Forums > General Industry > What about Photog's?

Model

Jessica Jill

Lexington, Kentucky, US

I looked for topic's on what I am about to address, but could not find any.  Soooo if there is one, I apologize now. :0)
I have seen topic's here on models who are always late or are no call/no show's. So has anyone had this problem, but with photog's?  I have had a few instances where the photog and I had agreed to work together, set the date, talked on the phone or via email.  We had it all set up and then, poof, not a word after that.  Now, you have scheduled that weekend to work and now nothing.  Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this as well and what your thoughts are.  I am sooooo not complaining, I know it is part of the bus.  Just wanted others' thoughts on the topic as well.  Have a lovely evening, XoXo

JJ~

Mar 21 06 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

i am always fashionably late...but i always show...

Mar 21 06 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

Jessica Jill wrote:
I looked for topic's on what I am about to address, but could not find any.  Soooo if there is one, I apologize now. :0)
I have seen topic's here on models who are always late or are no call/no show's. So has anyone had this problem, but with photog's?  I have had a few instances where the photog and I had agreed to work together, set the date, talked on the phone or via email.  We had it all set up and then, poof, not a word after that.  Now, you have scheduled that weekend to work and now nothing.  Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this as well and what your thoughts are.  I am sooooo not complaining, I know it is part of the bus.  Just wanted others' thoughts on the topic as well.  Have a lovely evening, XoXo

JJ~

Get a gun, hunt the photog down, burst in, pull the gun, say, "Die, slime bucket!" and when he's on his hands and knees whimpering, say "So, wanna do a photoshoot?"

Mar 21 06 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

It's not fair to pick on models when photographers and just about any human being can be late.  I commented on another thread about this but it got buried.  I listed some ideas to help motivate people to be on time to shoots like;

(1) Get the people invested in the shoot.  If money is being exchanged, she or he is more likely to show up on time!  It's a serious loss if you show up late to court or the hospital.  So if "serious loss" of money, freedom or life is involved, we show up! tongue

(2) Be sure you have exchanged cell phone numbers AND that directions are CLEAR.  I have a minutes plan that allows for up 5,000 minutes and long distance so I don't care if I talk to someone while giving them directions. 

(3) Have alternative plans or things to do available to you so that you are not bored (which contributes to mad moods.)  I like to have several people around so that I can put someone in right away to check lighting, warm up, etc. ... before the model gets there.  Then when the model arrives, they jump in!  It works that way in Hollywood!  If you can find something else to occupy your time, you'll feel better.

(4) Car pool or make arrangements for transportation.  This is a good thing to do, especially when it's critical to have everyone there about the same time.  Traffic becomes less of an "poor" excuse when we are together in it!  LOL

For those who do "TFP" and complain ... all I can say is what does the photographer and model have to lose?  It's part of the risk you take in doing "TFP" ... it's better to pay the models!

Mar 21 06 08:27 pm Link

Model

Jessica Jill

Lexington, Kentucky, US

William Coleman wrote:

Get a gun, hunt the photog down, burst in, pull the gun, say, "Die, slime bucket!" and when he's on his hands and knees whimpering, say "So, wanna do a photoshoot?"

OMG~~~  That was hilarious...and if you look at my port....I have the perfect gun for that...Watch Out Photog's, I'm a goin' Huntin'!

Mar 21 06 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

'Monk

Denver, Colorado, US

Jessica Jill wrote:

OMG~~~  That was hilarious...and if you look at my port....I have the perfect gun for that...Watch Out Photog's, I'm a goin' Huntin'!

Oh my.... not sure if I should be running away in sheer terror or just stand there and be intrigued heh heh smile

Mar 21 06 08:43 pm Link

Model

Jessica Jill

Lexington, Kentucky, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
i am always fashionably late...but i always show...

