Forums > General Industry > 8th and ocean qoute!

Photographer

FabioTovar

Culver City, California, US

The agency rep was reviewing pics with the model and asking why her pictures weren't as lively as they could be. The model immediately started to blame the photographer.  The rep stopped her dead in her tracks and said:

"when you are being paid to be the model... you are the one that's supposed to know what to do."

I think we should start quoting this show.

Mar 19 06 10:10 pm Link

Model

-Terrace-

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

I agree! 
p.s. sabrina sucks anyway..I hope they fire her already.

Mar 19 06 10:14 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Can you make a separate thread for those who are clueless and do not watch much tv?

Mar 19 06 10:43 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

MHana wrote:
Can you make a separate thread for those who are clueless and do not watch much tv?

LOL yeah I don't know either sad But I don't mind being filled in smile

Mar 19 06 10:47 pm Link

Model

Jacinta Cobb

Columbia, South Carolina, US

Yeah, Sabrina is LAME! I should be on that show damnit! >:-}

Mar 19 06 10:49 pm Link

Model

Horsie Girl

Santa Rosa, California, US

I don't even know what yer all talkin' bout.

Mar 19 06 10:52 pm Link

Model

-Terrace-

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Horsie Girl wrote:
I don't even know what yer all talkin' bout.

not trying to offend anyone, but if you do not watch the show and/or  have nothing to input, why comment at all?  You dont see in other forums, members posting "i dont know.."  so why here? hmmm. just some food for thought.
for the tv-less,
8th and Ocean is a reality TV show. Kinda hard to explain in short time, but There is an apartment full of guys(male models)  and an apartment full of girls (female models)
The show highlights the "life" of an average model. Including, going on shoots, meets with the agency, meetings to critique work, etc.  It's pretty depressing, because like the above MM stated "I should be on that show"  Some of them take it seriously and do a great job. some of them have this great opportunity and blow it, repeatedly.
*terrace smile

Mar 19 06 11:13 pm Link

Model

The Matthew Ross

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

I agree, some do really BLOW it, I would make as many go sees and go tos and possible and I wouldnt waste hardly any time drinking and smoking.

Mar 20 06 09:07 am Link

Model

The Matthew Ross

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

I agree, some do really BLOW it, I would make as many go sees and go tos and possible and I wouldnt waste hardly any time drinking and smoking.

Model

The Matthew Ross

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

sorry my computers acting whacky again, lol

Model

LuzJuliana

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

Jacinta Cobb wrote:
Yeah, Sabrina is LAME! I should be on that show damnit! >:-}

I should be on the show too!

Mar 20 06 09:19 am Link

Model

LuzJuliana

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

FabioTovar wrote:
The agency rep was reviewing pics with the model and asking why her pictures weren't as lively as they could be. The model immediately started to blame the photographer.  The rep stopped her dead in her tracks and said:

"when you are being paid to be the model... you are the one that's supposed to know what to do."

I think we should start quoting this show.

I agree.

Mar 20 06 09:19 am Link

Model

The Matthew Ross

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

There will most likely be a season 2, so if some of us do I would apply at that agency.I personally may or may not .I would go to their website first and see what kind of people they take up.

Mar 20 06 09:21 am Link

Photographer

dax

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

That rep, was not a rep, but Irene Marie the owner of that agency.

Sabrina doesnt suck.. you guys are watching A TV SHOW is fucking edited and is staged... Jesus.. LOL Right now they are making it seem like Britt is the all angelic one, because later on she will party like crazy and that will make great tv.. cuz she went from angel to devil ( in a way, not fully ).

Sabrina, they are playing her as dumb and bad and all that.. to play up on the fact that her twin sister is a "rock star"... Stupid!!

And if you all think u can do better than the ppl there.. why aren't u down here signed with an agency... or in NY working? Just a whole bunch of haters !

Mar 20 06 09:29 am Link

Model

Lamar Scott

New York, New York, US

I agree with the quote. I think it goes for every job though.

Mar 20 06 09:32 am Link

Model

Cassandra G

Palm Beach, Florida, US

If a model ever hung up on his agency, he/she would be cut loose. Its all fake. The new girl from Kansas that didn't know how to dance.... Well, she knows how to danec by the way. Iv'e worked with a model that knows them and told me this. She even said those twins work for pennies. I shut the TV off the minute I saw that male model act like he was all that. In Miami/South FLorida there are plenty of hot guys and beautiful models to take anyones place.

