Forums > General Industry > breast size on mm

Model

Hourglass

Huntington Beach, California, US

Am I the only one that thinks in the 'measurement' section of a models profile that it should display cup size?? Granted a lot of models lie, but not all do. Models have to be comfortable with thier bodies, its part of the game. I'm proud to be naturally chesty. (32DD)
Does anyone agree with me??

Apr 25 06 11:24 am Link

Photographer

William Bell

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Yes, as a general rule it would be helpful to have both the number and cup size, but with photos it is pretty easy to figure that out.

Bill

Apr 25 06 11:34 am Link

Model

Lorna Bailey

Montreal, Wisconsin, US

32 E here! lol..and yah...just look at the photos..plp and photogs should be able to tell!

Apr 25 06 11:41 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Hourglass wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks in the 'measurement' section of a models profile that it should display cup size?? Granted a lot of models lie, but not all do. Models have to be comfortable with thier bodies, its part of the game. I'm proud to be naturally chesty. (32DD)
Does anyone agree with me??

Well, for the purposes of full disclosure.. I guess I'm probably a B cup.. (LOL.. Mmmm, manboobs!).. j/k

Wow, a model from Modesto..  I grew up there and I never once thought of that place and photography.. Shows what I know..  Turlock, too, has more beautiful models here than I'd have ever imagined..

Still waiting for Turlock to represent.. wink

Apr 25 06 11:45 am Link

Photographer

Eros Artist Photography

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

Sure - when the tog or client needs to provide wardrobe - makes things much easier.

Bill Ballard
Blue Water Photography
Savannah, GA
[email protected]

Apr 25 06 11:48 am Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

Blue Water Photography wrote:
Sure - when the tog or client needs to provide wardrobe - makes things much easier.

Yes, I agree. It could be helpful then. Otherwise, I think the pictures do a pretty good job.

Apr 25 06 11:51 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

36 d and proud....no saggin as of now smile

Apr 25 06 12:47 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

It should be posted here because you cant always tell from pictures. If the model has an OMP link though you can check it there. 36C.....wish I was just a teensy bit bigger.   sad

Apr 25 06 12:50 pm Link

Model

luv2bfitt

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

Claire Elizabeth wrote:
It should be posted here because you cant always tell from pictures. If the model has an OMP link though you can check it there. 36C.....wish I was just a teensy bit bigger.   sad

I can relate, but seriously Claire, you're perfect......

Apr 25 06 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

MartinCoatesIV

Panama City Beach, Florida, US

Claire Elizabeth wrote:

Never doubt perfection.

Apr 25 06 12:55 pm Link

Model

Leftpinkytoe

Portland, Oregon, US

That's something I wondered about when I first filled out my profile, actually... it asks for "Chest" and "cup size". I'm a D-cup, but when I enter that, it lists me as 39D, when 39 is my bust measurement, not my bra band size.

I just went with straight measurements because it seemed confusing, but I can see where cup size would matter...

Apr 25 06 12:55 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

luv2bfitt wrote:

I can relate, but seriously Claire, you're perfect......

Aw thank you! Can't help wishing though. Especially when I just posed with a D cup model. *jealous* lol

Apr 25 06 01:04 pm Link

Model

PorchiaCorine

Portsmouth, Virginia, US

Yeah im a proud 36DD (no sagging ppl, trying to keep it that way)....and Ive had a couple of photographers say..."wow I didnt know your chest was that big, it didnt look like it from the images, we might have to find you another top" So I guess it would help to have the cup size up there, cause sometimes you cant tell!

Apr 25 06 01:09 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Porchia wrote:
Yeah im a proud 36DD (no sagging ppl, trying to keep it that way)....and Ive had a couple of photographers say..."wow I didnt know your chest was that big, it didnt look like it from the images, we might have to find you another top" So I guess it would help to have the cup size up there, cause sometimes you cant tell!

yet another lucky lady!! *still jealous*

Apr 25 06 01:10 pm Link

Model

PorchiaCorine

Portsmouth, Virginia, US

Claire Elizabeth wrote:

yet another lucky lady!! *still jealous*

No need to be Im sure the other ladies will tell you it is both a blessing and a curse! LOL! "Hello my face is up here" "Ouch, my back really hurts" sad

Apr 25 06 01:18 pm Link

Model

PollyR

London, Arkansas, US

you are all lucky ladies with your cup size, i'm weeny... when i read about women unhappy with their c- cup, i just think wow, what would you do if you were smaller? would u have a boob job? its something thats crossed my mind, but i wouldnt ever go for it! iv never really understood the hype surrounding big/small breasts, i think all are beautiful! .. but do agree it may useful to include a cup size so there are no hassles at shoots, although it can always be discussed beforehand!

Apr 25 06 01:23 pm Link

Model

Raffi

Penzance, England, United Kingdom

umm 34 A, small but perfect.  in my opinion

Apr 25 06 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Blei Photography

Seattle, Washington, US

It is easy to figure out by looking at the images, but it would be nice to simply be able to look at the stats and from there redirect to the images.

I've often thought while shopping through the catelogue that I wish I could see the cup size.  I would also like to see a quick reference to the models' comfort level on nudity (i.e., no nudity, artistic, whatever),  I think this could help some of the girls keep the creep factor a little lower.

Tony

Apr 25 06 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

M Coleman Photography

Olympia, Washington, US

"Wow, a model from Modesto..  I grew up there and I never once thought of that place and photography.. Shows what I know..  Turlock, too, has more beautiful models here than I'd have ever imagined.. "

That's funny.... I grew up there too. Camden Corners... I didn't get into photographing models until recent though.  I've always been a wildlife and landscape photog.
Back to the subject at hand though... It would be helpful for wardrobe issues. Claire Elizabeth, I think you look awsome just the way you are.  I generally prefer the smaller cup sizes personally.

