Forums > General Industry > I posted my first topless shot on MM today

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

and it drew a comment in about 6 nano-seconds.  See?  GWC is right.  Boobies trump art every time!

May 08 06 01:11 am Link

Photographer

Mikell

San Francisco, California, US

announced an 18+ the other day 7 views in 5 mins.

May 08 06 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

mikell wrote:
announced an 18+ the other day 7 views in 5 mins.

There ya go.

May 08 06 01:15 am Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Did someone say b(o)(o)bies?

May 08 06 01:17 am Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

~Krista~ wrote:
Did someone say b(o)(o)bies?

Yes, I didn't spell it in the MM-approved way, but I'm tired.

May 08 06 01:18 am Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Vivus Denuo wrote:

Yes, I didn't spell it in the MM-approved way, but I'm tired.

Well, we keep tabs on this stuff...so just remember to do it the GWC way next time, or we will make secret tabs on your boobie vs. b(o)(o)bie count and if you show a pattern of non mm approved boobie wording we will have to remove you.

May 08 06 01:20 am Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

~Krista~ wrote:

Well, we keep tabs on this stuff...so just remember to do it the GWC way next time, or we will make secret tabs on your boobie vs. b(o)(o)bie count and if you show a pattern of non mm approved boobie wording we will have to remove you.

LOL.  I am duly chastised.  Henceforth, I will speak only of b(o)(o)bies.  I mean, when speaking of b(o)(o)bies.

May 08 06 01:23 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

is "Bewbs" ok?
heh

May 08 06 01:25 am Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it -- It's been my experience that it isn't just nudity that attracts attention to a photo. The most popular photos in my port, and the ones that get the most coments, are non-nudes. So, I think it just depends on the photo; there really is more to this than just seeing b(o)(o)bies (how's that?). I also think that some of the more popular models here on MM don't even do nudes.

So there.

-P-

May 08 06 02:45 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

"If you show them, they will come..."

What movie was that?  Field of Reams?  Ah, hell, I can't remember..

May 08 06 02:47 am Link

Photographer

northern clicker

Anchorage, Alaska, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it -- It's been my experience that it isn't just nudity that attracts attention to a photo. The most popular photos in my port, and the ones that get the most coments, are non-nudes. So, I think it just depends on the photo; there really is more to this than just seeing b(o)(o)bies (how's that?). I also think that some of the more popular models here on MM don't even do nudes.

So there.

-P-

Agreed... but since I now have LOOOOWWWW expectations about folks that want critiques, I always think, "well, the pics will probably be GWC shots in front of a sheet, but at least there might be some b(o)(o)bies to soothe the irritation to my eyes."

-jn

May 08 06 04:02 am Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Pat Thielen wrote:

I agree. I suspect that when the nudes on a port attract the most attention, it may be that the non-nude shots are simply not very good.

May 08 06 04:28 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Yeah same thing happened when I posted my new avatar.

May 08 06 05:12 am Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

WG Rowland wrote:
"If you show them, they will come..."

What movie was that?  Field of Reams?  Ah, hell, I can't remember..

LOL!

May 08 06 07:54 am Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

VirtuaMike wrote:
Yeah same thing happened when I posted my new avatar.

That is indeed an eye-catching avatar!

May 08 06 07:55 am Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

northern clicker wrote:

Agreed... but since I now have LOOOOWWWW expectations about folks that want critiques, I always think, "well, the pics will probably be GWC shots in front of a sheet, but at least there might be some b(o)(o)bies to soothe the irritation to my eyes."

-jn

Well... the sad part to this is not all b(o)(o)bie pics soothe the eyes either. A GWC is still a GWC. For example, one night there was absolutely nothing on TV except for infomercials and "Baywatch." So, I tried -- I mean, I really tried to watch "Batwatch" and I couldn't. I think I did manage to get half-way through the thing, but despite all the eyecandy I just couldn't take it. Sometimes a bit of nudity just isn't enough...

-P-

May 08 06 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Sarah Boling

Guthrie, Kentucky, US

The reason you get views with nekked photos is because the majority of photographer are male! And males will take every opportunity to see a girl naked. Also, GWC's are DYING to get inspiration for their next "less than adequant quality shot of some cheap bimbo in a motel room spread eagle" art photograph.

May 08 06 10:21 am Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
Sometimes a bit of nudity just isn't enough...

