Forums > General Industry > god i love lapis

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Weren't we supposed to be praising Lapis?

Yeaaaay LAPIS!  Hip hip hoorah!

-D

Mar 01 06 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Mar 01 06 07:15 pm Link

Model

Praxis

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:

I just have to explain to everyone this isn't personal.  It's about pants.

-Don

Oh dear........  its not just some local freakishness spawned by JMG then *yikes* lol

Mar 01 06 07:16 pm Link

Model

Praxis

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Weren't we supposed to be praising Lapis?

Yeaaaay LAPIS!  Hip hip hoorah!

-D

We are also raising plane ticket funds for Praxis - jesus, has NOONE got an attention span anymore?!?!  wink

Mar 01 06 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Rothman

Oak Park, Illinois, US

Sort of coming in late on this but must agree about loving Lapis.  I have since I shot with her in Sept of '04.   Not sure if this image will appear but below is a link to her on my portfolio.

https://images1.fotopic.net/?iid=yfjoy4&noresize=1&nostamp=1&quality=70

http://gallery32247.fotopic.net/c286253_1.html

Michael

Mar 01 06 07:19 pm Link

Model

scarletdiva

Los Angeles, California, US

Michael Rothman wrote:
Sort of coming in late on this but must agree about loving Lapis.  I have since I shot with her in Sept of '04.   Not sure if this image will appear but below is a link to her on my portfolio.

https://images1.fotopic.net/?iid=yfjoy4&noresize=1&nostamp=1&quality=70

Michael

wow, that is a beautiful picture of her.  ive never seen it.

Mar 01 06 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Caines

New York, New York, US

i am adding my lapis love to this thread. when she gets to nyc this week i hope to love me some lapis live. (hmm...her boyfriend may not like the sound of that.)

Mar 01 06 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

Martini

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

MadamePsychosis wrote:
Praxy I am sure if each one of your admirers just donated 5 bucks we could get you here.  We should start a pledge.  Sally Struthers could host!

With five bucks from each admirer, I expect she could afford not only a plane ticket, but probably a month in the Presidential Suite at The Plaza as well.

Lapis? Well, I'm hoping… doesn't look like it though. ;-(

Mar 01 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

That's sweet.

I'd pretty much try to screw the daylights out of her. But, you know, we all express love in different ways.

That would happen after the hug. wink

Mar 01 06 08:14 pm Link

Model

scarletdiva

Bruce Caines wrote:
i am adding my lapis love to this thread. when she gets to nyc this week i hope to love me some lapis live. (hmm...her boyfriend may not like the sound of that.)

he had no problem with her sleeping in MY bed, caines.

Mar 01 06 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

MadamePsychosis wrote:

Bruce Caines wrote:

This statement requires a LOT more explicit detail. Preferably about 5 to 6 pages, 9pt font, single-spaced, typed on 8.5x11 paper with 1" margins all-around. Have that on my desk by morning, please ...

Mar 01 06 09:42 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Bruce Caines wrote:

You silly silly man you.

Mar 01 06 10:42 pm Link

Model

scarletdiva

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

MadamePsychosis wrote:

Bruce Caines wrote:

This statement requires a LOT more explicit detail. Preferably about 5 to 6 pages, 9pt font, single-spaced, typed on 8.5x11 paper with 1" margins all-around. Have that on my desk by morning, please ...

a transcript

Mar 01 06 10:58 pm Link

Model

scarletdiva

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

MadamePsychosis wrote:

Bruce Caines wrote:

a transcript of our conversations would be even HOTTER!

Mar 01 06 10:59 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Okay, well everyone who loves me can try and find someone to pay me...please! Just called to confirm the shoot that I had last night and the photographer had some excuse about an illness or some crazy stuff like that. This is the second time he has done this to me, so if he does indeed call in sick, it is deposit time for him if he ever wants to shoot with me. BUT, I am in NYC, and I rock!
So, I am putting out another casting call so i can afford to stay here and eat.
And, mme. Psychosis is going to write an article about my sleeping in her bed for a national newspaper, and with her writing skills, it will get published.

And Donley, if you don't go to shibaricon (Which MM is now saying he can't afford anyway), you won't get to spank as many bottoms!

Mar 02 06 08:23 am Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Vatican City, Holy See, Vatican City

Bruce Caines wrote:

Her boyfriend is one lucky guy and very secure. So fawn all you want.

BTW he has read your book and admires the project

Mar 02 06 12:58 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

MadamePsychosis wrote:
i really and truly do.

before i met her, i loved her, but now, im forever doomed to the path of the Unrequited Lovers....

Madam, you should tell the world about Lapis's qualities. Be concrete in your praise. Don't tell us how you feel. Show us in your description.