LOL, well as long as your fashionable. wink

Mar 21 06 08:44 pm Link

Model

Jessica Jill

Lexington, Kentucky, US

'Monk wrote:

Oh my.... not sure if I should be running away in sheer terror or just stand there and be intrigued heh heh smile

Hmmmm Your pic...but better think about it..I have good aim. wink  Oh wait, youre supposed to be the one shooting, not me!  LOL

Mar 21 06 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Blei Photography

Seattle, Washington, US

Jessica Jill wrote:
... models who are always late or are no call/no show's. So has anyone had this problem, but with photog's? ...

HOW DARE YOU?!!!

A photographer is NEVER late!  If he IS late, it's because he was being detained by a model at a previous shoot as he was working to pack up all of his lights and run film by the drugstore to get processed.

HA!

Mar 21 06 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

'Monk

Denver, Colorado, US

Jessica Jill wrote:

Hmmmm Your pic...but better think about it..I have good aim. wink  Oh wait, youre supposed to be the one shooting, not me!  LOL

Me shooting. You shooting. Either way works for me really heh heh smile My pick eh? Well then I'll choose standing there and being intrigued heh heh smile

Mar 21 06 08:48 pm Link

Model

Jessica Jill

Lexington, Kentucky, US

'Monk wrote:

Me shooting. You shooting. Either way works for me really heh heh smile My pick eh? Well then I'll choose standing there and being intrigued heh heh smile

Hey, I won't complain...Isn't it great to have choices???  LOL

Mar 21 06 09:07 pm Link

Model

Jessica Jill

Lexington, Kentucky, US

SmartAz Photography wrote:

HOW DARE YOU?!!!

A photographer is NEVER late!  If he IS late, it's because he was being detained by a model at a previous shoot as he was working to pack up all of his lights and run film by the drugstore to get processed.

HA!

Oh dang, you figured out it was me that detained you and made you late?  Now you've blown my cover....  I am the Photog detainer...
Why do I have the distinct feeling I am going to read this in about one minute and wonder why, lol.

Mar 21 06 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

I SUCK ............................ and suck.

Mar 21 06 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

'Monk

Denver, Colorado, US

Jessica Jill wrote:

Hey, I won't complain...Isn't it great to have choices???  LOL

Aye that it is smile Sooooo many choices to choose from. Yay! big_smile

Mar 21 06 09:12 pm Link

Model

Jessica Jill

Lexington, Kentucky, US

Louis Braga wrote:
I SUCK ............................ and suck.

that could be taken in Soooooo many ways.  ;0)

Mar 21 06 09:15 pm Link

Model

Jessica Jill

Lexington, Kentucky, US

'Monk wrote:

Aye that it is smile Sooooo many choices to choose from. Yay! big_smile

You rock!!!!

Mar 21 06 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

'Monk

Denver, Colorado, US

Jessica Jill wrote:

You rock!!!!

Why thank you for saying so my dear Jessica smile You rock beyond words as well big_smile

Mar 21 06 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Jessica Jill wrote:
I have seen topic's here on models who are always late or are no call/no show's. So has anyone had this problem, but with photog's?

I've never been to a shoot where I didn't show up... smile smile

I have been to a couple where my second shooter didn't show up and didn't call, and a few more where they showed up a few hours later without calling. (Different photographers in each case.)

On the other hand, I've only had one model shoot go bad because of model no-shows--and that was the time I'd booked 2 models, both of whom confirmed less than 12 hours earlier, and neither showed up or called.

In my experience, the photographers either look worse--or better, since the primary photographer was always there. You decide. sad

Mar 22 06 02:06 am Link

Photographer

- null -

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precicely when he means to."

https://www.grudge-match.com/Images/gandalf.gif

Mar 22 06 02:38 am Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precicely when he means to."

Yes, except he failed to mention that he wanted to meet me on the people to talk to thread....

Mar 22 06 02:43 am Link

Model

Jessica Jill

Lexington, Kentucky, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

Oooh I need to find me one of them, lolol.

Mar 22 06 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

photographybyfrank

Clearwater, Florida, US

Jessica Jill wrote:

JJ~

A no show is not part of the biz,if your a no show with out any thing wrong, death, car blew up , etc. , its simple the person sucks as a human, that simple. Theres no excuse for fashionably late thats rude and sucks too

Mar 22 06 07:21 pm Link