Forums > General Industry > Breast Implants

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

Posted by theda: 
And if it's on the internet, it must be true! I'd ask when that tidbit of Canadian wisdom was written, but I'm not sure I care.

There are always risks to surgery, but there are many, many people that have had plastic surgery with no complications.

Words like NEVER and ALWAYS are dangerous and usually end up making you wrong. Again.

Really if I'm wrong then how about you talk to nurses who also seen this thing first hand with breast implants. You don't read or hear about the cases where they have made women very ill because the doctors want to cover it up. It's all about money to them, to hell with the well-being of the patient.

There are even some cases where women have gone down to Mexico and have put silicone literally pumped into them. As a matter of fact, I know quite a few of them and they regret it. Breast implants are the worst invention ever, so say what you want but the medical facts are right, talk to ANY certified doctor or nurse and they will tell you the same thing.

Here are a few examples of some really bad boob jobs and ask yourself, "Are breasts really supposed to look like this?" These pics ain't foolin' anyone.

[img] http://img138.echo.cx/img138/8985/badboobjob19vp.jpg [/img]

[img] http://img138.echo.cx/img138/5757/badboobjob22tz.jpg [/img]

[img] http://img138.echo.cx/img138/2647/badboobjob39kl.jpg [/img]

[img] http://img138.echo.cx/img138/5953/badboobjob40qn.jpg [/img]

So which looks better? Real or fake?

Jun 22 05 06:17 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

a) Don't post nudes on the forums.
b) You don't hear about the cases where nothing goes wrong with the surgeries becuase it's not very interesting.
c) Any doctor or nuse will tell you the same thing? I thought they were all in it for the money?

Posted by Alexandra Paris:

d) Is that supposed to support your medical "facts"?

Jun 22 05 06:56 am Link

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

First of all. You didn't bitch Wendy Meece out when she posted pics of her boob job on these forums. So why should I be any different when I show examples of bad boob jobs?

Theda, you really need to read some actual medical jourals before you even respond back and tell everyone who does not agree with you on this subject that they are wrong.

I feel very strongly about this and if I had my way they would be outlawed and these 'doctors' would be thrown in prison for the the rest their miserable lives.

I have had so many friends of mine go under the knife and they have had difficulty (pain,leakage, sickness) you name it. They were healthy before the implants. So don't tell me that there is no harm being done. I know for a fact that it's bullshit.

So instead of belittling me for my opinion (which you are doing). Maybe you should actually talk to women who had theirs done and that regret it. Let them tell you how sick they got when the bags ruptured, or listen to them when they talk about the severe scarring they've had. These women paid a price for their vanity.

In my opinion there is nothing more pathetic than a woman who tries to fit in with what society tells her she should be.

Jun 22 05 07:11 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 

Posted by theda: 
And if it's on the internet, it must be true! I'd ask when that tidbit of Canadian wisdom was written, but I'm not sure I care.

I didn't read the replies above.

I just read that and thought, "I bet Theda is addressing Alexandra with that statement."

Sure enough, I looked above and that was exactly right.

Where would the entertainment of MM forums be without the Theda/Alexandra bickering?

I think it's safe to say, that Theda usually has valid point when she debates...

Jun 22 05 07:18 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by theda: 

There are always risks to surgery, but there are many, many people that have had plastic surgery with no complications.

Words like NEVER and ALWAYS are dangerous and usually end up making you wrong. Again.

Really if I'm wrong then how about you talk to nurses who also seen this thing first hand with breast implants. You don't read or hear about the cases where they have made women very ill because the doctors want to cover it up. It's all about money to them, to hell with the well-being of the patient.

There are even some cases where women have gone down to Mexico and have put silicone literally pumped into them. As a matter of fact, I know quite a few of them and they regret it. Breast implants are the worst invention ever, so say what you want but the medical facts are right, talk to ANY certified doctor or nurse and they will tell you the same thing.

Here are a few examples of some really bad boob jobs and ask yourself, "Are breasts really supposed to look like this?" These pics ain't foolin' anyone.

