Forums > General Industry > Nudes.... who won't shoot'm?

Photographer

Mangano Photography

Fresno, California, US

Are there any other photographers who won't shoot nudes, or am I the only one??

Jan 15 07 08:22 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Dino Mangano wrote:

this will obviously turn into a debate so you may as well explain WHY right now so you can just get it started with out all the usual dilly-dally.

Jan 15 07 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

I won't.

Jan 15 07 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

Jessalyn wrote:

this will obviously turn into a debate so you may as well explain WHY right now so you can just get it started with out all the usual dilly-dally.

to the point. Love it. ;o)

Jan 15 07 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry L Unger Photograp

Jonesboro, Arkansas, US

I don't shot nudes.  I have always thought that ones imagination makes the best palett.  I like to supply the image, funny, seductive, sexy, strong, or whatever my choice happens to be.  The story that the photograph reveals to you tells me a lot about who you are and where your head has been as a the viewer.

I don't have a problem with those that do shoot nudes it is a free choice made by each one us.

No matter what you shoot you are open to a vast selections of opinions.  The set currently on my port, "Bar in Red" has been pretty well accepted but a person not in our business was on the site, saw the port, and showed up at the models place of work and called her a WHORE!.  Note this was not a boy friend, a father, a friend or a family member, just some acquaintance.  This tells me a lot about where this guys head is at.

So to all of you, carry on with courage in your art and your view of life.  We are created free to do so.  You will find out things about others as they view your prints and tell you not the story of your art but more the story of their life.

Thanks for the question and thanks for the chance to vent a little to fellow pros.

Jerry

Jan 15 07 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

Ummm me, i can barely get the clothes off my wife, why bother(lol). Though i have been asked to shoot them in my style. Never had shot a nude model, how do i have that kind of style, too damn confused, i'll continue to shoot them clothes on.
I need a cookie, i'll be back.

Jan 15 07 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

grayagent

Houston, Alaska, US

u tryin to get some attention or something?  :- )... who cares if you don't? seriously...

Jan 15 07 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

I won't. Never! There's nothing more un-natural than the nude human form. It should be covered at all times and people should only have sex in the dark with a sheet between themselves. Nude photography is the gateway to other nude activities and so it should never be done under any circumstances. In fact, I think all animals should be forced to wear clothes as well. After all, if nudity is bad for humans it must be bad for other species as well.

Yeah!!!!!

Jan 15 07 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

grayagent wrote:
u tryin to get some attention or something?  :- )... who cares if you don't? seriously...

I was in here, saw jess and had a hankering for a cookie, oh the OP, yeah damn attention ho(lmao)

Jan 15 07 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

elise L photography

Provo, Utah, US

I won't shoot. To me, and this is my opinion, it's not art. just naked people. It just tells me that the photographer (no offense) isn't creative enough to shoot diff. things. but this is just my opinion, I know many think differently than I do. big_smile good day

Jan 15 07 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
I won't. Never! There's nothing more un-natural than the nude human form. It should be covered at all times and people should only have sex in the dark with a sheet between themselves. Nude photography is the gateway to other nude activities and so it should never be done under any circumstances. In fact, I think all animals should be forced to wear clothes as well. After all, if nudity is bad for humans it must be bad for other species as well.

Yeah!!!!!

well stated wink

Jan 15 07 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

Ought To Be Shot

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

I will if someone asks me to shoot them, but I don't go looking to shoot nudes as a rule.  The best photographs are the suggestive ones... the things you can't see.

Jan 15 07 08:42 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Marc Rosebeck wrote:

I was in here, saw jess and had a hankering for a cookie, oh the OP, yeah damn attention ho(lmao)

more cookies arriving soon! I just made a fresh batch. And to the OP: I was nude when I made them. I like to cook nekkid. Photograph THAT.

Jan 15 07 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Elise Lundquist wrote:
I won't shoot. To me, and this is my opinion, it's not art. just naked people. It just tells me that the photographer (no offense) isn't creative enough to shoot diff. things. but this is just my opinion, I know many think differently than I do. big_smile good day

You're so right! Photographers who shoot fashion just don't have ANY creativity to present a nude. Those who insist that models wear clothing just don't get that it takes creativity to light skin and present it properly. They're just not creative enough!

Oh. Wait. You meant it the other way around, didn't you?

Damn. It's just SO HARD to tell the difference between things that take creativity and things that don't.

Silly me.

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Dino Mangano wrote:

I prefer to be shot nude.  Though all of my clothes are dark, mostly black, any blood coming from the wound[s] can still be noticable.  Not to mention the holes.  I guess it depends on the location of the shot, but overall I prefer to be shot nude.

Photographer

grayagent

Houston, Alaska, US

Pat Thielen wrote:

Yeah!!!!!

hahaha

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Jessalyn wrote:
more cookies arriving soon! I just made a fresh batch. And to the OP: I was nude when I made them. I like to cook nekkid. Photograph THAT.

I have. I'm doing a whole book of it, in fact.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=551356 (18+)

Thank you, and good night.

Jan 15 07 08:44 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

nevermind. gosh.

Jan 15 07 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

Kelvin Hammond

Billings, Montana, US

Pat Thielen wrote:

Yeah!!!!!

Nude photography is the devils playground!

