Forums > General Industry > the casting couch system

Model

Tracy Marie Briare

Los Angeles, California, US

Chris Ambler wrote:
Here's what I want to know - Tracey is 17, according to her personal web site and her OMP portfolio. Yet she apparently lied, here, and said she was 18.

Why is her portfolio still here?

Or am I missing something?

iam 18 i just turned 18 in september i guess i didnt update some stuff

Apr 28 06 04:14 pm Link

Model

Tracy Marie Briare

Cyberhawk Studios wrote:

Ditto what ty said!
You clearly state that you use your sexuality to get what you want, yet you are angry with other women that do the same. Which way do you want it?

no i am anbgry with other women who screw it up and ending fucking for things smiling and winking doesnt hurt anyone

Apr 28 06 04:16 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

So you think it is okay to be a cock tease?

Apr 28 06 04:19 pm Link

Model

Tracy Marie Briare

Ched wrote:

John Carman wrote:
These situations exist. Tracy has gone to considerable time and trouble to pass along her thoughts about them. Anyone's free to disagree, but why all the scoffing, condescension and hostility? She's 18 years old and she's thinking and writing. That's. . . not. . . bad.

They do exist, but there is an old axiom, "write what you know." It sounds like she hasn't had enough contact with the world she is describing, so "the message is louder than the song."

Nothing wrong with trying, but better, again, to write what you know. I don't see evidence of interviews or empirical research or any kind of first hand information being presented. She makes claims of extrapolation but does not support them.

Ched wrote:
I thought the products were makeup and clothes and accessories and off-road vehicles with Mercedes logos?

Elite Imaging wrote:
Why yes they are the products, but put those products on some old Hag or a Crack Whore and see if it sells????

I would love to see an ad for the New Nissan 350 convertable with an Eat up old Crack Whore behind the  wheel. smilesmile

It is an attempt to project a subconscious metaphor. The relationship is more complex than just "sex sells" (obviously with the crack whores being all bout some sex for crack).

Ched wrote:
I thought the products were makeup and clothes and accessories and off-road vehicles with Mercedes logos?

Eew. Shouldn't glamour photogrtaphy be illegal then?

i am protecting my actresses rights and privacy they didnt want me to quote any of thier stories or anything like that so i had to genralize everything, but seriously i did my reasrch i have read many books about this topic and it still exists. i think its ridiuclas that people post random rambling here its cool and no big deal but when someone takes the time to write out something with a message you guys get all pissed off

models deal with this stuff to, if any of you have an agency which alot of you don't you'd know what goes down in the top agency its henious horendous and discusting, but people are too scared to mention , well sorry guys but i went there i dared to i did don't read it if it bothers you that much gezze

Apr 28 06 04:21 pm Link

Model

Tracy Marie Briare

Iona Lynn wrote:
So you think it is okay to be a cock tease?

i love how people really make things exteremly one sided and if you read my article i mention how cock teaseer screw it up too. smiling and being nice is usually considred flirting by alot of mens books and i said alot not all so please dont waste anyone times and say oh not mine... don't want to hear that i am generalizing a subject here.

Apr 28 06 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Anybody sum this up for me. No time to read all that. Too busy shooting and editing pics smile

Apr 28 06 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Others say that if they felt they had a shot at a break, they would sleep with someone, “just onceâ€? for a chance at fame...Tracy.

Tracy - buy me  Canon 85mm "L" lens and I will sleep with you..
and you can write a long article about the experience!

Women use boobs not to get ticketed?  I am shocked !
Women use boobs to get/keep  jobs?  I have to report this!

So why the CRY ,  " I am not a sex object ? "

so what else is new?
so what else is new?
I read your article - precis precis precis !

Apr 28 06 04:36 pm Link

Model

Tracy Marie Briare

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
Others say that if they felt they had a shot at a break, they would sleep with someone, “just onceâ€? for a chance at fame.

Tracy - buy me  Canon 85mm "L" lens and I will sleep with you..
and you can write a long article about the experience!

