Forums > General Industry > Corsets............

Photographer

Mark - SydelineWorks

Wexford, Pennsylvania, US

I luv 'em.......and always have.  And is it my imagination or are we seeing an upsurge of corsets in more mainstream photos?? 

Jun 03 05 12:49 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

....are proof there's a God. 

Jun 03 05 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Wicked Hailey

Round Rock, Texas, US

They always say fashion repeats itself. I think there is a large number of models out there who have an intrest in corsets and photographers looking to break free of the typical ideals that fashion has been restricted to (what is up with FUR?! and feathers???) It is funny how something that is constraining is the one thing that can set us free...hehehehe

Jun 03 05 12:55 pm Link

Model

Tanya O

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I love em. Not big on extreme tightlacing though.

Jun 03 05 01:18 pm Link

Model

Contessa HoneyWillow

Portland, Oregon, US

I love corsets!  They're my favorite thing to wear!

Jun 03 05 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

vlad voloshin

New York, New York, US

i don't know if that's huge trend in mainstream fashion magazines but certainly in non-mainstream like Zink
also it seems that corset design became very sophisticated and uses all new age materials which makes it a whole other type of clothing article
I love that stuff smile

Jun 03 05 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

MadeBySam

Austin, Texas, US

As a corset maker in my day job, I can only hope there's an upsurge! I'm certainly trying to do my part...
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/DarkLeather/CherieLeopard17.jpg
--Sam

Jun 03 05 01:33 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I do see more corestry, or at least sorset styled tops, in mainstream fashion. It's been on a down turn, but Moulin Rougehad everone in corsets for a while.

At this point, I really don't wear corsets unless it's for tightlacing. It's looks odd to me to see somone corseted and only cinched in about an inch.

Jun 03 05 01:48 pm Link

Model

Jessika Rae

Akron, Ohio, US

I love wearing corsets - they make me feel sexy and powerful.  Though my boobs are big enough without it, it gives it an added touch.  I think corsets set with a really nice wardrobe can be beautiful.

Jun 03 05 02:33 pm Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

I've always loved corsets and I'm lucky that I can get custom made ones for free. They are nice cause you can made them in many different styles, from classy to trashy and anything inbetween.

Jun 03 05 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

For extra money I'm a background actor on Rent, so I gotta go. But I am wearing a corset right now....

Star

Jun 03 05 05:43 pm Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

Corsets are very sexy - Im glad they are making a come back

Jun 03 05 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

DJTalStudios

Seattle, Washington, US

I was in a book with my Ex-Wife called under the corset. I didn't like the shot myself but seems the photographer got the most comments from it. I will see If I can find the pic.

Jun 03 05 10:51 pm Link

Model

Mistress Purgatori

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I feel every woman should own a corset,it makes any woman look better.rather if your big,small,flat chested or big breasted.
corsets are hot.I have noticed corsets showing up more in mainstream now.and LEILA haha how do you get custom-made corsets for free?gimmie your secret haha.
xxx
MP

Jun 03 05 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

I'm kinda glad they're in style now, but in style or not they will always be loved by people like me, and it seems by a lot of you as well. I love the look of them, the passion of them, and I love shooting them!!!

Jun 04 05 02:08 am Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

Posted by Mistress Purgatori: 
LEILA haha how do you get custom-made corsets for free?gimmie your secret haha.
xxx
MP

My best friend makes them (and a lot of other things). So far he has made me a leather one and a black an red satin one. He's thinking of starting up his own company but in the mean time I get a bunch of free ones smile

Jun 04 05 07:32 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Leila, I am jealous,and I would like to say that after years of wearing corset style tops (which I called liquid sex) I got a REAL voillers corset..spent several hundred on it...and it is tight laced. Makes me feel powerful too, because when I wear it along with my PVC boots...I need to be waited on hand and foot...I can barely move. However, I amlooking forward to doing a shoot with this stuff. havent had a chance to yet.

Jun 04 05 07:49 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by Lapis: 
Leila, I am jealous,and I would like to say that after years of wearing corset style tops (which I called liquid sex) I got a REAL voillers corset..spent several hundred on it...and it is tight laced. Makes me feel powerful too, because when I wear it along with my PVC boots...I need to be waited on hand and foot...I can barely move. However, I amlooking forward to doing a shoot with this stuff. havent had a chance to yet.

save it for when i get to chicago!  or when you come back to PA!

Jun 04 05 07:51 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Better get here fast Melvin!

Jun 04 05 08:04 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Hell, when I go clubbing, I see girls wearing corsets.  It's going mainstream.  WTF?!

I hope it doesn't get played out.  I love corsets.

