Forums > General Industry > whats the sexiest thing about a model?

Model

elisabeth1986

Charleston, Arkansas, US

I know it depends on the model, but in every photo of every model i think the eyes are the sexiest thing... unless ur a sexy guy lol wink`

Apr 04 06 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

elisabeth1986 wrote:
in every photo of every model i think the eyes are the sexiest thing...

What???

Apr 04 06 12:09 pm Link

Model

elisabeth1986

Charleston, Arkansas, US

what what? did u expect me to say their vagina or penis? come on

Apr 04 06 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

Her brain ( in case there's one) smile

Apr 04 06 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Bravery..  At least from the perspective of this mega-shy socialphobe (internet doesn't count).. 

To be willing and able to get in front of a camera and not only expose yourself but trust in the photographer and creative team to be a vehicle for whatever sort of imagery they're trying to produce (and some of it is pretty bizarre)..

That's just hot.

Apr 04 06 12:18 pm Link

Photographer

byReno

Arlington Heights, Illinois, US

Eyes and lips.  It's all in the expression.

Apr 04 06 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Confidence.

Apr 04 06 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

David A

Pleasant Grove, Utah, US

Lips are a close second.

Apr 04 06 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

Visual E

Wellington, Colorado, US

elisabeth1986 wrote:
whats the sexiest thing about a model?

It's their attitude of course.  Every model can look sexy if they have the right attitude.  Sexy is a brain thing.

Apr 04 06 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

David Velez

New York, New York, US

Visual E nailed it. It's all about attitude. The inner beauty, the confidence, the "look" all are from attitude and I would rather be working with a model with a strong sexy inner attitude than a model that just has the right body shape or whatever. We see shots all the time from beautiful looking women but they have one look in their portfolios with no attitude and they certainly do not pull off sexy.

Apr 04 06 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Philip of Dallas

Dallas, Texas, US

Easy: her mind . . .  which also happens to be the hardest thing to capture in a photo.

Apr 04 06 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Far West Imaging

Laguna Hills, California, US

I agree.  Attitude.

Apr 04 06 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

northern clicker

Anchorage, Alaska, US

Yeah. Attitude. And here's a cool 1996 quote from Peter Lindbergh, from the Pirelli Calendar Complete Works book. Peter Lindbergh rocks.

"Nothing is sexier than personality. The woman that has the courage to be herself is automatically sexy, even without high heels and a miniskirt."

Apr 04 06 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

The OP asked for just one thing, but I'm answering with 3:  Legs, butt and courage.  Look, the mental and spiritual stuff is important, but if a model has stubby legs or a flat butt, that will detract from her sexiness...in the real world.  But a model with the legs, the butt and a courageous, in-your-face attitude has got sexiness that the camera will capture.

Boobies are nice, too.  :-)

Apr 04 06 01:35 pm Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

Attitude
Confidence
Lips
Legs
Eyes
Bone Structure

Apr 04 06 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

smanseau

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Looknsee Photography wrote:
Confidence.

Could'nt say better

Apr 04 06 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

northern clicker

Anchorage, Alaska, US

William Coleman wrote:
The OP asked for just one thing, but I'm answering with 3:  Legs, butt and courage.  Look, the mental and spiritual stuff is important, but if a model has stubby legs or a flat butt, that will detract from her sexiness...in the real world.  But a model with the legs, the butt and a courageous, in-your-face attitude has got sexiness that the camera will capture.

ehhhh... No.  Take a picture of the MODEL'S SEXINESS, which is inherent if she has attitude. ADD to that all the stuff US MALES WANT (and some females), which is (yay!!) butt, legs, lips, boobies, etc... disregard/crop the stuff she doesn't have...pose accordingly... be nice...

A model with good parts AND ATTITUDE is more... versatile to the photog. A model with good attitude is still sexy, albeit limited. A model with good parts and bad attitude is a CRIME!!!  ;-)

Apr 04 06 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

northern clicker

Anchorage, Alaska, US

William Coleman wrote:

ehhhh... IMHO, No.  Take a picture of the MODEL'S SEXINESS, which is inherent if she has attitude. ADD to that all the stuff US MALES WANT (and some females), which is (yay!!) eyes, butt, legs, lips, boobies, etc... disregard/crop the stuff she doesn't have...pose accordingly... be nice...

A model with good parts AND ATTITUDE is more... versatile to the photog. A model with good attitude is still sexy, albeit limited. A model with good parts and bad attitude is a CRIME!!!  ;-)

Apr 04 06 01:43 pm Link

Model

Lamar Scott

New York, New York, US

Im a sucker for eyes personally.

Apr 04 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

northern clicker

Anchorage, Alaska, US

sorry for the double post!  wanted to make sure i said,  IMHO!!

Apr 04 06 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Marvin Dockery

Alcoa, Tennessee, US

A well shaped tummy

Apr 04 06 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Old Ska Punk

Crivitz, Wisconsin, US

His/her checkbook.

Apr 04 06 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

armpit hair

Apr 04 06 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

Chu Toi

Los Angeles, California, US

elisabeth1986 wrote:
what what? did u expect me to say their vagina or penis? come on

No- you come on.

WHAT WHAT WHAT? You're the one that said the eyes "unless your a sexy guy" right, Right? So what are you saying, exactly.

***god, idiots***
-Napoleon Dynamite

Apr 04 06 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

northern clicker

Anchorage, Alaska, US

Christopher Bush wrote:
armpit hair

I take back all my yammering and throw in with ARMPIT HAIR!!