Women use boobs not to get ticketed?  I am shocked !
Women use boobs to get/keep  jobs?  I have to report this!

So why the CRY ,  " I am not a sex object ? "

so what else is new?
so what else is new?
I read your article - precis precis precis !

i am not crying that
its just an article shit

Apr 28 06 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

tracymariebriar wrote:
i am not crying that
its just an article shit

What I don't understand is that your way of answering to posts, the grammar and spelling of those replies are so much different from your initial article.

Are you not proof reading your replies?

Apr 28 06 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

P                 L              A             G             I             A ..........?

Apr 28 06 04:50 pm Link

Model

Tracy Marie Briare

UdoR wrote:

What I don't understand is that your way of answering to posts, the grammar and spelling of those replies are so much different from your initial article.

Are you not proof reading your replies?

I am really sick of defending myself so this will be the last time because i will not longer look at the page. of chorse i proofed my article, but this is ridiculas people, i can't write you all indidvidaul essays correction your assumptions. for once a model really cares about something around here and put alot of thought into something but the rest of your ignorant people just find a problem with it. the funny thing is most of you aren;'t from los angeles how funny! los angeles is the casting couch capital of the world, so if you aren't here of working here you don't know what i am talking about. i remember once when it was encouraged for yoing people like me (im am 18) to be ambitious. i am mkaing a living off this and supporting myself fincially and paying for myself to go to school out here, i mean what were most of you doing with your lives at that point? so please just stop this mayhem and if you don't want to read my article dont

Apr 28 06 04:50 pm Link

Model

Tracy Marie Briare

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
P                 L              A             G             I             A ..........?

no i did not plagerize my own article fuck! first its dumb and contractdicting, now its too intelgent for me to have written??
go fuck your self seriously

Apr 28 06 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

As pointed out by several posters here the article and your impromptu answers do no match.

We are questioning whether you are really good at editing or does your spelling improve when not questioned?

Apr 28 06 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

tracymariebriar wrote:
no i did not plagerize my own article fuck! first its dumb and contractdicting, now its too intelgent for me to have written??

https://www.modelmayhem.com/rules.php

Rules

These rules apply to every area of ModelMayhem.com (forums, shout box, comments, messages, etc).

[1] Absolutely NO FLAMING OR NAME CALLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm. Please keep profanity and gratuitously inflammatory language to a minimum. Personal attacks will not be tolerated on ModelMayhem.com.

Please, step back and relax.

You are not the only person on here with industry experience and you have to consider that as well.

If you post in an open forum with many industry participants who are eventually much longer in the business than you are, you've got to expect being scrutinized.

So, please, follow the rules for civil conduct in the fora.

Thank you

UdoR

Apr 28 06 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

Brandon Ching

Brooklyn, New York, US

Tim Hammond wrote:

Adler Photographic wrote:
You write very well

Ty Simone wrote:
I will say this though, You have a great skill writing....

MichaelNicoletti wrote:
Very well written Tracy!

Are you people serious?  The thought process might (arguably) be commendable, but the writing is definitely not.  That's a C- essay in any legitmate English comp. class, but I'll bet she graduated high school writing like that and was told she was a good writer.  It's a crying shame that our schools turn out people who can't write and don't know it.  Please, if you don't want to tell them the truth, don't say anything at all.

Amen to this!.. I've got stubbed toes and scabbed knees from stumbling all over the grammatical errors and typos.. her replies to this thread are no better. Ouch.

Apr 28 06 05:00 pm Link

Model

joanna kristine

Providence, Rhode Island, US

A good read but, as stated before a few contradictions. The ones who sleep w/ whomever they think they need to will only last so long, leaving room for the talented actresses. If you truly have talent you will make it, looks aside.

Apr 28 06 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Joanna Kristine wrote:
A good read and it needed to be said and repeated time and time again.

