Forums > General Industry > UK Members - How Many, and who's active??

Photographer

Bjorn Lumiere

Asheville, North Carolina, US

There are rumors I’m being considered for knighthood by the queen, only because I contribute to the British economy, by buying up all the Dundee Ginger Preserves when I’m there! smile In the UK they consider me British by defacto, it’s a very sticky issue.
-Bearz

Jul 09 06 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Callaby UK

Norwich, England, United Kingdom

I know for a fact that there are a fair few alt models on here who are very active......I
I know coz I've already shot with a few.but with comments from narrow minded people like Studio 36uk ( who doesn't even give his location apart from north west england )
is it any surprise that they haven't posted on here.

Live and let live Mister..........if you don't like it then either retire or keep your narrow minded thoughts to yourself.

Jul 09 06 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

Bjorn Lumiere

photopauluk wrote:
I know for a fact that there are a fair few alt models on here who are very active......I
I know coz I've already shot with a few.but with comments from narrow minded people like Studio 36uk ( who doesn't even give his location apart from north west england )

Live and let live Mister..........if you don't like it then either retire or keep your narrow minded thoughts to yourself.

Who exactly has narrow minded thoughts here?

-Bearz

Jul 09 06 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Bjorn Lumiere

photopauluk wrote:

I'd be quite happy to host a Summer gathering next year at my house in the Mountains for any UK Artists, that'd like to venture over for a holiday. Also Who exactly has narrow minded thoughts here?

-Bearz

Jul 09 06 02:47 pm Link

Model

__dead__

Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom

Hey all!!

I've been on this site since it started.

I hadn't used it much as the UK group here was very small.

Saying that I've worked with two foreign photographers who contacted me through here.

This is the first time I've viewed it for months - but came on to it as had an email!!

If you guys are on here perhaps I'll drop by more often :-)

Jul 09 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Callaby UK

Bearz Images wrote:

I'd be quite happy to host a Summer gathering next year at my house in the Mountains for any UK Artists, that'd like to venture over for a holiday. Also Who exactly has narrow minded thoughts here?

-Bearz

Studio 36 uk. Having a go at alt models, there was no need for it. If he doesn't work with alt models fair enough but to go on like he has.......

Jul 09 06 02:50 pm Link

Model

__dead__

studio36uk wrote:

Bangerman wrote:
Get real.

There is not enough market in the UK for 700 models, a large proportion of whom are Alt. So they have to charge to stand a chance of making money.

Not mainstream models? Can't [or don't want to] change their look to do a wider variety of work? Don't want to take out the piercings or re-dye their day-glo hair? Then their chosen "style" is their own fault and so is their inability to make money because the market for their "look" is somewhere between shit and non-existent. That's not my fault, now, is it?

I most definitely do just that.

I don't shoot "alt" models in the first place so that leaves them ALL out... paid - OR - TFP... but wait a minute, you said in the same breath - "...TPF with whoever is interested or pay up..." - you seem to imply that TFP is somehow "free" - it's bloody not free to ME as the photographer, so from MY standpoint it is pay for one or pay for the other [where there is no intention to shoot, and there are are no, marketable images to recover costs.]

Fuck that! If I can make money from the images I'll pay the model; if I can't they can pay me. I don't run a friggen charity for models, especially alt models, and I am not getting any Lottery money either.

I might do the odd freebie for a new, more conventional, model with some promise... but only maybe once or twice a year. And I'll tell you this, my friend, most of the commercial photographers I know, those earning a living from it, don't do any more free work, and usually less, than I do.

Studio36

Whatever the HELL you are smoking take it out your mouth and shove it up your A$$

I am an ALT model. I very rarely do TFP. I work bloody hard and make a nice earner out of modelling. I have worked with ALT togs AND mainstream togs as well as wedding photographers AND videographers.

How dare you slate models who dare to be different. Bet you're too scared to take me on eh STUDIO36 - come on if you DARE mate....

Jul 09 06 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Callaby UK

Claw wrote:

Whatever the HELL you are smoking take it out your mouth and shove it up your A$$

I am an ALT model. I very rarely do TFP. I work bloody hard and make a nice earner out of modelling. I have worked with ALT togs AND mainstream togs as well as wedding photographers AND videographers.

How dare you slate models who dare to be different. Bet you're too scared to take me on eh STUDIO36 - come on if you DARE mate....

A lady after my own heart.....well said Claw.

Jul 09 06 03:07 pm Link

Model

__dead__

photopauluk wrote:

A lady after my own heart.....well said Claw.

:-)

Sorry - I'm usually more eloquent than that (Just ask SimonL - he knows me!) it's just that really irritated me. ALT models have a rough time as it is, and most are very hard working, have superb wardrobes and are the loveliest friendliest bunch around. Makes my blood boil when narrow minded prats post stuff like this.

We aren't stupid. We're aware of what work we can and can not do. And there IS a lot of work out there in the fetish world. Many ALT models can model in more mainstream areas.

Just look at the amazing model Gothness and see her amazing success....there are a number of very successful ALT models..who wants to be the same eh....

:-)

Jul 09 06 03:14 pm Link