Photographer

David Holloway

Liberty Lake, Washington, US

I have never really checked out myspace and was wondering if it's a good site or not...Input is requested before I consider joining. Thanks.

Jul 18 05 10:08 pm Link

Model

munyeka

Arcadia, California, US

i like it but there's no central interestest. some people are looking for work connections, others party connections, and some are just looking to get laid... it is a good way to stay in touch with people however, cos everyone is on it...
check mine out: www.myspace.com/munyeka
xoxo -denise

Jul 18 05 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

CharliesImages

Raleigh, Illinois, US

"it couldn't hurt"

Jul 18 05 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Personally, I feel Myspace SUCKS!

The Myspace administrators ALLOW and PROMOTE illegal activities such as copyright infringement, trademark infringement, and identity theft.

If a person brings such violations to the attention of the Myspace administration, and includes details about which myspace "terms of service" and laws are being violated, the Myspace will ban the person that reports the illegal acts, while they PROMOTE the scammers!

Most people think that a web hosting service is immune to copyright violations and illegal activities of its users, which is a falicy.  The "Digital Millenium Copyright Act" (DCMA) law states that when such problems are brought to the attention of the web hosting service, the service must take action to eliminate the problem.  If the the web hosting service decides to allow the illegal activities to continue, the service will also be held liable for the illegal activities.

I feel it is just a manner of time before Myspace gets shut down because of the massive fraud and copyright infringement that continues to take place on their website.

Jul 19 05 01:27 am Link

Photographer

StevenNoreyko

Austin, Texas, US

yeah.. myspace is great if you happen to be between age 14-20

Jul 19 05 01:32 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

I like it.

Jul 19 05 03:44 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Posted by David Holloway: 
I have never really checked out myspace and was wondering if it's a good site or not...Input is requested before I consider joining. Thanks.

I LOVE MYSPACE!

It just so happens that I found out about ModelMayhem BECAUSE of MySpace.com, so quite honestly I don't know if I'd be here writing this without Hugh Jorgen promoting MM on MS!!! Thanks Hugh! 

Both ModelMayhem and MySpace are FREE.  So what's the problem being on any and all websites that can provide exposure and increase connections?  I am not a 16 kid either! There are people of many ages and backgrounds on MySpace. Many are also models, photograhers, make up artists, designers, musicians, and popular bands! All the sort people I enjoy networking with. The website does have some problems due to it's fast growth, but then what website doesn't?

Join the site! You have nothing to lose, and may gain a lot more!

Jul 19 05 03:54 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by munyeka: 
i like it but there's no central interestest. some people are looking for work connections, others party connections, and some are just looking to get laid... it is a good way to stay in touch with people however, cos everyone is on it...
check mine out: www.myspace.com/munyeka
xoxo -denise

Denise, there are "interests" groups on MySpace. You just need to explore it.  Since it is much larger then ModelMayhen, it is more hit an miss at times, but there are a lot of people on it now.  It just takes some research.

I have friends and family on it so it has helped me keep in touch with them too!

Jul 19 05 03:57 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by CharliesImages: 
"it couldn't hurt"

Exactly my point!

Jul 19 05 03:58 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by SayCheeZ!: 
Personally, I feel Myspace SUCKS!

The Myspace administrators ALLOW and PROMOTE illegal activities such as copyright infringement, trademark infringement, and identity theft.

If a person brings such violations to the attention of the Myspace administration, and includes details about which myspace "terms of service" and laws are being violated, the Myspace will ban the person that reports the illegal acts, while they PROMOTE the scammers!

Most people think that a web hosting service is immune to copyright violations and illegal activities of its users, which is a falicy.  The "Digital Millenium Copyright Act" (DCMA) law states that when such problems are brought to the attention of the web hosting service, the service must take action to eliminate the problem.  If the the web hosting service decides to allow the illegal activities to continue, the service will also be held liable for the illegal activities.

I feel it is just a manner of time before Myspace gets shut down because of the massive fraud and copyright infringement that continues to take place on their website.

That simply is NOT true!

