Forums > General Industry > no one loves a male model

Model

steve atlantis

I have been trying to gather a good folio but cant find many good togs(male and female) to help me out, can any body help me

Jan 13 06 10:46 am Link

Model

steve atlantis

see no one wants me

Jan 13 06 11:18 am Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

have some patience, sweetheart smile

have you personally contacted photographers?

Jan 13 06 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Images By Ijumo

Atlanta, Georgia, US

If you were here in ATL.. I would love to work with you

Jan 13 06 11:28 am Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

I have found that it is a bit more difficult to find photographers interested in shooting men on a TFP basis too.  I think that it is because many of the photogs are male and in the business because they like to work with females (it's only natural).  Also, the demand for commercial imagery with females is much higher for two reasons: 1.) Women buy more than 80% of apparel, 2.) Men are more prone to spend money to see photos of hot women much more than women are willing to pay to see photos of hot men.  Stick with it though, there are some photographers out there that work in niche markets and take on the challenge of shooting men for art and commercial.

Jan 13 06 11:31 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Location. I'm always looking for fit males to add to my port.

Jan 13 06 11:35 am Link

Model

steve atlantis

IsabelAurora wrote:
have some patience, sweetheart smile

have you personally contacted photographers?

I HAVE LEFT SO MANY MESSAGES I CANT REMEMBER WHO I HAVENT DONE SO THOUGHT ID TRY THIS ROUTE.
THANK U FOR POSTING IN

Jan 13 06 11:36 am Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

I think you should come to NC and work with me and JM Dean wink

Jan 13 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Majestic Visions

Memphis, Tennessee, US

TFP to be offered here for male models.  slim pickins for male models.

Jan 13 06 11:45 am Link

Photographer

- null -

steve atlantis wrote:
I have been trying to gather a good folio but cant find many good togs(male and female) to help me out, can any body help me

What the hell is a tog?

Is that like Trogdor?

https://brad.touesnard.com/images/trogdor.gif

Jan 13 06 12:47 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Eep... people around here generally find "tog" to be a derisive term.  "Photog" isn't really any better.

In any case, good luck with your search!

Jan 13 06 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Yes, I prefer to be called an idiographer. I don't care if that means I am the idiot or that I am taking pics of idiots, it works either way....

Jan 13 06 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

But seriously, I think your location is your biggest problem.

Jan 13 06 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Yep, location is always my biggest problem. I see lots of people I'd like to work with, and who are willing to work with me, but, alas, my teleportation device is in the shop.

Jan 13 06 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

GregBrown

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Steve.....I want you....Don't cry....just strap on your water wings and jump in the ocean....Ijumo and I will meet you at the shore!  Dunno what to tell you--have you tried going to an agency, and asking for their photographer's list?  Most of them here have photographers they reccommend to their new models, and there might be someone on their list willing to work with you.  Let me know when you're on the way--aim for Savannah!  SPLASH!

Jan 13 06 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

If you were willing to come to Pittsburgh...and take off all your clothes...and agree to be bound and gagged...it would be all good.

Oh, nevermind.

wink

Jan 13 06 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Aitken

Seattle, Washington, US

Sadly, I agree with most everyone else. The problem is location. You live practically half way round the planet from me.

I, for one, would be happy to work with you... provided you can get yourself to Seattle (at your own expense).

Seriously. While there are a few models and photographers from other areas, this site is largely dominated by people in the US and Canada. Strictly by the numbers, I don't think there are many photographers here from Britain. In fact, I don't recall encountering any (I have noticed a few models from England). You might see if there are some similar resources specifically targeted to your area.

And if you ever make it to Seattle, give me a ring. :-)

Jan 13 06 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

ChrisChris

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

i've shot more men than woman. for no special reason.
i live in sweden though.

Jan 14 06 03:41 am Link

Model

Troy

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

steve atlantis wrote:

I HAVE LEFT SO MANY MESSAGES I CANT REMEMBER WHO I HAVENT DONE SO THOUGHT ID TRY THIS ROUTE.
THANK U FOR POSTING IN

hey steve, as someone in the same boat as u, all i can say is stick with it. if u sent 1000 emails yesterday, send 2,000 today. the more u persist, the more it'll pay off in the long run. best of luck to u!

Jan 14 06 03:58 am Link

Photographer

Frank Hart

Port Republic, New Jersey, US

You are on the wrong side of the big pond. Want TFP--catch the next plane.

Jan 14 06 06:00 am Link

Photographer

Artbroken Images

Chicago, Illinois, US

MEWanoDesigns wrote:
Yep, location is always my biggest problem. I see lots of people I'd like to work with, and who are willing to work with me, but, alas, my teleportation device is in the shop.

Yeah mine too! I'm starting to think all of those damn teleportation devices are lemons! Anyways... I can't let this topic pass without saying to the male models in general; If your machine is somehow working and you can get here, let's set something up.

Jan 14 06 07:51 am Link

Photographer

EyeBully

New York, New York, US

Now make that 3 people in Atlanta interested. May be worth the "investment" to come abroad.
Dhaniel

Jan 14 06 09:57 am Link

Photographer

Jack North

Benicia, California, US

steve atlantis wrote:

Hey Steve, MM is a great place but maybe you should try a different site for TFP in your area. I am thinking of AMZ - aren't they more established in your area?

Jan 14 06 09:58 am Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Steve, there has to be a female model that needs some shots as well?  You could try hooking up with her.  Besides, you could use a few girl / guy shots.  How did you get started in the first place?  Are you with any agencies? Are there any within 50 miles? Then of course there is the old fashion way, you could hire a photographer and then you have the control!  Good luck.  R-

Jan 16 06 12:24 am Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

I have no problem, but you may want to contact Hair Stylist and MUA's to see if they will do a TFP shoot with you they normally would have a photographer they work with on a regular basis, or you may have to pay the kit fee of the MUA. I have found a photographer is more likely work with a model TFP if there is a MUA involved, another way is contact a female model in your area ask them if they would like to do a shoot together with you and have them contact the photographer for a TFP shoot, I do not know that many photographers that would say no to a pretty face of a model smile

Jan 16 06 01:17 am Link