Forums > General Industry > Hispanic Models

Photographer

Malameel

Dallas, Texas, US

_Cinnamon_ wrote:

That's a good call Electra. A lot of ethnic (latino and otherwise) models list themselves as other so it's worth searching under.

Unfortunetly, that is just silly, why hide so I cant find them?  Hisapnics is the fastest growing population is the US, that means there is more advertising work for them!

Aug 02 06 06:28 pm Link

Model

Ximena Barreto

Monterey, California, US

azelessar wrote:
but would sammy model? THAT'S  the real question!!! lol
i'll be honest when i saw the response of some of the models as being "hispanic"...i was a bit surprised myself and i see it ALL in AZ...maybe LATINA is a more accurate description..i'm not trying to open a too easily opened can-o-worms here - i'm clarifying.

Yeah, its confusing because my interpretation is that "hispanic" is more ethnic where as "latina" is more racial...but the best way to label if you must label is to use skin color and country of origin...like some european looking mexican would say "Caucasian Mejicana" etc. etc....

Another example I can be a Caucasian, Indigenous/Native American (mayan, incan, aztec), or African and still be "latina".

Aug 02 06 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Ximena Bright wrote:
Another example I can be a Caucasian, Indigenous/Native American (mayan, incan, aztec), or African and still be "latina".

An African showing up at a casting for Latinas wouldn't get past the front door.  These terms do have meaning (in terms of stereotypes, nobody cares about reality) in the industry.

Aug 02 06 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm casting for an 8 to 10 year old Hispanic girl on Friday at a casting company in Chicago. They tell me I will get to look at 1 new child every 4 minutes from 9:30 AM til 5:00 PM with a lunch break of 45 minutes. Thats a lot of kids.

Aug 02 06 07:28 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Mark S. Alameel wrote:

Unfortunetly, that is just silly, why hide so I cant find them?  Hisapnics is the fastest growing population is the US, that means there is more advertising work for them!

1. Because some multi-racial people don't want to be neglectful toward either side.

2. Because some "sistahs" and "mamis" don't want to be "held down" as just latino or black *eye roll*

3. if i missed something let me know.

Aug 02 06 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

How come its "an historic event" and not "an hispanic model"?

Aug 02 06 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

J Merrill Images

Harvey, Illinois, US

As of a few minutes ago  ....

113 female hispanic models on MM in Texas

711 female hispanic models on OMP in Texas
160 female hispanic models within a 50 mile radius of zip 77459 (Houston)
149 female hispanic models within a 50 mile radius of zip 75226 (Dallas)

Filter out the ones that are too young, have abandoned profiles, have sluggos attached, don't fit your needs, have silly expectations in regard to compensation or photo rights, are too far away, etc. and you still have a pretty fair number to consider.

BTW ... I found only 8 female hispanic models in Arkansas (OMP) and 19 in Louisiana .... I am jealous of Texas (be quiet BCG ... it's the only thing about Texas that I am jealous of, unless it is the supply of Afircan American, Asian, Caucasian and "other" models) so quit yer bitchin, dude!

Aug 02 06 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

oooooooooooooh

Batesville, Mississippi, US

Being a latino living in Miami and having lived in NYC and LA allow me to proudly say that the best looking latinas, and most open to tests. I love my latinas and the best part is that not only does Miami have the best looking ladies but they come in a great variety out here...Colombianas, Venezolanas, Ticas, Boricuas, Dominicos. We got em all out here and I thank God for it everytime I cruise the streets.

Aug 02 06 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

well

if you actually have a client looking for a specific hispanic look he can do one of two thins

A) he can pay to fly in hispanics into TX

N) or he can go to NY or LA, or Miami and get another photographer to shoot them there

Aug 02 06 11:03 pm Link

Model

Ximena Barreto

Monterey, California, US

TXPhotog wrote:

An African showing up at a casting for Latinas wouldn't get past the front door.  These terms do have meaning (in terms of stereotypes, nobody cares about reality) in the industry.

jejejeje...I know Colombians who are BLACK as AFRICA who don't consider themselves african-anything...they are Colombianas and Latinas first and foremost!!!

