Forums > General Industry > Yo Princess, is Mommy livin vicariously thru YOU?

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Jessica L wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you but I've never done a pageant, been to Barbie-zon or John Roberts Powers.

My Mom shelled out a few thousand on 8 years of dance lessons though...does that count???LOL

Dancing is a lot different,lol. That involves skill, learned or natural.I think thousands for dance lessons is a much more worth while cause than pageants.

Feb 24 06 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

My grandfather always called my mom "Princess".  I miss him.  I miss her, too, but she's still with us, if 2,800 miles away.

Feb 24 06 08:04 pm Link

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

Dancing is a lot different,lol. That involves skill, learned or natural.I think thousands for dance lessons is a much more worth while cause than pageants.

My T ball coach took my mom aside and told her that she thought my mom should put me in dance classes because while the other kids were chasing the ball...I was picking flowers, doings leaps and twirls and singing in right field!LOL

Feb 24 06 08:06 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

I saw a pageant once. Does that count? My parents weren't into the modeling/pageant thing. With six kids in the house, and my dad being the only one working, there wasn't money for me to be spoiled until I got out of school...

I went to a couple of casting calls at John Casablancas and left once they told me how much they charge.

Feb 24 06 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
My grandfather always called my mom "Princess".  I miss him.  I miss her, too, but she's still with us, if 2,800 miles away.

Hey Brian... so 2800 miles from LA huh?  That must put her somewhere close to use out here on the west coast... wink

Feb 24 06 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Jessica L wrote:

while the other kids were chasing the ball...I was picking flowers, doings leaps and twirls and singing in right field!LOL

Girl... try out for American Idol.  You'll probably blow away most of the losers I've seen this week... wink

Feb 24 06 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Cynthia2 wrote:
My mom thinks everything is a scam unless proven otherwise.

LOL... and I thought I was the ultimate skeptic... wink

Feb 26 06 02:12 am Link

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

Jessica L wrote:
My T ball coach took my mom aside and told her that she thought my mom should put me in dance classes because while the other kids were chasing the ball...I was picking flowers, doings leaps and twirls and singing in right field!LOL

LOL

You are a tough one.

On one hand doing leaps and twists and picking flowers is in the definition of a little princess but ....

...your mom sent you to dance classes because you sucked at t ball and she didn't want you to feel bad about yourself. That's hardly a stage mom.

Hmmmm

Feb 28 06 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Gregory Garecki wrote:

On one hand doing leaps and twists and picking flowers is in the definition of a little princess but .... your mom sent you to dance classes because you sucked at t ball and she didn't want you to feel bad about yourself. That's hardly a stage mom.

Nah... that's probably just a mom who wanted to get her daughter 'out from underneath her feet' so she could get more 'private time'... if ya know what I mean... wink

Mar 02 06 11:54 am Link

Model

C_A_M

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Urrg....When I was 16 I received a phone call asking me to come in to a model call with JRP. So I went with my parents and after I was accepted they pulled the whole "well its going to be $$$" so we left. My parents didn't have the money and they were worried that the industry would eventually change me. I was upset then but I realized later that I was lucky.

Mar 02 06 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Envy wrote:
I tried and tried. No dice.
My tattoos got in the way.
Blasphemy I tell you.

Envy, age 6 months:
https://www.strangepersons.com/images/content/12613.jpg

Mar 02 06 01:43 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

SLE Photography wrote:

Envy, age 6 months:

haha!

I don't recall being a blonde.

Mar 02 06 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

SLE Photography wrote:
Envy, age 6 months:

haha!

Envy wrote:
I don't recall being a blonde.

Well, you were only 6 months old, and what with the trauma of the tattoo pain I'm sure you just blocked it out  wink

Mar 02 06 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

SLE Photography wrote:

Envy, age 6 months:

OMG... is this for real?  I surrrrrrrrrrrrre hope its just photoshopped.  I'd hate to think about all the pain this poor little tike had to go thru... sad

Mar 02 06 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

Select Models wrote:
Wow... all these models chimin in... but... not a SINGLE photographer... amazing!  Come on guys... you KNOW you've dealt with at least ONE of the princesses before... wink

While I've never dealt with the Princess herself, I did get to meet her folks at the photolab and saw the end results of the $1200 spent on her portfolio pics. Real nice pretty ones with her seated on the central air conditioner on the side of her house.