[img] http://img138.echo.cx/img138/8985/badboobjob19vp.jpg [/img]

[img] http://img138.echo.cx/img138/5757/badboobjob22tz.jpg [/img]

[img] http://img138.echo.cx/img138/2647/badboobjob39kl.jpg [/img]

[img] http://img138.echo.cx/img138/5953/badboobjob40qn.jpg [/img]

Trick Question?  I kinda like the second set, though the nipples are a bit high...

:::snicker:::

And who in the heck would go to Mexico to get their tits done?  I mean really, one can't drink the water, much less trust the doctors...  They are just shy of being a third world country... (well, okay... maybe not a third world country...)

Jun 22 05 07:19 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I shoot women with breast implants, but blocked or implied nudity only (if at all). There is an aesthetic reason for this.

Jun 22 05 07:21 am Link

Photographer

HenryS

BRONX, New York, US

I think your fine just as they are. Besides, I love that first picture.  I'm a butt man!

Jun 22 05 07:30 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Did Wendy Meece post her nipples when I was a moderator?

Alexandra, what medical journals have you read? Lancet? The Journal of American Medicine? Any plastic surgery jounrals? Websites like you've quoted from are not medical journals.

I have never denied that there are women who have had bad boob jobs who regreted them or that there are no risks. Of course that happens. But it doesn't happen every time. You seem to like to state your opinions as fact. You can dislike breast augmentation all you like, but don't pretend it's based on hard medical research.

First of all. You didn't bitch Wendy Meece out when she posted pics of her boob job on these forums. So why should I be any different when I show examples of bad boob jobs?

Theda, you really need to read some actual medical jourals before you even respond back and tell everyone who does not agree with you on this subject that they are wrong.

I feel very strongly about this and if I had my way they would be outlawed and these 'doctors' would be thrown in prison for the the rest their miserable lives.

I have had so many friends of mine go under the knife and they have had difficulty (pain,leakage, sickness) you name it. They were healthy before the implants. So don't tell me that there is no harm being done. I know for a fact that it's bullshit.

So instead of belittling me for my opinion (which you are doing). Maybe you should actually talk to women who had theirs done and that regret it. Let them tell you how sick they got when the bags ruptured, or listen to them when they talk about the severe scarring they've had. These women paid a price for their vanity.

In my opinion there is nothing more pathetic than a woman who tries to fit in with what society tells her she should be.

Jun 22 05 07:32 am Link

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

Oh GOD forbid nipples are a bad thing to be showing! They are a part of the breast right? I've seen your nudes and you have nipples too! HELLO!

And yes I saw Wendy's nipples too!

As for websites, there are doctors who will back these up. Just because they aren't from the AMA or whatever does not make them any less valid.

People have the right to know as to why breast implants are not such a great idea.

Jun 22 05 07:50 am Link

Photographer

Duck Photography

San Diego, California, US

As for websites, there are doctors who will back these up. Just because they aren't from the AMA or whatever does not make them any less valid.

So if these doctors are not from the American Medical Association. Do the belong to the Medical Association of another. And if they don't belong to any Mediacl Associations then you kind of have to ask yourself why.

Jun 22 05 07:54 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Duck Photography: 

So if these doctors are not from the American Medical Association. Do the belong to the Medical Association of another. And if they don't belong to any Mediacl Associations then you kind of have to ask yourself why.

A lot of people refuse to join clubs that would have them as a member...

Jun 22 05 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Duck Photography

San Diego, California, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Posted by Duck Photography: 

A lot of people refuse to join clubs that would have them as a member...

Ya got a piont there

Jun 22 05 08:16 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I have nipples? Oh my god! I didn't know that, because all my nipple shots on this site are behind the 18+ filter, unlike images posted on the forum. No nudes go here.

Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time (about 3 years ago), in a galaxy far, far away (the upper east side), I worked a medical researcher/MS editor. How did I get that job? Because when the interviewer asked me how to determine the legitimacy of a research article, I said "It depends on which journal it's in." If I had used plasticsurgery.com as a source instead of JAMA or Lancet, I'd have gotten fired instantly. But then again, it was you who told *me* that I needed to read some medical journals.

But interestingly enough, even your less than credible sources do not support your claim that breast implants ALWAYS cause health issues.

