Forums > General Industry > Breast Implants

Model

Ashleigh

Bayonne, New Jersey, US

Due to the fact that I have lost an extensive amount of weight, the shape and size of my breasts have changed dramatically. I have been considering surgery on them for about 2 years. I just wanted to know what everyone's opinion on them are and if you guys think that going with them would suit me well.
thanks
Ash

May 16 05 09:15 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Personally I think the trend towards oversized fake breasts is silly.

If you have to do it, get it under the muscle and keep it realistic in porportion.

Unless you want to do Maxim and strip, then get the biggest, fakest, most tasteless cans you can afford.

May 16 05 09:19 am Link

Model

Ashleigh

Bayonne, New Jersey, US

I am not at all looking to get something that is obviously fake. In all honesty, I just want cleavage back. I want to be able to fit into lingerie and look cute. I am looking to go from a 32aa to about a 36b

May 16 05 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

Ashleigh: 
Due to the fact that I have lost an extensive amount of weight, the shape and size of my breasts have changed dramatically.

If you're fluctuating weight enough that your real breasts have changed size/shape, just imagine what'll happen if you have big hard bags of plastic under your skin and your breasts change size again...

It's your body and you should do what you want with it, but I've seldom seen a boob job that looks good 10 years after it's done. As a photographer, I've gotten so tired of shooting around bad boob jobs that I don't even bother with shooting models that aren't all natural. I can fix a bit of boob droop in photoshop. I can fix stretch marks with lighting and makeup. I suppose I can even fix the scars the surgery leaves. But none of the boob jobs I have ever seen (and I have seen A LOT) fool me for a second, or look anything like "right" to my eye.

mjr.

May 16 05 09:25 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Ashleigh: 
I am not at all looking to get something that is obviously fake. In all honesty, I just want cleavage back. I want to be able to fit into lingerie and look cute. I am looking to go from a 32aa to about a 36b

I don't think you can get back implants. The number in bra sizing is the band size and implants won't change that. Also, the cup size is relative to the band size, so 36B breasts are equivelant to 32Ds. If you try to go up 4 sizes, they won't look natural. If you must, I'd reccomend nothing larger than a 32B.

May 16 05 09:31 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Ashleigh: 
I just wanted to know what everyone's opinion on them are and if you guys think that going with them would suit me well.

No. Don't do it. You look fantastic.

Women have fallen for a HUGE myth that men love big breasts. This is NOT true. Men love breasts. Period. A-cup. DD-cup. We don't care. If the woman is naked, we're happy.

You are young and gorgeous and your chest is fantastic the way it is. Don't get implants.

Now, all that being said - it is important that YOU feel good about yourself. If you will honestly feel happier and more confident, get them. But if you honestly think they will improve your appearance, you do NOT need them.

May 16 05 09:41 am Link

Model

Myla Chenoa

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I don't really think it's up to anyone else, period.

It's your body, your decision. You look great natural, you'd look great with implants, don't let others dictate very personal life altering decisions.

May 16 05 09:45 am Link

Model

Ashleigh

Bayonne, New Jersey, US

Posted by Myla Chenoa: 

It's your body, your decision. You look great natural, you'd look great with implants, don't let others dictate very personal life altering decisions.

I didn't say that it was going to alter my decision. I just wanted people's opinions. Just like someone might want an opinion on if they should dye their hair(yes obviously mine is more drastic) but someone telling me OH YES DO IT YOU NEED IT SO MUCH isn't going to make me want to do it more.

May 16 05 09:47 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Ashleigh: 

Posted by Myla Chenoa: 

I didn't say that it was going to alter my decision. I just wanted people's opinions. Just like someone might want an opinion on if they should dye their hair(yes obviously mine is more drastic) but someone telling me OH YES DO IT YOU NEED IT SO MUCH isn't going to make me want to do it more.

I agree with both of you 100%.

Myla is right. It is Ashleigh's choice no matter what anyone says.

Ashleigh is right. It's always good to get other people's input and opinions before making a final choice.

Where would Picard be without Troi? ... (Okay, that once again proved my geekdom...)

May 16 05 09:53 am Link

Photographer

John Swoger

Peoria, Arizona, US

Me personally I like smaller breasts and think yours look great, but I can totally understand your desire to what something more. I'd just do your research on choosing a doctor. Best of luck.

