Forums > General Industry > Americas Next Top Model Finale

Model

Mayae

Toledo, Illinois, US

I was a little disappointed. I believed that they should have picked Nik, thats just my opinion. What did you guys think of the finale?

Dec 08 05 12:14 am Link

Photographer

Best Light Images

Palm City, Florida, US

MAN I should not have read this, I Tivoed it and now I know the results. lol

My daughter and I watch this show religiously.  I actually wanted Nicole to win,  I think she is more energenic and has more looks than Nic.

Dec 08 05 12:21 am Link

Photographer

luciano Mello

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil

Nik is amazing but flat, Nicole is just fresh and so funny, I would love to work with both girls, but one thing for sure,  What is the thing with that Naima girl, she is  ugly... oh come on!!! Am I the only one?  I love that show some B.S about the way they choose the girls but I belive every single model or wannabe should tape and watch and watch is better than any school, you have a lot tips about how to modeling and work in front of the camera. Amazing.  I like to see the photoshootings, is amazing how just some photographers direct the model I would ask that Jay guy to shut up in the first five minutes... LOL   Well is just my opnion.

Dec 08 05 12:28 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

ANTM is just filler until Project Runway comes on.

But Nik should have won.  I said that weeks ago.  (To myself.)

Dec 08 05 02:01 am Link

Photographer

Phoenixtear

Hoover, Alabama, US

luciano  Mello wrote:
I like to see the photoshootings, is amazing how just some photographers direct the model .....

I do too! Its mostly what I watch it for,  nice to get ideas! big_smile

Dec 08 05 04:14 am Link

Model

Jenni L

Westerville, Ohio, US

Nik is very good, but I do think that Nicole is more versatile.  Nik pretty much had one look.  I thought that it was a good choice.

Dec 08 05 04:26 am Link

Photographer

SFR

San Jose, California, US

Dec 08 05 04:54 am Link

Model

Gone Baby Gone

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I thought for sure Nik would win. She's more high fashion and I like her. But Nicole's fine, plus she's refreshingly wholesome but can be "fierce" when she needs to be. She proved that on the runway.

I'm glad it wasn't Bree, at any rate. Whiny, bitchy child-woman.

Dec 08 05 07:19 am Link

Model

Kharizma

Concord, California, US

i  knew they would not choose Bre nor nik. For one thing they they are minorities.  They already had a light skinned model win last year and previous Eva.  The winner will be on Elle Girl. Nicole fits elle.   They already had two minorities in the contest lol... They would not have another minority win again. That show is all about ratings.   I think Nicole's age and everything will go far..she is actually pretty stunning.   nik will be on the cover of essence and watch how she becomes a success..lol..so will bre probably.

Dec 08 05 07:23 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Nicole is a Covergirl. Nik isn't. IMO that was the biggest influence on the decision. It may also have been influenced, consciously or unconsciously, by the fact that the last two winners were minorities.

M

Dec 08 05 10:48 am Link

Photographer

Andrew Fortson

Los Angeles, California, US

i'm pretty stoked that nicole won.  after the second episode she was my favorite model.  she's a bit ditzy, but she is definitely more versatile and has a better personality than nik.

Dec 08 05 10:49 am Link

Model

Mayae

Toledo, Illinois, US

Kharizma wrote:
i  knew they would not choose Bre nor nik. For one thing they they are minorities.  They already had a light skinned model win last year and previous Eva.  The winner will be on Elle Girl. Nicole fits elle.   They already had two minorities in the contest lol... They would not have another minority win again. That show is all about ratings.   I think Nicole's age and everything will go far..she is actually pretty stunning.   nik will be on the cover of essence and watch how she becomes a success..lol..so will bre probably.

I agree 100%. I kind of figured that.In the back of my mind,I was saying they are not going to let a minority win this competition three times in a row.However I thought Nik was very high fashion.

Dec 08 05 10:53 am Link

Model

chelsey

Lea Hill, Washington, US

Kharizma wrote:

thats pretty ignorant Bre couldn't model.  I wanted Nik to win all the way through until the last 3 weeks because Nicole starting stepping herself up and getting better.  I don't care for her as a person so much but she ended up proving herself in the end

Dec 08 05 10:54 am Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

BREEEEEEEEE should've won. I didn't care anymore after they let her go.
They need a little attitude for a winner, well Bre was spoile also, but whatever. I thought Eva was gonna bring it. But, she became the good girls. America's Ethnic sweetheart.

The olny bad girl rom there was Adriene the first cycle winner. Oi Vey!!

Dec 08 05 11:02 am Link

Model

Mayae

Toledo, Illinois, US

Although Nik did not win, she will still get signed. She is a great model, and people will see that after watching the show.

