Forums > General Industry > What the FFFFFF does this mean??

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

"We love yourr height, we like your measurements and you have a grreeeat lookk...but we aren't looking for a model like you right now. So come back in a few months when the market changes. I don't know, I think you should go to Click or Ford and see what they say...but make sure to resubmit it a few months."

She was nice enough to me...nicer to me than the other girls she said no to..lol

Jun 21 06 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

It seems that it means they arent looking for black models right now...I would assume... Dont get discouraged..She was very nice in how she told you. But seriously try the other agencies..You never know...

~hugs~

*edit.... BUT I AM PROBABLY TOTALLY OFF BASE HERE!!

Jun 21 06 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Whatever...I didnt hit it twice...LOL

Jun 21 06 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

TR PHOTO

Los Angeles, California, US

Electra T wrote:
"We love yourr height, we like your measurements and you have a grreeeat lookk...but we aren't looking for a model like you right now. So come back in a few months when the market changes. I don't know, I think you should go to Click or Ford and see what they say...but make sure to resubmit it a few months."

She was nice enough to me...nicer to me than the other girls she said no to..lol

Probably liked your look but want more in your portfolio and wants to see how dedicated you are. That's why they want you to resubmit.

Jun 21 06 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

corachaos

Denver, Colorado, US

I would definately expand your portfolio to show some different looks.  Exotic is selling a lot more than wholesome right now.  You might want to have at least 10 looks in your portfolio before hitting the other agencies.

Jun 21 06 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Was this from an agency?  It could mean that they have someone like you already.  They aren't going to take too many models with the same look; if they did, the agency would be competing with itself for jobs.

Jun 21 06 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

DaG

Atlanta, Georgia, US

corachaos wrote:
I would definately expand your portfolio to show some different looks.  Exotic is selling a lot more than wholesome right now.  You might want to have at least 10 looks in your portfolio before hitting the other agencies.

Actually, you don't really need a portfolio at all if you're trying to get signed by an agency. The portfolio comes afterwards.

Danny

Jun 21 06 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

GFP Studios wrote:

Actually, you don't really need a portfolio at all if you're trying to get signed by an agency. The portfolio comes afterwards.

Danny

This depends on the agency.

Jun 21 06 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

It means: "we don't like you"

Jun 21 06 01:42 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Yup it was from an agency I went to today. I'm not that discouraged, I have every intention of trying again...I had a good time..took an hour to get there and i was there for about 15 minutes.

My question is, if its the "market" how will going to click and ford help me if they're all competing for the same jobs?eh, i'm just glad i went.

Jun 21 06 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

TR PHOTO

GFP Studios wrote:

Danny

Used to be that way but now the competition is walking in with awesome portfolios, some with tear sheets proving their ability to get the job done.

Jun 21 06 01:56 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Dee wrote:
It seems that it means they arent looking for black models right now...I would assume... Dont get discouraged..She was very nice in how she told you. But seriously try the other agencies..You never know...

~hugs~

*edit.... BUT I AM PROBABLY TOTALLY OFF BASE HERE!!

hmmm you think so? It was really funny because when i went in there, honestly i thought i had the wrong floor...b/c one of the girls had to be wayyyyyy under 5'8 and i'd say a size 8. The other girl was tall but I'd think too thin. The other girl was kinda short and quite round.....I guess ppl ignore the posted requirements and come in anyway.

Jun 21 06 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Electra T wrote:

hmmm you think so? It was really funny because when i went in there, honestly i thought i had the wrong floor...b/c one of the girls had to be wayyyyyy under 5'8 and i'd say a size 8. The other girl was tall but I'd think too thin. The other girl was kinda short and quite round.....I guess ppl ignore the posted requirements and come in anyway.

I dunno but how you explained she was trying to be PC...I am probably WAY wrong..I like your personality and see your posts all the time here....I didnty mean it offensively at all...

Jun 21 06 03:45 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Dee wrote:

I dunno but how you explained she was trying to be PC...I am probably WAY wrong..I like your personality and see your posts all the time here....I didnty mean it offensively at all...

I wasn't offended! I have a fairly good idea of how "it" works...if clients wish to get all "ethnic" in 3 months then maybe they'll want me...or if there is a girl who looks like me at there agency...if she just happens to get hit with a mack truck.....!

I have a feeling that they didn't like my snapshots, like i thought they look at you and keep the snapshot, but it turns out they look at the snapshot and then determine if they want to see more of you...but that to me is just really silly..

Jun 21 06 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Electra T wrote:

The highlighted part is the most telling statement to me.

You went in. 
They saw you. 
They didn't sign you.

I wouldn't look into it anymore than that.  If they wanted to sign you, they would've...

Jun 21 06 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

Dee wrote:
It seems that it means they arent looking for black models right now...I would assume...

Don't assume that!

Jun 21 06 03:50 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Jay Bowman wrote:
The highlighted part is the most telling statement to me.

You went in. 
They saw you. 
They didn't sign you.

I wouldn't look into it anymore than that...

I'm sorry its nawing at me. I'll get over it. I guess also, its kind of making me think..if they have no interest isn't very likely that the other won't either?

Jun 21 06 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Daguerre wrote:

Don't assume that!

I also said I was probably WAY off base...I can assume anything I please...tongue You Big BULLY....

Jun 21 06 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

Steven Bigler wrote:
It means: "we don't like you"

No it doesn't. No REPUTABLE model agency (Ford, Wilhemina, etc.) will ask any model they don't like to come back and waste more of their time.  Doesn't happen.

This is in fact a very good sign.  It means they DO like you, they just don't have a place for you right now.

Jun 21 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

Dee wrote:

I also said I was probably WAY off base...I can assume anything I please...tongue You Big BULLY....

Now I feel so bad!! I should have said please.

