Forums > General Industry > Murder of good friend & photographer, Larry Phifer

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Here's another classic example of a punkazs gang member ruining his life while destroying the life of a genuinely nice person, who was probably at the wrong place at the wrong time.  Larry Phifer attended dozens of Southern California photoday shoots, including several events of mine.  He was well liked by all who encountered him, and made MANY friends in this region.  God rest your soul Larry.  Our hearts and prayers go out to your loved ones... wink

http://da.countyofventura.org/news_releases.htm (see July 7)

Jul 08 06 12:32 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I don't know him, but the fact that he is a colleague and friend of yours gives a connection and I am sorry for your loss of a good friend.

Please accept my sincere condolences!

UdoR

Jul 08 06 12:50 am Link

Photographer

photoego

South Middletown, Ohio, US

I'm sorry for your loss....I will keep his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

Rob

Jul 08 06 12:53 am Link

Photographer

Darren Paquette

Sacramento, California, US

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope that time will heal everyone's wounds sooner than later, as well as never let the memory of his life disappear. Darren.

Jul 08 06 01:01 am Link

Photographer

Darren Paquette

Sacramento, California, US

Jul 08 06 01:02 am Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

I am truly sorry for your loss and that your friend had to die that way (being murdered).  My condolences go out to you and the rest of his loved ones.

Jul 08 06 01:09 am Link

Photographer

megafunk

Los Angeles, California, US

That blows.

Jul 08 06 02:50 am Link

Photographer

jackfrost

Austin, Indiana, US

whoa , that really sucks mate ...... I truely pray for healing among those being touch due to something so stupid as this , it's sad that someone who was just doing his own thing got caught up in that , my dads a cop , i think i will give him call , once again im sorry for your lost .

Jul 08 06 02:59 am Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

apparently the killer was on some kind of idiotic crime spree.
http://www.venturacountystar.com/vcs/ne … 72,00.html

Now that he's been found guilty and "eligible for a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole" I hope he gets the worst. It must have been a horrible death for Larry.  To die like this in your own home is the worst.

I like the sentiment of a previous poster and that we should call someone we love today.

Sorry to hear about this Gary.

Jul 08 06 09:13 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Really sorry for your loss....

Jul 08 06 09:13 am Link

Photographer

Photocraft

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

What a horrific tragedy. No words can express my deep sympathy. I'm glad as a photographer that he was able to capture some of the beauty of this world before he was lost to it. If there are any links to his images, please post them, in  his memory.

Jul 09 06 03:42 am Link

Photographer

orinxpress

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Ack, I hate what happened to your associate.

There is being cautious, and then things beyond your control. There have been times I was sure I'd be mugged, walking at 1 am in the snow in NY with a load of photo equipment, and it didn't happen. Then I got mugged by two guys in broad daylight less than a mile from my house. My own ex-landlord and his girlfriend tried to break into my place at 3am while I was there. Home invasion scenario, what were they thinking? The police said they knew all about them when I made a report.

Be especially careful on Fridays, the police told me. That's when people are cashing and/or depositing paychecks, carrying money around for the weekend...

Jul 09 06 09:11 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

A terrible loss.

Jul 09 06 10:33 am Link