Madison, Mississippi, US

Depends on what you are looking for.

Jan 26 06 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Second Glance wrote:

Define "better."

who has give you a better shoot...i have worked with all the above, and i have to say that strippers out perform in most areas...that being said, stripper shoots involve far too much drma for my weak heart to take.

Jan 26 06 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

ericphotonyc

Brooklyn, New York, US

Depends who takes the images, right?  Not to mention who is looking at it.

Jan 26 06 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I like the models that are stripping on the side to pay for their college (where they are majoring in drama)...
Now that makes for a great shoot.

Jan 26 06 12:18 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

I vote for dancers,

but I do love Burlesque dancers, so maybe mkinda like astripper,

Star

Jan 26 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Morton Visuals

Hope, Idaho, US

BCG wrote:
who has give you a better shoot...i have worked with all the above, and i have to say that strippers out perform in most areas...that being said, stripper shoots involve far too much drma for my weak heart to take.

I've had the most FUN shoots with strippers, since they are usually uninhibited and will give anything a try. They also usually try to make things fun for all involved. Traditional agency models are usually all business, and much "drier" (for lack of a better word). "Internet models" seem to think that they are the next Pamela Anderson, and that they should be able to make $1200+/day for anything.

That being said, I feel like I get stronger and more useable images from agency models - assuming that I'm seeking images that I can use in the commercial market. Many of the strippers have a very "hard" or "worn" look.

Wm

Jan 26 06 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

BCG wrote:
who provides a better still image???

Could you possibly be more vague?

Jan 26 06 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

BCG wrote:

My money's on photographers.

Jan 26 06 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

Depends.  Models are... well, it depends what kind of model and what kind of concept.  Actors... great for range of expression.  Strippers... only done it a few times, one of them was homeless and an addict and hadn't had a bath in days and still the charisma was evident, the shots worked as existential portraits but were not exactly what I'd call glamorous.

Jan 26 06 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

Morton Visuals

Hope, Idaho, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

ROTFL!  Here, Here!!! 

Jan 26 06 04:39 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Actually, none of the above, in my experience.  Classically trained dancers [modern, ballet, etc.] make the best models of all.  I learned photography at a college with a strong theatre arts program, and the dancers I worked with there had more felxibility, fewer issues, a better understanding of artistic concepts, more energy/stamina, and a far superior ability to take direction than any actor, model or stripper I've ever worked with.  It's always been my theory that dancers have to break through so many barriers, both physical and psychological, that by the time they reach a certain level, their creativity outweighs anything else.

Jan 26 06 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

AllenA

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

The one with confidence, mate... confidence...

Jan 26 06 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Goodwin

Phoenix, Arizona, US

BCG wrote:

The best looking one.

Jan 26 06 11:45 pm Link

Model

Brandy Engle

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

T H Taylor wrote:
I like the models that are stripping on the side to pay for their college (where they are majoring in drama).

Hahahaha Chris Rock confirmed that to be a MYTH! I have yet to meet a person that was a stripper that was only doing it to pay for college. However, I've heard of a woman that did it to make money to move to another state and never did it again. tongue I say heard of because it was my boyfriends friend. hah

But yeah, performance pictures are great. It's fun when you catch a good act and shit like that. tongue

Jan 27 06 01:43 am Link

Photographer

Torrence Williams

Dallas, Texas, US

BCG wrote:

I have worked with all the above too. In most cases you will give the nod to an "exotic dancer" if you are looking to do a "sexy" picture.  But the BOTTOM LINE is whomoever knows how to work the camera the best. It doesn't matter what your modeling background is....

Jan 27 06 02:22 am Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

Pay the man!

Jan 27 06 03:38 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

Ken Mierzwa wrote:
Depends.  Models are... well, it depends what kind of model and what kind of concept.  Actors... great for range of expression.  Strippers... only done it a few times, one of them was homeless and an addict and hadn't had a bath in days and still the charisma was evident, the shots worked as existential portraits but were not exactly what I'd call glamorous.

Are any posted??  if so Which ones??

Hey who (else)  here posts in an altered state??

Jan 27 06 04:01 am Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

Brian beat me to it... photographer!

Jan 27 06 04:35 am Link

Photographer

Tejas Photography

Houston, Texas, US

Torrence Williams wrote:

I have worked with all the above too. In most cases you will give the nod to an "exotic dancer" if you are looking to do a "sexy" picture.  But the BOTTOM LINE is whomoever knows how to work the camera the best. It doesn't matter what your modeling background is....

I agree with Torrence.

“Entertainersâ€? as we call them do Sexy very well and they have the sexy clothes and Boots! Oh wait this is not the boot thread, sorry.  Plus they qualify are actors as well, hell they even tell me how much they Love Me, but mainly cause I can fire them.  However in my limited experience with models, they are much easier to work with.

Jan 27 06 04:37 am Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

lol...you beat me too it....

but i say strippers for what i do due o that they are more comfortable with themselves--self esteem wise.

Jan 27 06 05:01 am Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

Acting ability, wnergy and enthusiasm are what I look for - someone who can present a character and have fun doing it.

This may be an accountant.

There are lots of "actresses" who cannot act - and "models" who cannot pose - ans strippers who look like crap.  Rather have an accountant with personality and enrgy than any of the above.

Jan 27 06 05:18 am Link

Model

bare_bliss

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

I HATE stripper profiling.  Strippers come in all shapes, sizes, styles and attitudes.  Just like models, actors and accountants.

Jan 27 06 05:43 am Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

For what I am looking for, I would say actresses provide the best images.  I'm trying to get the model to convey emotions (fear, anger, sadness, helplessness) that they are really not experiencing during the shoot (most times, we're laughing and smiling a lot), so there is a lot of acting involved.

