Forums > General Industry > Breast implants. Why?

Photographer

Ira Meyer

Oxnard, California, US

This is the first topic I have ever presented here.  It is not an assault.  Nor is it in judgment.  But rather a sincere desire to understand something that puzzles me:

Having a Y chromosome, I am fairly convinced it is impossible for me to understand the thoughts and emotions of those with two Xs.  But it seems to me breast implants are becoming nearly endemic in our society.  From what I gather, this is because they make the recipient feel better about themselves.  Feeling good about oneself is clearly a good thing.  And I can understand how accomplishing something can bring this about.  Want to feel better?  Learn a language-- or a craft.  Train to run a marathon-- or climb a mountain.  Work towards a goal.  Accomplish it.  Feel better.  :-))

What I don't understand is how buying something might bring about this result?

Can anyone help enlighten me here?

Thanks!

Ira

Mar 13 06 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

When I was a kid I had kind of screwed up teeth.  In middle school I got braces and oral surgeries to fix them.

This made me look better.  That made me feel better about myself.

Mar 13 06 05:11 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

To make yer tits bigger.

Mar 13 06 05:12 pm Link

Model

Kimberly Jo

Athens, Alabama, US

Its not the matter of buying something.. for if that was the case I would just go on an $8000 shoping spree instead.  I myself have considered breast implants.  Its not because I think I NEED them to be good in life, or even for the fact that I have 'abnormal' breast.  I have very nice, small breast.  But even though I've learned to live and even like this fact, I would be more comfortable with my own body if they were different.   Its just the same as coloring your hair.. you don't like something about yourself, you fix it.. you feel better

Mar 13 06 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

Peacocks with the bigger, brighter feathers get the best mate.

Mar 13 06 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Ira Meyer wrote:
This is the first topic I have ever presented here.  It is not an assault.  Nor is it in judgment.  But rather a sincere desire to understand something that puzzles me:

Having a Y chromosome, I am fairly convinced it is impossible for me to understand the thoughts and emotions of those with two Xs.  But it seems to me breast implants are becoming nearly endemic in our society.  From what I gather, this is because they make the recipient feel better about themselves.  Feeling good about oneself is clearly a good thing.  And I can understand how accomplishing something can bring this about.  Want to feel better?  Learn a language-- or a craft.  Train to run a marathon-- or climb a mountain.  Work towards a goal.  Accomplish it.  Feel better.  :-))

Thanks!

Ira

It's not about buying something.  It's feeling better about your own personal appearance.

Mar 13 06 05:18 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

theda wrote:
To make yer tits bigger.

Yes.

Ira Meyer wrote:

Thanks!

Ira

And they're awesome!
Get over it! aaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Mar 13 06 05:26 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/search.php? … mit=Search
Look at all of these! Do we really need another??

Mar 13 06 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

Ira Meyer

Oxnard, California, US

adrienne of Zswana wrote:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/search.php?search=implants&action=search&submit=Search
Look at all of these! Do we really need another??

Adrienne...
You've got 1700 posts here.  I have 7.
And have not seen the previous threads on this subject...

Curious why you've chirped in if you're so tired of the subject, though?

Ira

Mar 13 06 05:33 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

Breast Implants just seems like a bad excuse to hide your insecurites about yourself...and someone constantly has to keep doing more and more surgery until they look like janice dickinson....

i have thought about breast implants billions of times...just thought bigger boobs would get me more attention and make me feel good about myself....but i just said what about in the long run when i am getting older and my boobs cant catch up with my age...

Just thinking that those same people who take thousands of dollars to get breast implants to "make themselves feel better"...should take that moeny to talk to someone professionally about ther self esteem issues....cause you mental issues could last as long as those boobies....::::?????

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Eric S. wrote:

Peacocks with the bigger brighter feathers are the males....

The question is the same as asking if you could make your penis larger, would you?

Only you can decide if it's right for yourself.  If YOU believe you have a little cock, no matter how many people tell you it's okay, YOU will still feel it's small.

It's about how YOU feel about YOURSELF for whatever reasons!

Some women get implants, some women get Reductions...