Mar 20 06 09:46 am Link

Model

Lamar Scott

New York, New York, US

Cassandra G wrote:
If a model ever hung up on his agency, he/she would be cut loose. Its all fake. The new girl from Kansas that didn't know how to dance.... Well, she knows how to danec by the way. Iv'e worked with a model that knows them and told me this. She even said those twins work for pennies. I shut the TV off the minute I saw that male model act like he was all that. In Miami/South FLorida there are plenty of hot guys and beautiful models to take anyones place.

lol..I think I agree

Mar 20 06 09:50 am Link

Model

The Matthew Ross

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Yep, thats what I was speaking of 'BLOWING IT', & please tell me that they make healthier choices than smoking & drinking ,I hope its not alot.

Mar 20 06 09:51 am Link

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

Dax wrote:
think u can do better than the ppl there.. why aren't u down here signed with an agency... or in NY working? Just a whole bunch of haters !

WHOA....... For the record I have 2 agencies and sorry but I agree with the majority. Sabrina may be getting the short end of the stick but does she have to be so needy and full of excuses? She seems as if she wants things to be given as hand outs I mean come on the " it was the photographer's fault" line? Anybody with sense in the fashion industry knows that line is used when you as a photographer's subject is not good enough and maybe she just isn't good enough...we'll just have to wait and see how they script the next couple of shows smile

Mar 20 06 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Matthew918 wrote:
Yep, thats what I was speaking of 'BLOWING IT', & please tell me that they make healthier choices than smoking & drinking ,I hope its not alot.

Dude.. what part of scripted and staged dont u get? smile

They may smoke 2 cigarretes a week.. but they will show them smoking those two.. to play on that..

Just like sabrina.. she looks and behaves that way.. based on editing... EDITING.. maybe Navid told her not to move once.. or maybe twice in a 2 hrs shoot.. the compress it to a 20 second -clip- shoot and she moves 3 or 4 times...

But again.. MTV will get what they want... And Im sure this summer we are gonna get a shitload of dreamers.. down here.. trying to be models.. and I/M will get a ton of girls applying...

BTW... Britt, can't dance.. how many white girls -from the midwest no less- do u know can actually dance.. ?

Mar 20 06 02:37 pm Link

Model

Jennyblair

York, Pennsylvania, US

what really pisses me off about that show is that guy (i forget his name) who knows he's hot shit so he doesn't go to any shoots and skips everything.  They call him and call him and he never answers and when they finally do get ahold of him he's just like "whatever."  That angers me so much.  There are hard working people out there (like me) who would do ANYTHING to get that far and he's just throwing it away because he can.  I drive hours for a shoot and that guy won't even get out of bed.

Mar 20 06 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

Mgaphoto

San Diego, California, US

MHana wrote:

LOL this great!

Mar 21 06 05:05 am Link

Model

The Matthew Ross

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Dax wrote:
Dude.. what part of scripted and staged dont u get? smile

They may smoke 2 cigarretes a week.. but they will show them smoking those two.. to play on that..

Just like sabrina.. she looks and behaves that way.. based on editing... EDITING.. maybe Navid told her not to move once.. or maybe twice in a 2 hrs shoot.. the compress it to a 20 second -clip- shoot and she moves 3 or 4 times...

But again.. MTV will get what they want... And Im sure this summer we are gonna get a shitload of dreamers.. down here.. trying to be models.. and I/M will get a ton of girls applying...

BTW... Britt, can't dance.. how many white girls -from the midwest no less- do u know can actually dance.. ?

Dax,

thanks for that I really enjoyed it.

(1) Any "reality" show is STAGED at least a little, I KNOW THAT.

(2)Staged & scripting, yeah I know that too, but as a watcher ( not really a fan) of the show ,if I need to say something thats from my opinion, I'm going to say it .

(3) I'm from Oklahoma (the midwest) & there are SOME white people (not just girls) that have little to no skills, but I have seen some that can actually dance.

Mar 21 06 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

I should be on that show too!

