Forums > General Industry > More leather........... less vinyl & latex!!

Photographer

Mark - SydelineWorks

Wexford, Pennsylvania, US

I love the look of leather on women........... and don't see the fascination for vinyl with so many shots!?!?

Jun 11 05 04:26 am Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

Its a trend...now that the 80's and big hair and leather are back in we WILL be seeing more of it.  I am starting to see this trend in all the fashion magazines. Even InStyle - go look at some of the advertising in this months issue.

Vinyl was the last "trend"..but its still current in the alternative scene. The great thing about vinyl, it melts to your body shape, it truly amplifies the feminine aspect!

Fortunately for me..I LOVE both!!!  smile And I love shiny things and the way the lights reflect off of it.  I'm so glad corsets are back in style, I cannot get enough of them!

Jun 11 05 04:33 am Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Vinyl is a staple in the fetish scene. From my perspective, its shiny as hell, and I love any reflective surfaces (its all about light for me)

https://www.stuartphotography.com/models/1glamour/1DSC_1468.jpg

Jun 11 05 04:36 am Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

OMG..that purple corset is a MUST HAVE. I must have it!!

Great photo by the way smile

Jun 11 05 04:44 am Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

you'd have to find JJ for that corset, lol. She's on here.

Jun 11 05 04:53 am Link

Photographer

urban prospect

New York, New York, US

good leathers are pricey 

Jun 11 05 05:08 am Link

Model

Delilah - Sixthessence

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

Imho, latex is just the sexiest thing ever. Mainly for the same reasons that Ariane said: it adapts to your bodyshape and it shines *_*. Way more than vynyl. Not to mention there does also exist liquid latex, and it's fantastic.
But well, I'm into the alt/fetish scene so u get my point tongue.

By the way: great photo, Stuart smile wow.

Delilah

Jun 11 05 05:18 am Link

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

Posted by Capt Stu Beans: 
Vinyl is a staple in the fetish scene. From my perspective, its shiny as hell, and I love any reflective surfaces (its all about light for me)

This corset is to die for!

Jun 11 05 05:48 am Link

Photographer

Mark - SydelineWorks

Posted by Capt Stu Beans: 

Great corset/skirt/gloves........... but would look better in leather!!  The shine can be "TOO" distracting from the model!!

Jun 11 05 06:29 am Link

Model

Hel Inferna

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Leather is not animal friendly. I'll wear my own skin thanks.

Jun 11 05 08:09 am Link

Photographer

Elemental Photo

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Leather is definately nice, but like everyone above me said, vinyl and latex are sooo nice and shiny! And nothing had to be killed for latex or vinyl clothing to be made. Not that I am all "Don't ever kill any animals" because I don't think that is true, but we really don't need ot be killing tonnes of animals off just for sexy clothing. smile

Jun 11 05 08:20 am Link

Photographer

Timothy

Madison, Wisconsin, US

U&Q raised the bar so high with the yellow and black riding leathers (film scenes and promo stills) that us mere mortals will never be able to achieve that level of hotness from our leather-clad models. Sorry to be the bearer of this news. : P

-TMH

Jun 11 05 08:57 am Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

True.....nothing has to be killed with pvc, vinyl, latex.

I also think these kinds of clothes/accessories have more versatility. Some of us do have a fetish for shiny relective things wink and to be able to wear them, all the better!

Jun 11 05 09:22 am Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Leather is nice but nothing beats latex.  I starve to buy latex...leather has never made me want to starve...lol.  And latex corsets...can't get much sexier than a well shined latex curve enhancing corset!

Jun 11 05 09:26 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Ariane G: 
Its a trend...now that the 80's and big hair and leather are back in we WILL be seeing more of it. 

The 80s are back?

For some of us, they never left.

;-)

Posted by Ariane G: 

Not true. What about the rubber trees that get raped for making latex? They have feelings too, you know. And don't think they won't take revenge. Remember Sonny Bono and Robert F. Kennedy. Those were no accidents ...

Jun 11 05 10:55 am Link

Model

Donna Ricci

Burbank, California, US

Speaking of feelings Mr Muss-Barnes, when did you decide to show up for your own show last night eh?

-Donna

Jun 11 05 10:57 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 

Posted by Ariane G: 
Its a trend...now that the 80's and big hair and leather are back in we WILL be seeing more of it. 

The 80s are back?

Duckie.

Jun 11 05 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

OOMMMMM  (channeling my crunchy granola hippie enviro self)
if you don't think anything dies from the making of vinyl, latex, or PVC, try being a fish or the people living down from the plants that manufacture it.....OOOOMMMMMMM
(back to my heathen people centirc self)...but those things sure look hot.....lol

Jun 11 05 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Nude is the new Leather.

Shibari is the new Latex.

Chain is the new PVC.

That is all.

Jun 11 05 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by theda: 

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 

Posted by Ariane G: 

The 80s are back?

Duckie.

Touché.

Jun 11 05 12:28 pm Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

My ex has a leather fetish so he has made me some fun things including a leather corset. Unfortunetly I don't have any good pics of the outfits sad

Personally I prefer latex, it feels so cool.

Jun 11 05 01:25 pm Link

Model

Leila

Posted by Rick Edwards: 
OOMMMMM  (channeling my crunchy granola hippie enviro self)
if you don't think anything dies from the making of vinyl, latex, or PVC, try being a fish or the people living down from the plants that manufacture it.....OOOOMMMMMMM
(back to my heathen people centirc self)...but those things sure look hot.....lol

I'm such a hippie at heart. I always feel torn when buying latex and vinyl for that exact reason. Its so bad for the environment but so damn sexy!

