Forums > General Industry > Models That Don't Respond

Photographer

Indochine

Los Angeles, California, US

Tony Culture Photoz wrote:

Dunno why, but I am waiting on you, Theresa. If it's paid work that's keeping you from me, let's discuss that then. You are definitely a "D2BP" model.

Don't know why, huh? lol.

https://img1.modelmayhem.com/060216/12/43f4c71a09819.jpg

Mar 01 06 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

Sysamsbe wrote:
See this is what puzzles me.....People (models and photographers) get angry when people who are not intrested do not respond, BUT if they did respond and said something like "Thanks for the offer but I am not intrested in working with you" Then they would be "too good" then they would be PRIMA DONNAS so either way your screwed because people complain 24/7

That may happen. However, in that scenario (if the decline is done in a professional manner), the recipient is actually the one who needs to set their mind right. I have had many refusals, many high priced rate quotes, replies with "sure" , which never leads to actually doing a shoot. *some smart ass is going to say "I can believe that*  LOL

Mar 01 06 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Scaramanga wrote:

Don't know why, huh? lol.

https://img1.modelmayhem.com/060216/12/43f4c71a09819.jpg

What you saying, Scaramanga ? You saying she is out of my league ?

Mar 01 06 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

Indochine

Los Angeles, California, US

Tony Culture Photoz wrote:

What you saying, Scaramanga ? You saying she is out of my league ?

NO! Not at all. Just saying she's supa-fly and any sane fotog would want to test with her. (Including Moi!)

Mar 01 06 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

NovoCain

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada

Daniela V wrote:
Personally, I think models AND photographers AND stylists that don't at least send a "no thanks" or "too busy" or "your work sucks, get real" give the rest of us that do respond a bad name.

I'm sorry, but no one is too busy for a quick response back...and if you were, you wouldn't be on MM looking for work/networking.

I understand the occassional mistake, and maybe someone missed a message..and when a photog/stylist doesn't respond to me, I will follow up with a "hey- I sent you a msg. and I just wanted to try again and see if you're interested- if not, take care". But I think it's unprofessional not to respond...

-D-

I stopped reading at this reply, because frankly - nothing more COULD be said. Once the nail has been hit squarly on the head, you don't have to keep pounding on it.

Mar 01 06 07:21 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Cora wrote:
So any suggestions on how to tell a photographer that you are not interested in shooting with them even if you are taking tfp? I have not found a solid answer that is polite but professional and gets the point across...

Something along the lines of, "Thank you so much for your interest, I very much appreciate the opportunity.  However, at the moment I am focusing my efforts in a different direction" can work.

Mar 01 06 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Scaramanga wrote:
NO! Not at all. Just saying she's supa-fly and any sane fotog would want to test with her. (Including Moi!)

ok, true dat ! Luckily for you, you already have some fly models in your port. I know they look at that.

Mar 01 06 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Washphoto wrote:
If the email is not offensive and appears sincere, professional courtesy is to reply even if "thanks, no thanks"  is all.

I agree, but models don't seem to want to take the time.  I am told by models that they get so many e-mails that they don't have the time to respond.  The common complaint is they will get dozens of messages but few offers they are interested in.

Mar 01 06 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

I agree, but models don't seem to want to take the time.  I am told by models that they get so many e-mails that they don't have the time to respond.  The common complaint is they will get dozens of messages but few offers they are interested in.

Hmmm. *thinking I will just wait until I am ready to do some work, and simply post a casting call.*

Mar 01 06 07:29 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I am not a rude person by any means, however, sometimes I am overwhelmed by the number of messages to respond to. I try, but there have been those that I have missed.  Sometimes I will go back through pages of messages and try to catch up.

However, as far as being professional, I do not expect a letter or phone call from the agency when the client doesn't pick me for a job. I get a call only when they are interested. So my opinion is it's not a matter of professionalism.

Mar 01 06 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

hmmm, good point. I do get the message after two emails sent though.

Mar 01 06 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

Wayne Higgins

Daniela V wrote:
Personally, I think models AND photographers AND stylists that don't at least send a "no thanks" or "too busy" or "your work sucks, get real" give the rest of us that do respond a bad name.

I'm sorry, but no one is too busy for a quick response back...and if you were, you wouldn't be on MM looking for work/networking.

I understand the occassional mistake, and maybe someone missed a message..and when a photog/stylist doesn't respond to me, I will follow up with a "hey- I sent you a msg. and I just wanted to try again and see if you're interested- if not, take care". But I think it's unprofessional not to respond...

-D-

Mar 01 06 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

Sysamsbe wrote:
See this is what puzzles me.....People (models and photographers) get angry when people who are not intrested do not respond, BUT if they did respond and said something like "Thanks for the offer but I am not intrested in working with you" Then they would be "too good" then they would be PRIMA DONNAS so either way your screwed because people complain 24/7

I disagree.  I have no problem with a model not wanting to work with me.  There are times that I am not interested in working with a model and I tell her so.  There are times when a model does not want to work with me too..... that is the nature of the business.  No problem.

I do, however, have a problem with a model that simply does not respond -- especially for a paying gig.

Mar 01 06 08:03 pm Link

Model

MODELS WANTED

Flushing, New York, US

Sysamsbe wrote:

Amen to that.... You're a PRIMA DONNA if your schedule is just too busy, you may even have intentions to respond and innocently forgot, or you're just not interested for whatever reason.There is life outside of (MM World) and not everyone sits in front of the computer 24/7 to sit and go through every message and respond to every message. Anyone who has the energy to be upset over a model or photographer not responding needs to get a life and should really think of new ways to network.

Mar 01 06 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

CreativeWorld

Paramus, New Jersey, US

All valid points but if you don't have time for a "no thanks" response, I won't clog up anyone's inbox with an offer for a paying assignment when the time comes.  (And I happen to be browsing for a model to offerr a paying gig as we speak)

Mar 01 06 09:37 pm Link