Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Warning for Makeup Artists and Stylists

Makeup Artist

Andrea L. Dow

Costa Mesa, California, US

Well, I am not sure the protocol here and I dont want to over step any boundaries, but I have just found a person on MM who I have worked with in the past, and I wanted to make sure that no other mua/hair stylists were subjected to their unprofessionalism.  Someone let me know how I should handle this situation...ie. telling the story but not the name, only letting people know who message me directly, or how it should be done. 
What I know so far is that this person has screwed at least 3 mua's that I have heard from directly and a number of other people that I have heard about second hand, and I have experienced it on a first hand basis as well so I know the MO exactly.  I just know how this person operates and I would like to save any one else from having to deal with it first hand.  So all that babbling out of the way, let me know how I should proceed.

Thanks.

May 19 06 11:54 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

hmmm well tecnically you should report them to the monitors,

but if you dont care if you get a nasty e-mail from this" bad person" then you should post who they are. Saving others from bad people is a good thing.

Myself I have been screwed over a couple of times.So I would want to know who it is so i can avoid them.

So its a good thing to share your story, but be tact full and if you want to tell the story but not mention names call him "joe" then people can e-mail you and ask what the persons name is and you can tell them personally.

But I would start off by telling the monitors who and what he has done to you and to others. They might beable to bump him off of this site smile

But thats just my 2cents smile

May 19 06 12:02 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Andrea L. Dow

Thank you Mandy...I am not sure its a moderator worthy offense.  No improper touching or anything like that.  Just more of the not getting promised images, not getting responses to calls and emails after the job, and bad conditions, ie cramped space, no lighting, more models and less help then promised, and just a general disrespect for people that are helping out.  I used to see posts for this person on CL all the time but people finally started warning there, and like I said, I just found this person here and don't want them to taint MM with their fake promises.  Those are the general complaints.  So do I tell a mod that?

May 19 06 12:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

El Centro, California, US

I would post their MM# and try to prevent anyone else from getting scammed by this person.

May 19 06 07:10 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

I would post over at www.makeupartistchat.com   there are a lot more artists there and warnings to other artists are always welcome

May 19 06 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

It's not me is it smile

Star

May 19 06 11:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

I wanna know, I wanna know .......I wanna know......

May 19 06 11:29 pm Link

Photographer

northern clicker

Anchorage, Alaska, US

i don't wanna know who screwed who... their sex life is none of my business...

May 20 06 01:10 am Link

Makeup Artist

Susan Verdugo

email me directly with it... i'm sitting on a couple 'nuggets' of my own... 

despite my years at this, i've got a rock solid memory and while i forgive- not only do I not forget, but I make point of doing the same (saving others from head scratching).

i'll just say that one stripper turned 'photographer' has blown it for the next 'clicker' and i'm more of a hardass when things smell 'off'.  sound familiar?  when a photographer laments to me that "they've" had "problems" with other MUAs - I am quick to remember that there's always two sides to a 'story' (insert tiny violin, here). 

-Nasus
that's right-assbackwardswithakeeneyefixedbutstillsmiling

May 21 06 01:47 am Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

Susan Verdugo wrote:
(insert https://www.fortnonsense.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/hvy_violin.gif, here).

May 21 06 01:58 am Link

Makeup Artist

Susan Verdugo

Oh, Ms. Pazza...bringing it and in TUNE no less lol

loveloveloveit!!!

-Susan
yup!  that set me straight  lol

May 21 06 03:21 am Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

Susan Verdugo wrote:
Oh, Ms. Pazza...bringing it and in TUNE no less lol

loveloveloveit!!!

-Susan
yup!  that set me straight  lol

lol ^_^

Love your bumper stickers

May 21 06 03:37 am Link

Makeup Artist

Susan Verdugo

Pazza_x_Trucco wrote:
lol ^_^

Love your bumper stickers

Thanks, will be making another run. 

In fact, you (all y'all, actually) are welcome to tag me with your favorite 5 and from there I'll be determining which to have done.

Thx, again!

-S

May 21 06 06:29 am Link

Makeup Artist

Susan Verdugo

More to that (and sorry for semi-hijacking the thread)

Tell me where best to ultimately make them available (i.e. which forum)  -here, 'entre nous' or...???

ok!  slipping into a coma, now.

