT NOT ALL) are low to no carb and are just what they say, protein suppliments...they use artificial flavourings and sweetners..just chack the packageing...all fruit is good. It is a healthy way of keeping energy levels up and balanced whilst cutting down of complex carbs and fats.

Ok, diet sodas are not just "fizzy water".  It has been proven that a person consuming diet soda rather than water, tea, or coffee will slow their metabolism.  Diet soda contains many toxic elements which force the body to store fat so that those elements can be dissolved in the fat...similar to what alcohol does to the body, only without the easy simple sugars.  The only drinks that are like water are tea and coffee according to a recent research study, and even that is being argued in health circles.  Water is by far the best drink for you.

As far as non-fibrous fruit and why I recommend against them:  If we are cutting out simple sugars, fructose or "fruit sugar" is one of the simplest sugars there are...the only worse sugars there are for your system are the sugars created from alcohol and sucrose from refined white sugar.  Small amounts of simple sugar are definitely not bad for you, but if you eat enough fruit and thus replace your sucrose intake with fructose intake (not hard to do) you won't be cutting out sugars at all. 

So my first question: What's your take on fructose?  It sounds as though you've been trained by a fitness center which sells smoothies and powerbars because scientists and health food experts (chefs who study health food, not health nuts) all agree that cutting fructose is as important as cutting sucrose...I however am asking, not telling you you are wrong... theories in health and good eating abound and what might be right according to one group today most likely will be proven wrong tomorrow.

Now, on to "Power bars" and "protein shakes"...  First, ew, I don't really understand how people market this crap.  If I'm on a 50 mile bike ride I might eat a power bar because it's so high in instantly accessible sugars and carbs that my body needs at that moment to keep functioning... Other than that it's in the group of "NEVER EAT" because besides the instantly accessible sugars, it contains a whole crapload of lard like fats and fatty acids to give you lasting energy after the boost.  You want a healthy, quick energy boost, long burn snack?  Try granola... not commercialized granola bars, but real granola or trail mix.  Protein shakes too are typically "ew"...though less ew if just made with fresh fruit and ice...but that's not the type of shake I was talking about...what I was talking about is those protein booster "shake" drinks that are designed to help weight lifters "bulk up".  They are sold as a food, and thus not regulated by the FDA as a drug, and many contain ingredients that you wouldn't put in dog food, much less human food.

JOEY G. wrote:
All wrong!! If you wanna lose weight and maintain tone then do the complete opposite to whats been quoted!! i have no idea who told him that advice.

Excersicing to lose weight, build cardio vascular tolerance, build muscle mass & tone muscle mass are totally different ways of excersising! (excuse my spelling..it's real late...)...

I agree with you that losing weight, building cardio endurance, building muscle, and toning muscle are all different workouts... and again I'm going off personal experience here, but what this young lady needs to do is raise her metabolism while not building ANY muscle.

Cardio endurance is accomplished by keeping a high constant heart rate for a long time (60 mins+) every day.

Toning muscle is accomplished by striating the muscle with muscle breakdown workouts that you don't recover from before breaking down the muscle again.

Muscle building is accomplished by breaking down the muscle, but letting it grow back (you will almost always grow two muscle cells for every one you kill during a workout).

Finally we get to what this young lady wants to do which is not muscle related at all, but increased metabolism and weight loss...  Why not just weight loss? Well because if you recommend a course of action which will *just* shed lbs then she will plop it right back on once her body gets used to the workout... To a certain extent the increased metabolism will assist in the weight loss, but it's primary goal is keeping the weight off.

Metabolism is increased when the body feels it needs to have energy ready all the time for quick dump offs.  In order to make the body feel that way you must quickly dump off energy several times a day, but the body doesn't care if this is all in the same 20 minutes or in several 5 minute sessions or across an hour.  It however is recognized by most trainers and cardio doctors that a 20 minute workout does the same thing to the cardio system as a 60 minute workout does.  Additionally your body maintains a higher calorie burn throughout the day and at almost the same levels as during your workout for the next two hours.

The reasoning behind my recommendation for "quick burn" workouts is that longer workouts; long runs, swimming, bicycling, aerobics classes, etc are going to go past jump starting her metabolism and go in to the section of muscle breakdown and building.  If she wants great big muscular legs, sure running an hour a day would be great, but if she just wants to lose and keep off weight, then keep it short.

So if you wouldn't mind explaining your reasoning behind your recommendations I'd be most interested.  I personally haven't heard of the creatine system...I've heard of it as a dietary supplement, but not as a body store system.

JOEY G. wrote:
You will NOT build bulk and muscle mass by useing weights and resistance machines properly, especially if you are a woman..unless you are taking a lot of steroids. It has been proven that lifting weights is actually MORE effective at weight control/reduction then CV workouts...reasons are...
1. Resistance training, in simplest terms, is a way of stressing muscle to the point of tearing and damaging it...hence the body then repairs the damaged muscle bigger and stronger...because of this process...you are burning calories, not only during the workout, but also during the rebuilding and repair process that can go on for 3 - 5 days depending on the intensity oif a workout! This is also gonna raise your resting metabolic rate which will in turn mean you will burn more calories whilst sleeping then you would normally!

