Forums > General Industry > Things oN MM That make you say WTF !!!

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

(((Just add things you've observed that make you say WTF...))))

Why criticize someone else's  Work when  your images are even crapper than their's........WTF?

Sep 21 05 11:27 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

WTF
                     WTF
                                                   WTF
                                                                        WTF

WTF
                        WTF
                                                           WTF
                                                                                        WTF

Just testing out my WTF keys........           smile

Sep 21 05 11:29 am Link

Photographer

RobHowardStudios

Mount Pleasant, Michigan, US

Knowing what works and being able to pull it off are 2 different things.

Sep 21 05 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

The shout box.

Sep 21 05 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

RobHowardStudios wrote:
Knowing what works and being able to pull it off are 2 different things.

Just ask anyone in academia...

Sep 21 05 12:06 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
The shout box.

The non announcement announcement box.

Or should we call it the hello,  good morning,  good night box.

Or the look at me box.

Sep 21 05 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Overblurring!!! WTF! Wiping out a model's face and skin so there is no texture and she's blurry is weak and no substitute for technique.

I also say WTF! when I see people fawning over crap images.

WTF! Shooting with boring backgrounds OVER and OVER again, with every model that walks through the door. This is not a style.

Sep 21 05 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Bobby Knight

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Peter Dattolo wrote:
WTF
                     WTF
                                                   WTF
                                                                        WTF

WTF
                        WTF
                                                           WTF
                                                                                        WTF

Just testing out my WTF keys........           smile

Ha ha ha!!!!

Sep 21 05 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

Bobby Knight

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Nat wrote:

Why criticize someone else's  Work when  your images are even crapper than their's........WTF?

Art is in the eye of the beholder, is how the saying goes!

Sep 21 05 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Jim Warren wrote:
Overblurring!!! WTF! Wiping out a model's face and skin so there is no texture and she's blurry is weak and no substitute for technique.

WTF! Shooting with boring backgrounds OVER and OVER again, with every model that walks through the door. This is not a style.

I knew you hated me!

tongue

Sep 21 05 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

WTF   Having to beg for comments or tags.  So stupid.  bs

Sep 21 05 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Expressions in OKC

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

Jim Warren wrote:

I raise this sentiment on the highest pedestal and blast it from the loudest speakers. . .

Sep 21 05 12:40 pm Link

Model

Dorada Dame

Riverside, California, US

Nat wrote:

so true......some people were really mean to my boyfriend when he said this site is really dull.
I thought he was going to get nice feedback/advice instead they made fun of him.
So can someone delete my profile?
people can be so mean!

Sep 21 05 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

MHana wrote:
Or the look at me box.

Apt. smile

(And when I do post in the Look At Me Box, I try to make people say, "WTF?")

Sep 21 05 01:22 pm Link

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

bobby sargent wrote:
WTF   Having to beg for comments or tags.  So stupid.  bs

so true...yikes)

Sep 21 05 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

When people ask for critiques but aren't willing to engage in a dialogue process to better understand what may or may not help their work.

When people think that there is only one way to practice photography and that others outside their sphere of reference are unprofessional too professional or strange.

When somone posts that they've been learning photography since February and they are willing to help a model develop her fashion portfolio.

Sep 21 05 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I'm always saying "WTF!?"...whenever I'm on here and look at the time.

Sep 21 05 01:57 pm Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

"WTF" = amature models asking for $200 an hour

Sep 21 05 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

"i

Sep 21 05 02:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

The constant complaining about everything.  The site is broken, my model didn't show up, some photographer didn't give me a disk, my pu$$y hurts, etc.
WTF?
Don't you have anything else to complain about or do? WTF?
So-n-So said my work sucks.  Does it suck?  Please critique me and be really honest.  Yeah right, as if that would work. lol

Sep 21 05 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Ron Goldstein

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

WTF- "Every person that buys a new digital camera and plays with Photoshop thinks he is a pro photographer"

R............

Sep 21 05 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

Mac Wolff

Litchfield Park, Arizona, US

Anotha day in paradise

Sep 21 05 02:21 pm Link

Model

CML

Richmond, Virginia, US

I say wtf when I write an email at 3:00 but look at the box and it says it was written at 9.
When I get an email back at 11am but it says I recieved it at 2am.

Wtf?

When photographers have a portfolio thats 99 percent of the SAME model, and same background... and isn't willing to really work with anyone else, yet wants to charge you to shoot.... schedules a shoot, then cancels the day before because they have another 'model' to shoot with?  uhh ok ?

People who think artistic nudity and implied means open leg, full frontals, g/g, b/g, erotic and insertion of toys.

Errr.  Wtf.

Sep 21 05 02:26 pm Link

Model

StaciF

New York, New York, US

Forum posts with no purpose...........WTF

Sep 21 05 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

Zachary Reed

Denver, Colorado, US

Tracey Masterson wrote:
.......my pu$$y hurts, etc.....

ok thats a major WTF! for today lol wow

um my major WTF is the fact that i've actually invested in a top of the line FILM slr yet guys with lower level digitals get more work than me and dont have half the skill.

the other is "models" that expect me to not only drive out to where ever they are shoot them, give them prints, a cd, rights to the full fotos, and pay them. im not sure when looking pretty became more of an expense than all my gear. hell i look pretty to. maybe i jeed to jump on the other side of the lens

Sep 21 05 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Zach Watkins wrote:
um my major WTF is the fact that i've actually invested in a top of the line FILM slr yet guys with lower level digitals get more work than me and dont have half the skill.