I can only wonder what international magazine JRP/Barbizon got her onto this month! tongue

Mar 02 06 05:43 pm Link

Model

Andon

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Eeesh.  I did Pro Scout at 11, MSA at 12... got kinda jaded by the whole thing after I realized like, TWO people got callbacks.

Casablanca's asked me to come to their school, but this was post-Barbizon b/s, so I had wizened up.  I think it cost me about 5K to figure out it was all bull....I'm paying mom back every dime...I'm making money on my own - without the assistance of their crack 'placement' departments.

Mar 02 06 06:11 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

when I was about 12 they had those "be a model" shows at the local mall, and I thought I could do that all you have to do is walk and say your name right ??
so I did it for 3 years once every summer they would have this model catwalk thing at the mall youd get your 30 seconds on the run way and if you were one of the
"chosen ones" youd get a call back and then get to do a real fashion show.  I never got a call back untill the last year I did it, I was 15 and finnaly got this call back,for my age group. them we all whent with our moms to the modeling agency and "walked" for the judges, then they proceded to tell me that I need to streighten my hair ( have long brown curly hair at the time it was about middle of my back) "tan" ( iam really pale) "loose" the freckles. and loose about 15 pounds. ( at the time i was 5'7 and 100 pounds) my mom was so upset with what they said she asked if I really wanted to go through this , I said no. good thing too, it would have cost my mom over $1500 just to sign up with this "agency" everything esle would have cost hundreds of dollars. I am glad that at 15 I was strong enough with my self worth that it didnt turn me into an anorexic teenager or worse a diva smile
now I am much happier to make people beautiful than be infront of the camera. :0...Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Mar 02 06 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Andon wrote:
Eeesh.  I did Pro Scout at 11, MSA at 12... got kinda jaded by the whole thing after I realized like, TWO people got callbacks.

Casablanca's asked me to come to their school, but this was post-Barbizon b/s, so I had wizened up.  I think it cost me about 5K to figure out it was all bull....I'm paying mom back every dime.

Oh hell yeah... here she is... mommy's little princess.  Interesting story Andon.  And ONLY TWO PEOPLE out of all those thousands got callbacks huh?... geeeeeeze... why am I not suprised.  So mommy shelled out FIVE THOUSAND huh?... WOW!  The reason Casablanca's invited you to their school is probably because they were contacted by Barbizon with a call simular to:  "Hey JC... we have a cute little girl down here who we've already snow-jobbed thru the program.  Her mom's got a HUGE purse... and ah... well... we think she's still got WAY too much money left in it... if ya know what we mean.  You guys should probably give her a call... wink

Mar 02 06 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:
they proceded to tell me that I need to "loose" the freckles. and loose about 15 pounds. (at the time i was 5'7 and 100 pounds)

Say WHAT!... they told you to loose the freckles AND 15 pounds?... Jesus!  Trust me... freckles do NOT weight 15 pounds... and ... at 5'7 and 85 pounds you'd be a freakin dipstick... a clothes hanger... a skeleton with skin.  Oh... and how exactly DO you 'loose freckles'?  Skin bleaching?... nah... dont go there!  You'll end up wearing masks and carryin around umbrellas on sunny days like Michael Jackson... wink

Mar 03 06 12:27 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
JRP totally soaked this pair of sisters I know who are absolutely gorgeous, almost twins, from haiti. Tall, beautiful skin and great shapes. They both put the naomi campbells and tyra banks`of the fashion world to shame. They ripped mom and dad off of 20 grand for class fees and a portfolio which consisted of about 10 shots each over a period of 2 years and NO modeling jobs.

Wow... 20 thousand dollars!?!?!?!?  I sure hope those twins finally made it to a LEGIT agency and got some of that money back... wink

Mar 04 06 10:12 am Link

Photographer

john knight

Farmington, New Mexico, US

I will fess up......I dealt with a princess from omp.......but so far the people I have met here and worked with from MM are a sheer delight to be around......you what sucks the most about omp is that you are ranked in the search engine by how much you pay.......

