Forums > General Industry > Goth Modeling

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Wynd Mulysa wrote:
Just because people wear black clothing there doesn't mean it's Goth!

Durn tootin'!

I've been wearing all black (with the occasional light black [gray]or very light black [white]) since the early 1970s, and, as much as I enjoy photographing goth styles, I'm not particulary goth.

May 27 06 01:33 am Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

May 27 06 02:18 am Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Ken Mierzwa wrote:
I still have my original tee-shirt from the March 1981 Bauhaus show).

I was a tad shocked to hear that they'll be doing shows with NIN this year. Not sure if it's more an indication of neo-Bauhausism or just of Reznor getting old...

May 27 06 02:23 am Link

Model

Meum Corculum

Medford, Oregon, US

Thanks to some comments. I now feel really dumb for even asking this question. I don't know much about particular modeling genres/industries. I am very new to modeling and still learning. I thought asking questions would help but I seem to be getting a lot of sarcastic replies and people are sorta making fun.

Maybe I am taking it all wrong but why should I ask questions if this what I am going to get?

May 27 06 05:37 am Link

Model

ash smith

London, England, United Kingdom

pixiedust0330 wrote:
How do you get into the Goth/Alternative modeling industry?

Sorry if this sounds dumb but I was just curiuos.

i would love to do some cool goth shots too!! i am so glad you asked... its hard for a girl to break out of a mold!

May 27 06 05:44 am Link

Model

khiria

Prague, Prague, Czech Republic

Gothic industry is the cultur:)) There is no place for all girl. i don´t understandt what you have interest about it...

May 27 06 10:47 am Link

Photographer

Paul Callaby UK

Norwich, England, United Kingdom

Ashley Belle wrote:

i would love to do some cool goth shots too!! i am so glad you asked... its hard for a girl to break out of a mold!

Molds are made to be broke......come over to the UK

May 27 06 10:52 am Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

I think that the Goth lifestyle (culture) has been around for a long time.  Perhaps as far back as the Victorian age.  From the outside, it seems dark and mysterious.  I know very little about Goth, but the people I meet that are associated with it are far from being dark with respect to their personalities.  They are usually quite, but very creative and accepting of alternative ideas.  I don't know if there is really a clear line of demarcation between Goth, punk, fetish, and other alternative cultures.  What I like about Goth style imagery is that it is very different from contemporary work.  If you want to get into Goth modeling, is it because you want to be like a particular group of people? - Or do you want to do something outlandishly different from everyone else?  I suspect that the first people who got into modern-day Goth a couple decades ago did it more for the reasons of creating their own unique style and culture.  There are probably a lot of people out there that the average person would describe as "kind of Goth" because they dress in non-contemporary black clothing, but are not considered Goth by the purists of that culture.

May 27 06 11:49 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

area291 wrote:
Would someone please define "Goth" modeling.

http://www.goth.net/goth.html

A goth model is someone who models, but primarily in the mode(s) of dress the subculture fancies.  Related terms: alternative modelling, fetish modelling, non-mainstream.

May 28 06 12:11 am Link