May 16 05 09:59 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

"natural breats"..there are no substitutes...
every breast in my portfolio and profile are natural...

May 16 05 10:00 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Posted by Ashleigh: 
I am looking to go from a 32aa to about a 36b

That should be fine.  Never go over 1 cup size or else it will look too fake.  Take it 1 cup size at a time.

May 16 05 10:03 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

The cup size is fine, but she is going to add 4 inches to her torso somewhow...

May 16 05 10:05 am Link

Model

Ashleigh

Bayonne, New Jersey, US

Posted by W. Herb Clark: 
The cup size is fine, but she is going to add 4 inches to her torso somewhow...

haha I thought that when you add a cup size your bra size gets bigger also, what I meant is that I wanted to go to a full B cup

May 16 05 10:09 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by Ashleigh: 
Due to the fact that I have lost an extensive amount of weight, the shape and size of my breasts have changed dramatically. I have been considering surgery on them for about 2 years. I just wanted to know what everyone's opinion on them are and if you guys think that going with them would suit me well.
thanks
Ash

How the heck???

How do you go from a 32aa to a 36B? 32 to 36? No... we do not expand our rib cage... No.  I do not think so... Cup size yes, rib cage no.

May 16 05 10:12 am Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

I didn't say that it was going to alter my decision. I just wanted people's opinions.

As a general recommendation I make to all girls who are considering a boob job: get a chance to feel them on some other girl, first. Seriously. Squeeze the plastic and see what you think. Then ask about how it feels to have them. I've talked to girls who say "they look great but now I can't stand to have them touched" or "my boyfriend likes how they look but now he squeezes them like they're toys and it hurts" etc.

I know that all sounds silly but once they're in there, your boobs will never go back to what they were, so it's kind of final.

mjr.

May 16 05 10:21 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

It seems to weird to me that so many women don't know how bra sizes work.

May 16 05 10:24 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Posted by theda: 

you have to have an IQ of about 180 to figure it out
measure ribs, add 5", measure around breats, minus 5"...????

May 16 05 10:27 am Link

Model

Ashleigh

Bayonne, New Jersey, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

Posted by theda: 

no need to be rude it was an honest mistake

May 16 05 10:33 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

The ultimate answer:

To determine band size (back size), meeasure just below breast (where you will be wearing the band). Add 5 inches. If it's an odd number, round up.

To determine cup size, there are two methods.

1) Measure under the armpits, above the breast. Then measure around the fullest part of the breast. Subract first number from second number.

2) Measure around the fullest part of the breast. Subract the band size number (before you added 5 inches) from this number.

1=A, 2=B, 3=C, 4big_smile, 5big_smileD or E, 6=back pains

May 16 05 10:36 am Link

Model

Myla Chenoa

Phoenix, Arizona, US

As a general recommendation I make to all girls who are considering a boob job: get a chance to feel them on some other girl, first. Seriously. Squeeze the plastic and see what you think. Then ask about how it feels to have them. I've talked to girls who say "they look great but now I can't stand to have them touched" or "my boyfriend likes how they look but now he squeezes them like they're toys and it hurts" etc.

Saline and silicone feel completely different from each other, you can feel the bags at the plastic surgeon's office, no need to go feeling other girls up.

If you want to ask me about my implants, as he suggests, it was better than having one breast but my situation is different than most since it was a medical situation.

However, I found I had a great deal more confidence after I got them since I was small before. So for my PERSONAL reasons, it did give me confidence and made me feel like I went through puberty again, only this time it went right:)

May 16 05 10:38 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Myla Chenoa: 
Saline and silicone feel completely different from each other, you can feel the bags at the plastic surgeon's office, no need to go feeling other girls up.

But... I want to feel other girls up... I mean, how would i know what they feel like after? Yeah. That's the ticket.

May 16 05 10:43 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Posted by Ashleigh: 

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

Posted by theda: 

no need to be rude it was an honest mistake

i wasn't being rude, i was making a joke to theda about another post...and thats almost the way to check your bra size..you have to use the differential to determine cup size...

wheres that thicker skin thread?