People have a right to make the decision to have plastic surgery based on facts rather than exaggerations.

Oh GOD forbid nipples are a bad thing to be showing! They are a part of the breast right? I've seen your nudes and you have nipples too! HELLO!

And yes I saw Wendy's nipples too!

People have the right to know as to why breast implants are not such a great idea.

Jun 22 05 10:01 am Link

Model

Soshanna

Murrieta, California, US

I just dont get it.. period.

There are extremes in every situation in life, and people hold on to those extremes and never look at the norm.

Jun 22 05 10:05 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Soshanna: 
I just dont get it.. period.

There are extremes in every situation in life, and people hold on to those extremes and never look at the norm.

The extremes define the norm.

Jun 22 05 10:07 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by theda: 
Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time (about 3 years ago), in a galaxy far, far away (the upper east side), I worked a medical researcher/MS editor. How did I get that job? Because when the interviewer asked me how to determine the legitimacy of a research article, I said "It depends on which journal it's in." If I had used plasticsurgery.com as a source instead of JAMA or Lancet, I'd have gotten fired instantly. But then again, it was you who told *me* that I needed to read some medical journals.

Speaking of breasts, intelligent, funny, articulate chicks make my nipples hard.

Jun 22 05 02:27 pm Link

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

Whatever Theda,

I have seen a lot women I know have complications due to breast implants. So you can quote the journals all you want, but they will never tell you the truth and doctors who make these things will hide the truth in order to make money. That's what it all boils down to.

Besides most plastic surgeons are men anyway. Men have no clue as to what a woman should really look like so they mold a girl with low self-esteem into what they want for her to look like. Breast implants were invented by men. Why? Because a woman would never think up something as stupid as that.

Plastic surgeons have no honor whatsoever. And that is how I feel about it. So you can quote every medical journal on the planet, I don't care. It still won't change my mind.

Jun 22 05 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Men have no clue as to what a woman should really look like...

If you believe in evolution, men are the only ones who know what a woman should look like since the purpose of her appearance is to attract a mate, but I find most lipstick lesbians have pretty good taste.

Jun 22 05 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Good lord, this is the thread that won't die!  The OP could have not only had the surgury, but could have lived a long, healthy life and died a very old woman with a nice rack by now!

Jun 22 05 05:46 pm Link

Model

Ashleigh

Bayonne, New Jersey, US

Jun 22 05 08:43 pm Link

Model

Ashleigh

Bayonne, New Jersey, US

Posted by DreamPretty?: 

Posted by michael pavelsk: 
i tend to think that a model should be about a c cup. some model have a great shape and have a B cup. personally C and D cups are betterin my opinion, and in the long run you will make a lot more money in particular in glamour!

secondly i would be very particular about what doctor you uses. in this case get the best money can buy!

This is exactly the problem...I am barely a b-cup, but not stupid enough to think that with a boob job I'd make a better model! Believe me, I wish Hugh had more to grab onto, but my boobs are pretty damned fine!

This is not about money, this is about pain and degradation.

I recommend you go get your penis enlarged, and then tell me to get my breasts enlarged.

Her t-shirt read BARELY LEGAL!

Now in my mind I'm thinking......

'Barely legal for what? Social security?'

LMAO!

Oh come on guys! I hear jokes every day about scumbag lawyers...and my dad is one! And I've learned over the years that all that stuff they say about lawyers, while not true of many wonderful young men and women, is generally very true of the trial-hardened veterans!

Same is true of plastic surgeons. Most of them have dreams of helping little girls who fall off horses...but how many little girls are they going to find? At some point they will give up their dreams, move to Hollywood, and find enough "barely legal" old ladies to buy a million dollar house!

