Forums > General Industry > Talk about overreacting:

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

From a model's portfolio:

"I AM NOT INTERESTED IN ANY TYPE OF NUDE WORK WHATSOEVER! ALL NUDE OFFERS WILL BE REPORTED TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES AND THEN FORWARDED TO THE FBI!"

The model has her age listed as 27.

Apr 25 06 10:22 pm Link

Model

ak68

Bossier City, Louisiana, US

oopps

Apr 25 06 10:25 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Is her nudity a matter of national security? LOL. I'd say that's over-reacting!

big_smile

oohhh, ooohh, I know....Osama is hiding under her dress!

Apr 25 06 10:26 pm Link

Model

ak68

Bossier City, Louisiana, US

Wow!!!

I agree, a bit on the panic button it seems.   At least it is out there so no one will waste their time, yes. smile  Hard to imagine one going through life all worked up such as that though.  Takes all kinds I suppose.

Cheers

Ak

Apr 25 06 10:26 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Nude or otherwise, I'd like to thank that model for her warning to *not* work with her. Holy crap! Nothing good could come of that...

Drama...

Apr 25 06 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Does she look young?
My guess is she is underage and is used to myspace. On myspace it is a common practice for minors to state their age as any number over 18. This is because of pedos using the age search function to look for minors.She probably got hit on by a lot of pedos when she used her real age on myspace.

Apr 25 06 10:46 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Hubbard

Buffalo, New York, US

*ring* *ring*
Phone: FBI, Agent Johnson.
Model: Yes, I'm a model and I'd like to report a major crime. I was asked to pose nude.
FBI: ....and?
Model: I don't do nudes. I want them investigated, and arrested, and locked up for 1,000 years. They are icky evil perverts, and I want them poonished, now now now.
FBI: Uh....you do realize prank calling the Feds is a crime?
Model: I'm serious! Now get off your lazy donut eating butts and do something! Arrest this pervert! I want him deaded!
FBI: *Click*

Kinda how I see that convo going.  The Feds have more important things to worry about than this I think.

Apr 25 06 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

R. Olson (RO)

Seattle, Washington, US

John Jebbia wrote:

"I AM NOT INTERESTED IN ANY TYPE OF NUDE WORK WHATSOEVER! ALL NUDE OFFERS WILL BE REPORTED TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES AND THEN FORWARDED TO THE FBI!"

This model dealt with you previously, John? LOL

Apr 25 06 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
Does she look young?
My guess is she is underage and is used to myspace. On myspace it is a common practice for minors to state their age as any number over 18. This is because of pedos using the age search function to look for minors.She probably got hit on by a lot of pedos when she used her real age on myspace.

She looks over 21. Looks like she has implants.

Apr 25 06 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

John Jebbia wrote:

She looks over 21. Looks like she has implants.

havent you seen that 90210 makeover show? they give girls implants at like 15-16 these days.

Apr 25 06 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

i think she ended any chance of getting ANY offers

Apr 25 06 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
havent you seen that 90210 makeover show? they give girls implants at like 15-16 these days.

If she's 15 or 16, I will slam my pecker in the sliding glass door. Trust me, this chick isn't under 18. I'd show you, but I've closed out the window and don't feel like trying to her again.

Apr 25 06 11:13 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Hubbard

Buffalo, New York, US

BTW, does anyone have contact information on the "Department of Nude Requests"?

big_smile

Apr 25 06 11:14 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Bob Hubbard wrote:
*ring* *ring*
Model: Yes, I'm a model and I'd like to report a major crime. I was asked to pose nude.
Model: I don't do nudes. I want them investigated, and arrested, and locked up for 1,000 years. They are icky evil perverts, and I want them poonished, now now now.
Model: I'm serious! Now get off your lazy donut eating butts and do something! Arrest this pervert! I want him deaded!

Kinda how I see that convo going.  The Feds have more important things to worry about than this I think.

That is hilarious!  tongue   ROFLMAO!   

