Forums > General Industry > Photographer getting off on a model's images...

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

C R Photography wrote:

Well there's the door for a pervert to walk into wink

Once you knew he was doing the five-knuckle shuffle with his piss pump while looking at your images, you should have ignored him and then blocked him.

Sorry this happened to you but it sounds like you did indirectly lead him on.

LOL

Nice way to put it.  And yes I see my mistake.

Jun 05 06 12:48 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
I'll see you, and raise you,

I got an inquirey abut a modeling job quite a while back and nope he did not ask me if I wanted to know about his cock he just sent me several erect photos of himself. I later ran into him in a modeling networking event.........

Yummy!!!!!!

hahaha!

Photographer

Olaf S

Allentown, Pennsylvania, US

Iona Lynn wrote:

I got an inquirey abut a modeling job quite a while back and nope he did not ask me if I wanted to know about his cock he just sent me several erect photos of himself. I later ran into him in a modeling networking event.........

Yummy!!!!!!

Hmmm....

So, when you ran into him at the event, how did you recognize him?

LOL...

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

C R Photography wrote:
Sorry this happened to you but it sounds like you did indirectly lead him on.

Ditto. The more we hear of this story the more it sounds like you let it go on WAY longer than it should've. The second someone starts talking to you in a sexual way here you need to tell the mods and ignore the person.

Jun 05 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

phcorcoran

Lawrence, Indiana, US

The photographer's email to you was inappropriate, but you're a 29-year-old woman and that's old enough to shrug off things like that.  Girls in high school deal with worse.  Just don't work with him if you now feel uncomfortable.

Jun 05 06 12:49 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

If one comment is enough to make you feel "dirty" you may just want to re-assess your carrer path.  There's a lot worse out there than that guy.  Someday I'll tell you about the 14 year old girl who changed her AIM screenmane 17 times before she got the hint that i didn't want to see pics of her spread.

...or maybe it was just NBC doing a "Dateline" special...who can tell?

Dateline was so after you.

I am here to have fun and enjoy the wonderful work all of you do, if someone gets um, excited over it, spare me the details.  Know what I mean?

Jun 05 06 12:51 pm Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

On the one hand, it does sound a little bit like the way you were talking to him was a smidge flirtatious, or could have been  interpreted as such. Why mention what he looks like? A photographer's appearance isn't really relevant to anything, so I can see how a creepy guy could use a question like that as a jumping-off point for assuming that you were interested in him beyond his photography.

On the other, the people who are implying that you are being over-the-top, overstating things, etc. need to take a flying leap if he really asked if you wanted to "hear about his cock." The minute you start bringing up the state of your genitalia, you have stepped WAY over the line, in my opinion. Sure, one can suspect that a photographer may be whacking off to the photos he takes...but when he's actually saying that your photos had any involvement in him being "super horny," that's just completely inappropriate. What the hell was he thinking? And your photos aren't even super-sexy, mostly just headshots, which for some reason makes it look even more inappropriate and like he's trying to use the site to pick up girls... I could understand a guy getting aroused at nudes, obviously - though NOT mentioning how "horny" he was getting to the model, please - but headshots?

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

Iona Lynn wrote:

Yummy!!!!!!

I just have to ask,
(cause I see the erect shots on LJ all the time)
Does the unsoliceted cock photo approch ever get the guy a chick?
or do they just get off on upsetting the photo recipiant?

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Olaf S wrote:

Hmmm....

So, when you ran into him at the event, how did you recognize him?

LOL...

your evil Olaf ....... wink  the were full length images I saw all of him. God it was strange when I saw him in person I just thought "oh I know this guy, but where from and smiled" Then it hit me why I recogized him......

Jun 05 06 12:52 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

phcorcoran wrote:
The photographer's email to you was inappropriate, but you're a 29-year-old woman and that's old enough to shrug a comment like that off.  Just don't work with him again if you now feel uncomfortable.

I should, and he shouldn't go there.  But I didn't and he did.

I've not worked with him and I never would.

Jun 05 06 12:53 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

Ditto. The more we hear of this story the more it sounds like you let it go on WAY longer than it should've. The second someone starts talking to you in a sexual way here you need to tell the mods and ignore the person.

you're right

Jun 05 06 12:54 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We only have bits and pieces of this story..my only question is did this convo start out with him choking his chicken or did it happen after you guys started talking?

Jun 05 06 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Sinsazia wrote:

Dateline was so after you.

I am here to have fun and enjoy the wonderful work all of you do, if someone gets um, excited over it, spare me the details.  Know what I mean?