Model

TheRealDeal

Eric S. wrote:

Until you are replaced by a Peacock with even bigger, brighter feathers. I wonder if he knows the colorful Peacocks are the boys....-K

Mar 13 06 05:35 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Hamza wrote:

The question is the same as asking if you could make your penis larger, would you?

Only you can decide if it's right for yourself.  If YOU believe you have a little cock, no matter how many people tell you it's okay, YOU will still feel it's small.

this is true as well...breast implants cause health issues a plenty...and women who have overly large breast have health issues as well...back pain...straining....discomfort...

Mar 13 06 05:36 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Ira Meyer wrote:
Adrienne...
You've got 1700 posts here.  I have 7.
And have not seen the previous threads on this subject...

Curious why you've chirped in if you're so tired of the subject, though?

Ira

Somebody's gotta give you a clue.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/danhood/gifs/search.gif

Mar 13 06 05:37 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Hamza wrote:

this is true as well...breast implants cause health issues a plenty...and women who have overly large breast have health issues as well...back pain...straining....discomfort...
my mother had gotten a breast reduction after my last brother in 95.....it was hard seeing her look all heavy and not being able to play with us when we are young...thats a good reason to get  a reduction...i dont see a good reason to get im plants unless it a women who has have breast cancer and a breast could have been removed...but for self image....i think it is kinda silly..but whatever floats ya boat

Mar 13 06 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

CristinaLex wrote:
my mother had gotten a breast reduction after my last brother in 95.....it was hard seeing her look all heavy and not being able to play with us when we are young...thats a good reason to get  a reduction...i dont see a good reason to get im plants unless it a women who has have breast cancer and a breast could have been removed...but for self image....i think it is kinda silly..but whatever floats ya boat

Getting implants is like putting on make-up.  They both make you feel good about yourself.  To each their own. 

Everyone needs to stop passing judgement on people who are NOT like them or do NOT believe what they believe.

Live and let Live!

Mar 13 06 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Money; you get jobs , you get noticed. you get called by photogs. you get offered roles, rides, hoses, cars, villas. vacations, husbands....
the boobs WORK!

must be me just getting carried away;

use em if you got em!

Mar 13 06 05:47 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hamza wrote:

Getting implants is like putting on make-up.  They both make you feel good about yourself.  To each their own. 

Everyone needs to stop passing judgement on people who are NOT like them or do NOT believe what they believe.

Live and let Live!

OMG. This is a first but I actually agree with you!!

Mar 13 06 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Hamza wrote:

Live and let Live!

OMG. This is a first but I actually agree with you!!

Holy shit! Hell must have just frozen over!!!

Don't make this a habit!!!

Mar 13 06 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
Money; you get jobs , you get noticed. you get called by photogs. you get offered roles, rides, hoses, cars, villas. vacations, husbands....
the boobs WORK!

must be me just getting carried away;

use em if you got em!

I agree that money has lots to do about it. I have several friends that are 'strippers' (*) and I have asked them directly why they get them (I prefer natural) and they all tell me it gets them more tips. It gets them noticed before the other girls.

(*) before the PC police gets on me... I am not insinuating that models are strippers. Just that there is a commonality as they are both industries based on how you look. And to make sure that the PC police does get on me... some of the niecest people that I have meet are strippers so I certainly don't put them below any other category of people.

Mar 13 06 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Le Beck Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

The queastion should be, Why do women with beautiful exquisite breasts get implants? That sounds like a personal problem. Besides they feel yucky and they buckle in wierd places Yuck!

They also have to get attention from a surgeon periodically. You know that the body encases foreign objects with fibrous tissue. No exceptions. You have to get them scraped and then replaced every few years and you steadily loose sensation.

Mar 13 06 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

Timeless Photos

Peterborough, New Hampshire, US

Ira Meyer wrote:

Thanks!
Ira

As an admirer of your photographic talents I feel compelled to respond to your email. There is no underlying agenda in your question; I know that.

My two cents worth? The size of a women's breast have so very little to do with her sex appeal. So much of sex-appeal is mental. Anybody that has not figured that out has not had great sex.

