Forums > General Industry > shooting snacks

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I like to eat almonds when I take pictures. Almonds are good. Mmm... almonds.

What do you munch on if anything?

Jan 29 06 10:46 am Link

Photographer

Rich Mohr

Chicago, Illinois, US

M&M's are always good... plain or with nuts!!  tongue

Jan 29 06 10:48 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Perverts.

Jan 29 06 10:51 am Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

Ched wrote:

I love raw almonds, they're great...what else, if anything wink  - carrots, whole wheat crackers, grapes, dried unsweetend fruit, raisins, prunes, NANA'S Vegan Cookies smile ...

♀

Jan 29 06 11:04 am Link

Photographer

c s e

Los Angeles, California, US

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

I love raw almonds, they're great...what else, if anything wink  - carrots, whole wheat crackers, grapes, dried unsweetend fruit, raisins, prunes, NANA'S Vegan Cookies smile ...

♀

are you vegan?!  does nyc have UNCLE EDDIE'S vegan cookies?  so addicting.  i'm kicking my habit this week...well, trying anyway.

Jan 29 06 11:08 am Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:
are you vegan?!  does nyc have UNCLE EDDIE'S vegan cookies?  so addicting.  i'm kicking my habit this week...well, trying anyway.

Yeah, I'm vegan...but check these out...YOU'll LOVE them! Esp. the Coconut chip...oh, God...the BEST ever... smile
http://healthycrowdcom.host-manager.com … oryid=9257

edit: they sell these cookies at Whole Foods, check'em out!!
♀

Jan 29 06 11:11 am Link

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

Yeah, I'm vegan...but check these out...YOU'll LOVE them! Esp. the Coconut chip...oh, God...the BEST ever... smile
http://healthycrowdcom.host-manager.com … oryid=9257

edit: they sell these cookies at Whole Foods, check'em out!!
♀

mmmm...coconut.  i buy young and fresh ones at whole foods.  that would make a perfect set snack.  just leave the machete on the craft service table.

have you had UNCLE EDDIE'S (available at whole foods, west)?  are you really vegan?  incredible...even more, and i didn't think it possible.

Jan 29 06 11:35 am Link

Photographer

Jim Cook

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I always have on hand for model & MUA, a variety of juices, bottled water, fresh coffee brewed and sliced apples & pears. So far no complaints and energy stays high for all. One recent model requested cheese & crackers. That screwed up her makeup and teeth pretty bad. :-) I won't do that again..

Jan 29 06 11:50 am Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

Ched wrote:

Just feed me almonds.  I'll do anything for almonds.  Mix in dried cranberries or cherries and you will never have to pay me.  Throw in fresh pineapple and guava juice and I will pay you.

Jan 29 06 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

John Lavery

Manchester, Connecticut, US

Monsante Bey wrote:
Perverts.

Guess you're not a vegan, then...

Jan 29 06 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

I don't eat while shooting. I'll wait till after the shoot to break for food. I don't care to shoot a model who's masticating on camera.

Jan 29 06 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

I always have a couple of cliff bars in my bag on location shoots...

Jan 29 06 04:47 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:
mmmm...coconut.  i buy young and fresh ones at whole foods.  that would make a perfect set snack.  just leave the machete on the craft service table.

have you had UNCLE EDDIE'S (available at whole foods, west)?  are you really vegan?  incredible...even more, and i didn't think it possible.

Craig, no, I have not tried Uncle Eddie's...I'll look at their ingredients...yes, I'm really vegan...hard core... wink lol

Jan 29 06 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

at first i thought this was about lining up Oreos and mowing them down in a hail of gunfire. what a relief.

pr - Oreos are vegan now. still unhealthy as hell, but vegan nonetheless.

Jan 29 06 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

John Lavery wrote:

Guess you're not a vegan, then...