Well... then again, you are in Rhode Island and hence safe according to Tracy Marie, since Hollywood is the casting couch capital of the world and anybody who is trying to quantify her assessment, is unqualified since we don't know how hard it is in Hollywood, like... compared to New York City for instance.

Apr 28 06 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

tracymariebriar wrote:

I'd pay money to see where you end up in a year or so with your current attitude.  I know nothing about "the industry," but I just can't see many people with decisioning power putting up with you when there are 300 identikit blondes standing outside waiting for their chance.

Good luck though.

Apr 28 06 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

tracymariebriar wrote:
so please just stop this mayhem

Bwahahahahaha!

Apr 28 06 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Joanna Kristine wrote:
A good read but, as stated before a few contradictions. The ones who sleep w/ whomever they think they need to will only last so long, leaving room for the talented actresses. If you truly have talent you will make it, looks aside.

Such optimism!

Apr 28 06 05:18 pm Link

Model

joanna kristine

UdoR wrote:

Well... then again, you are in Rhode Island and hence safe according to Tracy Marie, since Hollywood is the casting couch capital of the world and anybody who is trying to quantify her assessment, is unqualified since we don't know how hard it is in Hollywood, like... compared to New York City for instance.

Good to know I'm safe;) I hope I didn't sound like I was in agreence w/ EVERYTHING. The whores make the rest of us look bad from time to time. Attractive=whore is a common assumption. If you have ltalent you don't need to flirt, be professional, oops I said the "P" word. It's hard anywhere.

Apr 28 06 05:18 pm Link

Model

joanna kristine

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

Such optimism!

Optimism is a good thing! Why be so negative all of the time? It will only bring you down(not necessarily YOU).

Apr 28 06 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

UdoR wrote:

Joanna Kristine wrote:
Good to know I'm safe;) I hope I didn't sound like I was in agreence w/ EVERYTHING. The whores make the rest of us look bad from time to time. Attractive=whore is a common assumption. If you have ltalent you don't need to flirt, be professional, oops I said the "P" word. It's hard anywhere.

Well, she did have some points that had real value, but her generalization and "high horse" attitude, including her inability to withstand scrutiny didn't help her making a point.

It was also not very easy to read, but I did it anyway, just didn't respond to it.

Apr 28 06 05:24 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ched wrote:
Eew. Shouldn't glamour photogrtaphy be illegal then?

Yes, one of our Nigerian scammers thinks glamour photography should be illegal....LMAO

Apr 28 06 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Joanna Kristine wrote:

Optimism is a good thing! Why be so negative all of the time? It will only bring you down(not necessarily YOU).

I like to think that a healthy sense of cynicism can get one through the most trying times.

And if you think that talent always wins out, you must not have seen "The Dukes of Hazard," "A Very Brady Sequel" or anything starring Adam Sandler.

Apr 28 06 05:31 pm Link

Model

joanna kristine

UdoR wrote:

UdoR wrote:

Well, she did have some points that had real value, but her generalization and "high horse" attitude, including her inability to withstand scrutiny didn't help her making a point.

It was also not very easy to read, but I did it anyway, just didn't respond to it.

True. W/ any scrutiny the tail goes between the legs, the hand goes in your face and all communication is lost. Personally, I would not have written something like that. Sounds like a crybaby in the end. It happens everywhere and it's unfortunate that some women are so desperate.

Apr 28 06 05:35 pm Link

Model

joanna kristine

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

I like to think that a healthy sense of cynicism can get one through the most trying times.

And if you think that talent always wins out, you must not have seen "The Dukes of Hazard," "A Very Brady Sequel" or anything starring Adam Sandler.

I'm not optimistic ALL of the time, just when I need it.

You are right, I haven't;P(kidding) True talent w/ determination, not to mention connections, is what it takes to be a RESPECTABLE acctress/model/talent. The others are at the right place and the right time or have slept w/ the right person.

Apr 28 06 05:39 pm Link

Model

joanna kristine

Oooops, should have looked at the port first!!!!! Retracting all statements!