The Admin. at MySpace has been very helpful in deleting profiles that are FAKE or breaking the Terms of Use. I have been reporting FAKES on MySpace for quite sometime. My model friends Jessica Jones, Donna Michelle, and I have formed the FAKE BUSTERS on MySpace, a group devoted to exposing FAKES as quickly as we can catch them using stolen photos. 

There are many creepy people who are stealing pictures to make FAKE profiles.  In addition to using my technique for outing the FAKES for the maximum humiliation, I have contacted MySpace admin.  Sometimes they are so quick at deleting the offending profile that I don't get my chance to do my thing. 

So if you were banned from MySpace for reporting offending FAKES, then I don't understand how that could be since I have not been banned and I have reported MANY! They are e-mailing me back thanking me now!

The people who run MySpace are aware of the laws and they are working to improve the site as well as battle against those who abuse it.  The Admin. of MySpace do not like to be threatened. If you came across as a trouble maker who threatens lawsuits with them, it maybe why you got banned?

Since MySpace and ModelMayhem are still FREE, there will be problems with FAKES as well as copyright violations and illegal activities  on both sites.  You get what you pay for!  LOL

Jul 19 05 04:16 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by StevenNoreyko: 
yeah.. myspace is great if you happen to be between age 14-20

The ones younger than 16 are doing so by lying about their age.  In my profile of "friends" on MySpace, there are mostly 20 and 30 something's.  But there is a wide range of ages for MySpace users.

Jul 19 05 04:20 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Monsante Bey: 
I like it.

Glad somebody here besides me does! 

Jul 19 05 04:21 am Link

Photographer

David Velez

New York, New York, US

NIN is on it.

Kylie is on it too.

I love it.

Jul 19 05 04:33 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

MySpace is Cool if ya work it Right..Just like any site!!
I met My 14 year old Nephew for the first time on myspace..
It has lots of people on it..
I have a photography port on it..
Recieved a paying job off of it ,And met some very nice People..
Thank You Patrick!!

www.myspace.com/siskiyou

Jul 19 05 04:34 am Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

myspace to me is primarily an online community of kids that want online friends, and a networking tool for kids that are promoting for clubs and want to rake in as many "friends" to his party. 

The good side of myspace is that some people find it a place of ease where you can post your diary, inner feelings, etc... that otherwise he/she may be embarrassed or feel awkward expressing.  But if you're not in the mood of expressing your thoughts, posting diaries/blogs, collect "friends" in your online network, there's really not much point in joining it...

I'm not on it because my brother in law is actively engaged in that site posting blogs all the time, and, as much "friendly" supports he gets, he also sometimes get unreasonably bashed or picked on by those that hurts others to make themselves happy.  Plus, I don't really see the point of networking with completely random people unless they share similar interests with me or are work potentials.  That I can find in MM better, and those friends that I actually know in person, i.e. college friends, I'm already networked with through friendster : P

Jul 19 05 04:42 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Hugh  Jorgen: 
MySpace is Cool if ya work it Right..Just like any site!!
I met My 14 year old Nephew for the first time on myspace..
It has lots of people on it..
I have a photography port on it..
Recieved a paying job off of it ,And met some very nice People..
Thank You Patrick!!

www.myspace.com/siskiyou

Hugh, that cool you met your Nephew on it! I have two Nieces on it ... both in their 20's. They are active in many of the same things I'm doing.  One is an event planner, and the other is an actress and model. They are both doing well!

So far I have gotten more gigs from MySpace than I have from this ModelMayhem site ... it's also great for staying in contact with people!

Jul 19 05 04:57 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Sascha: 
myspace to me is primarily an online community of kids that want online friends, and a networking tool for kids that are promoting for clubs and want to rake in as many "friends" to his party. 

The good side of myspace is that some people find it a place of ease where you can post your diary, inner feelings, etc... that otherwise he/she may be embarrassed or feel awkward expressing.  But if you're not in the mood of expressing your thoughts, posting diaries/blogs, collect "friends" in your online network, there's really not much point in joining it...

