Forums > General Industry > fat cow pics

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

If I look like a fat cow in certain pics (which I am NOT) is it ok to ask the photog to take it down from their port?  Or am I being a diva? 

Why is it that a photog won't let you post a bad image they took but you look like a diva if it is vice versa?  Just curious...

Feb 06 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

sigh

Ok, once and for all.

Model = Diva
Photographer = pompous ass

it's part of the game, it's your job to not eat, and say things like "I actually eat like a horse", "I look fat there."

It's our job to say. "too bad", "I took the picture, I can do what I want". and "I am better than the last photographer you used"

Feb 06 06 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

John Swoger

Peoria, Arizona, US

On a TFP shoot I will review the images with the model and together we will decide what images will/can be posted and what images will never see the light of day.

On a paid shoot it's up to the client to decide the images they want.

Just my .02 cents

Feb 06 06 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

Fred Beeson

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Diana

I dont see a fat cow in any of your shots lol

But here is one if you find one in one of your shots

https://www.morguefile.com/imageData/LOWREZ/Img_4001_modif.jpg

Feb 06 06 07:34 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I hate when that happens. I think we have to let them do what they want.

Feb 06 06 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

There is no reason you cannot ask him/her to take down the image. However, you may want to keep a shovel around. The amount of crap coming out of his mouth about how it's one of your best images and it shows the true you like no other picture taken before....Well,  let's just say it can get pretty deep! smile

Feb 06 06 07:41 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

David Moyle wrote:
sigh

Ok, once and for all.

Model = Diva

it's part of the game, it's your job to not eat, and say things like "I actually eat like a horse", "I look fat there."

It's our job to say. "too bad", "I took the picture, I can do what I want". and "I am better than the last photographer you used"

The coffee she bought for me wasn't hot enough either.  So I threw it at her just to check what degree burn it would amount to.  Since we didn't have to call 911 I figured that she'll live and sent her ass out to starbucks to fetch me another.

Mwahahahaha!

Feb 06 06 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

The coffee she bought for me wasn't hot enough either.  So I threw it at her just to check what degree burn it would amount to.  Since we didn't have to call 911 I figured that she'll live and sent her ass out to starbucks to fetch me another.

Mwahahahaha!

That's more like it. It's all image baby!

Feb 06 06 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:
If I look like a fat cow in certain pics (which I am NOT) is it ok to ask the photog to take it down from their port?  Or am I being a diva? 

Why is it that a photog won't let you post a bad image they took but you look like a diva if it is vice versa?  Just curious...

Was the shoot a TFP/TFCD or did you pay the photographer?

Feb 06 06 08:13 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

I don't pay to pose or pose for pay!  Unless I am selling something.....which test shoots do not!  smile

Yeah the coffee was adequate enough the 2nd time around.  But I did throw garbage at her bc she forgot to buy me a pastry to go with it!!!

Feb 06 06 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:
I don't pay to pose or pose for pay!  Unless I am selling something.....which test shoots do not!  smile

Yeah the coffee was adequate enough the 2nd time around.  But I did throw garbage at her bc she forgot to buy me a pastry to go with it!!!

Now THAT is supermodel talk! Next you'll be quoting yourself on your bio section...that's when you know you made it!

Feb 06 06 08:20 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

David Moyle wrote:
sigh

Ok, once and for all.

Model = Diva

That is funny.  What about the rest of us?

Anyway.

Each person has a different agenda.   A good pic for a model may not be great for a photographer,  a great shot for a model may be useless for a MUA,  a good shot for a makeup may very well be useless for a stylist,  and around and around we go.

Feb 06 06 08:23 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

David Moyle wrote:

Now THAT is supermodel talk! Next you'll be quoting yourself on your bio section...that's when you know you made it!

Haven't you heard?  I am bigger than those bitches!  I killed all of the journalists that tried to use my quotes. 

You wanna know why?  I told him it would cost him 1,000 per word.  Modelmayhem's invoice for my services on this site is HUGE!!!

I love how I was just born fabulous.

Feb 06 06 08:30 pm Link

Model

Sabina N

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Diana Moffitt wrote:
If I look like a fat cow in certain pics (which I am NOT)

Just a particularity - it's terminology like this that (subconsciously) gets people used to being afraid of fat, and pursuing lankiness as if it made a lot of sense to do so... it's possible to look *fatter* than you want to in a shot, but a "fat cow" to me is some bitchy girl who also happens to be fat, so let's throw that in against her. Not all fat people are cows, but such cliche phrases start to naturally go together in people's mind if repeated...

Unless you do somehow end up resembling the cow shot provided above, then accurately-spoken :-)

Sonntag

Feb 06 06 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

MHana wrote:

That is funny.  What about the rest of us?

Anyway.

Each person has a different agenda.   A good pic for a model may not be great for a photographer,  a great shot for a model may be useless for a MUA,  a good shot for a makeup may very well be useless for a stylist,  and around and around we go.

The rest of you? You're just fodder for our tantrums!

Seriously though. You're 100% correct.

Now, fetch my coffee!

Feb 06 06 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

Haven't you heard?  I am bigger than those bitches!  I killed all of the journalists that tried to use my quotes. 

You wanna know why?  I told him it would cost him 1,000 per word.  Modelmayhem's invoice for my services on this site is HUGE!!!

I love how I was just born fabulous.

OH, you're THE Diana Moffitt??

How foolish of me!

Now, stop talking and pose!