May 16 05 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

My only observation is that a bad boob job could render you unphotographable if topless. We've all seen the horrible boob jobs. I'm not a personal fan of implants or body modifications anyway, so I have a biased opinion. I think your pics look great as is.

I had an ex with A cups and she was considering getting implants...she wasn't a model, she just felt uncomfortable with a small chest. But I looked at them like part of her personalty and who she was. I hope she never got them, but ultimately, it is her choice and she's the only one that has to live with it. Same applies here.

Good luck!

May 16 05 10:47 am Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

theda jokes: 
But... I want to feel other girls up...

Hey, I had to think REAL hard before I clicked the "send" on that one. smile I knew it'd get me smacked...

But the truth is that implants DO NOT feel real. Period. Either you have this weird bulge of muscle or you have this bag of water or goop under the skin. I've felt lots of implanted boobs in topless bars in Tijuana so I am basing this on considerable practical experience. smile Some of the bigger boob-jobs feel pretty freakin' gross, to me. Even the smaller ones feel too hard/too round and totally fake. So if you've got someone you care about who likes breasts it can become an issue.

Then there's the ultimate extreme in gross boob-jobs. What will these look like when she's 60?
http://rhiannon.hugetit.us/

mjr.

May 16 05 11:01 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Marcus J. Ranum: 
Then there's the ultimate extreme in gross boob-jobs. What will these look like when she's 60?

mjr.

I don't even have to look at that link. I a;ways thought they were natural...

May 16 05 11:11 am Link

Photographer

ANON

San Diego, California, US

Posted by Marcus J. Ranum: 

mjr.

He spent money on his chest that should have been spent on a new face, didn't he?  :-)

May 16 05 11:14 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Austin Models & Talent Agency: 

He spent money on his chest that should have been spent on a new face, didn't he?  :-)

LOL...yes he did

May 16 05 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

"He" is correct. That was born a man. Wow.

May 16 05 11:16 am Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

I agree with Theda's first post, a 32b will give you a fuller, rounder look with looking fake...although my opinion would be to do nothing...yours are by no means unattractive

May 16 05 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Visual Edge

Fenton, Michigan, US

Posted by Ashleigh: 
thanks
Ash

Ashleigh,

You are a beautiful young woman just as you are so from my point of view as a photographer, implants would not be advantageous. However as many here have said the decision needs to be yours. I am troubled by how many young women get implants for the wrong reasons (someone else pressuring them and not their own reasons).

One thing I do suggest however is to do a lot of research to find the best surgeon. I have seen the aftermath of going to the wrong surgeon. Some are so bad that no lighting, camera setting or photo shop trick could correct it.

Best of luck to you!

May 16 05 11:31 am Link

Model

CML

Richmond, Virginia, US

I know more photographers, men, and people in just general, that prefer natural breasts, whether they are so small that theres practically nothing there, or so big that you could suffocate in them.  Youd be surprised how many people LOVE small boobs.  Every photographer I have ever talked to along with my boyfriend says that If I ever got fake tits, theyd be really disappointed.  You should try to really love how you look, no matter how it is.  Be happy with how you are, because if youre not... Not even a breast job will make you content.
Not only that... but sit in front of the tv and watch  'i want a famous face'  on mtv sometime.  It shows you the surgeries, and the after effects of it.  Its honestly sickening to see what they do.  AND.. Youre YOUNG!!!  Give your body time to grow a lil more first.  When I was 19 I had 34 A's  Now im 21 and I have 34 B's.  Youre body will always fluctuate and change. I think you have a great body.  Be proud of it,.. and theres always push up bras and blush!!! big_smile

May 16 05 11:38 am Link

Model

CML

Richmond, Virginia, US

Posted by Steve Mills: 

WOW... I was wondering... LoL  I honestly think that is the grossest thing Ive almost ever seen.  Theres no need for that.