Jun 21 06 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

It's a PC way of saying don't call us, we'll call you assuming you'll forget about them tongue

Jun 21 06 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Electra T wrote:

I'm sorry its nawing at me. I'll get over it. I guess also, its kind of making me think..if they have no interest isn't very likely that the other won't either?

It should knaw at you. Because you're supposed to turn that dissapointment into fuel to strive to make yourself be wanted, you know what i'm getting at? Use what you're feeling as a tool to do better.

Jun 21 06 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

Darryl Martin

Boulder City, Nevada, US

Jun 21 06 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

GFP Studios wrote:

Brian Diaz wrote:
This depends on the agency.

For starter models, and for the major agencies, GFP is right.  Its usually a waste of time & money to do an entire book, just to have an agency put you in their new face division and start you all over because the images you have already are not marketable to their clientelle.  The agency usually only needs a few prints to see how you photograph.  The new face division will then develope the book needed to book with their clientelle.

Working repped models are different-- their books have already been developed by another top tier agency, so most of the shots will probably still work.

Jun 21 06 04:04 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

BCI Photo wrote:

It should knaw at you. Because you're supposed to turn that dissapointment into fuel to strive to make yourself be wanted, you know what i'm getting at? Use what you're feeling as a tool to do better.

Well it did make me eat two slices of pizza..You're right though, the rejection makes me want it a lot more...

Jun 21 06 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
It could mean that they have someone like you already.  They aren't going to take too many models with the same look; if they did, the agency would be competing with itself for jobs.

I believe Brian is on the money here.  Timing just has to be right...

Jun 21 06 04:11 pm Link

Photographer

Stan The Man

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

2moro is another day!!! lift your chin up!! pull your shoulders back!!!!! dont you feel it..... success is looking for you....!!! u cant see it cuz u have your head down!!!

Jun 21 06 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Daguerre wrote:

Now I feel so bad!! I should have said please.

It's alright now that you feel bad...tongue Next time say Pwease

Jun 21 06 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

Electra T wrote:

Well it did make me eat two slices of pizza..You're right though, the rejection makes me want it a lot more...

I don't believe it was a rejection.  If they didn't like you, they would not have invited you back!  That would be a waste of their time.  And they are too busy for that.

Jun 21 06 04:18 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Daguerre wrote:

I don't believe it was a rejection.  If they didn't like you, they would not have invited you back!  That would be a waste of their time.  And they are too busy for that.

I sent u a pm! Maybe it wasn't, I didn't notice her telling the other girls to come back but hmmm...i'll see i'll see.

Jun 21 06 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

David A

Pleasant Grove, Utah, US

Darryl Martin wrote:

lol that's FFFF not FFFFFF

Jun 21 06 04:29 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Well, the "try back in a couple months" does mean that there is some interest there.
But, how much...we can't say. They may have a girl who looks like you, or a strogner girl or a girl with a book already and since models' looks tend to go out of style pretty quick, you could be a runner up to replace her.

On thte other hand. It may mean that there was somehting there. But, go out and work harder. If they were to see you again...they might be looking for that "wow" factor out of you.

Anytime an agancy say "Try again.." YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TRY AGAIN!

Keep trying 'til the director is blue in the face from looking at you.

Hell, even when they say no, Keep trying.
Ex. I know a young woman in CA. who got rejected by every agency in the bay. Kept going back and kept getting rejected. In the meantime she kept bringing updated snapshots and new images from "professional" tests... She was in her late 20's already no professional experience. But, she gained a tearsheet and some other jobs and came back showing them she can do the damn thang. Timing. Simple rule is "Keep trying."

Jun 21 06 06:02 pm Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

Electra T wrote:
Yup it was from an agency I went to today. I'm not that discouraged, I have every intention of trying again...I had a good time..took an hour to get there and i was there for about 15 minutes.

My question is, if its the "market" how will going to click and ford help me if they're all competing for the same jobs?eh, i'm just glad i went.

They all have different bookers.  Yes they may all compete for the same core work but they do have a % of niche work just like any other field.  Go see Click Ford and Q.  Found Ford to be the most vocal with input to make yourself better. Keep networking with those that are making the legit agency round for tips on the best look for the go see. Never know your snap shots might be under par but if your presence in person is compelling you may just get that shot.

Dorothy Shi shoots some very very solid work that gets a model noticed

Jun 21 06 06:21 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

aye provide wrote:
They all have different bookers.  Yes they may all compete for the same core work but they do have a % of niche work just like any other field.  Go see Click Ford and Q.  Found Ford to be the most vocal with input to make yourself better. Keep networking with those that are making the legit agency round for tips on the best look for the go see. Never know your snap shots might be under par but if your presence in person is compelling you may just get that shot.

Dorothy Shi shoots some very very solid work that gets a model noticed

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Youngyoshi3989/thankyou137tf.gif....but whats Q?

Jun 21 06 06:22 pm Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

Electra T wrote:

Thank you!....but whats Q?

www.qmodels.com

Jun 21 06 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

paulcobophotography

Miami Beach, Florida, US

They might have some one that fits your profile already.  But, noramlly they would have told you this.

Jun 21 06 06:28 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

aye provide wrote:

www.qmodels.com

They don't do plus sad

Jun 21 06 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Pfft. Change your hair and makeup and go back tomorrow.  Maybe they are looking for that girl.

Jun 21 06 06:43 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

markcomp wrote:
Pfft. Change your hair and makeup and go back tomorrow.  Maybe they are looking for that girl.

LOL. I said that same thing to my brother. "I'm her twin, Elextra??" it might work! lol

Jun 21 06 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Electra T wrote:

LOL. I said that same thing to my brother. "I'm her twin, Elextra??" it might work! lol

Oh God, we're thinking alike now?

Jun 21 06 06:48 pm Link