Apr 04 06 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Personality.

Lots of people said "attitude" and I agree to some degree. But I think "attitude" is only the tip of the iceberg of personality.

Even when a model has the ability to project the right "attitude" on camera it won't matter if her personality sucks and she rubs the photographer the wrong way.

Personality is the foundation from which all the attitude and confidence originates. A model has to be a decent human being with a respectable personality. That's hot. That's beautiful. That's sexy. The best models I've shot with all have great personalities first and foremost. I've shot with some average-looking models with amazing personalities and get better images from them than I produce with breathtaking-looking models who are bitchy and no fun.

The wonderful thing about being a hobbist is that I can just send bitchy models away and stop the shoot because there is never a paid client there waiting to get the right results! Woohoo! Go me! If it's not fun, I don't shoot it.

Apr 04 06 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Well said Eric.

-D

Apr 04 06 08:08 pm Link

Model

Cherry B

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
Confidence.

Apr 04 06 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Are you taking the piss out of me?!

Everything!

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Apr 04 06 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

John FuentesPhotography

Corona, California, US

Curves and Eyes...

Apr 04 06 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

Viper Studios

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

When a woman can look at you and communicate that she would (fill in the blank)
fuck you, hold you, kiss you, love you till you turned grey, feed you, wipe your chin, smack your ass, smack your face for thinking that, punch you in the mouth, poke your eye out, love you till the end of time, and generally feed you meat loaf five nights a week, burnt to a crisp, and make you ask for seconds

and

when you look at the photo, you KNOW exactly what she means as if you and she where joined by mental telepathy.....that's sexy.

If you have ever been looking across the room at a really attactive lady, and she makes eye contact with you, and she KNOWS that you are looking at her, and she KNOWS what you are thinking, and She gives you that quick little smirk like "I would if I could but I can't and you know it, but thank's for asking and I hope you enjoyed yourself and have a nice day" and goes back to what she is doing, and as she gets up to leave she walks almost to the door, and takes one look back and gives you wink before she walks out the door, and out your life, never to seen again, and you feel the desperate need to throw all caution to wind, and leave your wife, and your kid, and your job, and whoever it is at the table you are sitting with, on the desperate hope that maybe you and she could have a life together or maybe just a moment in time, but you don't, and a year later when you are in the same place you remember that moment like it was seared on your brain with a hot poker.....that's sexy.

I've met a couple of models who could give you that "look" and the camera could actually capture it.

It's rare.

It can be harnessed by some.

It's what all great romeo/juliet.....wedding planner.....date movies are about.

That unrealistic hope and dream that Mr. Right is living in the apartment just below you and maybe you will bump into him on the elevator, or at the mailbox, or grab a cab together and fall in love.

You know it when you see it.

Mark

Apr 04 06 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
Personality.

Lots of people said "attitude" and I agree to some degree. But I think "attitude" is only the tip of the iceberg of personality.

Even when a model has the ability to project the right "attitude" on camera it won't matter if her personality sucks and she rubs the photographer the wrong way.

Personality is the foundation from which all the attitude and confidence originates. A model has to be a decent human being with a respectable personality. That's hot. That's beautiful. That's sexy. The best models I've shot with all have great personalities first and foremost. I've shot with some average-looking models with amazing personalities and get better images from them than I produce with breathtaking-looking models who are bitchy and no fun.

The wonderful thing about being a hobbist is that I can just send bitchy models away and stop the shoot because there is never a paid client there waiting to get the right results! Woohoo! Go me! If it's not fun, I don't shoot it.

There you have it.

Apr 04 06 08:23 pm Link

Model

B|iss

Nashville, Tennessee, US

"What I have to say is far more important than how long my eyelashes are."

-Alanis Morissette

Apr 04 06 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Morningstar

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

My hat's off to those who answered Self-confidence, I would also add "Familiaritythe model has with her/his body and how it looks to the camera/audience" take either one of those away and you have less than a professional model.
My 2 cents-

Apr 04 06 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

Chu Toi

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

I think that is the best mission statement I've ever read.

Apr 04 06 08:43 pm Link

Model

elisabeth1986

Charleston, Arkansas, US

Chu Toi wrote:

No- you come on.

WHAT WHAT WHAT? You're the one that said the eyes "unless your a sexy guy" right, Right? So what are you saying, exactly.

***god, idiots***
-Napoleon Dynamite

I meant a sexy guy to me has a nice stomach and chest. I after my orginial post someone said what. thats why i asked what what. I wasn't getting hateful i was playing so don't come jump my ass. it was a question and wasn't meant to be perverted.

Apr 04 06 10:18 pm Link

Model

vanessa acey

New York, New York, US

its all about the personality of a model.. you can tell by looking at pictures if the model has a good personality.. because the pictures show it, no matter if they are coming across as sexy, fun, excited.. etc. some pictures i see of models- they look so dead. like they have a blank look on their face with nothing behind their eyes.

Apr 04 06 10:27 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Christopher Bush wrote:
armpit hair

LOL that would explain the last name hehe

Apr 04 06 10:41 pm Link

Model

Carmilla

Highland, California, US

Hands. Hands can make or break a person's whole look for me. You're not pretty unless you have pretty hands.

Apr 04 06 10:45 pm Link

Model

MissMae

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I was thinkin the sexiest thing for a model is the unibrow. I mean that is more rare than a fat redhead in eithiopia.

But really, the uniqueness counts on the sexy scale for me personally. and eyebrows frame the face and either detract or add to the other features.

Apr 04 06 10:47 pm Link