I never said that I think getting my breasts done that it's going to make me a better model. I simply stated that it's something I am consdering because of the drastic change in my body. Modeling to me is not a career it's a hobby. If having my breasts done means I will never model again, I won't be hurt. I am just simply a female who desires to have the body that I have worked hard to achieve but certain aspects I can't do by diet/exersise etc. I just wanted people's opinions on the surgery. I appreciate all of your concerns but calling a person stupid for wanting plastic surgery is just silly. Yes I may be superficial to a certain aspect, but then again you may not all understand my situation. To whoever posted that I should try gaining weight...that also bothers me..I have spent the past 3 years of my life working my butt of to be in shape. If I gained any weight...it wouldn't go to my breats...my breasts wouldn't get larger unless I gained about 15-20 pounds. Again I appreciate EVERYONE'S imput and it really has helped me to further think over my decision

Jun 22 05 08:52 pm Link

Model

Jin

Martinsburg, West Virginia, US

Holy cow, is this thread STILL going ?!?  lol

Jun 22 05 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Venus: 
Holy cow, is this thread STILL going ?!?  lol

You're laughing because your perfect, natural breasts are what make these other women WANT the implants in the first place. You evil, evil, woman.

;-P

Jun 22 05 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

Visualize an elegant woman, one with money, education, a social register type; or a top corporate attorney, or even an olympic athlete, whatever your ideal is.  Now... how large are her breasts?

There is a myth that all men like large breasts.  In reality, truck drivers like large breasts, or guys in tractor caps who hang out in strip clubs, or boys with excess testosterone.  There are no absolutes and there are exceptions to every rule, but as a generality, men with a shred of class would consider large and obviously fake breasts to be a distraction, at best.

Do what you like, but be aware that many of us actually prefer them on the smaller side... and the entire package is always more important than any single element.

Jun 22 05 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Ken Mierzwa: 
Do what you like, but be aware that many of us actually prefer them on the smaller side... and the entire package is always more important than any single element.

I know that. You know that. Women are brainwashed into thinking otherwise. The more you tell them we don't judge on breastsize, they simply counteract with, "I'm doing this for me."

Which is true.

BUT ...

The reason they even feel any compulsion to do it "for themselves" in the first place is because they have been successfully brainwashed to begin with.

Jun 22 05 09:40 pm Link

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 

I know that. You know that. Women are brainwashed into thinking otherwise. The more you tell them we don't judge on breastsize, they simply counteract with, "I'm doing this for me."

Which is true.

BUT ...

The reason they even feel any compulsion to do it "for themselves" in the first place is because they have been successfully brainwashed to begin with.

Sad but very true. And those who aren't brainwashed are chastized.

Jun 23 05 04:47 am Link

Model

Shayuma

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Well whoever wants some can get some of MINE!! Good grief *smile*

Jun 23 05 04:53 am Link

Photographer

DarrelB

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Posted by Marcus J. Ranum: 

theda jokes: 
But... I want to feel other girls up...

Hey, I had to think REAL hard before I clicked the "send" on that one. smile I knew it'd get me smacked...

But the truth is that implants DO NOT feel real. Period. Either you have this weird bulge of muscle or you have this bag of water or goop under the skin. I've felt lots of implanted boobs in topless bars in Tijuana so I am basing this on considerable practical experience. smile Some of the bigger boob-jobs feel pretty freakin' gross, to me. Even the smaller ones feel too hard/too round and totally fake. So if you've got someone you care about who likes breasts it can become an issue.

Then there's the ultimate extreme in gross boob-jobs. What will these look like when she's 60?
http://rhiannon.hugetit.us/

mjr.

Not only do they not feel right they don't look right-natural.

Darrel

Jul 10 05 05:57 pm Link

Model

Jax

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Posted by Reese: 
Piercing the ears or any other part of the body is bodily mutilation as well... Which means I am all F&*@$D up...  So what's a boob job...  If they had a buy one get one, I might consider going from a "B/C" to a "D." 

Oh man, if piercing your ears means that, Id hate to see what Im labeled as since I have my tongue split;p

Jul 10 05 09:45 pm Link

Model

Just Cat

Santa Barbara, California, US

Posted by Jax: 

Posted by Reese: 
Piercing the ears or any other part of the body is bodily mutilation as well... Which means I am all F&*@$D up...  So what's a boob job...  If they had a buy one get one, I might consider going from a "B/C" to a "D." 

Oh man, if piercing your ears means that, Id hate to see what Im labeled as since I have my tongue split;p

And I have my nipples pierced, while we are on the topic terrifying horrible breast mutilations. :p

Jul 11 05 02:53 am Link

Model

Jax

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Posted by Catalina Mercury:

And I have my nipples pierced, while we are on the topic terrifying horrible breast mutilations. :p

Lol, how could you??!