-S

May 21 06 06:32 am Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

The moderators have already told her she cannot post the name here as that is public libel, which we cannot allow. However, posting at the other site mentioned, or relaying her personal experiences to people who e-mail her directly is not something the moderators are responsible for.

Being flaky is not a bannable offense, and moderators are not responsible for the interactions of members in private...we do not micromanage or dictate that. So if she wants to tell you, ask her in private. We have no control over that.

May 21 06 08:00 am Link

Photographer

Jack North

Benicia, California, US

~Krista~ wrote:
ask her in private. We have no control over that.

not yet, you don't

May 21 06 09:03 am Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

Its not illegal to tell your story, its done all the time in all the media outlets, People have unsuccessfully tried to sue for these message board issues for years and lost....Its illegal to lie about a story or make one up, its not illegal to tell your true story in public.

thats not libel.  We've made it it a point over at makeupartistchat.com to know and understand the laws regarding message boards, we've had that site for many years and not once have we even received even a letter from a real attorney.  Most attorneys are smarter then to take on this issue, they will lose.  Dont get me wrong, we have had plenty of threats, not one follow through because I assume the attorney sets the disgruntled party straight

May 21 06 10:17 am Link

Makeup Artist

Susan Verdugo

Mary gives me the liberty to start off the day with a resounding "neener-neener"

May 21 06 11:07 am Link

Makeup Artist

Alfred Mercado

Girls tell who ?
Alfred:)

May 21 06 11:15 am Link

Makeup Artist

Andrea L. Dow

Thank you for the suggestions.  As they said I am not allowed to post the name here so I will be handling it as Mary suggested.  Good luck to everyone.

May 21 06 01:41 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Susan Verdugo

but CLUES are legal, right?!  LOL

hint:  it's what we seek under a big tree on a hot day -- only this (L)USER puts a tired accent on it. 

i can say it's a biatch who has exhausted her welcome on Craigslist (and she knows it) due to perpetual freebie trolling, and will soon do the same here.

i can say EMAIL ME AND/OR ANDREA and we'll concur; AVOID AT ALL COSTS

i can say she'll always be a wannabe only capable of reaping what she sows

i can say Karma is Queen!!

i can say (again) neener-neener / i spy a user with BOTH eyes!!

here's to only lending caliber talent to caliber talent!!

i'm gonna slip into a coma now...cuz tomorrow is another day to shop til you drop
(winky wink)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmuah!!

-S

May 22 06 02:52 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

Oh - my - god- people- either spit it out or shut up. I'm so confused by this thread that I'm thinking of jamming an I.D. of brush cleaner through my viens. Who did what ? and what is this neener neener? Just narc on the idiot if you want to, but please stop using devinci code- I'm feeling all stupid now. I'm doing tfp in this zip code- just name names already!!

May 22 06 04:51 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

Susan Verdugo wrote:
but CLUES are legal, right?!  LOL

hint:  it's what we seek under a big tree on a hot day -- only this (L)USER puts a tired accent on it. 

i can say it's a biatch who has exhausted her welcome on Craigslist (and she knows it) due to perpetual freebie trolling, and will soon do the same here.

i can say EMAIL ME AND/OR ANDREA and we'll concur; AVOID AT ALL COSTS

i can say she'll always be a wannabe only capable of reaping what she sows

i can say Karma is Queen!!

i can say (again) neener-neener / i spy a user with BOTH eyes!!

here's to only lending caliber talent to caliber talent!!

i'm gonna slip into a coma now...cuz tomorrow is another day to shop til you drop
(winky wink)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmuah!!

-S

Seriously- I can do a NY Times sunday crossword in 45 minutes and your "clues" are killing me. Is this an inside joke? Do I have to know this person to get it?

May 22 06 05:03 am Link

Makeup Artist

KatAragon

FAIRFAX STATION, Virginia, US

Ok guys, just go to Emelle's fourm. She already posted the girls name. lol.
http://p082.ezboard.com/fmakeupandrelat … 8946.topic

May 22 06 07:56 am Link

Makeup Artist

Face 2 face

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I hate that, I have been on that bad end-and it makes the industry look bad!
go with your heart-It's good to know, so the abuse can stop. It's expensive as well F2f

May 22 06 10:24 am Link