Apr 28 06 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Blackmirror Photogenics

New York, New York, US

tracymariebriar wrote:

Intelligent+ Model=Oxymoron

Apr 28 06 11:42 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

blackmirror wrote:

Thanks.  Models, are you taking notes?

Apr 28 06 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

SolraK Studios

Atlanta, Georgia, US

tracymariebriar wrote:

love this attitude !!!!

Apr 28 06 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

blackmirror wrote:

Now, that's just not true. I know a lot of very smart models.

Apr 29 06 12:26 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

blackmirror wrote:

Wow, you're just a peach, aintcha?

Apr 29 06 02:08 am Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

tracymariebriar wrote:

I am really sick of defending myself so this will be the last time because i will not longer look at the page. of chorse i proofed my article, but this is ridiculas people, i can't write you all indidvidaul essays correction your assumptions. for once a model really cares about something around here and put alot of thought into something but the rest of your ignorant people just find a problem with it. the funny thing is most of you aren;'t from los angeles how funny! los angeles is the casting couch capital of the world, so if you aren't here of working here you don't know what i am talking about. i remember once when it was encouraged for yoing people like me (im am 18) to be ambitious. i am mkaing a living off this and supporting myself fincially and paying for myself to go to school out here, i mean what were most of you doing with your lives at that point? so please just stop this mayhem and if you don't want to read my article dont

Awww she gonna cry in the car.... lmao
quote---Chris Tucker from Friday--

Apr 29 06 03:18 am Link

Model

Tracy Marie Briare

dncphotos wrote:

Awww she gonna cry in the car.... lmao
quote---Chris Tucker from Friday--

Very mature Mr.tucker, do you like to make little girls cry? No i am not goning to cry in my car, the last thing i want to do is full fill you sick fantacies. I honestly am not that affected by your ignorance and mockery. I think most of you should really find something do to with yourselfs other than ganing up on an 18 yr old girl. I mean come on are you all such pussies you can't find someone your own age and size to critcize? this is just sad, are you really mad at me for my sucess at my age or my boldness, to  mention a controvery? As a radio host I thought i had heard it all with my dumb callers, but wow Model mayhem really takes the cake, congratulations guys for being dumber than my listeners and callers. I gotta say though your hated fuels my fire like you wouldn't believe i laugh at how much you think you know. I love how the most horendous photographers with no talent who can't tell a silver from a gold reflector have the worst things to say about me, an educated young aspiring woman. So are any of you making a living and supporting you selves fully off of photography? or it is just an expensive hobby that your really bad at? Thank you model mayhem if i can handel your serious stupididty i think i can handel fame, fortune and and the rest of the burden that comes with sucess, but none of you would really know what i am talking about would you?

Apr 29 06 04:41 am Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Guess you've never seen the movie "Friday" lol
First off Im a female so learn to read.
Second,Your not a little girl your 18
Third, learn to write alittle better and you may be taken more seriously.

You "said" you were leaving this thread and not posting anymore hours ago because you didn't care what we had to say and now your back, Awww you do care...

Your 18...big whoopty do. Are we suppose to feel sorry for you because you just turned 18? Your a grown woman now. Time to fight your own battles Missy. Im 24 are people suppose to feel sorry for me if I make a bold statement that doesn't go the way I wanted it too??? Sure hope not lol.

Your main post was to much of a contradiction for me to even explain and discuss on.
Then the fact that your mad at everyone who didn't agree with what you wrote upon shows your maturity level already.
California is NOT the only place of "Casting couches" those are in New York and Florida and Atlanta for sure as well as other places.

Now you want to bash all the photographers who said something mean about you or what you said lol
Goshhhhhhhh pitiful

Apr 29 06 04:55 am Link

Model

dpretty

Ashland, Alabama, US

tracymariebriar wrote:
So once more, I attempt to save the raw chaffed and probably diseased vaginas out there. My work here is done now please go douche out the remaining crust of the last perve’s man chowder who promised to make you a star and hurry you don’t want to be late for acting class.

