Forums > General Industry > Would you pose nude for your father or mother?

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Now that nudity seems to be the only thing we talk about very much these days, we might as well hit all the variations.  Maybe if we ask them all, we can get it out of our systems for at least ten to fifteen minutes and can get back to talking about the modeling business.

So how many models (or even photographers if you would like to respond) would pose nude for a parent?

Mar 23 06 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

If my parents were artisticly inclined at all (which they REALLY aren't), I would. I have for my sister (she's a painter).

Mar 23 06 02:26 pm Link

Model

Aria...

Toronto, Iowa, US

MEWanoDesigns wrote:
If my parents were artisticly inclined at all (which they REALLY aren't), I would. I have for my sister (she's a painter).

I agree with this but since my parents are not artisticly inclined either, I would have to say not a chance.

Mar 23 06 02:29 pm Link

Model

Aria...

Toronto, Iowa, US

MEWanoDesigns wrote:

I agree with this but since my parents are not artisticly inclined either, I would have to say not a chance.

Mar 23 06 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

I know several models who have a parent who is a photographer and that parent is the only photographer they will allow to photograph them nude because of trust and such.

Mar 23 06 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Key Photography

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

I've posed nude for my parents several times. I especially love the one of me getting a bath in the kitchen sink.

Mar 23 06 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

I did.  My mom took pictures of me playin with my 'rubber ducky' in the tub... quite a few years back thou... wink

Mar 23 06 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Select Models wrote:
I did.  My mom took pictures of me playin with my 'rubber ducky' in the tub... quite a few years back thou... wink

I would really rather not hear about you and your ducky.

Mar 23 06 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Timothy Nantz

Thomasville, North Carolina, US

opps....wrong forum...nevermind! :-)

Mar 23 06 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

I would really rather not hear about you and your ducky.

Oh bull.  Ducky's friend jumps outta the tub... dries off his cute ass while ducky spins around a few dozen times on the drain spout.  You wish you could be havin that much fun... wink

Mar 23 06 02:52 pm Link

Model

_Kimberly

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Never.

Mar 23 06 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

not really on topic, but my wife thought it was very cool when the mother of a model who had sat for me came up to us at the models wedding and said that the nude shots I did of her daughter were the most beautiful shots she had seen of her.  My wife said the praise couldn't get much higher than the mother of the model.

Mar 23 06 04:09 pm Link

Model

Angie Borras

Kissimmee, Florida, US

Hell NO! Never  I don't even think when I was little my mom didn't allowed my father to see us the girls naked. So basically NO!

Mar 23 06 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Rick Edwards wrote:
not really on topic, but my wife thought it was very cool when the mother of a model who had sat for me came up to us at the models wedding and said that the nude shots I did of her daughter were the most beautiful shots she had seen of her.  My wife said the praise couldn't get much higher than the mother of the model.

I've had a father hold reflectors while I shot his daughter nude before.  I understand where you are coming from.

Mar 23 06 04:14 pm Link

Model

Kaizen

Fremont, California, US

No way!!!

Mar 23 06 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

fenny kwan wrote:
No way!!!

I am sensing a trend here.   The girls say "no" and the guys want to play with their rubber duckies!

Mar 23 06 04:19 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

ewwie

Mar 23 06 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

adrienne of Zswana wrote:
ewwie

Hey, I don't make this up, I am just summarizing!

Mar 23 06 04:29 pm Link

Makeup Artist

DNMake-up

New York, New York, US

If my mom was Sally Mann - YES -

Mar 23 06 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Key Photography

Only if they promised to close their eyes when they took the picture.

Mar 23 06 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Keyronn wrote:
Only if they promised to close their eyes when they took the picture.

That's what I do.  It makes the models feel more comfortable.  I just need to shoot a lot more frames to get an image I like.

Mar 23 06 04:44 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Key Photography

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

That's what I do.  It makes the models feel more comfortable.  I just need to shoot a lot more frames to get an image I like.

