Forums > General Industry > shooting snacks

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

Yeah Samantha Grace, we vegans DO ROCK!!! smile And Udo, that excludes you, cause you're not a complete vegan tongue
♀

Muffin... you know what I am always saying... "...I've got a textmessage for you... read between the line... " hahahahaaa

P.S.: I went with Mitch to a Malaysian restaurant with awsome veggie dishes... similar to Vegetarian Paradise... a.w.s.o.m.e. . . .  we've got to go there next time... got a menu for you too.

Jan 29 06 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

Los Angeles, California, US

i propose a cruelty-free, all vegan(s) shoot next time i'm on the east side.  you down elisaveta?

Jan 29 06 08:26 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:

this one is intently.  but, i'm still stuck on your rejection of uncle eddie's.  i have re-read the ingredients for both cookies, and see little difference.  how is fruit juice natural and 'not added?'  educate me, please, seriously.  and, for everyone else reading this thread, we are not so-called hijackers.  this is snack related damn it!

Well, there's not much difference between white sugar, refined sugar, evaporated cane juice, or cane juice, it's all added, yes; but compared to the fruit juice, which is also apparently added to the cookie in this case, it/fruit juice was however derived from the fruit itself...and not from sugar cane sticks which are used to make white sugar/brown sugar, etc. unnecessary sugars, that americans like to put on every single thing they sell, even though it is not NEEDED!!! Don't get me wrong though, you can chew on a sugar cane stick as it comes, it's natural and it's a good source of sweetness.

♀

Jan 29 06 08:26 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:

why don't i get any vegan love?  sniff.  i've been vegan for five years, and a vegetarian for as long as i can remember.

Hey Craig, we are giving you some love too...but quit those Uncle Eddie's and switch to Nana's... smile

♀
p.s. welcome to the vegan family!! smile
We should make a thread for us!

Jan 29 06 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

Monsante Bey wrote:
Perverts.

You like to munch on...................   what?

Model

Lillith Leda

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

craig wrote:
how is fruit juice natural and 'not added?'  educate me, please, seriously.  and, for everyone else reading this thread, we are not so-called hijackers.  this is snack related damn it!

Natural 100% fruit juice doesn't have added sugar, as in sucrose, as fruit naturally has sugar= fructose. When the percentage is lower it has added sugar.

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:
i propose a cruelty-free, all vegan(s) shoot next time i'm on the east side.  you down elisaveta?

I'm up for it, sure!
♀

Jan 29 06 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Shooting snacks? That`s mean. What did those poor dear snackies do to you?!
smile

Jan 29 06 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:
Well, there's not much difference between white sugar, refined sugar, evaporated cane juice, or cane juice, it's all added, yes; but compared to the fruit juice, which is also apparently added to the cookie in this case, it/fruit juice was however derived from the fruit itself...and not from sugar cane sticks which are used to make white sugar/brown sugar, etc. unnecessary sugars, that americans like to put on every single thing they sell, even though it is not NEEDED!!! Don't get me wrong though, you can chew on a sugar cane stick as it comes, it's natural and it's a good source of sweetness.

♀

do the research sweetie (intended), fruit juice is as bad for you as refined sugar.  without the fibre and other essential nutrients that fresh fruit provides, juice is as poisonous as the white stuff.  i don't drink it.  but, i love me some uncle eddie's cookies...in moderation.  i'm bringing a bag with me to new york, and i hope you'll try them.  they're made with love.

xxxc

Jan 29 06 08:31 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

UdoR wrote:

Muffin... you know what I am always saying... "...I've got a textmessage for you... read between the line... " hahahahaaa

P.S.: I went with Mitch to a Malaysian restaurant with awsome veggie dishes... similar to Vegetarian Paradise... a.w.s.o.m.e. . . .  we've got to go there next time... got a menu for you too.

