Forums > General Industry > Nude "Backlash?"

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

Once a month or so I'll browse through the recently updated/recently added models for the NYC area just to see if anyone who might make a good addition to my book has joined.  Incidentally, I have seen the number of profiles that say "no nudity" jump drastically in the last 6 months or so. 

I can speculate on all of the reasons that have been mentioned above...

That being said, I've never really had any huge obstacles in finding people that I want to work with who are either willing to do, or are downright enthusiastic about whatever it happens to be that I'm shooting.  If you have a purpose and vision in your work and are dilligent, you'll find like minded collaborators and a receptive audience.

Don't buck trends, fuck trends!

PS:  I know that last bit didn't make much sense, but what a great bumper sticker it would make...

May 08 06 03:31 pm Link

Model

luv2bfitt

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

Resurrection...

Jul 13 06 10:14 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Even as someone who is against getting nekkid for the camera herself, I can still appreciate a well done nude (of someone else) for beauty's sake.

On internet photography sites, though, the uh... average quality of photos in that arena tends to be fairly low.  If I ever see another "portfolio" full of vacant-faced (yet OMGBBQNUDE!) women posed against yellowed, unironed bedsheets, it will be far, FAR too soon.  Too many men use their camera as a quasi-legitimate way to talk women out of their clothes.

And yes, others are definitely what I would call artists in their field.  It's just a pity that there are so FEW of those and so MANY of the other kind.

But I pretty much feel that way about modelling/photography in general, whether the subject is clothed or not.

Jul 13 06 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

You know I just stqarted to add nudes to my portfolio again. My port is varied and I'd like to think any potential model or client would appreciate the fact that I can shoot a variety of subjects.

Though I must admitt, My website doesnt feature nudes in the way My MM port does.

Nudes for me is a photgraphic hobby and I shoot t when the opportunity presents itself.

Photgraphy as a whole is a passion as well as my lively hood.

For tjhose GWC's, hey..do what you gotta do...Get your thrills enjoy...

To the Artist..Keep making the good stuff...In the end true art prevails over cheap thrills.

Great composition and true art will stand the test of time. that's all I really care about.

We artist are in great numbers and we will find each other. NEKKED or GQ'D...

V

Jul 13 06 08:38 pm Link