Agreed...maybe to horny old men boobies trump art, but as much as I like a nice set of boobs, I just don't think they make a photo worth looking at. In fact, I think men who aren't especially good at photography (or who just haven't gotten any in a while) should just not shoot boobs...when they do I think they end up even worse than clothed shots because they see nipples and their brains short circuit...that's why all my photos rock...if you get me topless it's no more exciting than shooting a guy :-P

May 08 06 10:24 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

Agreed...maybe to horny old men boobies trump art, but as much as I like a nice set of boobs, I just don't think they make a photo worth looking at. In fact, I think men who aren't especially good at photography (or who just haven't gotten any in a while) should just not shoot boobs...when they do I think they end up even worse than clothed shots because they see nipples and their brains short circuit...that's why all my photos rock...if you get me topless it's no more exciting than shooting a guy :-P

if i got you toppless i couldnt focus the camera...hell...i wouldnt even think of holding a camera.

May 08 06 10:35 am Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

BCG wrote:

if i got you toppless i couldnt focus the camera...hell...i wouldnt even think of holding a camera.

Have you seen my boobs? Well...of course you haven't...even if you were staring straight at them you probably wouldn't see them...lol...now my butt...that's another story wink

May 08 06 10:42 am Link

Photographer

The Shutter Hound

FUQUAY VARINA, North Carolina, US

Vivus Denuo wrote:
and it drew a comment in about 6 nano-seconds.  See?  GWC is right.  Boobies trump art every time!

You rebel !

May 08 06 10:46 am Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

People vote with their clicks.  You can blame me as photog, the model for posing, GWC's, dirty old men, dirty young women, the decline of western civilization or whatever you want.  Fact remains, the topless shot and the butt up in the air shot that I posted yesterday have drawn more clicks than the tamer shots that I've had up for a month.  Maybe we're just dealing with human nature here?  D'ya think?

Edit:  Before we blame b(o)(o)bie shots on - or for - the decline of western civilization, please note that people were carving fertility figures of big-breasted, big-hipped women thousands of years ago, even before the rise of the most ancient civilizations.  I think that supports the "human nature" theory.  Only difference is we don't use clay any more, we use digital media.

May 08 06 11:30 am Link

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

nudity does get the most comments, but it does depends on the avy being eyecatching in the first place.

May 08 06 11:36 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

Have you seen my boobs? Well...of course you haven't...even if you were staring straight at them you probably wouldn't see them...lol...now my butt...that's another story wink

You also have a cute face and nice eyes.  I'll have to check out your butt!!

May 08 06 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Pat Thielen wrote:

Well... the sad part to this is not all b(o)(o)bie pics soothe the eyes either. A GWC is still a GWC. For example, one night there was absolutely nothing on TV except for infomercials and "Baywatch." So, I tried -- I mean, I really tried to watch "Batwatch" and I couldn't. I think I did manage to get half-way through the thing, but despite all the eyecandy I just couldn't take it. Sometimes a bit of nudity just isn't enough...

-P-

Next time turn the volume off.

May 08 06 05:20 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

sigh

i have nudes on my port!!
i have boobies pics!!
not many comments
though... i did get one that said  NICE TA TAS 

sigh

HEY
maybe i will post this on the anouncements and see if i get comments??

May 08 06 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan123

Arlington, Virginia, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
sigh

i have nudes on my port!!
i have boobies pics!!
not many comments
though... i did get one that said  NICE TA TAS 

sigh

HEY
maybe i will post this on the anouncements and see if i get comments??

Same with me, if only it were so easy.  I shoot nudes but they don't seem to get many people excited.  Maybe if I could focus better... 

And Kaitlin, I think we need to see photographic proof of your claims to boobielessness.

May 09 06 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

J Sigerson

Los Angeles, California, US

Thank God for immoral models. wink

May 09 06 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Ivan123 wrote:
Same with me, if only it were so easy.  I shoot nudes but they don't seem to get many people excited.  Maybe if I could focus better...

Art nudes don`t get near as much attention as the more glamour style nudes here.I had some art nudes on my portfolio here and barely anyone looked at them but boy oh boy did they ever instantly hit on the pic of the girl with the hand bra!
And many who do comment on the art nudes wouldn`t know a good art nude from a bad one because they view of from the" is it hot, would it sell a product" point of view.
  I get a lot of attention and compliments on my art nudes on the art photography sites I am on like photo.net. Some of which got as many as 2-3k views in 24 hours or less.

May 09 06 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

LighthousePhoto

COLLEGE POINT, New York, US

I have a bunch of nudes on my port as well that garner little attention, but maybe that's because I haven't posted much or bragged about them anywhere. Maybe now they'll get a lot more views.
hmmmmmmmm

May 10 06 01:01 am Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

i personally prefer the spelling, b(oYo)bies, myself - a little cleavage never hurt anyone.

people like to look at cute young naked people. SURPRISE! the question is - do you care? those people that are looking at the 18+ photo you posted... are they models who are impressed with your work and want to model for you? are they clients who see a demonstration of your skill and have the checkbook out, ready to hire you? or are they just kind bored... and then, ooh! bewbs! *click*

May 13 06 03:56 pm Link