Jun 04 05 02:39 pm Link

Model

Sarah Marie Hilker

Los Angeles, California, US

I love corsets...real ones.  I hate those plastic boning wussy corsets.  They never fit right.

Jun 04 05 03:03 pm Link

Model

Goddess Erinys

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Nothing better!

Jun 04 05 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

Mark - SydelineWorks

Wexford, Pennsylvania, US

Clubin'??  Check my avatar photo!!  60 y/o Red in white leather corset from meschantes...... and would switch from mini skirt/thigh boots to floor length black satin hobble skirt with kick slit...... and 3-4 inch heels and go clubin'!!  Pissed the 20-somethin' girls because their B/F's paid attention to her in corset while they wore jeans/tanks.

Jun 04 05 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Mark Leighty wrote:
I luv 'em.......and always have.  And is it my imagination or are we seeing an upsurge of corsets in more mainstream photos??

yes.

Jan 14 07 03:10 pm Link

Model

Kelley Gayle

Windsor, Colorado, US

An artist here in Oklahoma (Nicole Moan) makes ceramic corsets and I got the opportunity to model one for her.  It was the first time I'd worn one and I LOVED it!  I plan on adding some to my wardrobe very very soon....

Jan 14 07 03:12 pm Link

Model

Chelsea Lauren

Gresham, Oregon, US

I love corsets.  The tighter, the better.  I guess I am an odd one. haha.

Jan 14 07 03:13 pm Link

Model

io

New York, New York, US

Yes, but so many I see on celebs and in mainstream mags are poorly fitted or not laced tightly enough...
Nevermind, I'm such a snob...

Jan 14 07 03:16 pm Link

Model

Shel

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I love corsets too, but I'm too short waisted to wear them!  :-(

Jan 14 07 03:19 pm Link

Model

Danica Lee

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Love corsets, oh yes.

Though the 'mainstream' ones popping up in stores are usually only plastic boned or not at all, just sewn to look like there is boning.

I have the advantage of having three stores reasonably close that all sell the real steel boned jobs. My favourite store imports all the european made corsets, which are just divine. The other two stores make their own, and their quality has been improving - unfortunately their prices have surged with their popularity.

Jan 14 07 05:23 pm Link

Model

arianna77

Germantown, Maryland, US

Shel wrote:
I love corsets too, but I'm too short waisted to wear them!  :-(

If you get a custom one made that won't make a difference, because it's made for your body.  I recommend www.galleryserpentine.com, excellent work, and the prices are very reasonable.

Jan 14 07 11:42 pm Link

Model

Lady Afrodyte

Fresno, California, US

looooove corsets I'm actually in the process of designing a couple more for myself and a friend. Hopefully I can find the right boning this time. It's super hard to find the metal bands I need around here.

Jan 14 07 11:44 pm Link

Model

lexxwolfen

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Absolutely love corsets. I have three at the moment and am looking to expand my little collection.
Nothing more feminine than a woman in a corset.

Jan 14 07 11:46 pm Link

Model

Shel

Phoenix, Arizona, US

arianna77 wrote:

If you get a custom one made that won't make a difference, because it's made for your body.  I recommend www.galleryserpentine.com, excellent work, and the prices are very reasonable.

Oh my heck!  Love the site!  Thanks!!!!

Jan 15 07 12:53 am Link

Model

Orpheus Faust

Seattle, Washington, US

I second galleryserpentine.com. its awesome

Jan 15 07 03:37 am Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

I bought my first corset last fall and I'm SO in love with it! I want more!! It's in one pf my pix actually...

Jan 15 07 08:34 am Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Can't beat a good custom made corset.  I've gotten quite a collection myself and I just love the way they feel.   I've got a new custom one arriving soon and I'm on pins and needles with excitement.  I don't care if they are or aren't popular in mainstream fashion.  I will continue to wear them.

Jan 15 07 11:03 am Link

Model

Savvy1007

Mark Leighty wrote:

There sure is...  Including corset style wedding dresses...

Jan 15 07 11:05 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dawn Geary

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Corsets are seeing a big upswing with the 'burlesque' movement in fashion. As burlesque moved from underground to mainstream, it's come back into vogue.

Jan 15 07 11:11 am Link

Photographer

Strahd SA

Pontefract, England, United Kingdom

I looove corsets as you can see from my avatar. A good friend of mine is the only fully trained custom corstier in South Africa. Check out her site with the rand dollar exchange rate you will get a great deal.

www.arwen.co.za  She is a model to she is in a couple o shots in my port wearing her own corsets of course.

Jan 15 07 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon, France

did someone say corsets? https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=2053900
18+  :-)

Jan 15 07 11:26 am Link