Forums > General Industry > Why was my daughter banned???

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

What kind of mother puts the picture of her 11yo daughter on an internet site meant mostly for 'glamour' exposure???!!!!

Jul 16 05 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

alexwh

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Louis, this article on competitive twirling in the US (in today's NY Times) may answer your question.Some of the twirlers are 5.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/16/natio … oref=login

Jul 16 05 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Blanchard

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

She created an account and said she was a photographer to shop her daughters images around?

I don't think its right that some people who are not good photographers, are allowed to post their god awful images next to us photographers who slave away daily to make a profit. It's like letting those webcam images be displayed next to some of our hard working models. i think it cheapens this site.

did you see those images of her daughter? the daughter is pretty, but the images are horrible. for the love of god people, someone take this girls picture and do it right.

Jul 16 05 11:37 pm Link

Model

Samantha Smead

Clive, Iowa, US

I love arguements online with ignorance.

Jul 16 05 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

xeena08

Thief River Falls, Minnesota, US

Posted by Blanchard: 
She created an account and said she was a photographer to shop her daughters images around?

I don't think its right that some people who are not good photographers, are allowed to post their god awful images next to us photographers who slave away daily to make a profit. It's like letting those webcam images be displayed next to some of our hard working models. i think it cheapens this site.

did you see those images of her daughter? the daughter is pretty, but the images are horrible. for the love of god people, someone take this girls picture and do it right.

You know, why don't you come and do it with you aweful big mouth!! What makes you so special to put me down??? I'm done, I'll delete my account. You are right, my pictures are god aweful!!

Jul 17 05 12:37 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

xeena08,
Having only read the first few responses and not feeling the need to read the whole thread, the question becomes; "Why is someone this age seeking this profession through the Internet?"

Internet modeling is a "cottage industry" not very suitable to those under the age of 18.  About the only useful purpose one would have for pushing someone into "modeling" at such a young age through the Internet is for gaining a method to get free pictures through TFP. 

There is very little opportunity for actual client work and the notion it becomes "practice" for the real world of modeling is silly.  The methods and practices are entirely different.

Your best approach is to forget about the Internet and start submitting pictures to agencies.

Jul 17 05 09:08 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Posted by xeena08: 

Posted by Blanchard: 

You know, why don't you come and do it with you aweful big mouth!! What makes you so special to put me down??? I'm done, I'll delete my account. You are right, my pictures are god aweful!!

Blanchard & area you know kids do model for a living and who are you to pass judgment on why she has her kids photos online and her photography skills. That response was not professional and cost MM a member.

Jul 17 05 09:53 am Link

Photographer

studiomona

Posted by xeena08: 

Posted by Blanchard: 

You're from Minnesota, I'm from Minnesota. Xeena, I would love to take pics of your daughter for TFCD. If you feel my photography is something that will help your daughter get a start, let me know. Send me a message and I will send you my model release form and my terms for a TFCD shoot:)

-mona-
somebody from Mankato:)

Jul 17 05 11:06 am Link

Photographer

area291

Posted by studiomona: 
...Xeena, I would love to take pics of your daughter for TFCD. If you feel my photography is something that will help your daughter get a start, let me know...

See?  Free pictures!  All the free pictures in the world won't help get you started as the question becomes, "get started for what?"

The true "starting point" and what needs to be answered is whether the time and effort is worth it.  That is determined by sending in some snapshots to local agencies.  Ones that will actually verify continuing on as being viable beyond just interested parties shooting TFP, or Time For Pretending.

Jul 17 05 11:35 am Link

Photographer

studiomona

Posted by area291: 

Posted by studiomona: 
...Xeena, I would love to take pics of your daughter for TFCD. If you feel my photography is something that will help your daughter get a start, let me know...

See?  Free pictures!  All the free pictures in the world won't help get you started as the question becomes, "get started for what?"

The true "starting point" and what needs to be answered is whether the time and effort is worth it.  That is determined by sending in some snapshots to local agencies.  Ones that will actually verify continuing on as being viable beyond just interested parties shooting TFP, or Time For Pretending.

I would think she'd like her 11 yr old to start landing print ad/catalog work like the Target kids or something like that. One model I shot with goes to open calls and such. If one aspires to get somewhere, one must do own leg work LOL.

Jul 17 05 11:52 am Link

Photographer

area291

And you are suggesting TFP is the proper legwork for determining whether this would be a worthwhile activity for an 11 year old?

Jul 17 05 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Hate to dredge up this thread again but this sort of relates.  Take a look at model port #19696, Angelgirl66.  The age listed is 16 but I swear she looks 12 to 13.

The problem with validating ages is probably a good reason to not have a minimum.

Paul

Jul 19 05 07:46 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Posted by Paul Ferrara: 
Hate to dredge up this thread again but this sort of relates.  Take a look at model port #19696, Angelgirl66.  The age listed is 16 but I swear she looks 12 to 13.

The problem with validating ages is probably a good reason to not have a minimum.

Paul

Are you kidding me?  I think we need to check your age.
So you do not want to dredge up this piece of human waste.   You see the foolishness in it all but you cannot help yourself.
I think maybe it is time to check your age.   And have you not read that you are supposed to tell Tyler or Theda about things like this.
So if she is real then you just made her feel like poop. 

I think we need a minimum intelligence level test to join.
Time to cage the humans.
I am going back to my vacation.   (ssheesz,  really now,  they need an intelligence test and did see that avatar---Yiks)

Jul 19 05 08:15 am Link

Photographer

studiomona

Posted by area291: 
And you are suggesting TFP is the proper legwork for determining whether this would be a worthwhile activity for an 11 year old?

To be honest, I personally don't know that many 11 year olds wanting to become a model. I am merely offering my photography to a fellow Minnesotan.If I had my way, I would rather see this young lady concentrate on her studies, but she can do both. It's all a matter of setting one's priorities and being sensible about things. I just hope she gets to enjoy her childhood too.

Jul 19 05 08:25 am Link

Photographer

studiomona

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

Time to cage the humans.

Uh oh.... tongue half of the MM population will be wiped out then hahaha kidding guys and dolls:)

Jul 19 05 08:29 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

Posted by studiomona: 

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

Time to cage the humans.

Uh oh.... tongue half of the MM population will be wiped out then hahaha kidding guys and dolls:)

Well,  make the retards pay extra then.

Jul 19 05 08:32 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Nevermind

Jul 19 05 08:33 am Link

Photographer

studiomona

Jul 19 05 09:00 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US