LOL. I wholeheartedly agree with Pat. I'm never shooting nudes again!

NOT....!

Jan 15 07 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Elise Lundquist wrote:

Doesn't living under that bridge give you the rheumatiz?

M

Jan 15 07 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Wye

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Elise Lundquist wrote:

I'm curious at how you've arrived at this conclusion (that the photographer isn't creative enough).  I'm not flaming you.. I'm just curious what's given you that conclusion.

In any case.. the masters of art of the years gone by may disagree with you. It would be interesting to figure out how much of "great art" contains nudity.

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

Jessalyn wrote:

scrambles for camera, oops, trip and bent a perfectly good lightstand,

Photographer

elise L photography

Provo, Utah, US

Christopher Ambler wrote:

You're so right! Photographers who shoot fashion just don't have ANY creativity to present a nude. Those who insist that models wear clothing just don't get that it takes creativity to light skin and present it properly. They're just not creative enough!

Oh. Wait. You meant it the other way around, didn't you?

Damn. It's just SO HARD to tell the difference between things that take creativity and things that don't.

Silly me.

fashion?? you think naked people is fashion?? interesting. hey man i don't want to bother you and you ovbiously think differently than i do. good day

Jan 15 07 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

grayagent

Houston, Alaska, US

oh this is even better...i shot a nude mannequin... umm... they're not usable for sex... so was i tryin to create or was i bein perverted... answer... i made a ghastly mannequin w/ no hair attractive

Jan 15 07 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I agree with Pat.  The human form is disgusting.  People should all be wearing sacks which obliterate any hint of their figure.  No good comes of nudity.  Shame on all of you, you're products of sin!

Now I'm gonna go wash my eyes out with soap.

Photographer

Wye

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jessalyn wrote:

A word to the wise.. don't cook bacon naked.. trust me on this one.

Photographer

elise L photography

Provo, Utah, US

wandering eye wrote:

I'm curious at how you've arrived at this conclusion (that the photographer isn't creative enough).  I'm not flaming you.. I'm just curious what's given you that conclusion.

In any case.. the masters of art of the years gone by may disagree with you. It would be interesting to figure out how much of "great art" contains nudity.

They may and probably would disagree, but this is just my opinion. every artist is different. good day

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Jessalyn wrote:

this will obviously turn into a debate ...

I love it when I'm right. lol

Jan 15 07 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Elise Lundquist wrote:
fashion?? you think naked people is fashion?? interesting. hey man i don't want to bother you and you ovbiously think differently than i do. good day

I'll sell you a clue. Half price, just for you, just today.

Help me to help you - what's it going to take to get you into this clue, today?

Photographer

Eros Artist Photography

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

grayagent wrote:

Really though, you should sure to put this (EDIT: that you don't shoot nudes....) in your profile; otherwise millions of models will slam you with requests for nude work.....wink

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

wandering eye wrote:

also note: don't pour soup from a pot into a bowl while naked.

Jan 15 07 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

Kelvin Hammond

Billings, Montana, US

wandering eye wrote:

FYI - greek sculptors weren't all that creative either, and seemed to imagine very small penises on their superfluous dilly-dallyings in stone.

Jan 15 07 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

wandering eye wrote:

Cooking swine in the buff can be done, with proper deflection devices you may survive any cooking accident's. Take Jess, admittedly bakes the finest pastries
in the nude, and shit, looks damn good, i trust you all agree smile

Jan 15 07 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Wye

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Elise Lundquist wrote:

They may and probably would disagree, but this is just my opinion. every artist is different. good day

I'm still curious though.. what have you seen that's made you think that people who photograph nudes are less creative than those who photograph clothed people.

Jan 15 07 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

wandering eye wrote:

Jessalyn wrote:

Never, ever sneeze while urinating.  Ow.

This rule may not apply to women so much, but for guys.... ow!

Jan 15 07 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

Wye

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jessalyn wrote:

barbequeing while naked, while liberating and even refreshing, is also asking for trouble.

Jan 15 07 08:53 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

LarryB wrote:

Don't sneeze when you're washing your face and you're covered in soap

Jan 15 07 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

LarryB wrote:

wandering eye wrote:

Hey, Larry, thats a fact, passed my first stone that way, bled like a gunshot victim,true story, ok back to the non-nekkedness, or was it nekked, ah shit,i'm simply here wiaitng for Leo with the cookies

Jan 15 07 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Dino Mangano wrote:

I am not saying never, but nudes don't interest as a subject to shoot.

Unless maybe the right model comes along... maybe a gf... and I may change my mind... but it didn't happen yet.

Jan 15 07 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

Jean-Philippe

Austin, Texas, US

Christopher Ambler wrote:

Silly me.

Yeah you are silly... LOL.

I do shoot nude rarely because, I love accessories and cloths. That's what I like to shoot. Shooting nude is like talking religion. No-one believes in the same way than another - even within the same religion and temple/church. So if you shoot nude in such a category there are few chances that your approach to thinking of and shooting of nude will be the same than other.
For non-believer, talking of shooting nude is off-topic. That's it.

When I shoot a nude model, I shoot a body, and I shoot nudity.
When I shoot a clothed model, I shoot a body and I shoot less nudity... that's it.

Jan 15 07 08:56 pm Link