I called the FBI when my website was hacked.  Even though I was upset about it, there has to be at least $5,000 in damages before they will even take it up.  It was a very good lesson to learn!

Apr 25 06 11:15 pm Link

Model

Paola Gastmeier

Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada

LOL!!!!! that is ridiculous!

Apr 25 06 11:18 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I always thought nice tits were a matter of national importance, but jeez.

Apr 25 06 11:21 pm Link

Model

Kiersten Weaver

Fort Lewis, Washington, US

Bob Hubbard wrote:
*ring* *ring*

Yeah I agree I see it going ALOT like that.  Some poeple need to calm down.

Apr 25 06 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

Andy Meng

Tampa, Florida, US

I only see one model commenting in here, so I'll have to speak on behalf of 3 models who have shared their e-mails with me.  If anyone recalls some of the stupid e-mails I posted about models wanting me to hire them, give them all images etc. etc, here is the other side.

Even with all that overkill on the no nudes, bet that more than half her inquiries are for nude work.  Like it's the "photographers" (as opposed to real photographers) that make these statements happen.  I would see that as a statement of frustration rather than arrogance.

A "photographer" is a GWC whose main intention is to get the model nekkie. 

But no, Mr GWC, you don't qualify in this group cause you have a sense of humor.  smile

So honestly, rather than plasting this model for a statement like that, why not consider all options and see if maybe you should pity her for what she's had to endure in trying to get non-nude work?

Worth considering, I hope.

Andy

Apr 25 06 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

Andy Meng

Tampa, Florida, US

But yea, the FBI bit is over the top.

Apr 25 06 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

I'm sorry, but I am a female photographer who doesn't have any requirements for nudity to shoot with someone, and something worded that strongly would NOT make me feel sorry for her.

It would make me want to stay as far away from her as possible. She just doesn't sound like someone who would be fun to shoot. Even from a 'tfp' standpoint, it is crucial to me that i feel that I will 'click' with the model and they and I will have fun...If I am paying someone, there is no way in HELL I would put up with an attitude like that.

And, with that in her profile, it sure as hell doesn't sound like she has an idea in her head to pay ME to shoot what SHE wants to shoot.

Apr 25 06 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Ched wrote:

They were when Clinton was in office.

Apr 25 06 11:35 pm Link

Model

The Elfling

Austin, Indiana, US

Angel Tara wrote:
Is her nudity a matter of national security? LOL. I'd say that's over-reacting!

big_smile

oohhh, ooohh, I know....Osama is hiding under her dress!

HAH!!!!

That almost made me shoot soda out of my nose.

Apr 26 06 12:45 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Ched wrote:

In Venezuella they actually are a matter of national importance.  Pretty much any and all vanity surgery is covered by state medical insurance.  Boob job, tummy tuck, electrolysis...If it makes women look "better" the government will pay for it!

Meanwhile, I'm still paying off a three-day hospital stay for pneumonia from 1999.  PA Health and Welfare decided the lung catheter was an "elective procedure."

Apr 26 06 07:29 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

John Jebbia wrote:

Does anyone else think her boyfriend/manager/sluggo was standing behind her when she wrote that?

Apr 26 06 07:31 am Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Maybe she thinks the FBI would also like to see her naked? Or maybe she would like to be in their "Girls of the FBI" nude calendar?

Apr 26 06 07:34 am Link

Photographer

Olaf S

Allentown, Pennsylvania, US

Oh man...send me her name!  I'm going to ask her to do nudes and see what happens! 

Or maybe we could get GWC to ask her!  That would be even better!!!

This could get very amusing...

Apr 26 06 07:54 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Olaf S wrote:
Oh man...send me her name!  I'm going to ask her to do nudes and see what happens! 

Or maybe we could get GWC to ask her!  That would be even better!!!

This could get very amusing...

I believe GWC has a slammin' shoot with Gretchen Mol this weekend, so he's pretty booked up.