Eehh, I don't know...Caravan of Dreams is great, too.
♀

Jan 29 06 08:31 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:

do the research sweetie (intended), fruit juice is as bad for you as refined sugar.  without the fibre and other essential nutrients that fresh fruit provides, juice is as poisonous as the white stuff.  i don't drink it.  but, i love me some uncle eddie's cookies...in moderation.  i'm bringing a bag with me to new york, and i hope you'll try them.  they're made with love.

xxxc

It's not as bad as evaporated cane juice, that's for sure...and no, I'm not trying them at all... wink

♀

Jan 29 06 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

Newzpix

Manassas, Georgia, US

Fresh fruit and raw vegies. Lots of water.

Nothing that will stick to teeth.

I graze during a shoot. That way I don't mind missing a meal.

Jan 29 06 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

Eehh, I don't know...Caravan of Dreams is great, too.
♀

We'll go there too... definetly... I am very curious...

But that one where I had the meeting with Mitch last night... I guarantee you'll love it!!!

Jan 29 06 08:35 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

Newzpix wrote:
Fresh fruit and raw vegies. Lots of water.

Nothing that will stick to teeth.

I graze during a shoot. That way I don't mind missing a meal.

Yep, smart choices, the fresher the better... smile
♀

Jan 29 06 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

It's not as bad as evaporated cane juice, that's for sure...and no, I'm not trying them at all... wink

♀

please...

okay, fine.  then, can i take you to my favorite restaurant in l.a.?  it's macrobiotic, but everything that doesn't have fish is vegan and amazing.  and, no, i'm not posting the name here, it's already too crowded.

Jan 29 06 08:58 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:

please...

okay, fine.  then, can i take you to my favorite restaurant in l.a.?  it's macrobiotic, but everything that doesn't have fish is vegan and amazing.  and, no, i'm not posting the name here, it's already too crowded.

LOL,
if I ever come to L.A. again, I'd love to check it out!!
♀

Jan 29 06 09:00 pm Link

Model

Lillith Leda

craig wrote:
please...

First "huh???" to the everything that doesn't have fish is vegan remark, secondly, is it in Santa Monica?

Jan 29 06 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

Lillith Leda wrote:

First "huh???" to the everything that doesn't have fish is vegan remark, secondly, is it in Santa Monica?

not in santa monica.  are you here?  i thought you were up north.  and 'huh' what?  what's wrong?

Jan 29 06 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

LOL,
if I ever come to L.A. again, I'd love to check it out!!
♀

date.  i mean deal.  when are you coming?

Jan 29 06 09:07 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

jon mmmayhem wrote:
at first i thought this was about lining up Oreos and mowing them down in a hail of gunfire. what a relief.

pr - Oreos are vegan now. still unhealthy as hell, but vegan nonetheless.

I was going to make a crack like this, but you beat me to it! Hehehe...

Jan 29 06 09:12 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:

date.  i mean deal.  when are you coming?

Tomorrow at 2pm at LAX!! AND be on time!! wink

♀

Model

Lillith Leda

craig wrote:
not in santa monica.  are you here?  i thought you were up north.  and 'huh' what?  what's wrong?

Nope, will be back down there in February though, awesome restaurant in Santa Monica!! And it gets seriously busy too!

The "huh" was... I don't understand your sentence about everything that doesn't have fish is vegan??

I must say, I love the fact that a great majority of people in America seem to think that when you don't eat red meat you're vegetarian, so I was wondering if that is what you were alluding to! smile

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

Lillith Leda wrote:
I must say, I love the fact that a great majority of people in America seem to think that when you don't eat red meat you're vegetarian

Ignorance is bliss!!
♀

Jan 29 06 09:17 pm Link

Model

Lillith Leda

elisaveta ♀ wrote:
Ignorance is bliss!!
♀

Haha unfortunately so! Also how many people eat cheese and have milk and think they're vegan!!

Jan 29 06 09:19 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

Lillith Leda wrote:

Haha unfortunately so! Also how many people eat cheese and have milk and think they're vegan!!

Haha, probably those who don't know they also come from animals... wink 

♀

Jan 29 06 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

Lillith Leda wrote:

Nope, will be back down there in February though, awesome restaurant in Santa Monica!! And it gets seriously busy too!