Stop following me Alan! YOU'RE FREAKING ME OUT MAN!!! lol

Mar 23 06 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

https://www.friedbumblebees.com/nakedbaby.jpg

i'm one step ahead of you.

Mar 23 06 04:46 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Interesting question, for my father never even if he was a famous photog, now for my mother maybe because we are both woman and she has seen me naked a million times. I  would never do anthing provocative in front of her though that, would be embarrasing( dont mind the type'o).  So I might do an implied nude if she was an artist of some sort.

Mar 23 06 04:48 pm Link

Model

Angie Borras

Kissimmee, Florida, US

I photograph my son implied nude all the time lol hahahaha 

https://img3.modelmayhem.com/060226/23/440288a209f12_m.jpg

Mar 23 06 04:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

DNMake-up

New York, New York, US

Isys Entertainment wrote:
Interesting question, for my father never even if he was a famous photog, now for my mother may

Mar 23 06 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Key Photography

Intensity wrote:

Glad you posted this before I called you on it! LMAO

Mar 23 06 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Intensity wrote:

Now you need to teach him to cross his arms in front of his chest to be respectable.  Oh, he is a young man.  I guess it doesn't matter.

Mar 23 06 05:00 pm Link

Model

Angie Borras

Kissimmee, Florida, US

hahahaha

Mar 23 06 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Key Photography

I can barely afford my equipment. Definitely can't afford the therapy I'd need after shooting with a parent! YUCK!!!!!!!!!

Mar 23 06 05:06 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Keyronn wrote:
I've posed nude for my parents several times. I especially love the one of me getting a bath in the kitchen sink.

I guess I was deprived. I got was the cast iron soup pot when I was a kid.

Mar 23 06 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

I shot a model nude while her mother was there watching. Does that count? Mom even helped out with some of the poses smile

Mar 23 06 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Farenell Photography wrote:
I guess I was deprived. I got was the cast iron soup pot when I was a kid.

Cast iron pot?  I suppose you had to walk to school every summer in a blazing snowstorm as well.

Mar 23 06 05:47 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

My opinion-what parent doesn't have shots of kids in the sink/tub? I have a great pose shot of me in the bathroom facing the wall and looking cutely over my shoulder-at approximately age 2 1/2.

Mar 23 06 06:43 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

jade83 wrote:
My opinion-what parent doesn't have shots of kids in the sink/tub? I have a great pose shot of me in the bathroom facing the wall and looking cutely over my shoulder-at approximately age 2 1/2.

So what you are saying is that you don't do nudes anymore.

Mar 23 06 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Uvision Media LLC

Central Square, New York, US

yeah that's just a little weird if you ask me. yeah I trust my mom and dad but trust has nothing to do with being naked in front of them as an adult. I don't know that there is anything wrong with it but yeah it just seems weird to me.

Mar 23 06 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Jade Photography

New York, New York, US

I've bathed my grandparents and helped them dress.  I might one day be required to do that for my dear parents.  Nudity is not sexual.  It grosses me out the number of people in America who can't separate the two. 

Talk about therapy needed.  So do those of you who are uncomfortable with seeing your parents naked or being naked in front of them think that you will get aroused or arouse your parents?  Because that's what's being suggested and that's just sick.  In Asia, three generations in a family often bathe together and no sex occurs.  How can that be?  There must be psychological trauma.  The murder rate and divorce rate must be sky high?  They must be so ridden with conflicted emotion they're unable to churn out the 5 billion Nike sneakers and Intel motherboards and Barbie hula hoops and all other miscellany sweat shop products that are adored here.

Mar 23 06 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Jon S Chen

Irvine, California, US

ewwwwwwwwwwww HECK NO!!

Mar 23 06 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Jon S Chen wrote:
ewwwwwwwwwwww HECK NO!!

Could you make yourself a little more clear?  How do you feel about it?

Mar 23 06 09:25 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Well, if my parents were photographers or painters or the like, yeah. I mean, unless they sucked. I'm pretty sure they've already seen me naked. Big f'ing deal.

Mar 23 06 09:34 pm Link