Forums > General Industry > The Seven Levels of Photographers

Model

The Thorny Rose

Chicago, Illinois, US

Don't know if anyone's seen this before... so read and let the discussion begin...

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/7.htm

By the way, he states on the page that its written as a joke, so don't get your panties all up in a bunch...

Mar 28 06 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

White River Junction, Vermont, US

Hey! I just posted that to Ohioscene!

Mar 28 06 05:39 pm Link

Model

The Thorny Rose

Chicago, Illinois, US

Eric Tragedy wrote:
Hey! I just posted that to Ohioscene!

I know... I read it and had to share with the class... :-)

Mar 28 06 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Yes, I saw this about a year ago. I think it has been posted here before. It is funny as hell.

Mar 28 06 05:48 pm Link

Photographer

Mgaphoto

San Diego, California, US

Haha...this is funny smile

Mar 28 06 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

a stab to  the heart!
"Likewise, other artists may only have one camera, or none at all. It just doesn't matter.

Artists sometimes dress funny and tend to stay up late. They usually prefer to photograph attractive young women and are proud of it.

No one ever sees their work since they have crummy ability to promote themselves"

the truth hurts; and hurts some more!
Agent, I need an agent, now!

true and funny!

Mar 28 06 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

Yes, true and funny.  I brought my $900 Sony F717 to an office party.  A word-processor brought his point-and-shoot.  He got better pictures than I did.  So much for equipment and experience.  And I'll bet he never took any courses.  This is why I never put down GWC's.

Mar 28 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

In their defense, many point and shoot cameras have a lens and other features designed to make taking good pictures easy. The flexibility we get from an SLR, especially a digital SLR, is really just 30 or more functions that could be set wrong.

Mar 29 06 09:01 am Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

So what level of photographer am I??!  I can't figure it out but I want to be like really really high level. Maybe level zero.

GWC!

Mar 29 06 09:17 am Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

White River Junction, Vermont, US

Stephen Masiello wrote on the Leica message boards 'the truth is that if you gave ansel adams a point and shoot he'd still take better pictures than most of us. Focus on the "Art" not the tools...'

I have created some beautiful artworks using emulsion transfers from Polaroids and landscapes with shoebox cameras.

Maybe it's a Zen thing - only by seeking out the state of GWC can you truly transend it?

Mar 29 06 09:31 am Link