Forums > General Industry > Hispanic Models

Photographer

Malameel

Dallas, Texas, US

Hello,
I tend to shoot hispanic models, but it is difficult to find such models.  Though there are some here, their percentage is small, at least when I search in Texas which has a huge Hispanic population.

(Please do not make this a MM issue or a political issue, I already have a headache.)

Any suggestions where else to look?

Thanks
Mark

May 15 06 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

DFWlens

Dallas, Texas, US

The biggest turnout I ever saw for TX photographers was when one announced that he was looking for models for a tearsheet in El Sol de Texas. When you read the details it was clear that he HADNT had a tearsheet there but that he would be submitting his TFP shots there until he got published.

The latinas rained from el cielo for that one. Pretty clever. If he was able to do justice for any of the models that responded, hes probably been published there
by now.

I would suggest that you actually be familiar with El Sol before you try that one.

May 17 06 01:23 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

The Bronx.

EDIT: FYI, I'm a hispanic model. wink wink.

May 17 06 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Images by Christopher

Miami, Arizona, US

ummmm....Miami! By the way I admire your talent. smile

May 17 06 01:31 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Hate to be the bad one..but what does hispanic look like??

Oh and many of the Hispanic and AA models put other *shrugs*

May 17 06 04:29 pm Link

Model

Amanda Padilla

New York, New York, US

I am Hispanic smile
Yeah Miami has a lot if hispanic models, I would also think TX where u are at.  Have you try the browse on the site to find any
?

May 17 06 04:35 pm Link

Model

_ALMUR_

San Francisco, California, US

MMer Alex Davenport is half i think, and she's waaaaay sexy. check her out...

May 17 06 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Try one of the area  Spanish newspapers.  Advertising won't cost much and I
kinda assume you speak Spanish.  Most of the models that will actually
show for shoots aren't going to be on MM.

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

I am Spaniard but I also do not live in Texas

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

I get tons of TFP, test and paid shoots when I’m either in the Laredo, Corpus Cristi or in Las Cruces NM area (I mean tons) and all Hispanic M/F models.

I'd be more than happy to forward emails and requests in your direction in the future.

I just assumed since I got so many requests that it was due to a lack of good shooter talent in those areas.

Mark S. Alameel wrote:
I tend to shoot Hispanic models,

I thought that's what the Civilian Militia and National Guard did?... wink
::sorry, couldn't resist::big_smile

May 17 06 05:03 pm Link

Model

Thiago Emiliano

Miami, Florida, US

come shoot me!!! lol

Although I don't really classify myself as "hispanic", I think Latin might be close enough to what ur looking for. hehe

May 17 06 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

Malameel

Dallas, Texas, US

I am happy with getting so many replies to my post, to bad only a few of you actually read my entire post.  (Of course those that did contributed well.)

Sure, I can search all over the world with MM and get tons of Hispanics, but I find it difficult when I try to narrow down the search radius to a single city, like Dallas, which has a huge Hispanic population but little representation on MM.

(I am not complaining about MM, just looking for other places to try…) 

I have been avoiding paying for local advertising which gets every wanna be to apply (like every internet wanna be model but at least here I can see if their work is somewhat professional.)  This is why I had hoped websites like this would help.  Sure this place a basically a themed "My Space" but still I hope to find some.  (Of course then is the I am the internet supermodel needing superpay, but I will be super late and a super pain in the …)

I guess I will just have to advertise.
Mark

May 17 06 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

I married one. Yes, I know, not helpful, but I can sympathize.

May 17 06 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

Malameel

Dallas, Texas, US

Chris Ambler wrote:
I married one. Yes, I know, not helpful, but I can sympathize.

LOL!  It was helpful cause I did smile when I saw your post and knowing you sympathize mean you also are having issues finding.. another special someone!  At least you didn't say you married the only one!
Mark

May 18 06 10:14 am Link

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

I'm from el paso, tx and I can say that's its at least 89% hispanic here.  By the way I'm hispanic too, hint hint..

May 19 06 03:33 am Link

Model

Rosa Linda

Miami, Florida, US

Well here I am but I am in Miami! : (

May 19 06 02:04 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

Electra T wrote:
what does hispanic look like??

Oh, you know, blue hair, one eye larger than the other, hand tattoos. tongue

May 19 06 02:28 pm Link

Model

jaiber

Mamaroneck, New York, US

im here since 2000 but im from Colombia
take a look at my port

May 19 06 02:44 pm Link

Model

jaiber

Mamaroneck, New York, US

im here since 2000 but im from Colombia
take a look at my port and let me know what u think!!!!!!
john

May 19 06 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

ERNIE CHAN

Houston, Texas, US

I am based in Houston-I do not have problems with working with Hispanic female models-they contact me by referals from other models who have work with me or by viewing my work on different sites-if you produce good creative photos-they will contact you-believe -Mexican, Central American, and South American models-they will search you out. The model on my present avatar-contacted me because she liked my edgy style.

May 19 06 02:58 pm Link

Model

Alex Davenport

Spokane, Missouri, US

Thanks for the shout out, Alexandria. Yes, I am Hispanic but I am in Spokane, WA which is white white white..... but I just wanted to say that the fact someone asked what a Hispanic looks like really cracked me up!! smile

May 19 06 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

Malameel

Dallas, Texas, US

So I guess no suggestions for Modeling websites that have a larger Hispanic presences?

