Forums > General Industry > More leather........... less vinyl & latex!!

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Posted by Melvin Moten Jr: 
I still don't understand the need everyone seems to have with "covering up."  Whatever happened to skin?  Last time I looked there was NOTHING more receptive/responsive to touch and sensation than skin.  What's everyone around here trying to hide?

The problem is I am trying to not touch my models....

But seriously, I like clothing, I like plumage on birds, clothing is armour that you wear to be percieved as what you wish. I am all for nude photography, but there is something about not seeing everything that makes it more erotic for me. Not the whole tease thing, but nude is very natural and if done right can be just innocent. But nude with a necklace on, or topless, or in sheer fabric. There really are times I find that to be a better photograph,

Star

Jun 16 05 08:19 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Has anyone noticed the inconsistencies of people who say "Don't wear leather" (or fur) yet they eat meat?  or the ones that don't eat meat but wear leather shoes???

Sorry, random thought...

Jun 16 05 04:31 pm Link

Model

tiffany lynn

Irwin, Pennsylvania, US

i like leather so much more..latex has that fake look..id rather wear leather

Jun 16 05 04:42 pm Link

Model

Kataxenna

London, England, United Kingdom

Posted by Capt Stu Beans: 
Vinyl is a staple in the fetish scene. From my perspective, its shiny as hell, and I love any reflective surfaces (its all about light for me)

https://www.stuartphotography.com/models/1glamour/1DSC_1468.jpg

That is a gorgeous shot!

I don't see a problem with latex...it's supposed to have a synthetic look because it is ! I prefer it personally because it clings and fits the body more accurately.

Leather would never hug my figure like latex or rubber does.

Jun 16 05 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I think this sounds a lot like the whole canon v. nikon, or film v. digital debate.  I think all the materials have various pros and cons and some are probably better for certain applications than others.

I'm not picky, I'll shoot 'em all.  Dammit I got to do some more fetish shoots!

Jun 16 05 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Mark - SydelineWorks

Wexford, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by LarryB: 
I think this sounds a lot like the whole canon v. nikon, or film v. digital debate.  I think all the materials have various pros and cons and some are probably better for certain applications than others.

I'm not picky, I'll shoot 'em all.  Dammit I got to do some more fetish shoots!

Canon/Nikon?  Film/Digi?  I do Fuji & digital!!  And yes.............. bring on the fetish shoots!!  *smile*

Jun 17 05 07:59 pm Link

Model

Jin

Martinsburg, West Virginia, US

Nice image.  I too love that corset.  lol  I like anything that's shiny, cool looking, hugs my body, and shows off my curves.

Jun 17 05 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

Mark - SydelineWorks

And outstanding curves they are!!  great for a "Leather" corset!!  When are you coming to shoot with me??  *smile*

Jun 18 05 05:50 am Link

Model

Hel Inferna

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by Reese: 
Has anyone noticed the inconsistencies of people who say "Don't wear leather" (or fur) yet they eat meat?  or the ones that don't eat meat but wear leather shoes???

Sorry, random thought...

Well, I brought it up. I don't wear leather shoes, I don't eat meat, I'm a vegan. Alot of the times you make think people have leather shoes on because imitation leather looks pretty much the same.

Jun 18 05 08:46 pm Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

sorry - I HATE leather..there is nothing sexy about dead animal skin.... or dead animal skin with fur on it

Im not a cave woman, I dont  wear animal skin

Jun 19 05 01:45 am Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

Posted by Hel Inferna: 

Posted by Reese: 

Sorry, random thought...

Well, I brought it up. I don't wear leather shoes, I don't eat meat, I'm a vegan. Alot of the times you make think people have leather shoes on because imitation leather looks pretty much the same.

I lack the willpower to go vegan... but I have the stregnth to at least buy something other than leather to wear - its easier to not wear leather, than to cut all meats from your diet

Jun 19 05 01:50 am Link

Photographer

Mark - SydelineWorks

Posted by Lady Atropos: 
sorry - I HATE leather..there is nothing sexy about dead animal skin.... or dead animal skin with fur on it

Im not a cave woman, I dont  wear animal skin

Have you ever been to an industrial/chemical plant??  I have as a machinery designer/builder.  Can be very disgusting.  Be glad you have a choice too............ as many people in the world don't.

Jun 19 05 06:14 am Link