Who's fault was that? wink

Paul

Sep 21 05 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Modeling : looking pretty :: Photography : pushing a button

People who don't understand that make me think, "WTF?"

Sep 21 05 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Viper Studios

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

I don't have a Vagina, but I know when one stinks.

I don't have to be a pro to critique an image.

That's like saying you have to be an artist to appreciate art or a painter to critique a painting.

BTW, you mentioned that the person critquing an image has images that are worse than the ones being critiqued......exactly how does that work if you are a model???? 

Do you have to be a photographer to know that one photographers images of you are better than anothers?

WTF

Mark

Sep 21 05 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Me.

WTF.

Sep 21 05 03:06 pm Link

Model

CML

Richmond, Virginia, US

hahaha wtf.!!!! big_smile =x

Sep 21 05 03:07 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Gunfitr wrote:

That's like saying you have to be an artist to appreciate art or a painter to critique a painting.

BTW, you mentioned that the person critquing an image has images that are worse than the ones being critiqued......exactly how does that work if you are a model???? 

Do you have to be a photographer to know that one photographers images of you are better than anothers?

WTF

Mark

I agree (even though I do have a vagina).  Whether or not the critic's work sucks doesn't make the work of the criticized any better or worse.

Sep 21 05 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Models with hypodermic needles jammed into their lips... models with bleeding sores... models drenched in blood and human waste... models being tortured and in obvious pain... models being upstaged by other models... models being the subject of great humiliation and disgrace.  I have more respect for models than that.  Some may call this art... I call it WTF... wink

Sep 21 05 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Gunfitr wrote:

WTF

Mark

When people respond without referencing who they are responding to....

Sep 21 05 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Select Models wrote:
Models with hypodermic needles jammed into their lips... models with bleeding sores... models drenched in blood and human waste... models being tortured and in obvious pain... models being upstaged by other models... models being the subject of great humiliation and disgrace.

Gary - What did you do this weekend?????  Shoot go really bad??  You ok?

Sep 21 05 03:57 pm Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

When an out of town Photographer works with a Model and fails to give Model the TFP photos owed to her, as specified in the contract.  Hmmmm...that was back in January 2005 and I'm still waiting Curt......

Sep 21 05 04:00 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

WTF...is it about mm that makes people write so many political threads?
modeling + photography=politics? lol. lets get some CNN commentators on here. Should we have them as stylists?

Sep 21 05 04:38 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Lapis wrote:
modeling + photography=politics? lol. lets get some CNN commentators on here. Should we have them as stylists?

I thought you were not going to tell.

Sep 21 05 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Curt Burgess wrote:

Gary - What did you do this weekend?????  Shoot go really bad??  You ok?

Hey Curt... dude... the shoot is THIS weekend... not last.  I took last weekend off... location scouting for 'Soul Sacrifice' on the Goldstar site: http://www.goldstarpictures.4t.com   Seeya on the beach THIS Sunday... wink

Sep 21 05 04:48 pm Link

Model

Retta

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Tracey Masterson wrote:
The constant complaining about everything.  The site is broken, my model didn't show up, some photographer didn't give me a disk, my pu$$y hurts, etc.
WTF?
Don't you have anything else to complain about or do? WTF?
So-n-So said my work sucks.  Does it suck?  Please critique me and be really honest.  Yeah right, as if that would work. lol

AMEN!

Sep 21 05 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Lapis wrote:

Well how about a major US city and a whole geographic area was just flattened by a hurricane?  How about there are major issues facing us as a nation (war, freedoms, abortion rights, gay rights). 

Some people, their photography is as flat as their lighting.  It's about nothing really.  Some people go through life, not caring, not having to care about thing, they are either so apathetic, stupid or priviledged that politic has no impact upon them.  In many ways I'm envious.

My original introduction to photography wasn't "model" photography, it was photojournalism.  It was shots of RFK lying in a pool of blood, invasion of Normandy, MLK laying dead, war protests, dust bowl, civil rights protests, etc etc.

I do ceramics as well.  It's how I currently make my money.   I make raku vessels and sell them in galleries and to collectors.  They are nice and extraordinarily well crafted, but their meaning or value isn't particularly emotive or intellectual.

My photography is. Or at least that's what I'm gearing for. 

Why talk politcs?  Personally I'd prefer to talk to people at this point in a similiar situation, people trying to make sense of being on the margins, people who are or whose lifestyles is being attacked by people in power.  I like talking to artists whose work actually reflects some aspect of the milleu in which we live.     Personally, I'm not thrilled with the debates, though it's been very interesting to see the hearts behind the eyes of the lenses shooting models.

Personally, I'm suspect of anyone who calls themselves a photographer, but who is unable or unwilling to observe the world around them.  These debates end up being about politics but often times, at it's core, I think it's a whole lot more.

Sep 21 05 05:11 pm Link