May 16 05 11:43 am Link

Model

Ashleigh

Bayonne, New Jersey, US

Posted by Chanti: 
AND.. Youre YOUNG!!!  Give your body time to grow a lil more first.  When I was 19 I had 34 A's  Now im 21 and I have 34 B's.  Youre body will always fluctuate and change. I think you have a great body.  Be proud of it,.. and theres always push up bras and blush!!! big_smile

As I stated before though, my body has already gone through changes. I have lost over 60 pounds and in 4 years. I haven't gained any weight for the past 12 months and I really don't think that my breasts are going to grow out of no where. It also all depends on when you 1st started growing, which in my case was at a young age(9 years old is when I 1st had to start wearing bras). I just feel like not so much the size is the problem, it's the shape. They're quite pointy and sag which being young is pretty gross looking. Like I said before this is something I have been considering for a few years now and I just am trying to figure out what everyone thinks the best end result would be

May 16 05 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

Chanti perks:[/b] 
Youd be surprised how many people LOVE small boobs.

I shot a set the other day with a gorgeous young lady who is very small-breasted. The words "delicately beautiful" come immediately to mind.  I just posted a shot in my portfolio, if anyone cares.

As a friend of mine once said, when asked about his favorite wine, "whatever I am drinking right now."   'nuff said.

mjr.
(PS - I actually didn't realize that 'Rhiannon' was a guy. That explains a lot. I actually met her in Las Vegas by accident. I was there shooting at a convention the same week the Adult Video con was in town. I got into an elevator at Caesar's Palace and she got in with me. It's hard not to stare... There IS such a thing as "too much elective surgery")

May 16 05 11:56 am Link

Model

CML

Richmond, Virginia, US

Posted by Ashleigh: 

Posted by Chanti: 
AND.. Youre YOUNG!!!  Give your body time to grow a lil more first.  When I was 19 I had 34 A's  Now im 21 and I have 34 B's.  Youre body will always fluctuate and change. I think you have a great body.  Be proud of it,.. and theres always push up bras and blush!!! big_smile

As I stated before though, my body has already gone through changes. I have lost over 60 pounds and in 4 years. I haven't gained any weight for the past 12 months and I really don't think that my breasts are going to grow out of no where. It also all depends on when you 1st started growing, which in my case was at a young age(9 years old is when I 1st had to start wearing bras). I just feel like not so much the size is the problem, it's the shape. They're quite pointy and sag which being young is pretty gross looking. Like I said before this is something I have been considering for a few years now and I just am trying to figure out what everyone thinks the best end result would be

This seems to be something that you have thought long and hard about and are kinda set on getting.  If you are really that uncomfy with yourself, then get it done.  I dont think you need it, but your body isn't my body and we all see our own flaws in different and magnified ways.   
  I am still for you keeping the body that you have but if youre set on getting it done, research and find a GOOD surgeon, see some of his work, talk to people, see if there are any alternative surgeries or things you can do and if you still want to get it done afterwards, dont go overboard.  If I were you, Id go maybe one size up and thats it.  Dont be fake and floppy like the rest of the girls that get breast implants.  Keep it as close to your size as possible.
  Just my 2 cents of bullshit big_smile

May 16 05 12:07 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Steve Mills: 

No. SHE is a woman. Always has been. If you can look past the grotesque breats and lips, you'll discover a very womanly pelvis.  So far, we have no surgery that can re-create birthin' hips.

May 16 05 12:22 pm Link

Model

Kearstin

Carpentersville, Illinois, US

Ya  know,  I always thought about getting implants.
Just because I feel clothes would look so much better on me if they touched eachother.

But then I realized:
A. my chest tattoo would stretch in a ridiculous way
B. I'm awesome anyway
C. A handful is enough

Fair enough, right?

May 16 05 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

Posted by theda: 

Posted by Steve Mills: 

No. SHE is a woman. Always has been. If you can look past the grotesque breats and lips, you'll discover a very womanly pelvis.  So far, we have no surgery that can re-create birthin' hips.

I don't see any evidence of birthin' hips, I just see a hideous androgenous creature. How do you know (based on anything more than observation, I suppose) that this was born a woman?

May 16 05 12:27 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Steve Mills: 
I don't see any evidence of birthin' hips, I just see a hideous androgenous creature. How do you know (based on anything more than observation, I suppose) that this was born a woman?

The pictures on that site are all tits up. You'd have to look at the lower half of her body. I've seen many other pictures of her and her claims that she has a 23 inch waist and 32 inch hips appear to be quite true. She's also barely over 5 feet tall.

A couple photographers on this site have shot her. They could back me up.

May 16 05 12:39 pm Link