Naw, just was bored this morning. lol

Jan 29 06 05:50 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

jon mmmayhem wrote:

Exactly, just because something is vegan, doesn't mean it's healthy...I was referring to those cookies up there, not only because they are vegan, but they are made only with natural ingredients, without any refined/white/brown sugars, additives, MSG's or dyes, no evaporated cane juices and stuff like that, no cane sugar either, and of course no dairy or eggs cause they're vegan....Great stuff, it's worth checking them out...
♀

Jan 29 06 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

jon mmmayhem wrote:

I remember hearing San Francisco tried to outlaw Oreos to make a point about nutrition last year. Anyone else hear about that? I don't know if it was true or not.

Jan 29 06 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Feed the models!

Jan 29 06 05:59 pm Link

Model

diem

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Ched wrote:
Feed the models!

i agree

Jan 29 06 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

Two words:

Chex Mix (the original flavor).  I usually bring a bag to the studio for the shoot and the models usually eat it up...  I don't mind, it's why I bring it.  smile

Jan 29 06 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:
Craig, no, I have not tried Uncle Eddie's...I'll look at their ingredients...yes, I'm really vegan...hard core... wink lol

email me your address.  i am putting together a care package.  hardcore.

xoc

Jan 29 06 07:38 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:

email me your address.  i am putting together a care package.  hardcore.

xoc

I checked those Uncle Eddie's cookies on line, but they have evaporated cane juice... sad , sorry, won't cut it...
but the Nana's cookies don't, did you check them out??
http://healthycrowdcom.host-manager.com … ctid=10232  (look at the ingredients)
♀

Jan 29 06 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

Martini

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

I like to put out a little plate during the day myself. My photo sessions are not commerce to me, so I like to make the model feel at home and comfortable, and have a nice, relaxed shoot. I'll generally ask what a model might like to have around during the day. My personal standard is a couple or more nice styles of French cheese, fruit, mixed olives, peppered salami, proscuitto or chorizo, crackers/bread, and a bottle of red if one so desires. If you're a militant vegan, then I might just take you to the grocery store too.

And if you're REALLY nice, then I'll share my dark chocolate! .-}

CALLING ALL NY MODELS!!!

That means you Elisaveta. ;-}

Cheers,
Martini

Jan 29 06 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

I checked those Uncle Eddie's cookies on line, but they have evaporated cane juice... sad , sorry, won't cut it...
but the Nana's cookies don't, did you check them out??
http://healthycrowdcom.host-manager.com … ctid=10232  (look at the ingredients)
♀

whoa, wait a minute.  are you sugar free too?  the link you sent me shows fruit juice as an ingredient and 9g of sugar per serving, or 18g per cookie.  why no evaporated cane juice?  cancelling your gift box order...

c

Jan 29 06 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

This is a strange thread!  I don't eat anything while shooting.   But many times I do keep a bottle of water with me in case I get thirsty.

Jan 29 06 08:01 pm Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

This is a funny thread!  I thought it was going to be about advice on how to Photograph Food Snacks!

I never eat during a studio shoot.....but I do need plenty of caffeine, so I usually bring Dr Pepper or Vitamin Water. In Chicago, the tradition was we all went out to Dinner after the shoot anyways.

On location outdoors, its a long day in the middle of nowhere, sometimes I'm gone all day, so I do bring Cliff Bars to snack on while hiking or driving around.

Jan 29 06 08:02 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:

whoa, wait a minute.  are you sugar free too?  the link you sent me shows fruit juice as an ingredient and 9g of sugar per serving, or 18g per cookie.  why no evaporated cane juice?  cancelling your gift box order...

c

Fruit juice yes, added sugars and evaporated cane juice or cane sugar I try to stay away from...yes, there's some grams of sugar, but it's natural, not added...Nutritional info is great as fars as giving you the amount of sugar, fat, carbs, protein, etc. per gram, but the ingredients is actually what counts the most; what's in IT!!

♀

Jan 29 06 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I don't eat during shoots at all... got to stay focused...