I surely speak for a minority around here but I personally love to hear that my images have the power to arouse.  Reaching people on that plane is a far bigger ego trip for me than money...underage girls notwithstanding.

Jun 05 06 12:55 pm Link

Model

Mockingbird Girl

New York, New York, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

Cream and sugar?

Me too please...

Jun 05 06 12:58 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

*Brings her laptop and melvins portfolio to bed with her on lonely nights*

Jun 05 06 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Sinsazia wrote:

It ended with lack of response on my end and him wanting to finish the convo later.

I'll pass.

Good for you..  A lot of times stories like this (around here, anyway) end up getting weird on both ends.. Which is why we always whip out the lawn chairs and the coffee and the popcorn..  But yeah..  You did fine.. He's got me totally creeped out.. And I'm hoping a mod's tuning in.. Because I have no idea if this guy should be reported or not..  But I sure as hell wouldn't want to know him..

(And for the record, if this weren't a modeling site, and they were just chatting.. I could care less..  But it is, and they weren't, and ick..)

Jun 05 06 01:00 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Iona Lynn wrote:

Flatterer.

Jun 05 06 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Mickle Design Werks

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Sinsazia wrote:

No.  Fun, light banter.  I then told him he was at an advantage over me knowing what I look like and this was his response:

True.  Unfortunately I don't have any pics of me on the computer as I am almost always behind the camera.  I am 5' 6" slim and toned.  Late 40's.  Salt and pepper hair.  Trimmed beard.  Greenish eyes.  Like to know about my cock?
End Quote

One of the problems with IM and e-mail is that you do not get the intonation of the message.  This is especially true if this is between people that barely know each other or only communicate through IM. Electronic communications has a way of letting personal mores down and people feel that they can be less guarded and familiar with complete strangers since there is a barrier that protects them.  The “Like to know about my cock?â€? could simply be him being badly sarcastic and you not getting it as easily as it could be him being crass and inappropriate. You don’t know.

Granting him the benefit of the doubt, I still think it’s bad form to communicate like this to a stranger that you don’t know. My initial communications with models are primarily to establish and build trust.  Trust is a necessary component for a good shoot and if that is lacking then it makes no sense to shoot.

Was this the only instance of this kind of comment? I don’t want to play “blame the victimâ€? but if it’s one instance and the OP runs to the board looking to get people riled up over something that should not have been said would sway me toward hyper-sensitivity model than over the top boorish behavior by the photographer.

To the lynch mob; slow your roll. Let’s not be so quick to rush to judgment that  this guy as a bad apple if this is just a case of bad judgment in word choice with photographer feeling more familiar and comfortable with a model and him saying something that he should not have said in the first place.

Jun 05 06 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

I usually tell a model that I'm enjoying another model's photos and they get jealous and tell me to use theirs.

yikes

no, I'm just kidding!! serious!!

Gimme a break, it's Monday!

Jun 05 06 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. 

Wait, does anyone still use that expression anymore??

Jun 05 06 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Sinsazia wrote:

Sorry to hear that.  I like your images.  Very nice.  I was  super horny last night  and  getting into the sensual images. And you?

END QUOTE

Weelllllll...that's almost kind of vague.

Jun 05 06 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

Mickle Design Werks wrote:
To the lynch mob; slow your roll. Let’s not be so quick to rush to judgment.....

But the lynch mob is precisely the reason so many of us get a fresh cup and pull up a chair to watch it all play out.
Like the proverbial train wreck.

Jun 05 06 01:06 pm Link

Model

Mockingbird Girl

New York, New York, US

Iona Lynn wrote:

You should buy one (or two or three) of Melvin's books.  That way you can have his images with you where ever you are!

*(my little secret)

Jun 05 06 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

Gems of Nature in N Atl

North Atlanta, Georgia, US

Don't be flattered, Iona NEVER has lonely nights...

Jun 05 06 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Tanya Dakin wrote:
You know i always asume that the chances of a photographer later going through the images as a private collection and getting off to them are probably likely, But shit I don't wanna know about it, Not if you wanna work together again in the futer, it just crosses the line between two people in a professional relationship. and makes things Weird!

You all think we're such perverts!!!
I can't tell you how many times a model has been turned on by me shooting them sexy or nude....
It's a two way street.

Jun 05 06 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

To the lynch mob; slow your roll. Let’s not be so quick to rush to judgment that  this guy as a bad apple if this is just a case of bad judgment in word choice with photographer feeling more familiar and comfortable with a model and him saying something that he should not have said in the first place.