Mar 02 06 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

Michael Rothman wrote:

Michael

Michael,

thanks for posting this link... you have some beautiful work and now i love lapis even more!

Mar 02 06 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Lapis wrote:
And Donley, if you don't go to shibaricon, you won't get to spank as many bottoms!

I am interested in neither shibari nor spanking bottoms.  I've never been a fan of raw fish, in any case.  And that spanking thing I only do when girls ask me to nicely.  Or throw a tantrum.

-Don

Mar 02 06 06:39 pm Link

Model

scarletdiva

D 'Thesis' Yanov wrote:

Madam, you should tell the world about Lapis's qualities. Be concrete in your praise. Don't tell us how you feel. Show us in your description.

Thesis- lookie here.  I'm over this 8th-grade CAPT writing test, SAT II, 5 paragraph persuasive essay shit.  (Lapis, you know what I'm sayin... I've said it before :-D ) 

I prefer cryptic abstractions to descriptive adjectives.

I don't show or tell.  I don't kiss and tell.  I write things that sell.  I miss your girlfriend.

Mar 02 06 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Am I late to express my love for Lapis?  Oops...I am in trouble...waiting for my IM to explode tonight.  smile

Mar 02 06 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Rothman

Oak Park, Illinois, US

Ian Weintraub wrote:

Michael,

thanks for posting this link... you have some beautiful work and now i love lapis even more!

Thanks for the compliments.  With Lapis as with many of the Models I work with, they make my job SO easy. I just look in the view finder and push a button.   LOL

BTW Love your concepts.

Michael

Mar 02 06 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

Michael Rothman wrote:

Thanks for the compliments.  With Lapis as with many of the Models I work with, they make my job SO easy. I just look in the view finder and push a button.   LOL

BTW Love your concepts.

Michael

Thanks Michael...

Mar 02 06 09:17 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

MadamePsychosis wrote:
I prefer cryptic abstractions to descriptive adjectives.

I don't show or tell.  I don't kiss and tell.  I write things that sell.  I miss your girlfriend.

Hey Lady! kiss + no tell = no sell

Mar 02 06 11:44 pm Link

Model

K-A

Healdsburg, California, US

lll wrote:
Am I late to express my love for Lapis?  Oops...I am in trouble...waiting for my IM to explode tonight.  smile

you're waiting for what to explode?  this is getting really x rated...

Mar 02 06 11:50 pm Link

Model

scarletdiva

Kristin Anne wrote:

you're waiting for what to explode?  this is getting really x rated...

he make sexy-time explosion. (www.officialborat.com)

Mar 02 06 11:57 pm Link

Model

Mockingbird Girl

New York, New York, US

MadamePsychosis wrote:
I miss your girlfriend.

She is amazingly addictive isn't she?  One little taste...one teensy exposure to her and you end up hooked.  And the more time you have with her, the more you want and need.

Damn.

Time to start saving my pennies for a trip to Chicago I guess (or to fund a trip for her to come back out here...).

So, MP, how about we do a fundraising bake sale, we can set up right under the BQE...

Mar 03 06 07:37 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Let me just slip in some praise for Lapis' boyfriend, who didn't call the cops when we wouldn't let him in for like an hour after he was supposed to pick her up at my studio. *I,* of course, was in the throes of artistic creation and couldn't be bothered with mundane things like doorbells. I suspect she just couldn't bear the fact that our time together was so short and pretended she couldn't hear it so she could stay longer. I mean, who else could capture her true essence... LIKE THIS!

https://www.datahero.com/stmarc/singlepics/7357_mystery_2_bw.jpg

M

Bonus for Lapis Lovers:

https://www.datahero.com/stmarc/singlepics/7373_only_resting_1_bw.jpg

Also, if you want to see what the general theme was winding its way towards:

(Not work safe. Some people might consider this somewhat squickish, although it's very Classical. You have been warned.)

Resquiat en pace.

Mar 03 06 09:22 am Link

Model

scarletdiva

Mockingbird Girl wrote:

She is amazingly addictive isn't she?  One little taste...one teensy exposure to her and you end up hooked.  And the more time you have with her, the more you want and need.

Damn.

Time to start saving my pennies for a trip to Chicago I guess (or to fund a trip for her to come back out here...).

So, MP, how about we do a fundraising bake sale, we can set up right under the BQE...

lets take the G to the F and set up in D(own)U(nderthe)M(anhattan)B(ridge)O(verpass). 
i hear a lot of rich art students live there.  ;-)

Mar 03 06 12:57 pm Link

Model

scarletdiva

StMarc wrote:
(Not work safe. Some people might consider this somewhat squickish, although it's very Classical. You have been warned.)

Resquiat en pace.

do I hear Carmina Burana in the background?