But I see your point....the ad agencys want to label everything into little nice packages...pun intended wink

Aug 02 06 11:17 pm Link

Model

Ximena Barreto

Monterey, California, US

Chili wrote:
well

if you actually have a client looking for a specific hispanic look he can do one of two thins

A) he can pay to fly in hispanics into TX

N) or he can go to NY or LA, or Miami and get another photographer to shoot them there

Ahem, ahem....Option A sounds good!!!

Aug 02 06 11:19 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Here's 14 within 25 miles of 75353 zip code, right here on MM:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/results.php … mit=Search

Mark S. Alameel wrote:
I am happy with getting so many replies to my post, to bad only a few of you actually read my entire post.  (Of course those that did contributed well.)

Sure, I can search all over the world with MM and get tons of Hispanics, but I find it difficult when I try to narrow down the search radius to a single city, like Dallas, which has a huge Hispanic population but little representation on MM.

(I am not complaining about MM, just looking for other places to try…) 

I have been avoiding paying for local advertising which gets every wanna be to apply (like every internet wanna be model but at least here I can see if their work is somewhat professional.)  This is why I had hoped websites like this would help.  Sure this place a basically a themed "My Space" but still I hope to find some.  (Of course then is the I am the internet supermodel needing superpay, but I will be super late and a super pain in the …)

I guess I will just have to advertise.
Mark

Aug 02 06 11:20 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

These 5 are within 10 miles of 75310:

and these are within 20miles of 75301:

Aug 02 06 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Here's the only problem. When you are making a casting call, you must be specific about what and who. Filipine, mexican, peutro rican, dominican, el savador, brasilian etc. State what hispanic nationality that you are looking for.

Aug 02 06 11:28 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Mark S. Alameel wrote:
So I guess no suggestions for Modeling websites that have a larger Hispanic presences?

Have you tried OMP or MC?

Aug 02 06 11:29 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Ximena Bright wrote:

TXPhotog wrote:

Whomever did the casting for Miami Vice missed that when they cast the Asian chic to play a "Cuban" woman.  Must have been the same one that cast Zoe Saldana as the "Hispanic" girl in that one dance movie.

Aug 02 06 11:31 pm Link

Model

Michelle De La Cruz

Miami, Florida, US

Well here in NY we have alot of Hispanic models they just all dont look hispanic. Im hispanic from Dominican Republic.

Aug 02 06 11:34 pm Link

Model

Ximena Barreto

Monterey, California, US

Legacys 7 wrote:
Here's the only problem. When you are making a casting call, you must be specific about what and who. Filipine, mexican, peutro rican, dominican, el savador, brasilian etc. State what hispanic nationality that you are looking for.

jejeje...Very politically correct...we all know that brasileras y COLOMBIANAS aren't the same as Peruanas or Mejicanas!!!  (except for Thalia, and Eva^2)

LMAO at my own joke!!!!!  Yeah, I wish MM had a nationality I could put on but there was only one block.

....ON A DIFFERENT NOTE:::::  WHo do you guys vote as the HOTTEST LATINA on the planet  (past, present, and/or future????) 

She's a little past her prime, but SOFIA VERGARA was 1 hottie!!!!  She's 30+ but look at her work 10 yrs ago...

ADRIANA LIMA gets my no.2 vote

Aug 02 06 11:34 pm Link

Model

Ana Paula

Legacys 7 wrote:

Brasilian are not hispanics!

Aug 03 06 12:30 am Link

Model

Ana Paula

Ximena Bright wrote:

Yeah, its confusing because my interpretation is that "hispanic" is more ethnic where as "latina" is more racial...but the best way to label if you must label is to use skin color and country of origin...like some european looking mexican would say "Caucasian Mejicana" etc. etc....

from wikipidea:

The confusion that arises is from the similarity between the words Latino and Latin, and between the concept of Hispanic and Latino. Latino is a shortened version of the noun Latinoamérica (Latin America). In the Spanish language "Latín" (Latin) is the name of the language of the Romans. This means that "Latin" is not confined solely to Hispanics and/or Latinos, and has always included such people as the Italians, French, Romanians, Portuguese, etc.

