Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

yes, this is not the first time someone has 'noticed this'
Here is a thread:

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=9149

Feb 04 06 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

This has been a known fact. What I find more interesting is the fact that you do not need boob shots to make people like you.

Feb 04 06 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

Malchow Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
I think you all look at the 'racy' stuff

Just so happens that several of my non-"racy" shots have the most views (even before I took the nudes, implieds, and more procative shots down.)

Feb 04 06 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Maybe it's because I don't have any nudes or anything too racy, but I posted a lingerie shot I took just for kicks and even still the most viewed photo is my avatar.

I have, however, noticed this phenom every time I go to someone's page who has something revealing.  Those shots are always the most viewed.

Feb 04 06 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

...well, that's one less photographer I'll have to watch everyday.

Feb 04 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Cruel, melvin, cruel

Feb 04 06 03:19 pm Link

Model

Sabina N

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Boobs and - once a shot gets a comment, people will look at it to see what that comment could have been, and if it agrees with their opinion of it.

Other shots that get views are ones with little details... people want to see exactly what a prop is, or how something is done... or simply an intriguing facial structure.

...but yes - the racy stuff is the Id's scrollstopper.

One memorable shot I saw somewhere, was touting the model's supreme flexibility - no doubt she was in great shape and had control of her body. But on this particular shot, one could really see her *stuff,* as it were... yet not one of the many comments it received complimenting the pose mentioned that the *stuff* distracts/detracts from the intent of demonstrating flexibility.

Hell, I'll admit that's mainly why I looked :-P This is risky for me to say... but I trust no one will label me a deviant for it, either - it's compelling to look when something is *quite* so obvious!

On second thought, I don't trust that one fig! ;-)

The moral of the story is - to focus a picture on what it is meant to demonstrate... sometimes the easy, primal hooks can actually detract from the main message. Did I add such a comment to the page? Nope; was too wimpy, and afraid I would get jumped all over for the suggestion and my neutral reputation would be done for, ahhh... but I figured this thread is appropriate :-)

Sonntag

Feb 05 06 10:38 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
Major test for the MM.

I think you all look at the 'racy' stuff

I have no desire to view your port. Although I did notice the sunset thumbnail at the bottom looked worth opening I refused as I saw no nipple showing. wink

Feb 05 06 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

Vihao

MCLEAN, Texas, US

My most viewed photo on MM is a headshot.  The model in my most commented photo is barely a blob.  The two nudes I have are relatively ignored.

Feb 05 06 10:50 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

I get the 'tongue in cheek' meaning.
Ok , next I wll try the bait and switch!

Feb 06 06 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Doug Harvey wrote:
This has been a known fact. What I find more interesting is the fact that you do not need boob shots to make people like you.

BINGO... word up on this... 500 friends... a few hundred TAGS... not ONE boobie shot... wink

Feb 06 06 12:32 pm Link

Model

StacyJack

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

you don't need boob shots to make people like you?  ....Hmmmm....

Feb 06 06 12:48 pm Link