Forums > General Industry > WHY...WHY Oh Why....Post our real age...geeeeeesh

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Nerlande wrote:
I'm 15...

so what

smile

Note to self:  Be careful.  Nerlande is FBI.

Apr 05 06 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Apr 05 06 09:47 pm Link

Model

Lynn Elizabeth

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Intensity wrote:
Well I am 19  and the photographers never really believe me they  say I look like I am 14 when they see me in person. They always ask me for I.D. with that suspicious look in their face and I'm like do you want to see birth certificate now. lol

I get the same thing. I'm 19 and look very young. I'm used to it though.

Apr 05 06 09:52 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

Josie Nutter wrote:
Personally, I don't see what the obssession with age is all about.

As long as you know whether someone is 18+ or not, who cares?  You should be able to look at recent photos to determine whether or not you think the model is going to work for your project (or, I dunno... meet in person?!) rather than base assumptions on a number on a webpage.

I'm always asking people if they check references before working with someone.  Most say no (wtf?).  If a model is much older looking in person than the photos in his/her portfolio reflect, that sort of thing is super easy to find out IF you do a bit of asking around.

An airport security guard tried to kick my guy and I out of the drinking+gambling area next to our gate because he did not believe we were over 21.  Seattle people get less sun... less sun = less skin damage = younger appearance.  I'd rather be judged solely on my looks when being considered for a shoot than --like I said-- a number on a webpage somewhere.

Hmmm...maybe that is why I look so young. I don't get out in the sun much, due to my genes. I've got a lot of Irish blood in me, and have really pale skin, red hair, and I freckle and burn when I'm in the sun for a long time. I refuse to tan at a tanning booth, and I am quite fond of my pale ivory skin.

About the statement about Seattle people getting less sun, I can see some truth in that, as when I was up there visiting family a couple of years ago, it was mostly cloudy for the entire two weeks we were there. I still love that area, though, because there is so much to do, so much to see, and the ocean air made my sinuses so clear!

Apr 05 06 10:46 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Naomi Jay wrote:
I am 38 but put 33 for search reasons. I tell all photographers that contact me upfront I am 38. No one does a search passed 35 and I do look younger than 38.

That's why.

thats cool.. but I search often for 35 to 50 year old models to shoot.. I prefer the "Mature" women for my most creative stuff... but they are few and far between to find and even work with..

Apr 05 06 11:22 pm Link

Model

mo li ca

i'm really 15... the 25 was a typo!!!

Apr 05 06 11:33 pm Link