Jun 11 05 01:28 pm Link

Model

Zofia Szeretlek

Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I prefer latex because of the figure hugging aspect. It reveals so much... and yet so little. The cocktease material. Heh.

Jun 11 05 01:46 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by Melvin Moten Jr: 
Nude is the new Leather.

Chain is the new PVC.

Yes, everything you say is true...but now that you have let that info out of the bag, they will all be out of style by the end of the summer.

I have ALWAYS had a thing for leather, but the other day when I was trying on corsets, I got the PVC one because it gave my boytoy a much bigger 'response'. However, since I was very young, have fantasized about leather, I love the smell and the feel. However, I do not have the money to spend on leather outfits. If every latex thing i had were leather, it would be about 10x as much. However, if anyone wants to make me a custom catsuit out of leather or latex, e-mail me and I will be more than happy to give out my measurements lol.

Jun 11 05 05:46 pm Link

Model

Leila

Posted by Lapis: 

Nude is the new Leather.

Chain is the new PVC.

Yes, everything you say is true...but now that you have let that info out of the bag, they will all be out of style by the end of the summer.

I've already seen chain pretty much every where. It can be beautiful with the right model.
What is shibari?

Jun 11 05 06:06 pm Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hee hee...Shibari and Chains, I've been into that for a year already. Its nothing new....wink

Jun 11 05 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Posted by Leila: 

Posted by Lapis: 

Nude is the new Leather.

Chain is the new PVC.

I've already seen chain pretty much every where. It can be beautiful with the right model.
What is shibari?

http://www.nawashi.com/newbies/index.html

above is one of the better tutorials on shibari.  it's not work-safe though.

Jun 11 05 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Posted by Ariane G: 
Hee hee...Shibari and Chains, I've been into that for a year already. Its nothing new....wink

I didn't claim they was "new" -- I was just expressing my hope that eventually the latex/pvc/leather cosplay will give way to a re-revealing of the skin, which is where the real stories are told imo.

Jun 11 05 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

latex-fashions

Tampa, Florida, US

PVC = shiny and cool but Stiff and once it's Wrinkled it's useless.

Leather = Crops for Jockeys or Dommes Motor cycle riders so they don't hurt as much when they fall down.

Latex = Cat woman in Batman wich turned every 12 yr old boy and girl into a Latex lover.

How come when a woman puts on Latex she is instantly addicted to it? Or else says honey can you buy me some more of this stuff.

I think if you look and read my port you will figure out the models I shoot in it all have VERY SAD faces and you can tell they hate it.  I would like to see a Show of hands from all the Models who like latex best on Mayhem ?

Jun 12 05 03:18 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

I have lots of pvc...experience with leather, but not enough high quality latex...I guess I will just have to sample some of your designs...I do agree that latex is the most touch sensitive on both sides...PVC can not transmit touch...latex is best at that.

Jun 12 05 03:27 am Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

Posted by Ariane G: 

Oh really? Do you know the amount of chemicals it takes to make that fake shit? Where do you think those chemicals go after the process? Down the drain, into the water, land, air....I love how some Latex/PVC wearers are vegans and wouldn't put anything man made in the tummys but wear shiny crap that came from a lab.

God made man, God made cows, God made man biologically to eat the cows and wear their hides...and God knows what sexy is, his handiwork, not a lab tech.

Jun 15 05 09:36 am Link

Photographer

Jibaili

Posted by Zofia Szeretlek: 
I prefer latex because of the figure hugging aspect. It reveals so much... and yet so little. The cocktease material. Heh.

that explains so much!! wink

Jun 15 05 11:51 am Link

Model

Hel Inferna

Posted by vanscottie: 

Posted by Ariane G: 

Oh really? Do you know the amount of chemicals it takes to make that fake shit? Where do you think those chemicals go after the process? Down the drain, into the water, land, air....I love how some Latex/PVC wearers are vegans and wouldn't put anything man made in the tummys but wear shiny crap that came from a lab.

God made man, God made cows, God made man biologically to eat the cows and wear their hides...and God knows what sexy is, his handiwork, not a lab tech.

ahh if only i believed in god

Jun 15 05 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Mark - SydelineWorks

Interesting comments from all!!  But still am convinced that leather is the way to go!!  vinyl and latex are "TOO" shiny and distract from the model's beauty!! 

Jun 15 05 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

forget leather, forget vinyl, give me raw silk any day!

Makes a great corset, strong, shiny, classy,

Star

Jun 15 05 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

I still don't understand the need everyone seems to have with "covering up."  Whatever happened to skin?  Last time I looked there was NOTHING more receptive/responsive to touch and sensation than skin.  What's everyone around here trying to hide?

Jun 15 05 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Aren't we all just basically leather bags full of water?  Well, OK, water and fat in my case.

Jun 15 05 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

Mark - SydelineWorks

Well............. not here....... but I know alot that are full of "s--t" !!

Jun 15 05 10:39 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Posted by Mark Leighty: 
Well............. not here....... but I know alot that are full of "s--t" !!

Yes, I know quite a few that have been left to fester for a very long time too.

Jun 16 05 02:47 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

I still don't understand the need everyone seems to have with "covering up."  Whatever happened to skin?  Last time I looked there was NOTHING more receptive/responsive to touch and sensation than skin.  What's everyone around here trying to hide?

trying to hide..trying to be hide...lol.
Interesting that the moment Melvin brings up skin the thread deteriorates extremely quickly. I guess latex is less dangerous.

Jun 16 05 03:08 am Link