Forums > General Industry > Top10 Reasons why "Americas Next Top Model"is fake

Model

Yasmineamali

San Francisco, California, US

horsewoman wrote:
When a girl gets booted off, shes so nice and calm about it, in reality, one of them at least would of told them "f... you, you will one day see your huge mistake you B....... " in a regected rage.

Lucy.

And surely one of them would of decked Janice!

LoL SO true
so true ...

May 25 06 02:14 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

horsewoman wrote:
When a girl gets booted off, shes so nice and calm about it, in reality, one of them at least would of told them "f... you, you will one day see your huge mistake you B....... " in a regected rage.

Lucy.

And surely one of them would of decked Janice!

Well stated with respect to both points !

May 25 06 02:08 pm Link

Model

JH

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Audra Isadora wrote:
how does cutting a girl's hair put her at a disadvantage?
neima won...

naima also hasn't done anything of any substance since.... :-)

May 25 06 02:21 pm Link

Model

Christina Ilise

Saint Albans, New York, US

valmontte wrote:
So, not that I've read all the threads, but have any of you actually been on a huge production in NYC where there are film crews zipping through photo shoots?  If not, I have... specificly (and most relavant to this thread) I have been a photo assistant to James Russell as he was shooting for Heidi Klum's German version of ANTM.  And let me tell you its not fake at all.  Regardless of the circumstance in how the girls were chosen and whatever "drama" they face in their quarters during the show, these girls are out there, working and freezing thier asses off (in this case it was on a Brooklyn pier in late November) while about 40+ people look on.  There are DP's, PAs, MUAs, Stylists, Producers, etc., etc. looking on, sometimes giving direction, all the while they (the models) have to focus and become relaxed and build a relationship with the photographer for the brief 7-15 minutes they appear in front of his lens before they are too cold to do anythign but shiver (seeing as how they are wearing next to nothing.) Oh, and did I mention the tourists too? Yeah.

So, whatever your opinions, show some respect.  ANY model, no matter her age or whether she has a the body shape for runway or only for product promotions in front of Wal-Mart deserves as much respect as the rest.  Regardless of what you think of Ms. Banks, she is doing a service to the girls on her show no matter what personal gain she gets from it.  Without her those 10 girls wouldn't have had their opportunity to make it big.  We're all trying to pursue a dream; whether you are in NYC, LA, Milan, or in Backwater, Kansas, do that, and let other people do it too.  If you don't like the show, don't watch it.  Or, instead watch it only for the photo shoot scenes and learn something.  1st episode of the 1st season, I wasin college still and I saw Douglas Bizzaro and Elizabeth Moss shooting, and you know what, I've worked with them now!  So... it's not your place to be a critic to the efforts and work of others.

You make a great point. It's easy to criticize when you're just sitting home watching the show. Regardless of what we feel about the show, the girls on it a re getting a great opportunity. Unfortunately none of them have actually become top models though. I guess only time will tell.

May 25 06 08:21 pm Link

Model

Christina Ilise

JH wrote:

naima also hasn't done anything of any substance since.... :-)

I don't think that necessarily has to do with her cutting her hair. Alec and Ajuma both have short hair and get plenty of work. But really, none of the winners have gone on to do really big things. I'm not hating because they are all doing more than I, but I just expected the girls to really explode after winning.

May 25 06 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

So, whatever your opinions, show some respect.  .......

You make a great point. It's easy to criticize when you're just sitting home watching the show. Regardless of what we feel about the show, the girls on it a re getting a great opportunity. Unfortunately none of them have actually become top models though. I guess only time will tell.

Sorry , a great oppoturnity for what - having their lives put under a microscope and being disected by suburban America ( as one of my professional model friends stated to be recently ......)

May 25 06 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

We have a version of ANTM starting next week here in Canada - of course it is called Canadas Next Top model  and it looks to be the inbred clone of its American counterpart

Anyway  a couple of mos ago when they were casting for the show  - I asked one of my aspiring model friends if she would be applying . Her response intrigued me , and  it basically was - even if she made the final - there was a 90 percent chance she would lose .She felt her odds were better taking her career into her own hands

May 25 06 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

So, whatever your opinions, show some respect ...

My model friend added - why would I want to be made ( edited )into a 2 dimentisonal character for the sake of amusing the tv audience

May 25 06 09:38 pm Link

Model

Christina Ilise

Garry k wrote:

Sorry , a great oppoturnity for what - having their lives put under a microscope adn being disected by suburban America ( as one of my professional model friends stated to be recently ......)

I'm just saying that as aspiring models they do learn some things about the modeling industry from people who actually work in it. And some of them go on to be signed by agencies or get further work. Some of them are from small towns and may not have had the opportunity to do that on their own. They have all seen reality shows so they should know what they are getting into when signing up. Clearly they thought that a chance to succeed in modeling was worth being scrutinized by the American public.

May 25 06 09:49 pm Link