Mar 04 06 10:32 am Link

Model

Andon

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Select Models wrote:

Oh hell yeah... here she is... mommy's little princess.  Interesting story Andon.  And ONLY TWO PEOPLE out of all those thousands got callbacks huh?... geeeeeeze... why am I not suprised.  So mommy shelled out FIVE THOUSAND huh?... WOW!  The reason Casablanca's invited you to their school is probably because they were contacted by Barbizon with a call simular to:  "Hey JC... we have a cute little girl down here who we've already snow-jobbed thru the program.  Her mom's got a HUGE purse... and ah... well... we think she's still got WAY too much money left in it... if ya know what we mean.  You guys should probably give her a call... wink

Wow, that was WAY out of line.  I am by no means 'Mommy's Little Princess'.  Somebody's got their panties in a wad about something, apparently...

Mar 04 06 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Andon wrote:

Wow, that was WAY out of line.  I am by no means 'Mommy's Little Princess'.  Somebody's got their panties in a wad about something, apparently...

Hey girl... you provided the details (2 callbacks & $5000 spent)... and as far as that 'panties in a wad' comment... well... nice try... I wear A&F's new 'wad-free' boxers... wink

Mar 04 06 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

I am glad that at 15 I was strong enough with my self worth that it didnt turn me into an anorexic teenager or worse a diva smile

Right on DD... a lesson learned fur sure.  It's a shame your lesson cant be taught 'in advance' to the thousands out there that will unfortunately fall prey to the scammers noted in my original post... wink

Mar 05 06 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Kitapanda wrote:
My mom never thought I was a good looking child... smile

Ah... well... dont tell mom, but I have to disagree with her... wink

Mar 05 06 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Jon Scott Visual

( iam really pale) "loose" the freckles.

Pale?

Freckles?

Forget the paintwork, I'm shooting YOU next week.

I love Mandy.  She can be my queen.

Mar 06 06 07:10 am Link

Photographer

JKY Photo

New York, New York, US

My god two years ago a friend of mine was dating this girl and asked me to shoot her.  Being that my buddy really liked her and wanted to well you know her...I did.  I spoke to her and she wanted to do it telling me that she used to do pagents in hr. high and high school...and that she hadn't done a shoot in years.  So I pull the works for my buddy, sign for some clothes from Armani, get a friend of mine who's a hair stylist in Bev. Hills, etc... The shoot date comes and little miss comes on all pissed off that I scheduled the call time at 7:30AM....1.5 hours for hair, makeup and styling....during that 1.5 hours my buddy and I go out get something to eat, pick up some coffee for everyone and come back 20 min. before she's done getting barbied up.  He starts helping me getting lights, checking the set...etc. we shoot the shit for a little bit and she comes out and I tell her to sit for a bit while we finish up.  Then the attitude like she owns the place starts.  Telling me how un professional I was that she had never been to a shoot ever in which she had to wait....  Um....ok....I''m doing this for fun...and this is the shit I have to put up with...?  Then she starts going on about her hey days as a model and that she did A pagent and won a bikini contest two years ago hahaha....blah blah blah....like I care and she had her MODELING CREDENTIALs.....  Anyways to keep a long story short princess got on set and I walked off with my buddy told my crew stylist....etc sorry, they all laughed and understood and promised to buy them food.  We ended up at our other buddies house and he didn't boink her but buy hey thats wat your friends do.

Mar 06 06 08:00 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Dslexic Phography wrote:
Being that my buddy really liked her and wanted to well you know her...I did.  I spoke to her and she wanted to do it so I pull the works for my buddy, Um....ok....I''m doing this for fun... Then she starts going on about her hey days as a model and that she did A pagent and won a bikini contest two years ago hahaha....blah blah blah.... We ended up at our other buddies house and he didn't boink her but buy hey thats wat your friends do.

RDTFLMAO... dude... you've definitely chosen the right name for your photography business.  It's a shame that English and grammar wasn't offered at your junior college... thank God I minored in smack-talk... wink     

Oh... and RDTF = Rolling Down The Freeway... wink

Mar 06 06 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

JHoward wrote:

Pale?  Freckles?  Forget the paintwork, I'm shooting YOU next week.  I love Mandy.  She can be my queen.

Wow... no arguement here... wink

Mar 16 06 02:44 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Freud anybody...lol

Mar 17 06 10:12 am Link

Model

Angie Borras

Kissimmee, Florida, US

I was in a school fashion show  not really a pageant  it was at my middle school. Oh yeah I did enter a  pageant I went to the casting call  then they called me back from like 1500 girls and had to go to another casting call  and then I made it to the 25 finalist  and then it was when they decided to tell me how much it was going to cost. what a waste of time I'll tell you.

Mar 17 06 10:27 am Link