Dec 08 05 11:50 am Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Kharizma wrote:
i  knew they would not choose Bre nor nik. For one thing they they are minorities.  They already had a light skinned model win last year and previous Eva.  The winner will be on Elle Girl. Nicole fits elle.   They already had two minorities in the contest lol... They would not have another minority win again.

I disagree strongly.  Although beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and some are for and some are against the results of the show, this is not based on ethnicity. 

Do you really think the judges say, "A black girl one last time, so we have to have a white girl win this time?" I hate hate hate to say this (for risk of it sounding cheesy) but I don't think Tyra would go for that.

No one has to like who they chose, but the fact is that they are the judges.  Look who the judges are: 2 legendary supermodels, an actual celebrity fashion stylist, and a fashion photographer.  For lack of sounding harsh, who are we? Do we know what it takes to be supermodels? Obviously there are complexities about who is and who isn't chosen in the real world.  SO who would know better about who should win then the judges on ANTM?  This is all IMHO smile

P.S. i'm not fond of naima either.  She talks like she is a princess in a fairy land with unicorns and rainbows...it gets annoying lol

Dec 08 05 12:00 pm Link

Model

Jen Andrews

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

I think Nicole is beautiful..  She has a great personality from what the show showed and she isn't all about herself..  Like Bree I thought she could of handle herself a lot better than the childish stuff she did.  But it was a good show..

Dec 08 05 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Nik will have a better career because mentally and physically she's much more suited for high fashion.

Dec 08 05 03:07 pm Link

Model

Mayae

Toledo, Illinois, US

Monsante Bey wrote:
Nik will have a better career because mentally and physically she's much more suited for high fashion.

completely agree with you. I see Nicole as being more commercial than high fashion.

Dec 08 05 03:59 pm Link

Model

Miss Adaora

New York, New York, US

Kharizma wrote:

i TOTALLY agree! i KNEW they were not gonn ahve another minority win three years in a row! But I haven't seen it yet but I already knew it was Gonna be Nicole. I dont think she i s that stunning in perosn but she does take really good photos.

Dec 08 05 04:11 pm Link

Model

Semora

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

i like nik!, but nicole has more potential to grow i think nik is just tooooooo pretty. If that makes any sense. nicole does have more personality and she's funny.

Dec 08 05 04:19 pm Link

Model

Semora

Kharizma wrote:

I thought it was a race thing too at first. Can't have too many minorities win. Brown is IN! But if you noticed the ones who didn't win are bigger than the ones who did. Look at Tocarra..she is on commercials, shows, sitcoms, and like 5 magazine covers! she wasn't even in the top three! Nik won cover girl of the week everyweek! the people love that girl! (sooooo pretty!) Tyra always gave her a certain look though...hmm... Best wishes to all of them

Dec 08 05 04:24 pm Link

Model

Mayae

Toledo, Illinois, US

Semora wrote:
I thought it was a race thing too at first. Can't have too many minorities win. Brown is IN! But if you noticed the ones who didn't win are bigger than the ones who did. Look at Tocarra..she is on commercials, shows, sitcoms, and like 5 magazine covers! she wasn't even in the top three! Nik won cover girl of the week everyweek! the people love that girl! (sooooo pretty!) Tyra always gave her a certain look though...hmm... Best wishes to all of them

You got a point there, I have seen Tocarra everywhere. I believe were gonna see big thing from Nik as well

Dec 08 05 04:39 pm Link

Model

Semora

Mayae wrote:

You got a point there, I have seen Tocarra everywhere. I believe were gonna see big thing from Nik as well

yeah we will. especially since she's from ATL. right? i hated her final statement though. It was was if she gave up all hope. another agency will pick her up! I love her style. Where does she get her style from! that black coat was GORGEOUS. *sigh*

Dec 08 05 08:34 pm Link

Model

Semora

SO WHO IS GOING TO APPLY FOR THE NEXT SEASON?

Dec 08 05 08:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Nick should have won she was a model and will be ok and show the judges that she did nt  need to win to be amazing

Dec 08 05 09:52 pm Link

Model

CTD- NYC Model

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

It was a hard decision. Nik has an exotic look, which I love. Nicole is versatile and gorgeous. Nicole was goofy I liked that.
I didn't hear what exactly it was said but I believe Nicole will be going to Paris and model couture for a magazine.

Dec 09 05 12:31 am Link

Model

H0wah

New York, New York, US

honestly, nik was a bit too old to be breaking into the industry now.  The industry feeds off of fresh blood.

having said that, i was rooting for nik all season.  she's so interesting looking.  nicole is run of the mill runway girl.

i think naima used to be edgy but Ford has tried to make her sophisticated and classy-- not working.

bre was not a model.  she's short, and you need a lot more than attitude break into this field.

