Forums > General Industry > My photo is going be on Tyra!!

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Congratulations!!!

Try to get on the credits as photographer and a letter of acknowledgement from the producer that they thank you for granting them to use that photo of your model for the Tyler Banks show on date, location, segment about...

Get at least the letter!

Congrats again;

Udo

Feb 06 06 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

Harrison Sweazea

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

Awesome. You deserve it! Best news I've heard all day! smile

Feb 06 06 11:04 pm Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

that IS a hot photo for sure!  totally deserving : ) congrats!

Feb 07 06 02:30 am Link

Model

Sabrina Starr

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Congrats!!!

Feb 07 06 02:32 am Link

Model

Drew

Congratulations
Huge accomplishment

and...

Craig Thomson wrote:

Whats a VCR?

lol

Feb 07 06 08:12 am Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

UdoR wrote:
Try to get on the credits as photographer and a letter of acknowledgement from the producer that they thank you for granting them to use that photo of your model for the Tyler Banks show on date, location, segment about...

I'm definitely going to get a rolling credit at the end,  but nobody reads those, so hey.  I hadn't thought of or heard of the letter idea before.  That's great!  I'm talking to the producer on Wednesday, I'll ask him about that.

Thank you, Udo!

Feb 07 06 08:53 am Link

Photographer

S

Thank you so much everyone!

Now, when I want to list this as a credit, what's the most concise way to word it that still maximizes my bragging rights?  Hmmmm....

Feb 07 06 08:54 am Link

Photographer

S

MELmoore wrote:
Congrats that is awesome, now what about us short petite models? LOL
Kisses,
MEL

Aw, I shoot with y'all too.  Every once in awhile.  wink

Feb 07 06 08:55 am Link

Model

Yanique

BRONX, New York, US

That is excellent!!  Congrats to you and Sasha, she's gorgeous..and that shot is fiyah!!! Much continued success to the both of you smile

Feb 07 06 09:01 am Link

Model

PorchiaCorine

Portsmouth, Virginia, US

Congratulations...that is awesome, good luck to the model as well!

Feb 07 06 09:03 am Link

Model

Suzi

Toledo, Ohio, US

Cpngratulations to you and your model!  What an awesome thing!

Feb 07 06 09:06 am Link

Photographer

J Welborn

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

Who is Tyra ????

Feb 07 06 09:12 am Link

Photographer

S

J. Welborn wrote:
Who is Tyra ????

She's Tyra Banks, a supermodel who recently got her own talk show.  Called, unsurprisingly, the Tyra Banks Show.

Feb 07 06 09:20 am Link

Model

Yanique

BRONX, New York, US

J. Welborn wrote:
Who is Tyra ????

lol...luv the sarcasm

Feb 07 06 09:29 am Link

Model

Safyia

Croydon, New Hampshire, US

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! knock 'em dead!!!!

Feb 07 06 09:36 am Link

Model

Inferi

Eagan, Minnesota, US

Congratulations!  That is awesome and well deserved!!  I hope the show is able to convey the beauty in women in general, and not just high fashion models.  COming from her, it should get a point across.

That said, I don't think I will ever watch that show again.  I'm sure she has her redeeming qualities, but after watching a recent episode and seeing how she degraded her guests, I just couldn't believe it!  I think my biggest problem is it became clear she is not willing to think outside of the box, UNLESS it will benefit her in some way or unless it is dealing with a positive underlying sentiment, such as in this case with the models.  It could have just been a fluke; maybe she was just having a bad day or something, but I think her attitude was inexcusable.  Hopefully it was an isolated incident.

Feb 07 06 09:50 am Link

Photographer

J Welborn

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

Kerry Johnston wrote:

lol...luv the sarcasm

Yep you got it LOL
My take on her is that she is full of her SELF smile

Feb 07 06 09:59 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

What is the sound of two hands clapping?? LOL. Hey, that's cool though!

Feb 07 06 10:07 am Link

Photographer

S

J. Welborn wrote:
Yep you got it LOL
My take on her is that she is full of her SELF smile

Oh.  Duh, Sita.  Well hey, thanks for the well wishes!  wink

Feb 07 06 10:11 am Link

Photographer

S

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:
What is the sound of two hands clapping?? LOL. Hey, that's cool though!

Aw, c'mon, I've only been taking pictures for six months, I get to be flat-out thrilled!  And brag about it.  Once I'm all uber famous and a total diva, I won't have to brag.

I promise to devote a whole thread to you once I get to take your photo, too!

Feb 07 06 10:12 am Link

Photographer

iKandyStudios

Brooklyn, New York, US

Absolutely SWEET! Congratulations...nice shot.

Feb 07 06 10:13 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Sita Mae Edwards wrote:

Aw, c'mon, I've only been taking pictures for six months, I get to be flat-out thrilled!  And brag about it.  Once I'm all uber famous and a total diva, I won't have to brag.

I promise to devote a whole thread to you once I get to take your photo, too!

You know I'm just effing with you, right? Seriously that's cool. I've had a very long sordid weird caffeinated day and now I've long crossed the threshold between silliness and good taste. Tomorrow, decaf I swear! *wink*

Feb 07 06 10:15 am Link

Photographer

S

Inferi wrote:
Congratulations!  That is awesome and well deserved!!  I hope the show is able to convey the beauty in women in general, and not just high fashion models.  COming from her, it should get a point across.

That said, I don't think I will ever watch that show again.  I'm sure she has her redeeming qualities, but after watching a recent episode and seeing how she degraded her guests, I just couldn't believe it!  I think my biggest problem is it became clear she is not willing to think outside of the box, UNLESS it will benefit her in some way or unless it is dealing with a positive underlying sentiment, such as in this case with the models.  It could have just been a fluke; maybe she was just having a bad day or something, but I think her attitude was inexcusable.  Hopefully it was an isolated incident.

I've gotten a few emails from ladies here who have been on the show.  It doesn't sound like the experience was 100% positive.  I'm hoping the plus models have a good time, anyway.  Fingers crossed for them and all that.  I just think it's outstanding that someone in the spotlight is making a point of showcasing plus models.  In the long run, I think (hope?) that will be what matters.

Feb 07 06 10:15 am Link

Model

Inferi

Eagan, Minnesota, US

Sita Mae Edwards wrote:

I've gotten a few emails from ladies here who have been on the show.  It doesn't sound like the experience was 100% positive.  I'm hoping the plus models have a good time, anyway.  Fingers crossed for them and all that.  I just think it's outstanding that someone in the spotlight is making a point of showcasing plus models.  In the long run, I think (hope?) that will be what matters.

I think that showcasing plus size models is a very good idea, especially since she is such a successful model.  Like you said, I hope the experience is positive for the models.  It is unfortunate that talk shows have such a following because when push comes to shove, their hosts usually aren't that upstanding of people.  Regardless, you model and photograph is wonderful and I hope the show is beneficial to you both!!

Feb 07 06 11:29 am Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

Wonderful! Congratulations!

Feb 08 06 12:04 am Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

Wonderful! Congratulations!

Feb 08 06 12:04 am Link

Photographer

Craig A McKenzie

Marine City, Michigan, US

Sweet deal-I hope it translates into pos exposure...you know $$$$$!!!

Feb 08 06 12:06 am Link

Model

Aelah

San Jose, California, US

Congratulations! And btw...this is my favorite image in your port smile

Feb 08 06 12:13 am Link

Photographer

Moonspheres

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You know I'm happy for you, my spicy little crumpet smile

I think you rock the kasbah in fact.

Just don't forget us *cough* little people.

Feb 08 06 03:58 am Link