Mar 03 06 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

StMarc wrote:

Resquiat en pace.

MadamePsychosis wrote:
do I hear Carmina Burana in the background?

Mmm. No. (Interesting idea, though.) This is a concept I've been kicking around for a while called "Heart of Stone." It's sort of a postscript to the Arthurian legend. I still haven't got it quite right, but I got it a lot righter than I had before. Two or three more goes, a little more fiddling with the incidentals, and I think I'll have it.

M

Mar 03 06 02:13 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Mockingbird Girl wrote:

She is totally addictive. I think you got to the heart of the matter.
She is a subtle potion. A little bit goes a long way. You think you have been only slightly effected. But then when she goes, you understand how dependent you have become.

(For M.P.) Hello my name is dyanov and I am a Lapis addict. I haven't touched a drop in 3 days. However, I am breaking down and that is why I am at this meeting.

Are there any other L.As here?
Anyone in their first day of sobriety?

Mar 03 06 04:04 pm Link

Model

Mockingbird Girl

New York, New York, US

MadamePsychosis wrote:
lets take the G to the F and set up in D(own)U(nderthe)M(anhattan)B(ridge)O(verpass). 
i hear a lot of rich art students live there.  ;-)

Ooooh...good idea!  BUT - how about the G to the F and go to Park Slope and set up shop in Prospect Park....cupcakes and a lemonade stand.  Lots of rich parents and their kiddies...  ;-)

(what an amazing photo that would make...)

Mar 03 06 05:17 pm Link

Model

Mockingbird Girl

New York, New York, US

D 'Thesis' Yanov wrote:

She is a subtle potion. A little bit goes a long way. You think you have been only slightly effected. But then when she goes, you understand how dependent you have become.

(For M.P.) Hello my name is dyanov and I am a Lapis addict. I haven't touched a drop in 3 days. However, I am breaking down and that is why I am at this meeting.

I was actually thinking of you when I wrote this this morning....and thinking about how much you must miss her now.  The first day is probably peaceful...and a little nice (it always is for me when I have "alone" time).  But by now...yowza...

I think the two of you should move to NYC. *nod*  Yes, yes I do.  ;-)

Mar 03 06 05:21 pm Link

Model

scarletdiva

Mockingbird Girl wrote:
I was actually thinking of you when I wrote this this morning....and thinking about how much you must miss her now.  The first day is probably peaceful...and a little nice (it always is for me when I have "alone" time).  But by now...yowza...

agreed, totally totally agreed, phuck Uchicago and their snooty undergrads... hyde park and that whack fake beach... Home of the Blues, exactly.

Mar 04 06 01:32 am Link

Model

scarletdiva

D 'Thesis' Yanov wrote:

Better late than never, you ;-)

Mar 04 06 01:32 am Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Mockingbird Girl wrote:

You are so right. The first couple of days are alright and then and then...
It leads both of us to appreciate what we have and how much our struggle to be together has been worthwhile.

Before we move to NYC we both have to go there together, but I think we will at some point live there.

BTW you have great taste in poets. Leonard Cohen is up your ally. Cohen loves Lorca and transformed Lorca's poem "Little Vienesse Waltz" into an amazing song "This Waltz."

Mar 04 06 02:12 am Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

MadamePsychosis wrote:

Better late than never, you ;-)

I went to a meeting tonight because the leader of this meeting is so fantastic. He is a gay drag queen, in make up, former prostitute, now psychiatrist, who was in jail for manslaughter. Michael is one of the funniest people ever. I would pay to listen to him. The only other thing that makes me laugh as much is Borat/ Ali G. (ask Lapis) After listening to him, you really do feel that your problems ain't that big or very important. As he said --but much better than me -- "Whatever crisis you have this week don't worry about it. You'll have another crisis by next Friday."

Well for at least 35 minutes after the meeting I felt great. (Sorry I'm constitutionally incapable of writing l-o-l)
or as Leonard Cohen says "for something like a second my heart was at ease."

Mar 04 06 02:26 am Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

MadamePsychosis wrote:
agreed, totally totally agreed, phuck Uchicago and their snooty undergrads... hyde park and that whack fake beach... Home of the Blues, exactly.

Are these your original sentiments or are you goading me? I am slow on the uptake, but I think it is the latter. Have you been there? Have you known some of the prigs and snots?
I am a total contrarian and I spent most of my life mocking the U of C and Academia. However, in the last couple of years I have come around. I started to take classes just for fun, just on things that interested me with no practical thought. I am addicted to really smart people who have things to teach me and the U of C has some great pockets of knowledge. I am enamoured by the Committee on Social Thought, which is a basket case of really interesting people from all sorts of disciplines.

Mar 04 06 02:42 am Link

Model

scarletdiva

Mar 04 06 03:10 am Link