The "huh" was... I don't understand your sentence about everything that doesn't have fish is vegan??

I must say, I love the fact that a great majority of people in America seem to think that when you don't eat red meat you're vegetarian, so I was wondering if that is what you were alluding to! smile

i think you're talking aboput real food daily, or RFD as we like to call it.  they sweeten their cookies with maple syrup.  yeah, it's great but this other place (i emailed you the name) is really incredible.  also, check out native foods in westwood (and palm springs).  soooo good.  are you vegan?

and, yes, i too enjoy the fact that most people think that fish aren't animals and their flesh is not meat.  same with chickens.

i always call them out on that BS.

xoc

Jan 29 06 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

Tomorrow at 2pm at LAX!! AND be on time!! wink

♀

always.  and, please remember to take your glasses off when you deboard the plane.

xxc

Jan 29 06 09:26 pm Link

Model

Illeanna Chavira

Murrieta, California, US

ok so everyone is being so health conscience and a health freak...
im simple... water is a must.. room temp please....and a bottle of belvedere doesnt hurt!.. most photogs ive worked with have no prob with this... if anything i wit till they bring it up.
as far as snack... ill wait till after to shoot to really eat but raw almonds are a must~

Jan 29 06 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

Tejas Photography

Houston, Texas, US

I tried shooting HoHo's but they always showed up late and were difficult to work with.

Jan 29 06 09:27 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:

always.  and, please remember to take your glasses off when you deboard the plane.

xxc

no, I take them off only for shoots...sorry, gotta keep them on. wink
♀

Jan 29 06 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

♀

i'd like to extend a personal invitation to you to join my new thread: VEGANS only.  come over.

Jan 29 06 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

♀

i hope i recognize you.  i'll be the one with the blonde on my shoulder with blacked-out eyes.

Jan 29 06 09:33 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:

i hope i recognize you.  i'll be the one with the blonde on my shoulder with blacked-out eyes.

Yeah, not sure she'll be very happy about it though... wink
I'm in the new thread!
♀

Jan 29 06 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

Yeah, not sure she'll be very happy about it though... wink
I'm in the new thread!
♀

we're no longer seeing each other.  but. she had an equal appreciation for beautiful women, and surely would not have minded.  i hope you recognize me without her.

i can't find the new thread.  maybe the meat or dairy industry took it down.

Jan 29 06 09:49 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:

we're no longer seeing each other.  but. she had an equal appreciation for beautiful women, and surely would not have minded.  i hope you recognize me without her.

i can't find the new thread.  maybe the meat or dairy industry took it down.

It's in the off-topic forums. BDiaz moved it there, the best moderator!
♀

Jan 29 06 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:

xxc

Actually Craig;

Elisaveta looks really hot with the glasses... got that whole librarian/hot vixxen thingy going on...

Jan 29 06 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

UdoR wrote:

Actually Craig;

Elisaveta looks really hot with the glasses... got that whole librarian/hot vixxen thingy going on...

honestly, i can't imagine elisaveta ever not looking really hot.  you could put her in a potato sack, and she would be the hottest potato ever.

Jan 29 06 10:34 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Art Schotz wrote:

You like to munch on...................   what?

Carp-nevermind. Nothing.

Jan 29 06 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Ched wrote:
I like to eat almonds when I take pictures. Almonds are good. Mmm... almonds.

What do you munch on if anything?

Ohhh I thought you meant shooting snacks...

could go one of two ways

1. picture of Doritos
2. pictures a vampire does before biting

Jan 30 06 12:29 am Link

Model

Samantha Grace

craig wrote:

why don't i get any vegan love?  sniff.  i've been vegan for five years, and a vegetarian for as long as i can remember.

I am sorry Craig!! You rock as well! It just that elisaveta ♀ had that lovely head shoot. So, it must have caught me! Get a pretty girls head shot and maybe you will be a more noticed vegan. Or get a photo of a fluffy white cat with blue eyes!!
Haha, I like those kind of kitties!

Jan 30 06 12:49 am Link