Jul 11 05 06:36 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I wish there were a "post your breast photos" thread going, a "guess the authenticity" kinda thing.

Jul 11 05 10:11 am Link

Model

Just Cat

Posted by Jax: 

Lol, how could you??!

It was because of my low self esteem, due to the overhyped media's patriarchal concept of what a titty should like like.

Except not really.

Jul 11 05 05:23 pm Link

Model

Laura Merced

Austin, Indiana, US

some of the "experts" on this thread are like Tom Cruise claiming to know psycology. if you are interested in implants go to American Society of Plastic Surgeons, find a certified surgeon in your area. Research and find the best ones with the highest credentials (it helps if they are in a big plastic surgery meca like Hollywood or Dallas, TX not some little town) and go in for a consultation (some are free - some are $50 or so). Ask all your questions. See several docs before making a decision. For a more natural look go through the areola and under the muscle. Some under the muscle do feel natural. And contrart to popular belief you don't lose any sensation.

Jul 11 05 06:42 pm Link

Model

Jax

Phoenix, Arizona, US

It was because of my low self esteem, due to the overhyped media's patriarchal concept of what a titty should like like.

Except not really. 

Well, you probably have titties, I was gipped in that dept. Thats why I turned out the way I did, I was rebelling against all those pretty big boobs;p

Jul 11 05 07:21 pm Link

Model

xLoLLy

Buffalo, Illinois, US

I say go for it.. I am highly considering it myself, guess we're in the same boat. I cannot afford them right now though, which stinks!

Jul 11 05 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

alexwh

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Ashleigh,

You are a slim woman with very nice proportioned breasts. I personally like them just the way they are. If you don't do anything about them:

1. You will save money.
2. Not face potential dangers and complications.
3. And when gravity begins to take its toll your breasts will look just fine.

I can do more in photography with women who have smaller breasts than the opposite. With proper lighting I have (and any photographer can) created cleavage on flat-chested classic ballerinas. Stay the way you are.

Jul 11 05 07:37 pm Link

Model

Just Cat

Posted by Laura Merced: 
some of the "experts" on this thread are like Tom Cruise claiming to know psycology. 

I adore you.

Jul 11 05 09:37 pm Link

Model

io

New York, New York, US

Posted by Ken Mierzwa: 
Visualize an elegant woman, one with money, education, a social register type; or a top corporate attorney, or even an olympic athlete, whatever your ideal is.  Now... how large are her breasts?

There is a myth that all men like large breasts.  In reality, truck drivers like large breasts, or guys in tractor caps who hang out in strip clubs, or boys with excess testosterone.  There are no absolutes and there are exceptions to every rule, but as a generality, men with a shred of class would consider large and obviously fake breasts to be a distraction, at best.

Whoa now! I'm a natural 34DD, I'm also a a journalism/poli sci double-major with a 3.97 GPA and an internship at a news paper, and my family vacations usually meant going to Europe.  My boyfriend, an architect and a man with two college degrees, finds my curves quite appealing.  Plus, forget excess testoterone, most folks think he's gay because he's so girly...ah those goth bois.
Please, please avoid the stereotype that women with large breasts are typically unintelligent and from the lower class, and that the men who like them are as well.  Sure, lots of guys like smaller breasts, and more power to 'em! But 99% of guys seem to like breasts regardless of size.  To me, whatever is proportionate looks best, and no, huge tacky implants are horrid, but if someone wants to just feel better about their bodies, it is completely their right.   Also, not all implants look horrible, just most that seem to be photographed do.

Jul 11 05 11:44 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

My older sister is a 34D and has a master's degree from Columbia University. My other sister is a 34DD, but she only has a bachelor's degree and married a rich man with a BS from Wharton U Penn). Which is also pretty smart if you don't want to get a day job. By the way, the husband has big man-boobs (former competitive body  builder). The moral of the story is boobies and IQ are pretty much unrelated. Thanks.

Jul 12 05 02:05 am Link