Forums > General Industry > T & A,,,Models that is not enough

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

There's a subtle but vital difference between bland expressionlessness and the intentional removed expressions seen on runway models.

May 10 06 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Jay Bowman wrote:
This is true.  However, earning a healthy paycheck from looking morbidly indifferent is a luxury very few models actually get.  And there are certainly plenty of fashion editorials and ad campaigns that call for a host of other emotions.  Those obnoxiously enthusiastic Tommy Hilfiger models are a good example.  Michael Kors "Michael" ads always display joyous opulance.  And there's a marked difference between the projection of mutual attraction that the models in the classic fragrance ads show and the I-might-just-be-alive-but-I'm-not-quite-certain look that some of these models who are trying to make it show...

Okay, that made me laugh.  Good points, too.  I think I'm just new enough at this that I'm not catching on to the subtleties of expressions yet.  I'll pay closer attention.  wink

May 10 06 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Sita Mae Edwards wrote:
Okay, that made me laugh...

Well, I do what I can...

:::snicker:::

May 10 06 06:16 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Really? Aw shit! *stomps off*

May 10 06 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

bill wylie

New York, New York, US

Scott, You hit the nail that hung the model on the cross.

As I click my way around MM, I am overwhelm by models whom seem to give nothing of themselves. Too many feel that modeling is a business to help reinforce your looks. It would be great to see a site, where the talent focus was about becoming great.

Theda, you are a great talent. I have spent my entire life dealing with models & looking at
images. Your soul is in your work. You can make a simple image stronger. And a complex
image great. If I were a model, I would be viewing your work everyday.

Theda, Thanks for giving yourself to the work.

Bill.

May 10 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Evans

Cypress, California, US

bill wylie wrote:
Scott, You hit the nail that hung the model on the cross.

As I click my way around MM, I am overwhelm by models whom seem to give nothing of themselves. Too many feel that modeling is a business to help reinforce your looks. It would be great to see a site, where the talent focus was about becoming great.

Theda, you are a great talent. I have spent my entire life dealing with models & looking at
images. Your soul is in your work. You can make a simple image stronger. And a complex
image great. If I were a model, I would be viewing your work everyday.

Theda, Thanks for giving yourself to the work.

Bill.

Bill,

You are right, Theda is an exception to this opinion and frankly she is awesome!  You said it best, you used the words; "I am overwhelm by models whom seem to give nothing of themselves. Too many feel that modeling is a business to help reinforce your looks".  Very well said!

Scott

May 10 06 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Evans

Cypress, California, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
There's a subtle but vital difference between bland expressionlessness and the intentional removed expressions seen on runway models.

Yes I agree, runway is differnt but when you are trying to convey, let's say, "sexy" then you should know how to do that with your eyes, face, your energy.

May 10 06 07:08 pm Link

Model

Lillith Leda

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Scott Evans wrote:
It is very difficult to find models that actually understand the "art" of modeling.  I see so many "dead faced" models out there and they all have one thing in common!  They all have T & A and nothing else!

Show me an average model that can speak with her eyes and face I will show you an employable model.  Show me a rocket hot model that could not make a facial expression other than the coveted "pissed off" look and I will show you a starving model!

Show me a model with T & A,  AND the ability to show honest to God facial expressions, convey mood and intent with her or his eyes,,I will show you a SUPER MODEL!

Models......learn you craft!  Models....take the time to research and study.  In short; to be successful DO WHAT THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE DO!

Facial expressions I have find to be evident in commercial advertising mostly (if not only). High fashion models have more often than not very blank stares, I suppose it's about the clothing then, not the expressions.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of expressions you're referring to. Masuimi Max does great facial expressions, but then she's in a genre I'm not ceartin would fall into your reference?

May 10 06 07:18 pm Link