Apr 26 06 07:58 am Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Yeah we should all ask her to pose nude and see what happens! lol

Apr 26 06 07:59 am Link

Photographer

Olaf S

Allentown, Pennsylvania, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

I believe GWC has a slammin' shoot with Gretchen Mol this weekend, so he's pretty booked up.

Yeah, I think you're right, I read about that.  I wish I could get those shoots....

Apr 26 06 08:02 am Link

Model

Brigitte_BM

Los Angeles, California, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Hmm what a dumb *insert curse word here*

Apr 26 06 08:04 am Link

Photographer

adm2

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

They are everywhere..

Subject: available for tfcd?

adm2
01/21/06 7:48 AM
(Message read)  Hi (model),
Thanks for the friends request. I did check out your portfolio and would be  interested in working with you for tfcd if you travel to this area. Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss schedules and details.
Doris

(model)
01/21/06 10:12 AM
nude?

adm2
01/21/06 12:01 PM
(Message read)  I didn't have nude in mind when I wrote, but rather, a variety of styles... casual, fashion, glamour/maxim. If you are interested in doing lingerie and nude we can also shoot those.

(model)
01/21/06 12:05 PM
how much?
and where?

(model)
01/21/06 12:05 PM
no nude

adm2
01/21/06 3:51 PM
(Message read)  how much-TFCD
where- gta east

I never asked you for nudes.

End of discussion..never heard back from her.

Apr 26 06 08:04 am Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

I love how you ask to shoot TFCD and she asks how much lol. How much what?

Apr 26 06 08:06 am Link

Photographer

adm2

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Afterward it occurred to me she meant 'how much' would I be paying her..

Apr 26 06 08:10 am Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

TFCD does NOT mean time for cash/dollars

Apr 26 06 08:12 am Link

Photographer

adm2

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

just as an aside...she still has only the few original shots she started her port with in January

Apr 26 06 08:16 am Link

Model

Jason D.

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

You know guys, this model might have been kidding.  Perhaps she thought by making such an outlandish statement, it would be apparent that she was merely exaggerating (though, it might have been a good idea on her part to make it completely obvious that she was joking) .  Just a thought smile
J.

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

i sorta feel like the angy uncle who would always bluster "THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IN J EDGAR HOOVER'S FBI!!"

also, this sort of reminds me of the recording that was circulating the internet a while back of the woman who called 911 when Burger King got her cheeseburger orders wrong twice in a row.
that's some good perspective there, people.

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

We should all ask her to pose nude. Then when she reports all of us to the FBI, she may get on the FBI's "Ten Most Stupid People" list.

mjr.

Apr 26 06 08:19 am Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

She like TOTALLY no-showed me. So there I was with my MUA (Cathy, our head waitress who is like totally awesome with eyeshadow) and my camera and my light and we waited and waited and she DIDNT EVEN CALL TO TELL US SHE WAS LATE. In fact she still hasnt showed up yet but I am going to give that b*ch another hour and file a missing persons report with the FBI or something.

By the way I get those threats about calling the FBI all the time. I guess its all the amature models who want to work with me and they always are like "I am GONNA tell the FBI you wanted me to pose g/g with the statue of blind JUSTICE on the front of the DOJ headquarters in DC"   And I get a lot of those "NO NUDES" kinda things from all the hollywood starlets I work with. Like I was shooting with Kirsten Dunst the other day and asked her to take her top off and she was like "let me call my agent" and I was like "baby you can call spiderman, as long as you get that top off, heh heh" and would you belive that childish little brat LEFT MY SHOOT? I mean she just WALKED OFF. If I hadnt had a wireless camera in the changing room I would have totally gotten no shots of her at all!!!!

Models just arent up to the standards that they used to be. sad

GWC!!!

Apr 26 06 08:34 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Bob Hubbard wrote:
*ring* *ring*

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/UdoRPhotoArchive/MakingAPointGifs/ROTFLMAO-24.gif

Apr 26 06 11:46 am Link