That said, there are many reasons for breast implants and every one has their own.

Let me start by saying society in general is absolutely relentlessly brutal on women when it comes to breast size. We live in a society where bigger and faster are always considered better. This is just not so.

Other times it's not a size issue so much as equilibrium issue. Mother nature often can play nasty tricks here. Perhaps they have breast fed and just want back what they once had. Gravity is sometimes as cruel as society!

Other times as someone already mentioned, they'd simply like to try a change in size, no different than a change in hair colour.

So I guess as unimportant as it might seem to some of us, it is hard to judge until we walk in their shoes... or bras! wink I like you, am perfectly happy to work with any cup size. I put much more emphasis on personality.

Yes breast enlargements have become quite common these days. The procedures are ever changing and the realism and safety have made major leaps forward.

On a humorous note, I have to contemplate; if penis enlargements were as easy and the results as viewable to the public, I dare guess that there would be just as many of them!

Mar 13 06 06:00 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Le Beck Photography wrote:
The queastion should be, Why do women with beautiful exquisite breasts get implants? That sounds like a personal problem. Besides they feel yucky and they buckle in wierd places Yuck!

I had beautiful small breasts and now I have beautiful big(ger) breasts.

Mar 13 06 06:02 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

edit: futile argument

Mar 13 06 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Besides they feel yucky and they buckle in wierd places Yuck!

They also have to get attention from a surgeon periodically. You know that the body encases foreign objects with fibrous tissue. No exceptions. You have to get them scraped and then replaced every few years and you steadily loose sensation.

And how many titties have you squeezed in your time???

I can tell by this response that you have limited personal knowledge with breast implants.  I personally know a handful of implants that are at least 20 years old with NO complications, silicone too!  I also know a handful of implants that feel absolutely wonderful.  As for the loss of sensation?  Those are the one in a million cases... 

Research your facts...

Mar 13 06 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

I had beautiful small breasts and now I have beautiful big(ger) breasts.

Mmm, Mmm, Good!

Mar 13 06 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

Mademoiselle Boudoir

Syracuse, New York, US

I think the media, and society have dictated the way we view ourselves now. From breast implants, to tummy tucks, butt lifts.... and the list goes on. We are no longer "ok" with the body we were born with.
It's not just implants, or any type of plastic surgery for that matter.  It's really sad to think that self concept has to come from your reflection, and self worth is measured by some in cup sizes.

Mar 13 06 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

Duncan

New York, New York, US

As I have always said " anything bigger than a handful or a mouthful is a wasteful!"

Mar 13 06 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Not again...

Ira, this is not a slight against you but having seen this topic come up before... well, let's just say the responses get predictable.

Why do women get implants?

Perhaps a better question would be: why do people get tattoos?  Or piercings?  Or lazer hair removal?  Or hair transplants?  Or wigs?  Or bad combovers?  Or braces?  Or dentures?  Or acrylic nails?  Or colored contacts?  Or liposuction?  Or nosejobs?  Or facelifts?  Or go to the tanning bed?  Or dye their hair?  Or cut it?

Because before we fix our mouthes to question why a woman gets implants (or accuse her of having "fake tits") we should first ask ourselves why we do the hundreds of other things we do to adjust our appearances. 

And when we have that answer, perhaps we won't have to ask why women get implants anymore. 

While I'm all about indulging one's curiousity, ultimately people are allowed to do what they want to do and unless it affects us directly it's none of our fucking business.

That's why they pay the money for implants...

Mar 13 06 07:07 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Eric S. wrote:

Sometimes, I seriously HATE analogies, my boyfriend's a huge fan of em and at times I sucker punch in the gut like "dammit, they dont always apply, dont go comparin this situation to random shit" (that was the first time ive cursed in a thread) anywho, and to comment on christina's comment that it hides insecurities, granted...a large percentage of that is true, shallow girls who just want boobies, but a lot of time's its not true.