I'd just like to take a moment out to say that you're contradicting yourself there...  Man or woman, your body is programed to build two muscle strands for every one you break.  Most women I have had the pleasure of going through a workout routine with reach a plateau much faster than me because they tend to start trading muscle for fat much faster than I as a man do.  Muscle weighs more, though less bulky, and if a "model weight" is her goal, then she needs to have as little lean muscle as possible on a very high metabolism body.  What you're recommending is great for an overall healthy body, but what you need to look in to is workouts for people who must maintain a very low weight.

JOEY G. wrote:

..Now, weights...they do NOT make you look like the governor. Unless you have a very high level of testosterone in your body, or are on a lot of steroids..you will only get lean and toned...not big and chunky!! Promise!! Ask anyone who knows!!

Now, I'm not saying that she'll "Bulk up" to "Super woman" but a weight training regimen *will* add muscle, even if that muscle is lean and toned, that is not her goal...  This young lady's goal is "model weight" and there is no muscle to "model weight".  She needs *ABSOLUTELY NO* muscle gain, while losing weight.

JOEY G. wrote:
The diet thing is most important....no wheat / sugars / and as little dairy as possible! Keep it to non fat milk or low fat cheeses..etc...eggs are good but eat the whites not the yolks!!

Yolks contain the good cholesterol when raw, bad when cooked, they also contain the proteins necessary to process fats, proteins which your body can't produce when raw.

JOEY G. wrote:
Lots of fruit, veg, poultry, fish, outmeal in the morning, and a little fat free ben and jerry's at the weekends.....

Gym...start with 30mins of resistance..weights....do circuites...useing low weights but high (12-20) rep sets...this will get the muscles working, warm up the joints, increase you metabolism and most importantly, burn off the excess Creatine in the body...

...now you hit the CV machines...1 hour a day after a workout...

Again I have to disagree with your time on the workout...  I can understand the resistance training for a half hour (doesn't have to be weights by the way, can be any low intensity low impact workout including walking or yoga)  I just can't understand the 1 hour of cardio...makes no sense what so ever unless she's looking to build endurance.

JOEY G. wrote:
p.s. anyone who says this
"NO WEIGHT TRAINING...no lifting weights...you're bulky as is, and you don't need any more muscle mass!!!!"
is obviously stupid as well as blind. You look stunning as you are...I'm offering safe and tested methods, not folklore for achieving your targets safely and efficiantly...

Joseph, I don't appreciate being called stupid.  As I said, it sounds like you've been trained in a sports club, not by doctors or health food experts.  I listen to the health club guys the least because that's the most likely place for strange advice to come from.  There are fads in the health industry and what you need to find out are the facts behind those fads.

I am offering no 'folklore' nor any unsafe advice...I would not do so...  I am looking, as an artist, at the young woman's figure, and I can clearly see the muscle mass in her legs and shoulders.  She is built very beautifully, but very bulky, and she will have to fight hard not to increase muscle definition too much while working out...  I've seen it many times before... I've seen her body type many times before...  I'm neither blind nor stupid, I just know how to read a person's body with my eyes, and I can tell you that under her tiny bit of fat she has a lot of muscle.

She does look stunning, and obviously people agree, she gets plenty of photos, but if her personal goal is "model" looks, then she's not going to get there with a "workout" body.

Jul 12 06 09:42 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Michael Longeneker wrote:
As far as grains go, that's exactly what my Uncle Jake the Hog Farmer fed his pigs to FATTEN them up! It works everytime, humans too!!

Yeah...go read another Fatkins book.

Whole grains will not fatten you when taken in moderation...additionally fiber is one of the keys to any weight loss because without water, the body can't transport fat, and without fiber too much fat sits around in the body as well.  Fiber will suck up fats and transfatty acids in your food.

Jul 12 06 09:46 am Link

Photographer

Pierre Vallier

Detroit, Michigan, US

The white diet...avoid everything white...Sugar, flour, corn powder, noodles, ect...
Its what the optrician told my overweight diabetic mother-who was loosing her vision.
True story, she dropped a lot of weight fast...and her vision was spared.

Jul 12 06 10:01 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

docmbp wrote:
The white diet...avoid everything white...Sugar, flour, corn powder, noodles, ect...
Its what the optrician told my overweight diabetic mother-who was loosing her vision.
True story, she dropped a lot of weight fast...and her vision was spared.

because most "white" stuff has been so processed it has no nutritional value left.

Plus as with any "shock" diet, your body drops weight as it has to find new methods of creating the same energy it used to in a different way.

Jul 12 06 10:22 am Link

Photographer

ELANFOTOS

Miami, Florida, US

20lbs? i dont know? but i know how to get rid og 100 lbs of some seriously ugly dead weight......divorce!

Jul 12 06 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Smooth Light

Davenport, Florida, US

Sara Danielle wrote:
Tell me I need to know!

If after following all the other good advice on here you still are not able to lose weight, have your thyroid checked. It controls your hormones and when it's not functioning properly will cause you to maintain your weight regardless of what you do and in some cases gain. Have the dr check for t4 conversion to t3, for enlargement, and for growths on it.

Jul 12 06 10:39 am Link