Feb 06 06 08:48 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Sonntag wrote:

Just a particularity - it's terminology like this that (subconsciously) gets people used to being afraid of fat, and pursuing lankiness as if it made a lot of sense to do so... it's possible to look *fatter* than you want to in a shot, but a "fat cow" to me is some bitchy girl who also happens to be fat, so let's throw that in against her. Not all fat people are cows, but such cliche phrases start to naturally go together in people's mind if repeated...

Unless you do somehow end up resembling the cow shot provided above, then accurately-spoken :-)

Sonntag

My agent called me a fat cow because I don't weigh 100 lbs. 

So I threw coffee and garbage at her as well.

Feb 06 06 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

DanPhoto

Tampa, Florida, US

FreddyB wrote:
Diana

I dont see a fat cow in any of your shots lol

But here is one if you find one in one of your shots

https://www.morguefile.com/imageData/LOWREZ/Img_4001_modif.jpg

Girls she is a beauty, Got Milk??

Feb 06 06 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

What a PIG she is...!

Doesn't she realize that you are not a cow... and that the biggest part of your fat is limited to the udders... https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/UdoRPhotoArchive/MakingAPointGifs/happyd_f.gif

Feb 06 06 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

UdoR wrote:
What a PIG she is...!

Doesn't she realize that you are not a cow... and that the biggest part of your fat is limited to the udders... https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/UdoRPhotoArchive/MakingAPointGifs/happyd_f.gif

Seriously Udo...That's an Udderly perverted thing to say tongue

Feb 06 06 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Ed Remington wrote:

Seriously Udo...That's an Udderly perverted thing to say tongue

Butt, if you look at it from the udder perspective... the Pig, started to call a model with udders a cow...

... and then the cow-slash-model instead of retaliating like any bovine model would do, she reached out and threw trash and shtuff at the pic to make her feel good.

This means that the bovine Diana has a heart as big as it gets and a stomach that allows regurgitation. big_smile

(Ed: Diana is also a very close personal friend, just like you saw with Elisaveta and Illona... we always play like that...)

Feb 06 06 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

UdoR wrote:
This means that the bovine Diana has a heart as big as it gets and a stomach that allows regurgitation. big_smile

Yuck.... Remind me to never take her out to lunch! tongue

(No worries Udo....No worries! smile )

Feb 06 06 09:53 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Wait a second!  I LOVE MY UDDERS!

*HMMPH*

Feb 06 06 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

*HMMPH*

I luv 'dem cuddly thingies too... big_smile

Feb 06 06 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

*HMMPH*

Most of the men and half the women in the world luv your udders as well big_smile

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

UdoR wrote:
I luv them cuddle thingies too... big_smile

Udo, your just to fast for me dude!!!!

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

I LOVE YOUR CUDDLY THINGS! 

Me, UdoR and Ed.....bring it baby bring it!!! 

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Feb 06 06 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Just bring your cuddly self Diana, Udo and I will take care of the rest wink

Feb 06 06 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

I have a few smileys I could post, but I would have to give myself a warning for those... and eventually temp-ban myself.

wink

Feb 06 06 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:
If I look like a fat cow in certain pics...

I do not believe it.  Please post some.

-D

Feb 06 06 10:31 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

The cow posted in this thread.  That's actually me.  I murdered the mua and photographer tho because they showed my true colors.  I also torched the body painter.

Feb 06 06 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:
The cow posted in this thread.  That's actually me.  I murdered the mua and photographer tho because they showed my true colors.  I also torched the body painter.

So that was, like, spirit gum holding the hair on?

-D

Edit:  I'm sorry, but those udders of yours don't do a thing for me...  Heck, can't see them, 'cause your chest's in the way...

Feb 06 06 10:34 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would call you a cow...sheesh

Feb 06 06 10:49 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

Did anyone think of the Cow's feelings here?  I mean...what the heck did she do to you guys except provide milk, that was so wrong and made you call her a fat cow?  I mean for all we know, she is  California cow and is therefore a happy cow.

Feb 06 06 11:07 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Brandon Smith wrote:
Did anyone think of the Cow's feelings here?  I mean...what the heck did she do to you guys except provide milk, that was so wrong and made you call her a fat cow?  I mean for all we know, she is  California cow and is therefore a happy cow.

I AM NOT A HAPPY COW!  I'M FROM NYC BIOTCH...SO GET OUT OF MY F*ING WAY!

AHHAHAHA

Feb 06 06 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Oh great, piss the cow off, way to go. Someone get her a latte', extra hot, stat!! Not too cold, not too hot, or one of us is wearin it!

Feb 06 06 11:22 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

David Moyle wrote:
Oh great, piss the cow off, way to go. Someone get her a latte', extra hot, stat!! Not too cold, not too hot, or one of us is wearin it!

TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

**Throws a huge tantrum and screams bloody murder!**

Feb 06 06 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

**Throws a huge tantrum and screams bloody murder!**

Will one of the stylists please calm her down! If she wasn't THE Diana Moffitt, no way would I put up with this crap.

Feb 06 06 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

Doctor E

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Sorry...  I'm still trying to figure out what lens or angle could possibly be used to render you into a 'fat cow'.  Although mentioning any livestock and the word render in the same sentence could get ugly...

Kudos to the MUA in the pic posted...  I'd like to see a bit more of your attitude in the photo next time, if you don't mind.

Pardon me, I need to dodge some flying coffee and pastry.

Feb 06 06 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

I AM NOT A HAPPY COW!  I'M FROM NYC BIOTCH...SO GET OUT OF MY F*ING WAY!

AHHAHAHA

Diana... baby... and that sounds sooooo sexy when you said that in your Cali accent and sporting that sunshine smile of yours....  wink

Feb 06 06 11:32 pm Link