Fake boobies arent the end-all tale of insecurity

Mar 13 06 07:31 pm Link

Model

Kimberly Jo

Athens, Alabama, US

CristinaLex wrote:
Breast Implants just seems like a bad excuse to hide your insecurites about yourself...and someone constantly has to keep doing more and more surgery until they look like janice dickinson....

i have thought about breast implants billions of times...just thought bigger boobs would get me more attention and make me feel good about myself....but i just said what about in the long run when i am getting older and my boobs cant catch up with my age...

Just thinking that those same people who take thousands of dollars to get breast implants to "make themselves feel better"...should take that moeny to talk to someone professionally about ther self esteem issues....cause you mental issues could last as long as those boobies....::::?????

Just because someone wants breast implants to feel better about themselve does not mean they need psychological help and that they are insecure automatically.  Granted there are alot of people that fit this description.. but there are alot of people who do not.  I am considering breast implants because I think I will feel better about how I look... but I feel great about how I look now. Just because someone says "better" doesn't automatically mean they feel horrible about themselves and that they have mental issues!

Mar 13 06 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Duncan wrote:
As I have always said " anything bigger than a handful or a mouthful is a wasteful!"

Duncan, when you come across anything bigger than you can handle, send them my way...

Mar 13 06 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

i agree... futile argument.

girls are either going to get them, or not
photogs are either going to shoot them, or not
guys are going to like them, or not

what's the point in discussing it?

i think implants look awful - but girls will still get them, photogs will still shoot them, and (other) guys will still like them.

Mar 13 06 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Ira Meyer

Oxnard, California, US

I'm kind of intrigued by how many guys have expressed their two cents worth here...
For how can we possibly know? 

It becomes fairly clear to me that this is a slightly sensitive issue for some people.
And I'm sure there are as half as many answers to my question as there are fake breasts in the world.  Again, I've not addressed this to pass judgment on anyone.  Simply in hopes of gaining a bit of insight into something I face here and in life with increasing frequency, which though I have some notions as to why, I do not wholly understand. 

I guess my biggest concern is a society that seems to becoming overly oriented to what the package looks like-- and less about what it contains.  For I strongly believe that feeling good and happiness (which is the essence of this question and thread) is not something which can be bought.  For if this was true all the people in afluent areas would always be happy (and they are not)-- and all those in Third World poverty wouldn't be (and many are).  This is as clear as the nose on my face (which is substantial).

[And no, I have never thought of having a nose job.]

Ira

Mar 13 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

J Welborn

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

theda wrote:
To make yer tits bigger.

LOL---I would have expected that from a male smile

Mar 13 06 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

I like both.  If a girl has natural breasts with great shape and perkiness- keep em.  If they are too big, too small, dont have a great shape, uneven- and you want to- upgrade em!

Mar 13 06 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Ira Meyer wrote:
I'm kind of intrigued by how many guys have expressed their two cents worth here...
For how can we possibly know?

Empathy.

Mar 13 06 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Ira Meyer wrote:

Women always feel better when they're buying something. That's why they like to shop.

And size matters, buddy.  Hell, people tell me all the time how big a prick I am.  And you know, women like a big prick....

Mar 13 06 09:10 pm Link

Model

Akaii

Manassas, Virginia, US

for me..its all about proportion!! then again im a "whole package" kinda girl.

But you know, each to their own... Some people like them, some people dont. Its all a matter of choice.
  I personally would not get breast implants...But that is because i am completely happy with my chest size (and that fact that their size fits with the rest of my body as well.. if they were bigger on me i would look deformed)! But i completely understand (and would do it too!) if one "needs" them... Like a mastectomy (however you spell it) patient/breast cancer survivors.. Abnormalities, etc.  And
i just respect your right to do with your body what you want ^_^

PS- Tattoo has two "t"s
i see that misspelling all the time and it is irksome

Mar 13 06 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Celestial Sinn wrote:
PS- Tattoo has two "t"s
i see that misspelling all the time and it is irksome

Now I didn't give you a hard time when you said "to each their" instead of "to each his/her" now did I?! 

Damn!  It's fixed okay!  Give me a break, I'm not that bright and have never been all that great at spelling.  I can't even spell my own name twice in a row!  Honest mistake...

:::snicker:::

Just kidding.  Thanks for the correction.

Mar 13 06 09:42 pm Link