I think the lynch mob went for a late lunch when the "official story" changed for the third time.

Jun 05 06 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Gems of Nature in N Atl

North Atlanta, Georgia, US

OK, here we go, move over Melvin and Collin...

Jun 05 06 01:10 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Mohr

Chicago, Illinois, US

Sinsazia wrote:

Kaitlin Lara wrote:
Like to know about my cock?
End Quote

Very unprofessional. Why did you work with him again??

Jun 05 06 01:10 pm Link

Model

CarolineVictoria

Beverly Hills, California, US

Sinsazia wrote:
then telling the model about it.  Does this creep you out too?

I feel so...dirty.

Totally inappropriate!!!!!!  It's one thing if he gets off in private but absolutely WRONG to discuss it with you.

Jun 05 06 01:11 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

One of the problems with IM and e-mail is that you do not get the intonation of the message.  This is especially true if this is between people that barely know each other or only communicate through IM. Electronic communications has a way of letting personal mores down and people feel that they can be less guarded and familiar with complete strangers since there is a barrier that protects them.  The “Like to know about my cock?â€? could simply be him being badly sarcastic and you not getting it as easily as it could be him being crass and inappropriate. You don’t know.

Granting him the benefit of the doubt, I still think it’s bad form to communicate like this to a stranger that you don’t know. My initial communications with models are primarily to establish and build trust.  Trust is a necessary component for a good shoot and if that is lacking then it makes no sense to shoot.

Was this the only instance of this kind of comment? I don’t want to play “blame the victimâ€? but if it’s one instance and the OP runs to the board looking to get people riled up over something that should not have been said would sway me toward hyper-sensitivity model than over the top boorish behavior by the photographer.

First instance yes.  Last instance I'm sure not.  It happens, I know this.  As I said before, do whatever gets you your kicks but spare me the details. 

And, if I was really trying to start the drama boat, I would have publicly told everyone who this person is.

I just wanted other's opinions on whether or not it creeped them out.

Jun 05 06 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

Collin J. Rae

Winchester, Virginia, US

Jeff Marsh wrote:

*makes room on couch* ....Care for a poptart?

Jun 05 06 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

vanWingo

Lawrenceville, Georgia, US

Iona Lynn wrote:

your evil Olaf ....... wink  the were full length images I saw all of him. God it was strange when I saw him in person I just thought "oh I know this guy, but where from and smiled" Then it hit me why I recogized him......

Damn shame you didn't have the pictures with you.

Jun 05 06 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Kaitlin Lara wrote:
Unless it was someone that I had already expressed an interest in and who I had a relationship outside of just photographer/model with...uh...yeah. That's pretty messed up. You need to tell us more about this situation...this sounds like it may be something you really need to tell the mods about.

I don't think this is a mod issue.  It was tasteless.  Perhaps he was testing waters to see if she might get excited and be into him.  very naughty flirtation.  Crossed some boundries that one should avoid.  I think if she is still interested in working with this person, she needs to either write it off an incident that'll remember to not repeat or she'll need to talk to him and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Jun 05 06 01:16 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Rich Mohr wrote:

Sinsazia wrote:

Kaitlin Lara wrote:
Like to know about my cock?
End Quote

Very unprofessional. Why did you work with him again??

again, i never worked with him.

Photographer

Chris Macan

Jeff Marsh wrote:

Collin J. Rae wrote:

OK... Move it along,
Nothing to see here....

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Collin J. Rae wrote:

Poptart?  Oh geez.

What flavor?

Jun 05 06 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Sinsazia wrote:

No.  Fun, light banter.  I then told him he was at an advantage over me knowing what I look like and this was his response:

True.  Unfortunately I don't have any pics of me on the computer as I am almost always behind the camera.  I am 5' 6" slim and toned.  Late 40's.  Salt and pepper hair.  Trimmed beard.  Greenish eyes.  Like to know about my cock?
End Quote

yikes

I'm done here.  That there set the tone.  Your response to that message would have either killed it or encouraged it.  Unless you chose not to responsed, you've already handled this issue.

Jun 05 06 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Sinsazia wrote:

End Quote

Tell him: "I am not into chicken farming as a new member of PeTA.

Because of our differing philosophies... please don't contact me ever again."

Don't bother the moderators for one single inappropriate message, you are an adult and should be able to handle yourself.

If he starts to harrass you, continue the emails, etc... THEN you contact the moderators!

Jun 05 06 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

we all know the way into a girl's panties is to talk about your weenie.

Jun 05 06 01:20 pm Link