Why can't there be a staged, scripted show about photographers?

America's Next Top Model Photographer. 9th and Collins. Whatever.

I already have the cast planned out:

- a couple of decent photographers, most of whom will be booted out first
- one really *bad* photographer who the judges inexplicably keep around for their "potential"
- the gay photographer diva who clashes with the stylist and art director
- a playboy photographer who dates the models
- a creepy GWC or two (make sure one is incredibly fat)
- a few chick photographers (one a closet lesbian, of course)
- and a Southern Baptist photographer who cries when someone tells him he has to shoot nudes to make it in the industry.

That would rock.

Mar 22 06 12:45 am Link

Model

Jennyblair

York, Pennsylvania, US

Richard Tallent wrote:
I should be on that show too!

Why can't there be a staged, scripted show about photographers?

America's Next Top Model Photographer. 9th and Collins. Whatever.

I already have the cast planned out:

- a couple of decent photographers, most of whom will be booted out first
- one really *bad* photographer who the judges inexplicably keep around for their "potential"
- the gay photographer diva who clashes with the stylist and art director
- a playboy photographer who dates the models
- a creepy GWC or two (make sure one is incredibly fat)
- a few chick photographers (one a closet lesbian, of course)
- and a Southern Baptist photographer who cries when someone tells him he has to shoot nudes to make it in the industry.

That would rock.

hahaha and where would you fit in?

Mar 22 06 11:49 am Link

Photographer

Joanns

Redmond, Washington, US

Jennyblair wrote:
what really pisses me off about that show is that guy (i forget his name) who knows he's hot shit so he doesn't go to any shoots and skips everything.  They call him and call him and he never answers and when they finally do get ahold of him he's just like "whatever."  That angers me so much.  There are hard working people out there (like me) who would do ANYTHING to get that far and he's just throwing it away because he can.  I drive hours for a shoot and that guy won't even get out of bed.

That would be Vinci.  Seriously, they are afraid to fire him? How hard is it to find a male model dying to take his place? There are gorgeous men everywhere who are not spoiled brats.

My 2cents on the twins. It is editing. I don't believe the twins are so competitive and unsupportave of each other. That relationship is hard to watch, the way they make it look.

Mar 22 06 12:02 pm Link

Model

Angie Borras

Kissimmee, Florida, US

I saw them both on a comercial of accuve "contact lenses" and too many sabrina wasnt that bad. They only show the little clips  to make it seem like she sucks. Plus the episode about skin do you really think that she had a break out on her face  for that long come on.

Mar 22 06 12:10 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

I agree with Dax.  Reality shows on modeling is stupid and makes everyone delusional thinking that it is oh so easy or oh so hard to be a model.  Whatever........reality tv is nothing like the real world!  Wake up and actually go outside and experience it for yourself vs. listening to a stupid tv show.

Mar 22 06 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

David A

Pleasant Grove, Utah, US

What station, day of week and time is it on?

Sounds like TIVO material.

Mar 22 06 01:49 pm Link

Model

Jennyblair

York, Pennsylvania, US

I'd love to go out and experience what they are experiencing however it's easier said than done.  Especially when the business is really competitive and everyone else is just a little skinnier... a little taller... better looking...
If I actually went down there, they'd just laugh and turn me away.. im just like everyone else.

Mar 22 06 01:52 pm Link

Model

Jennyblair

York, Pennsylvania, US

David A wrote:
What station, day of week and time is it on?

Sounds like TIVO material.

It's on MTV I think on tuesday nights at like 10 or 10:30.  I think its a good show, yeah its a reality show but no reality show is actually scripted.  Just edited to make it look a certain way.  You take it with a grain of salt and just know its entertainment, not real life.

Mar 22 06 01:53 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Matthew918 wrote:

Well most of them are really young and a lot of them have been modeling since they were in their early teens (like one of the black girls who said she been doing it since she was 13.)

Out of all those models I wonder how many will actually make it into supermodel status. The rate is under 1%. Goes to show you how crazy this buisness is

Mar 23 06 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Joanns wrote:
That would be Vinci.  Seriously, they are afraid to fire him? How hard is it to find a male model dying to take his place? There are gorgeous men everywhere who are not spoiled brats.