Jan 27 06 07:43 am Link

Photographer

Aswad Issa

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Actors all the way.

Models come in a distant second.

I avoid strippers(aka whores)... they're flakey & have mental problems.

Jan 27 06 08:10 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Model?;.......... or stripper?;....... or model stripper?

Studio36

Jan 27 06 09:04 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

Jim Goodwin wrote:

The best looking one.

Nope, not neccesarily true. Some very beautiful people photograph horribly

Jan 28 06 02:14 am Link

Model

Samantha Grace

T H Taylor wrote:
I like the models that are stripping on the side to pay for their college (where they are majoring in drama)...
Now that makes for a great shoot.

Hahahaha!

Jan 28 06 02:18 am Link

Model

Samantha Grace

Brandy Engle wrote:

Hahahaha Chris Rock confirmed that to be a MYTH! I have yet to meet a person that was a stripper that was only doing it to pay for college. However, I've heard of a woman that did it to make money to move to another state and never did it again. tongue I say heard of because it was my boyfriends friend. hah

But yeah, performance pictures are great. It's fun when you catch a good act and shit like that. tongue

I know a model who strip in college, she was a drama major. It wasn't me either.

Jan 28 06 02:20 am Link

Photographer

artist

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

BCG wrote:

Dancers.

Modern Dancers, especially.

They don't make the "fuck me" faces or play with their crotches very much.  They don't have the stylized moves of the ballet dancers or gymnists.  They are fluid, open to almost any creative direction, without talking first to their agent, and they come in a great variety of sizes, shapes and sexes.   (No, not a mistype )

Scott
aka Bodyartist.

Jan 28 06 02:23 am Link

Model

safiraangel

Killeen, Texas, US

Aswad Issa wrote:
Actors all the way.

Thank you. It's nice to know that when I resorted to stripping to take care of my daughters (while I was also going to college to finish my degree I might add) it automatically made me a whore. Actually at the time I wasn't having sex with anyone so whore isn't quite accurate. Am I proud of the fact that I was a stripper? Well, I'm proud of the fact that I was able to take care of two small children when my husband decided to leave me after he'd spent my last paycheck from the Army and rent was due. Life happens and people do things for a lot of different reasons.

Sorry to hijack the thread for a moment but it bothers me that statements like that can be made and it's just brushed to the side like it's okay. It's really not. There are flakey people in all walks of life and in all professions.

Jan 28 06 02:31 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

I worked with one stripper. She was a piercer at a tat shop in town and I needed people with tats and piercings. She was also a stripper. The only model who I actually had to say"No, not yet, put that back on for a few more shots!"
lol
She was like a little baby who couldn`t stand being clothed.

Jan 28 06 02:31 am Link

Model

kylie2night

Denver, Colorado, US

Aswad Issa wrote:
Actors all the way.

This is what happens when narrow minded people don't think about things before saying (or typing) them. Just because someone is a stripper does not mean they  are whore's or have mental problems. Take a look around mental cases and whores are everywhere, not just in strip clubs.

Jan 28 06 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

studio36uk wrote:
Model?;.......... or stripper?;....... or model stripper?

Would she happen to be from the Bay area in California?

Jan 28 06 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
Would she happen to be from the Bay area in California?

It's possible. That photo was taken when she was in the mid-west and my mate, who took it, lost track of her though he tells me she is now on the west coast somewhere but doesn't think she is dancing now. I happened to have that image from him in my comp for some edit work for his website.

Studio36

Jan 28 06 09:46 pm Link

Model

NameRemovedPerUser

Perrysburg, New York, US

safiraangel wrote:
Thank you. It's nice to know that when I resorted to stripping to take care of my daughters (while I was also going to college to finish my degree I might add) it automatically made me a whore. Actually at the time I wasn't having sex with anyone so whore isn't quite accurate. Am I proud of the fact that I was a stripper? Well, I'm proud of the fact that I was able to take care of two small children when my husband decided to leave me after he'd spent my last paycheck from the Army and rent was due. Life happens and people do things for a lot of different reasons.

Sorry to hijack the thread for a moment but it bothers me that statements like that can be made and it's just brushed to the side like it's okay. It's really not. There are flakey people in all walks of life and in all professions.

Very well said. I find it ridiculous that people define others based on their hobbies, career choice etc. I guess that stereotypes make people feel knowledgable and better about themselves. As you said, different people do things for different reasons. I got into dancing long after I got into photography because I found it exhilerating and enjoyable. And no, I absolutely don't fit the "typical stripper" stereotype. (Kudos to you for taking care of your children and being a good parent and a strong woman).

Jan 28 06 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Landra Lee Photography

Aswad Issa wrote:

This was uncalled for. Period.

Jan 28 06 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

PlasticPuppet

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Aswad Issa wrote:

Haha, jackass. 

Anyways, I've worked with all three, well they claimed they were in one of those three groups, and anyone with a significant amount of performance artistry, or experience under their belt were great -- so strippers were way up there, out of the box they were unihibited and fun to work with.  That being said, strippers were way more likely to cancel, way more likely to generally flake out, and generally have more baggage  that's just my experience, not all were like that. 

So I would recommend anyone with experience and is mature about it, whore or not, if they take good pictures so what its the end result that counts smile

Jan 29 06 01:28 am Link

Model

Eden Alexander

Beverly Hills, California, US

Ken Mierzwa wrote:

from now on, let's ONLY use stereotypes!
*She lifts her head proudly to the sky,then suddenly Eden falls off her high horse.*

Jan 29 06 08:25 pm Link