Yikes, if I hadn't read this last paragraph, I wouldn't have had anything to say. But please, women may be desperate and stupid...but they're not all crusty and diseased! I think you really need to start loving yourself more.

I went down to Cali to try to make some $$ and ended up go-go dancing at a bar dominated by hispanics. I prefer not to call them "pervs" because several of them were adorable and generous too. The girl I worked with was barely 18 (I am 24) and had already been to jail, sold her body, and had a personal coke dealer. I mentioned that people wanted to see "how low will you go" but if you just held onto your self respect and confidence you would know not to fall for that crap. She said, "unfortunately, some of us do fall for that." Luckily, she learned her lesson and quit selling herself.

Remember, it's never too late to give yourself respect. The biggest mistake anyone can make in their life is relying on someone else for a reason to exist. Often times guys in this biz will promise to "make you a star," because that suggests two things: (1) the guy (and he's usually just a guy, in the diminutive sense) is in control and knows the biz better than you do, and (2) you are a nobody and without him will always be a nobody...

I hope you can see that there is no upside to this sort of arrangement. Live, learn, and hopefully things will go well in your life. But don't count on one guy after another to turn you into something you never were or wanted to be.

Apr 29 06 04:58 am Link

Model

dpretty

Ashland, Alabama, US

tracymariebriar wrote:
I have started the evolution and the solution for casting couch propaganda. The root of the idea is brilliant. The thought of my knockers getting me a job is pretty empowering. It makes me feel like a woman but, do I have to show them? I say yes but, not full on frontal booby flashing is necessary. That would be the point of no return that pivotal moment when women go too far. I have a revolutionary flirting technique that can be used only when absolutely necessary. I say this because I am tired of the little whores who are trying to over through the Hollywood elite talented a-liters. I have a few secrets for all the women out there who are naturally flirty but honestly intend on keeping their pants on.

Honestly, I think you are extremely confused. You believe everything society wants you to believe, yet think you are a revolutionary thinker. It is very common for women to point their finger at other women and call them "little whores" but when it comes to themselves they were "taken advantage of" or just too drunk (always a great excuse.) The idea that you might get a job because of your "knockers" yet still think you are superior to the woman who got her job because she SHOWED her knockers (an important distinction, to be sure) is pathetic and totally meaningless. The fact remains that you are trained to think that you are first and foremost a sexual object, and that no one will give you the time of day unless you manipulate him or her sexually.

Believe it or not, there are many, many women in this world, and even across the U.S, who never even consider using their tits to get a job. That may be because most job descriptions don't actually include a minimum cup size. Maybe your problem is you're looking for the wrong job.

Apr 29 06 05:08 am Link

Model

dpretty

Ashland, Alabama, US

Joanna Kristine wrote:

Flirting is not a crime.

Apr 29 06 05:12 am Link

Model

dpretty

Ashland, Alabama, US

tracymariebriar wrote:
WELL ITS AN ARTICLE AND I FEEL BAD THAT YOU MISSED OUT. DO PEOPLE READ ANYMORE WOW

You know...
you made some valid points, but as you write more and more (and it's trial and error sometimes) you will learn to whittle down your arguments. That way, there is less for others to disagree with or criticize. Obviously you have been disenchanted pretty quickly with flirting for success. I would just want to encourage you not to give up or lose your natural, easy demeanor just because sleazy men choose to call you a cock tease or whatever just because you don't want to give them a hand job. Be who you are. Screw the men and what they think. Like you said, you are a beautiful young woman with charisma and power. When you're sitting on this guy's lap, he'll tell you you are the most special and beautiful woman in the world. And when you refuse to go out to dinner with him, you are suddenly a no-talent nobody who's too fat or too thin or just not all that interesting anymore! Don't worry! One down, a thousand more to go. When you leave that man and his outdated concepts behind, you pave a whole new path for women in the future, for women to be strong and beautiful in their OWN way...

These boots are made for walkin...

Apr 29 06 05:25 am Link