I'm not on it because my brother in law is actively engaged in that site posting blogs all the time, and, as much "friendly" supports he gets, he also sometimes get unreasonably bashed or picked on by those that hurts others to make themselves happy.  Plus, I don't really see the point of networking with completely random people unless they share similar interests with me or are work potentials.  That I can find in MM better, and those friends that I actually know in person, i.e. college friends, I'm already networked with through friendster : P

Because it is a larger site, I have come across more angry people there, as well as out right "haters!"  There does seem to be a small town feel to ModelMayhem vs. the big city feel of MySpace.  It happens!

Jul 19 05 05:00 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

There are Crummy people everywhere!!

Jul 19 05 05:26 am Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

BUt you have to look at  it this way Myspace is not a photography base site. So people will try to get away with anything and try to get in your pants at the same time. It's a different animal than ModelMayhem.....then again how many times have you been hit on by non-photographers claiming to be photographers

Jul 19 05 05:30 am Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

From a photographer's perspective, I've gotten a decent amount of work from having a myspace account. Just another marketing avenue for me.

Jul 19 05 07:01 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

All I get from myspace are obnoxious guys trying to cyber-hit on me and garage bands wanting me to listen to their mp3s. I haven't found benefit in being there, but perhaps I just don't have the enrgy to harass people to work with me.

Jul 19 05 09:28 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Theda on myspace.  How cute?  Do you play with Dollies too?

Jul 19 05 09:31 am Link

Model

StaciF

New York, New York, US

My space is cool- in that there are lots of subcultures- goth,horror etc. I usually only allow friends of people I know because it can get way out of hand with the cyber guys hitting on me also. I happen to like garage bands-so the music thing is cool. I am Groupichik66 over there-

Jul 19 05 09:35 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

Have you ever looked at my website?

Jul 19 05 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Posted by theda: 

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

I have it on 24 hours a day as my screen saver but I hacked the system so that those scary ones do not show.

Jul 19 05 09:48 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

Posted by theda: 

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

I have it on 24 hours a day as my screen saver but I hacked the system so that those scary ones do not show.

Wise move.

Jul 19 05 09:54 am Link

Model

Jenn

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I love myspace!  I dont use it to advance my modeling career but I did hear about mm from myspace and most of my friends on there, I know in real life as well.  I do get the occasional "hey- let's have sex" emails from 17 year olds, but I just delete them and move on. 

http://www.myspace.com/thefabmissj

Jul 19 05 09:56 am Link

Model

Nika

Lynn, Alabama, US

Beacause everyone for the better part has myspace, I was able to find an incredible amount of people with whom I fell out of touch with. You can use it to meet new people, find old ones, whatever. Because there is really no content moderation, DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, and sometimes that is fn GREAT!  So what 90% of my emails are from creeps, the 10% from people I actually miss is worth having one.
http://www.myspace.com/nikan

Jul 19 05 10:09 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

u can link up with whomever you choose

also can keep logs private or not

theres bound to be abuse and i was badly conned by a so called HEALER on there..... but I like it and keep in touch with friends and family that way - rarely adding anyone else although I get to hear some cool bands!

www.myspace.com/4Anjel

I WOULDNT talk about being a model...I mention my yoga work and send inspirational bulletins to my group

its even got IM

Jul 19 05 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Dimler

Tampa, Florida, US

I love myspace!!  I use it to make friends first.  Then network my businesses like D2imports.com(car parts and accessories) and D2Images (photography).  I also used it to talk to potential models.  If I've seen them on the other modeling websites (MM, OMP, Net models, etc...) I say I have and it gives them a place to look at my work and hopefully make them feel more comfortable about possibly working with me.  It also gives me a way to see what new models might be out there.  I email them about modeling and they either say yes or no.  All of the ones that say no, I still talk to because like I said I'm there to make friends first.  I have quite a few friends on my list, not as many as some but more than others.  haha  The music does get obnoxious and some of the profiles load very slowly, but that's to be expected when they can create their own webpage. 

My myspace is:
http://www.myspace.com/d2imports

D2I

Jul 19 05 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Logan Seh

Lansing, Michigan, US

Myspaces is a networking tool of various forms, professional, friendly or partying trolls.

I have a Myspace that I barely use.  For some its great cause you can IM, blog, and post a calendar of events.

Like anything its what you make of it....