He is very arrogant .. he knows he's got something... and he thinks ppl should kiss his ass cuz he's got that smile.. Problem is that.. the reason why he became that way is because people have treated him that way for a while.. Is not his fault that he can fuck pretty much any girl he wants.. when that happens for a long period of time.. ppl tend to get a big head and tend to become arrogant like he is.. Because he is arrogant in real life.

About the comment on there are tons of gorgeous men.. I would agree.. there must be TONS of guys who are better looking than him.. but not many have the other " something " that books him all the jobs.. that personality that makes him so bad.. makes him that good.. Beauty is a given in this industry, but is not everything.. Everybody at that level is beautiful.. u need that lil something.. to stand out and book jobs!

Mar 23 06 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

dax

AJ Bella wrote:
Out of all those models I wonder how many will actually make it into supermodel status. The rate is under 1%. Goes to show you how crazy this buisness is

Supermodels? None..

BUT

This is what is gonna happen.. that show is gonna be MTV's #1 show.. before it ends.. and that will make those kids more famous and more recognizable.. than God.. so what happens is that once everyone knows them ( think laguna beach ) they will sign huge campaigns with a lot of companies.. not because they are supermodels, but becaus they will become household names thanks to MTV... and I guess eventually will become supermodels.. but not the same way the other girls have become supermodels.

You can quote me on that LOL.

Now, FYI a supermodel is a girl who makes over $1 million a year and has at least ONE beauty campaign. What most ppl think of supermodel are those girls in the late 80's and 90's who ppl recognized by first name.

Mar 23 06 04:22 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Dax wrote:

Now, FYI a supermodel is a girl who makes over $1 million a year and has at least ONE beauty campaign. What most ppl think of supermodel are those girls in the late 80's and 90's who ppl recognized by first name.[/quote wrote:

I thought the concept of a "supermodel" was basically any model you can i.d on a first name basis: tyra, gisselle, kate, etc.

Plenty of models make $1 million for being the face of something you gotthe face of Guess right now, the new face of dior (elvis' grandaughter) but we wouldn't exactly call them supermodels i don't think.

then ya got girls who have done victoria secrets runway show but again many of them we don't know.

eh..i guess thats why janice dickinson has once said the "Era of the supermodel has died"

Mar 23 06 07:19 pm Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

AJ Bella wrote:

Dax wrote:

Now, FYI a supermodel is a girl who makes over $1 million a year and has at least ONE beauty campaign. What most ppl think of supermodel are those girls in the late 80's and 90's who ppl recognized by first name.[/quote wrote:

I thought the concept of a "supermodel" was basically any model you can i.d on a first name basis: tyra, gisselle, kate, etc.

Plenty of models make $1 million for being the face of something you gotthe face of Guess right now, the new face of dior (elvis' grandaughter) but we wouldn't exactly call them supermodels i don't think.

then ya got girls who have done victoria secrets runway show but again many of them we don't know.

eh..i guess thats why janice dickinson has once said the "Era of the supermodel has died"

eh umm, didnt janice pawn that term?  hMpH off topic, I know

as much as I know the show is scripted, I cant help but to watch sad

Mar 23 06 11:31 pm Link

Photographer

dax

AJ Bella wrote:

Dax wrote:

Not plenty of models make a million... You have no idea what u are saying smile And is not make one million for being the face of something.. I said..: A supermodel is a girl who makes at least $1million a year AND is has a beauty campaign. At least that is what a supermodel is considered in the industry.. people outside may think paris hilton is a supermodel... etc..!

Mar 24 06 01:04 am Link

Model

Jessika Rae

Akron, Ohio, US

Yeah I thought that was pretty funny when Irene said that to Sabrina.  haha.  I thought "duh, how dumb??"  I hope they fire her.  smile  *devious grin*

Mar 24 06 01:09 am Link

Photographer

tyat

Miami, Florida, US

I noticed that the 2 times Navid said, "When you move I lose that hair!" was actually only once but played back from 2 different angles.

Mar 24 06 05:14 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

even tho i hate paris hilton.......you are wrong.  she is a supermodel.  her rep is wilhelmenia (not sure if they still rep her) but she has graced many print campaigns (guess for example).

sorry to veer off topic wink

Mar 24 06 08:52 pm Link