Forums > General Industry > the casting couch system

Photographer

Mercuriusrex dot com

Casting couch was no modern invention of Hollywood, this is a phenomena that has existed since the birth of man.  I am sure the same thing happens in any career line in any state or country.

One way or another, this business is about selling your body, especially modelling.  You just don't like the 'hands on' kind.  But success is the 'proof' these individuals have, they have done what they thought neccesary to make it- and thus there they stand.

I'm sure there are actresses you admire, whom you can imagine did not take this path to success.  You can emulate them.

But something I think is relatively universal, is no one likes a complainer, or wants to be around bitter people.  Launching off to attack others, to attack methods of business/conduct/morality, will do nothing to move you forward.  Choose to focus that energy into developing yourself as an artist.

It seems a little ironic some of the best photos in your portfolio are of you looking sexy on the couch?

Best of luck, we all need it in a business this competitive.

~E

Apr 29 06 06:31 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

tracymariebriar wrote:

Very mature Mr.tucker, do you like to make little girls cry? No i am not goning to cry in my car, the last thing i want to do is full fill you sick fantacies. I honestly am not that affected by your ignorance and mockery. I think most of you should really find something do to with yourselfs other than ganing up on an 18 yr old girl. I mean come on are you all such pussies you can't find someone your own age and size to critcize? this is just sad, are you really mad at me for my sucess at my age or my boldness, to  mention a controvery? As a radio host I thought i had heard it all with my dumb callers, but wow Model mayhem really takes the cake, congratulations guys for being dumber than my listeners and callers. I gotta say though your hated fuels my fire like you wouldn't believe i laugh at how much you think you know. I love how the most horendous photographers with no talent who can't tell a silver from a gold reflector have the worst things to say about me, an educated young aspiring woman. So are any of you making a living and supporting you selves fully off of photography? or it is just an expensive hobby that your really bad at? Thank you model mayhem if i can handel your serious stupididty i think i can handel fame, fortune and and the rest of the burden that comes with sucess, but none of you would really know what i am talking about would you?

I'm starting to wonder what you're really angry about.  You've got an awful lot of bile stored up for someone "just starting out."

What really happened?  Come on, you can tell me...

Apr 29 06 06:52 am Link

Model

Natalie G

Kansas City, Kansas, US

The young lady who started this thread writes so eloquently!!! Was my thought as good as her writing is, I can not wait to see her photos!!!
When I clicked on her link, I received a message that this person is not a member!!!
     Why would some one write such a though provoking lengthly paragrargh, and not have even a profile???
     There must be a very strong reason, and also some thing equally compelling is probably being left out!!!

I do really commend this persons writing skills.
As I am from another country/culture I am continually trying to improve mine!!!

Sincerely, Natalie

Apr 29 06 08:45 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Natalie G wrote:
The young lady who started this thread writes so eloquently!!! Was my thought as good as her writing is, I can not wait to see her photos!!!
When I clicked on her link, I received a message that this person is not a member!!!
     Why would some one write such a though provoking lengthly paragrargh, and not have even a profile???
     There must be a very strong reason, and also some thing equally compelling is probably being left out!!!

Sincerely, Natalie

Hi Natalie;

The young lady was put on a weekend leave for flaming members, obviously having not been able to withstand scrutiny by other industry professionals. She turned insulting and rather heated, ignored my official request for following the "courtesy" rules of Model Mayhem.

Hopefully she'll cool off over the weekend and she'll be back in.

UdoR

Apr 29 06 10:56 am Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

Has any one else noticed a significant difference in the level of writing skill in the original post and those by the same poster that followed?

It seems to me that all the articulate expressing I admired in the original post suddenly became inarticulate ranting almost insatantly. Gone so rapidly was the attention to grammar and punctuation, to the logical progression thru a thought process ... suddenly it was as if I were witnessing the channeling of someone else.

I don't know if it make anyone else wonder ... but it sure makes me wonder.

Apr 29 06 11:05 am Link

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Natalie G wrote:

ARRGH! Why are so many people complimenting this girl's writing skills? PLEASE don't use this as an example of good writing.

Just because she spelled most of the words correctly and was passionate about her topic does not make it good writing.  If you want to learn from this lady's writing, get a good style manual and use it find examples of the following in her essay: run-on sentences, nonsense sentence fragments, throwing in big words but using them incorrectly, misuse of punctuation, run-on paragraphs, awkward sentence structure.  They're all in there and it's short, so it shouldn't take very long.

Clear communication should be a basic skill for people who make it out of high school.  Please don't encourage those who slipped through the cracks.

Apr 29 06 11:18 am Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

I see again the moniker "Perv".  And I really must ask - The perv is the guy who uses his business, his position, his money, his location, his whatever, to get sex.

So what does that make a woman who uses her "charms" to get out of a ticket, to get free supper, to get a closer look at an interview, etc.?

The perv is asking for sex, and is offering something of some tangible quality in return.

The gal is intimating she'll be sexually available, to get something, but knows she isn't.

Speaking gender neutrally the perv is at least straightforward about the whole matter and the gal is guilty of being deceptive.

Just a thought.  At the very least they are both perv's.

Apr 29 06 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

ATMPhotos

Brooklyn, New York, US

SKPhoto wrote:
I see again the moniker "Perv".  And I really must ask - The perv is the guy who uses his business, his position, his money, his location, his whatever, to get sex.

So what does that make a woman who uses her "charms" to get out of a ticket, to get free supper, to get a closer look at an interview, etc.?

The perv is asking for sex, and is offering something of some tangible quality in return.

The gal is intimating she'll be sexually available, to get something, but knows she isn't.

Speaking gender neutrally the perv is at least straightforward about the whole matter and the gal is guilty of being deceptive.

Just a thought.  At the very least they are both perv's.

You have an excellent point there.

Apr 29 06 04:29 pm Link