Now where's Theda's web page tongue

Jul 19 05 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

You have to take it "tongue in cheek" but MySpace can be fun!

It is a good thing to have control of your "friends" list on MySpace just as we do here on ModelMayhem. In fact, I'm sorta picky about who I have as a "friend" on MySpace.  It's really funny that I get 16 year old boys wanting to be "friends" every time I put a new picture of some HOT female model up as my aviator!  Obviously they don't READ my profile to find out that I am male, also the photographer, AND that is NOT a picture of me! Plus my last name is not Jackson!  ROFLMAO!

It is also cool for the music. I happen to like garage bands myself, and go to photograph the local ones when I can! Some of the bands on there are really good! Also some of the bands are well known ones ... a favorite of mine is Wang Chung! Remember "Everybody Have Fun Tonight!"  http://www.myspace.com/wangchungtheband ... Wang Chung!  It's the REAL guys, and they are back in the UK right now. I partied with them back in the 80's when they toured California!  There are MANY other people I know in the music industry that you would be surprised to know they are on MySpace.  But that's a whole story best saved for my http://groups.myspace.com/backstage411 or Backstage411 (a magazine!)

If you are interested, I am http://www.myspace.com/bellaimages  BELLAIMAGES ON MYSPACE and my other group is http://groups.myspace.com/internetmodelclub or InternetModelClub  Please join!

Jul 19 05 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Sylvester

Fairfield, Ohio, US

Myspace was just purchased by NEWS Corp. They see it as a way to advertise and promote FOX TV.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4695495.stm

EDIT:
I suppose I should be more specific.  NEWS Corp bought the company which owns myspace.com, thus also buying myspace. Just read the article.

Jul 19 05 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Bill Sylvester: 
Myspace was just purchased by NEWS Corp. They see it as a way to advertise and promote FOX TV.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4695495.stm

That is HUGE NEWS! yikes 

Tom sold out!  I don't know if I'm going to like the changes that FOX News will make .... maybe I'm not going to be such a big fan for much longer?

Jul 19 05 02:28 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Wang Chung is on there? Perhaps I should rethink my views.

Jul 19 05 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Dimler

Tampa, Florida, US

Well, I now eat my words.  I told this one girl on myspace that she better talk to Tom to see if it was true.  But some other rumors where that they were going to have people pay for the site, take it down for another one and whatnot.  But I didn't think he would sell it. 

I feel kind of stupid.  haha

D2I

Jul 19 05 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

Ian Powell

Columbus, Ohio, US

like any webcomunity you can't take it to seriously and you can't let it RUN your life... this sort of goes for this site as well i guess. But myspace isn't a bad site. Life doesn't happen on myspace, life doesn't happen on model mayhem... so it's what you do with a site.

Jul 19 05 04:59 pm Link

Photographer

ryan widger

Detroit, Alabama, US

it's another great way to meet people you will never have to look in the eye. it's amazing to see how people wish to represent themselves, we can remove all the flaws become less human...

we look less like what we see in the mirror and more like what we see on the screen.

isn't this site becoming a lot like myspace? and hell just yesterday myspace was bought by fox broadcasting for the kind of money we could all split up and live seperately and comfortably off of for the rest of our lives.

Jul 19 05 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by theda: 
Wang Chung is on there? Perhaps I should rethink my views.

Yep, and the REAL Snoop dogg is on it too, but he lays low. I know his producer personally since Fred came out of the San Jose area to work with Snoop. Also you have people who are doing PR or rep others on the site. It's hard to know who is for real and who is fake though ...

As far as Fox taking it over, that makes me sick! Most musicans I know are liberals.  This may mean quite a few will jump ship, while Ted Nugent will take over!

Jul 19 05 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Ian Powell: 
like any webcomunity you can't take it to seriously and you can't let it RUN your life... this sort of goes for this site as well i guess. But myspace isn't a bad site. Life doesn't happen on myspace, life doesn't happen on model mayhem... so it's what you do with a site.

That is so true!  There are many websites on the 'net ... why get hooked up with only one?  Besides, websites come and go! E-Bay is like ancient being that it is 10 years old!

Jul 19 05 06:56 pm Link