Dec 09 05 01:44 am Link

Photographer

R. Olson (RO)

Seattle, Washington, US

Finale? You mean they are pulling the plug on it faster than a person on life support? big_smile

Dec 09 05 01:46 am Link

Model

Earth Angel 555

Los Angeles, California, US

nicole was my pick btu she lack personality in  photos. nik had the walk and the look.. but not really cover girl look....... hard to debate over.. hell im sure all the 13 girls have agencies now so.. lol

Dec 09 05 01:48 am Link

Photographer

Jarod

Malibu, California, US

I was ready to throw a rock at the TV if Nicole wasn't picked. Out of the remaining girls for the past weeks, she's the only one that is even remotely attractive of the bunch. The rest are dogs.

Dec 09 05 03:48 am Link

Model

Miss Tempe 2006

My favorite show! alot can be learnd from watching this show!

-Melissa Mason

Dec 09 05 04:07 am Link

Photographer

luciano Mello

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil

I like Jayla also amazing looks.   I don't think has a looser on this contest, most of those girls can get work with any agency. Maybe not the crazy ones but Nik, she is with her way to the top also.   
Elite Model's Look of the Year one of  the biggest model contest in the world the first place get the atention at the time, but the second and the third girls get much more famous and become supermodels as well ask Gisele Bundchen  she get the second place the winner was Claudia Menezes, do I have to say anything else, do you know Claudia ? Who has the 30 million dollar contrac with Victoria Secret's  ?

Dec 09 05 04:13 am Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

I wanted Nik to win but she didnt show much of her personality which was a big issue with the judges.

However she will end up getting signed regardless.....
Ford, IMG, DNA,ELite,1 Model Management, Next
one of them will still sign her..........

Dec 09 05 04:56 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jarod wrote:
I was ready to throw a rock at the TV if Nicole wasn't picked. Out of the remaining girls for the past weeks, she's the only one that is even remotely attractive of the bunch. The rest are dogs.

It never seems to fail that my favorites get knocked out early. Guess that's why I'm just a GWC and not a fabulous fashion photographer. The Latina plus-size model, Diane, had the face of a *goddess.* I hope she got some modeling work. I did pick Nicole as a probable winner from the beginning, she's not my favorite type but she has the look.

M

Dec 09 05 09:44 am Link

Model

JadeK

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

Me and a group of friends are headed down to the UPN headquaters right now to blow it up. Nicole is pretty and everything. But she looks like the girl next door. There isn't anything about her looks that screams high fashion model to me. I can see her Claire Accessories Spokeperson...but the CoverGirl....naaaaaw.

Even without a stellar personality, Nik proved that she has the look and the talent to be the spokesperson for Covergirl in the final episode. Nicole barked off so many excuses on that final commercial. They had to FEED HER the lines. She couldn't even get the first line right. And this is the girl they picked for their SPOKESPERSON? Wow.

But I believe its a minority thing too. People hate to believe that, but no matter how much the "judges" want a contestant to win, guess what people...its not really in their hands. Whoever the PRODUCERS want to win, will win. Anybody see Ms. Jay throw his flower when they annouced the winner? Thoes judges didn't have control. Producers were all over that. They'd let the minorities win the last two compitions and they needed to appeal to a larger audience. I mean nothing wrong with that...just I don't think the right girl won.

BTW: I respect Twiggy and everything. But Nicole could have came down the runway, tripped, fell, tore her dress and knocked a model off the stage and she woulda have thought that Nicole was a brilliant model. It started to get on my nerves after a while.

Dec 09 05 01:39 pm Link

Model

Yafa

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

I watched the ANTM finale and I must say I was disappointed with both finalists because they were not as aggressive. I did not feel the energy, excitement, and hunger to win from neither Nik nor Nicole. They both delivered average energy throughout, I was hoping for some fierce and fighting energy all through out the final walk on the runway.

Dec 09 05 02:00 pm Link

Model

Annjilique

Baltimore, Maryland, US

i loved nik i think she should have won and im glad project runway is back on and by the way the girl ebony from earlier in the show has a port on mm i dont remember her number

Dec 09 05 02:01 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Marcia Dionne

Frisco, Texas, US

I was so upset when Nicole won.  I vowed that I will never watch that show again.  Nicole is so uggggggggggh to me. 

And as for Naima, or however you spell her name, she needs to take some of the money she received from the show and buy herself a personality.  She always sounds sooooooooo dry.

Dec 09 05 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

NV Style Group

Houston, Alaska, US

just b/c Nicole won doesnt mean she will make it. look at last seasons winner, what is she doing.....hmmmm
The only top model that I really see a lot of is EVA even though she went cover girl to Nelly's apple bottoms overnight, and Tacarra whos working for Ashley Stewart and doing her thang. Oh and lets not forget the top model whos marrying Peter Brady WTF!!!!!lol

But Im glad they picked Nicole shes a cutie, and I think she could grow in the industry.

Dec 09 05 02:14 pm Link