If there is a very long shoot... we'll break for food... pizza or whatever... but otherwise, I need to concentrate and I don't want to see the models belly swell from food.

What Elisaveta described is great food in general, healthy and nutritious... and raw almonds don't bloat, but also only during breaks.

Jan 29 06 08:05 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

I don't eat much if anything during shoot either, because...you're there to shoot, not eat after all; but maybe after the shoot...
♀

Jan 29 06 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:
I don't eat much if anything during shoot either, because...you're there to shoot, not eat after all; but maybe after the shoot...
♀

i'm too nervous to eat.  i just drink heavily instead.

Jan 29 06 08:10 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:

i'm too nervous to eat.  i just drink heavily instead.

Drinking....hmm...water you mean??? wink
♀

Jan 29 06 08:10 pm Link

Model

Samantha Grace

I like the photographers to normally ask me. Because most people do not know I am vegan. Meaning I do not eat any animal products at all.
So, no candy bars since they have milk chocolate. No, oreos or sugar cookies since that contains butter and milk.

For my last shoot with Chrissy Daniels, she got a veggie platter and made tea. It hit the spot for me.

But if you plan on having snacks, always ask the model if she has any dietry issues.
Because you might run into a diabetic or something as well.

Jan 29 06 08:11 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

Samantha Grace wrote:
I like the photographers to normally ask me. Because most people do not know I am vegan. Meaning I do not eat any animal products at all.
So, no candy bars since they have milk chocolate. No, oreos or sugar cookies since that contains butter and milk.

For my last shoot with Chrissy Daniels, she got a veggie platter and made tea. It hit the spot for me.

But if you plan on having snacks, always ask the model if she has any dietry issues.
Because you might run into a diabetic or something as well.

Totally agree. Being a vegan myself, photographers should ask definitely!! I hope they are reading this thread... smile

♀

Jan 29 06 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

Drinking....hmm...water you mean??? wink
♀

i prefer hendricks with soda (less sugar), or a spanish red wine.  try the 1999 conde de valdemar.

if i'm shooting during the day (and i usually do, since i don't know a thing about lighting): smartwater.

Jan 29 06 08:14 pm Link

Model

Samantha Grace

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

Fruit juice yes, added sugars and evaporated cane juice or cane sugar I try to stay away from...yes, there's some grams of sugar, but it's natural, not added...Nutritional info is great as fars as giving you the amount of sugar, fat, carbs, protein, etc. per gram, but the ingredients is actually what counts the most; what's in IT!!

♀

elisaveta ♀!!! You and I are on the same page!!
You are a vegan who eats all natural. You stay away from additives and sugar!!!
I get excited when I mean others who are healthy ones as well.
I live in the midwest and I run acrossed very few like us, in the land of meat and potatoes!

Jan 29 06 08:15 pm Link

Model

Lillith Leda

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Ched wrote:
Feed the models!

Feeeeeeed meeeeee Seymore!!!

Jan 29 06 08:19 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

Samantha Grace wrote:
I live in the midwest and I run acrossed very few like us, in the land of meat and potatoes!

Yeah Samantha Grace, we vegans DO ROCK!!! smile And Udo, that excludes you, cause you're not a complete vegan tongue

♀

Photographer

c s e

elisaveta ♀ wrote:
Totally agree. Being a vegan myself, photographers should ask definitely!! I hope they are reading this thread... smile

♀

this one is intently.  but, i'm still stuck on your rejection of uncle eddie's.  i have re-read the ingredients for both cookies, and see little difference.  how is fruit juice natural and 'not added?'  educate me, please, seriously.  and, for everyone else reading this thread, we are not so-called hijackers.  this is snack related damn it!

Model

Eden Alexander

Beverly Hills, California, US

one word:
cheeseburgers!

Jan 29 06 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

Samantha Grace wrote:

why don't i get any vegan love?  sniff.  i've been vegan for five years, and a vegetarian for as long as i can remember.

Jan 29 06 08:24 pm Link