Thus, of a group consisting of a Brazilian, a Colombian, a Mexican, a Spaniard, and a Romanian; the Brazilian, Colombian, and Mexican would all be Latinos, but not the Spaniard or the Romanian, since neither Spain nor Romania are geographically situated in Latin America. Conversely, the Colombian, Mexican and Spaniard would all be Hispanics, but not the Brazilian or the Romanian, since Brazil was colonized by the Portuguese, and neither Portugal nor Romania are extensions of Spain. Finally, all of the above nationalities would all be Latin, including the Romanian.

It should be noted that "Latino" is very rarely applied to French-speaking Québec in Canada, and almost never to Haiti. The categories of "Latino" and "Hispanic" are used primarily in the United States to socially differentiate people. As social categories they are not mutually exclusive and without ambiguities and cannot be seen as independent of social discrimination (socio-economic, ethnic or racial).

Aug 03 06 12:34 am Link

Photographer

Albert Ortega UB6 IB9

Miami, Florida, US

I've shot dozens of amazing hispanic models, including Playboy Playmate Maria Checa. While I LOVE all flavors of beauty, hispanic models do bring a certain sensuality and spice to the shots. Just my opinion.

Albert
www.xtremephoto.com
www.albertortega.com

Aug 03 06 12:37 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Ana Paula wrote:

stop yelling. it was a typo. i meant to state latin americans. also, the latin lingo has a mixture of germanic after the germans defeated rome/romans/romantic.

Aug 03 06 12:38 am Link

Photographer

oooooooooooooh

Batesville, Mississippi, US

Ximena Bright wrote:
....ON A DIFFERENT NOTE:::::  WHo do you guys vote as the HOTTEST LATINA on the planet  (past, present, and/or future????)

I have spent countless hours conjuring just this list (a testament to how unproductive a college man can be if he really sets his mind to it) for just such an occasion, the list goes as follows:

salma hayek (hot since Desperado, more than 10 years ago)
roselyn sanchez (the hair, oh the hair)
eva mendez (that scene in Hitch outside her place...mmmm, and "welcome to Miami" video)
shakira (....what could I say...her hips dont lie...)
eva longoria (a newcomer to my list but hot nonetheless)
adriana lima (not a fan of the "supermodel" but them eyes!)
vida guerra (she has the "fun parts" and possibly the most known unknown booty)
gloria velez (the uber hottie in JayZ's big pimpin video)
sofia vergara (like salma she's been doing it for years)
rosaio dawson (seems like a real chill, layback girl and looks great in Sin City)

there you have it, my top 10 latinas. hope you enjoyed it though it might not be what you like but its got everything i'd need. i would like to give honorable mentions to the ladies of spanish soap operas...ya i said it. notice, how I didnt include jennifer lopez? I am really against the Diva personality, it makes a woman totally unattractive/unhot and very unlatina plus now we got a bunch of girls that think they jenny from the block

Aug 03 06 08:59 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Ana Paula wrote:

*giggles*

Aug 03 06 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

shotbytim

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

Ximena Bright wrote:

True, "Hispanic" is probably as broad a term as "American". There are all racial types from fair-skinned Castilians, like some of my ancestors, to those of largely African or Native American ancestry and every imaginable mix thereof.

Aug 03 06 09:15 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Electra T wrote:

1. Because some multi-racial people don't want to be neglectful toward either side.

2. Because some "sistahs" and "mamis" don't want to be "held down" as just latino or black *eye roll*

3. if i missed something let me know.

Exactly... I'm Cuban, Brazilian, Native American, Black and White... what do you suggest I pick? lol

Aug 03 06 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Electra T wrote:

*giggles*

instigator.

Aug 03 06 09:26 pm Link

Model

Ana Paula

Electra T wrote:

*giggles*

Funny isnt it? Most of people think Brasil is a Spanish-speaking country of Spanish origin and culture.

Aug 03 06 10:10 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Ana Paula wrote:

Funny isnt it? Most of people think Brasil is a Spanish-speaking country of Spanish origin and culture.

HAHA... Yeah, everyone always looks confused when I tell them that I want learn Portuguese because my grandmother is from Brazil.

Aug 03 06 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

- V s c h e m e -

Brooklyn, New York, US

Stay where you are, never conform to fit your own standards?
There are enough photographers and models in NYC and Miami!!!

Aug 03 06 10:48 pm Link