Model

Leftpinkytoe

Portland, Oregon, US

Porchia wrote:

No need to be Im sure the other ladies will tell you it is both a blessing and a curse! LOL! "Hello my face is up here" "Ouch, my back really hurts" sad

LOL! I totally agree; big boobs definitely have their down side. I don't even want to talk about the last time I shopped for a new shirt ;p

Photographer

Tony Blei Photography

Seattle, Washington, US

Claire Elizabeth wrote:
... 36C.....wish I was just a teensy bit bigger.   sad

What are you talking about?!!!

Go look at your pictures.  You have great size/shape!

Apr 25 06 01:31 pm Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

32 A and perfectly content. They match by body frame.

Apr 25 06 01:33 pm Link

Model

PorchiaCorine

Portsmouth, Virginia, US

SarahG wrote:

LOL! I totally agree; big boobs definitely have their down side. I don't even want to talk about the last time I shopped for a new shirt ;p

Girl shirt shopping is hell to me, thats why I stick with shoes as my fetish, at least I know that they will look right on me, as opposed to shirts where even a large can be to small depending on how they are made, that pisses me off big time! sad

Apr 25 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Frisson

You could always put the official "36A" or "42H" in your profile bit. From AAs to JJs you're all perfect.

Terry

Apr 25 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Tamara Fiset

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Yes cup size would be helpful when shopping for shoots especially lingerie or swimwear.

Apr 25 06 01:44 pm Link

Model

Void SansAnge

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

i agree cup size would be helpful and should be on here....
i wonder why they haven't done it already?

i'm a 34 F cup... they're huge, but i wouldn't ever change em!
thanks mom! lol

Apr 25 06 01:50 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

SarahG wrote:

Girl shirt shopping is hell to me, thats why I stick with shoes as my fetish, at least I know that they will look right on me, as opposed to shirts where even a large can be to small depending on how they are made, that pisses me off big time! sad

Hey us little boob people have the reverse problem! I find shirts that look hot and then I don't fill them out properly! I suppose at least I can get a bra that helps a bit.

I'm a (mostly) happy 32mostlyA. I love my boobs, the fashion industry just doesn't!!

More than a handful is a waste anyway tongue

Apr 25 06 01:54 pm Link

Model

Envy Kitten

Fresno, California, US

36 b here but i can also where a cups and c cups all depends on the bra and how i want it to fit!! and for swim wear some women wear really tiny tops so does it really matter that much! smile smile

Apr 25 06 01:56 pm Link

Model

Lillith Leda

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

I would imagine only if wardrobe was being provided that knowing the exact measurements be necessary. Otherwise....??!!! tongue

Apr 25 06 01:56 pm Link

Model

Envy Kitten

Fresno, California, US

36 b here but i can also where a cups and c cups all depends on the bra and how i want it to fit!! and for swim wear some women wear really tiny tops so does it really matter that much! smile smile

Apr 25 06 01:57 pm Link

Model

Shauna Carlo

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I agree it should say cup size too. I look smaller in some photos then what I am so you can't always tell just by looking at a photo.

Apr 25 06 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

photographybyfrank

Clearwater, Florida, US

The way i see it A and B cups are the 2 most perfect sizes any thing bigger will hang well maybe not a small C.So for you woman who fall into A,B and small C cup thank your lucky stars
and thats just one guys opinion
ps ,yes cup size should be used

Apr 25 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

Visual E

Wellington, Colorado, US

PollyR wrote:
...  iv never really understood the hype surrounding big/small breasts, i think all are beautiful!

Too right! 

I tend to look more at waist, hip, weight and height measurements if I don't have a figure photo.

But measurements are used by designers selecting models to display their clothes.

Apr 25 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

Benedict

Norwich, England, United Kingdom

To all the women wanting bigger, tis shape not size that makes a nice breast.

Apr 25 06 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

If you're going out to buy clothes for your model, I would assume that means you've been in contact with them to agree to the shoot.  Can't you just ask them then?

Apr 25 06 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Claire Elizabeth wrote:

Aw thank you! Can't help wishing though. Especially when I just posed with a D cup model. *jealous* lol

I recently photographed a 32A, 5' 10" model both nude and clothed.  She was a great model and I got some great photos!!  I don't think breast size is that important if you have a good model and she loves modeling.  We had a great time shooting!!

Apr 25 06 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

ChristopherRoss

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Claire Elizabeth wrote:

no! don't even think that. 36C is perfect, heck any size is perfect.

i love your portfolio btw, lovely.

Apr 25 06 02:22 pm Link

Model

PorchiaCorine

Portsmouth, Virginia, US

NC17 wrote:

Hey us little boob people have the reverse problem! I find shirts that look hot and then I don't fill them out properly! I suppose at least I can get a bra that helps a bit.

I'm a (mostly) happy 32mostlyA. I love my boobs, the fashion industry just doesn't!!

More than a handful is a waste anyway tongue

Yeah I would imagine how that would get on your nerves as well, but like you said you all have a bra that can fix that, us we just have to live with it or hope that they invent a deflattable bra one day....hey *lightbulb just went on* maybe I can invent that, any takers on my idea...would you buy one! LOL!

Apr 25 06 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

***lick a shot for all ass men in the house***

Apr 25 06 03:01 pm Link

Model

Envy Kitten

Fresno, California, US

i think my behind is my best asses before my chest!! but thats just me!! as lond as there in propotion i think thats what matters and natural full breat are the best!! fake breat can look nice but theres nothing worse than a bad boob job!!!!!!!!

Apr 25 06 03:06 pm Link