May 24 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Chuck Holliday

New York, New York, US

city wise, miami is a good look, because theyre more inspired. NYC obviously has a large presence, but its too far from where youre at and theyre not as motivated as the florida girls are.

i'm in the process of creating a website devoted to only latina models on the east coast, i'm still finishing things although i've had quite a few no-shows in NY so i'm going down to florida to finish up shooting. i value the latina modeling scene as one of the most unappreciated in the country.

best of luck and hope everything works out!

C

May 24 06 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

Malameel

Dallas, Texas, US

Sadly, when I travel I have better luck finding models, maybe because here I am always avialable, but when I travel I seem more in demand, but then my work is less since I cannot carry my studio with me.  Ahhh, the irony. 
M

May 26 06 09:54 am Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Kitapanda wrote:

Oh, you know, blue hair, one eye larger than the other, hand tattoos. tongue

I thought those were Canadians.

May 26 06 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

Malameel

Dallas, Texas, US

¿Donde Esta?

Aug 02 06 12:06 am Link

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

down in the border cities is where you'll find all of them

Aug 02 06 02:51 am Link

Model

_Cinnamon_

Electra T wrote:
Oh and many of the Hispanic and AA models put other *shrugs*

That's a good call Electra. A lot of ethnic (latino and otherwise) models list themselves as other so it's worth searching under.

Aug 02 06 02:59 am Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I am half Hispanic myself, but the only Hispanic model I've been able to work with was in Miami. She happens to be one of the best I've been lucky enough to work with, too. By some odd circumstance, being in Denver, I haven't collabortated with any others yet....not that I haven't been looking. I actually need a lot more diversity in my port, but I can only work with the ones that say yes.

Aug 02 06 04:17 am Link

Photographer

MannyDesalamanca

Orlando, Florida, US

By Hispanic, are you considering Mexican Girls.....Those should be available in Texas ?

Manny D.

Aug 02 06 04:20 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Mark S. Alameel wrote:
I tend to shoot hispanic models, but it is difficult to find such models.  . . .

It's a problem everywhere.  Hispanics in general (like Asians) tend not to self-select as models.  It's true not only on this site but other similar sites, and for agencies as well.  Finding good, qualified Hispanics and Asians in sufficient numbers is difficult.

As a group, Caucasians tend to self-select (apply to or list themselves) as models roughly in the same proportion of the general population.  African-Americans tend to self-select at considerably higher rates; Hispanics at about half of that rate, and Asians (particularly older Asians) at much less than half.

Aug 02 06 08:56 am Link

Model

Jocelyn Fe

Athens, Georgia, US

I am a hispanic model

Aug 02 06 08:57 am Link

Model

Ximena Barreto

Monterey, California, US

Mark S. Alameel wrote:
Hello,
I tend to shoot hispanic models, but it is difficult to find such models.  Though there are some here, their percentage is small, at least when I search in Texas which has a huge Hispanic population.

(Please do not make this a MM issue or a political issue, I already have a headache.)

Thanks
Mark

Did you look In VIRGINIA!?!?!  I'm hispanic!!!!!   Ok, seriously though, there are a small handful of us here, more asian, black, and some lighter black girls who could pass for hispanic....

I'm sure if you go to Dallas or Houston or El Paso and go to a brick and mortar talent agency (acting.modeling) they will have a pool of people to choose from...

Aug 02 06 05:06 pm Link

Photographer

AZELESSAR

remember hispanic is everybody in between the parameters of cameron diaz to say...sammy sosa.

Aug 02 06 05:11 pm Link

Model

Ximena Barreto

Monterey, California, US

azelessar wrote:
remember hispanic is everybody in between the parameters of cameron diaz to say...sammy sosa.

True!

If you asked Sammy what race he was he'd answer "Caribbean!"

Aug 02 06 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

AZELESSAR

but would sammy model? THAT'S  the real question!!! lol
i'll be honest when i saw the response of some of the models as being "hispanic"...i was a bit surprised myself and i see it ALL in AZ...maybe LATINA is a more accurate description..i'm not trying to open a too easily opened can-o-worms here - i'm clarifying.

Aug 02 06 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

Joshua Cruey

Lake Mary, Florida, US

126 models in texas on MM

Aug 02 06 05:22 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Mark S. Alameel wrote:
Hello,

Thanks
Mark

You are having a hard time finding hispanic models in TX???  Whoa!  Perhaps its something in particular you seek from a model (particular body type, age, etc.)

Aug 02 06 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

Malameel

Dallas, Texas, US

Joshua Cruey wrote:
126 models in texas on MM

126?  And when you have a client that is looking for a particular look, that is a very small group to pick from.

Also, when you start looking in just dallas, that number drops allot.

One size does not fit all.  Too bad, I have allot of work I could be giving new models, but I have to give too my old talent because they are easier work with.  I just wish I could freshen up my pool of talent.

Personally, I hate dealing with agents because on top of raising prices, they get snobby and want to get in your buisness as if know anything about your client or your budget.  They usually do not even care about the model, just their cut.

Aug 02 06 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

Malameel

Dallas, Texas, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
You are having a hard time finding hispanic models in TX???  Whoa!  Perhaps its something in particular you seek from a model (particular body type, age, etc.)

Well of course, I have to please my clients as well.  If I didn't, I could use anybody, even nonhispanic, but that is the nature of advertising.

Aug 02 06 06:26 pm Link