Forums > General Industry > whats the sexiest thing about a model?

Photographer

Jwill266

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Belly button on a ripped tummy.

Apr 04 06 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey McAlister

Boston, Massachusetts, US

So far these answers are all too simplistic and make us look like knee jerk dopes.... the sexiiest thing about a good model is her ability to connect. When the energy is good a model feels what is being asked for or sought by that photographer... maybe he's told her... but I think it's more about feel. When the connection happens it's felt physically and intellectually... the model hears the photographer react, feels and hears his pace and focus change, feels herself repsond with more of whatever that thing is that's working in the camera. Every good model I've worked with brought alot to start but then blossomed when she felt that connection, and then fed it willingly because she needs to to be amazing, beautiful, and good at her craft. That hunger is what makes a model sexy.... in the Biz they cal that, "IT".

Apr 04 06 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Individuality, spirit.

Apr 05 06 10:10 am Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

Isys Entertainment wrote:

LOL that would explain the last name hehe

there could be worse interpretations....

Apr 05 06 01:06 pm Link

Model

Angie Borras

Kissimmee, Florida, US

Lips
eyes
Personality

Apr 05 06 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

s. jenx

Morton, Pennsylvania, US

Sorry I don't see models like that.  They are shapes and tones...but I guess that is just my opinion.

Apr 05 06 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Chen

Chicago, Illinois, US

Facial expression, attitude, and pose (what you see and more importantly, what you don't see).  A fully clothed model can still look very sexy...
Thanks,
Dave

Apr 05 06 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Tamara Fiset

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

an open mind,soulfull eyes and versatility

Apr 05 06 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
Confidence.

I also say confidence.

Apr 05 06 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Kelcher

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Whats the sexiest thing about a model?  I'm sure it's different for everyone, but, for me, it's more of a "time" thing than a "what" thing.  She's sexiest at that point in time when she kicks her panties across the floor of the studio.

Apr 05 06 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Unattainability.

That comes with a beautifully executed image.

Apr 05 06 05:06 pm Link

Model

Samanthasthe1

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Sexiest thing???...their overall appeal....being able to seduce or exude confidence.

Apr 05 06 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

why are we mixing apples and oranges, inner qualities vs. physical qualities, as if one is superior to the other. The best attitude in the world will not save a model who is physically unnattractive, and the hottest babe or dude may not get much booking if they're an asshole to be around.

Here's a brilliant idea:

Two Catagories:

Sexiest Inner Quality and Sexiest Outer Quality

give me a gold star on my forehead and an extra graham cracker for snacks

IMHO

Sexiest Inner Quality, can I make her laugh, bring out her joy, her exuberance at being at the shoot, even if we're shooting something sad I want her to be happy inside

Sexiest Outer Quality: LEGS, and eyes, but definetly LEGS

Apr 05 06 05:17 pm Link

Model

Miss Christina

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Beauty and sexy goes hand in hand for me. But not all beautiful people are sexy and vice versa.
I can't even pinpoint it. I know it when I see it smile

Apr 05 06 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Xtreme-websites

Sunbury, England, United Kingdom

long nails are the most sexy part of a model

Apr 05 06 05:30 pm Link

Model

Michèle lustforlife

New York, New York, US

vanscottie wrote:
why are we mixing apples and oranges, inner qualities vs. physical qualities, as if one is superior to the other. The best attitude in the world will not save a model who is physically unnattractive, and the hottest babe or dude may not get much booking if they're an asshole to be around.

Here's a brilliant idea:

Two Catagories:

Sexiest Inner Quality and Sexiest Outer Quality

give me a gold star on my forehead and an extra graham cracker for snacks

IMHO

Sexiest Inner Quality, can I make her laugh, bring out her joy, her exuberance at being at the shoot, even if we're shooting something sad I want her to be happy inside

Sexiest Outer Quality: LEGS, and eyes, but definetly LEGS

I would have to agree with this one.... since there is an inner and outer beauty in us... and both should shine in your images.
But I will have to add the sexiest outer quality for the male models out there...  say eyes and chest/stomach (who looks at a guys legs?) wink

Apr 05 06 05:36 pm Link

Model

christopher vecchio

San Diego, California, US

eyes. if the eyes don't connect, the picture is basically worthless. unless they're closed or looking away or something.

Apr 05 06 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

CLIVE DOC DEE DUDLEY

Sunrise, Florida, US

Anyone care to attempt to define that raggedy old word "sexy" ?

Apr 05 06 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Art Of Imaging

Brooklyn, New York, US

that little pinky toe, its just so tiny and so gosh darn cute, o wait you said sexy ... I'll be back later this may take a while tongue lol

Apr 05 06 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Christofer Rodriguez

San Bernardino, California, US

Elbows...Definitely elbows!

Apr 05 06 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Art Of Imaging

Brooklyn, New York, US

I find women with clothing on sexier than women with clothing off, yet you still won't see me complain   tongue

Apr 05 06 05:46 pm Link

Model

mrwizard2k

New York, New York, US

eyes, or the v shape in the  pelvic region

Apr 05 06 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

Fluffytek

Turning up smile

Apr 06 06 03:22 am Link

Photographer

Adler Photographic

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Intelligence

Apr 06 06 03:30 am Link

Model

Tina Ginger

Magnolia, Arkansas, US

byReno wrote:
Eyes and lips.  It's all in the expression.

Thats what I hear alot,I also hear it's he busom and the hair lol  big_smile

Apr 07 06 01:40 am Link

Model

Tina Ginger

Magnolia, Arkansas, US

MissMae wrote:
I was thinkin the sexiest thing for a model is the unibrow. I mean that is more rare than a fat redhead in eithiopia.

But really, the uniqueness counts on the sexy scale for me personally. and eyebrows frame the face and either detract or add to the other features.

Haha!!A unibrow...Now that's hot smile

Apr 07 06 01:41 am Link

Photographer

Juan Stevens

Fort Washington, Maryland, US

Back of neck
Legs
area just below tummy but not too far

Apr 07 06 01:49 pm Link

Model

Shae Norris

Boston, Massachusetts, US

elisabeth1986 wrote:
I know it depends on the model, but in every photo of every model i think the eyes are the sexiest thing... unless ur a sexy guy lol wink`

I agree...it's all about the eyes!

Apr 07 06 01:51 pm Link

Model

Naomi M

Jackson, Alabama, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
Confidence.

Apr 07 06 01:55 pm Link

Model

Kiersten Weaver

Fort Lewis, Washington, US

I would have to say their personality.  Their essence.  Whats going on with them?  Are they happy, sad, depressed, etc.?  Are they playing around and actually having fun?  Like when I'm just dancing around my house singing to music and having fun, if I look at myself in the mirror, I think 'If someone was here to capture this, it would be amazing.'  When I'm dancing around in my bathroom is when I really do feel pretty and think that maybe I could model.  Or like when I have been really depressed and I look in the mirror I can see it exactly in the expression I have and in my eyes.  If you are having a shoot with a pillow fight or something,  you have to make sure the model is having REAL fun, yes its a job, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun.  If the photographer and the model can joke around and feel comfortable with each other you can create the BEST pictures. Try it, it will work.

Apr 07 06 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

For the damsel-in-distress photos I do, the eyes are the most important part of the photograph (with body language a close second).

Apr 08 06 09:22 pm Link