Forums > General Industry > Nipple Rings/Jewelry

Model

Carmen the MILF

Sanford, North Carolina, US

Had a shoot where I was asked if I could remove my nipple rings...I said of course, but shot with them in anyway???? Didn't ask...

Now I ask...I know EVERYONE has an opinion on Nipple Rings...

I LOVE MINE! If I would have known it would have increased my sensitivity that much I would have them pierced YEARS ago...YEAH!

Yes, I will take mine out for a shoot!

(over 18 pic)
https://modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=1975866

Good or Bad...lets get this going, and hear what you have to say on this!

Hope everyone is having a good WEEK!

Carmen

Jan 09 07 09:55 pm Link

Model

Miya

San Diego, California, US

Ha! I won't take out my clit hood jewelry. LOVE it.  Talk about increased sensitivity, a new found appreciation for washboard roads, and something shiny to catch the lighting...

oh well. they either shoot me with it in, crop it out, photoshop it out, or don't shoot ;-)

Enjoy your jewerly!

Jan 09 07 10:06 pm Link

Photographer

Grandart

Chicago, Illinois, US

Nipple rings or any body hardware are a personal choice. There's reason god made photoshop!!!

Jan 09 07 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

Veteres Vitri

MAYLENE, Alabama, US

Miya wrote:
Ha! I won't take out my clit hood jewelry.

Where did i leave my electro-magnet?

Jan 09 07 10:29 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

I've had my tongue done for a year and a half. Basicly the entire time i've modeled. Most people never notice it at all, and of those that do, I've never been asked to take it out.

Jan 09 07 10:34 pm Link

Model

Misty Garland

Springfield, Missouri, US

I have my nipples pierced and totally agree with you... I love them and the added sensitivity. Not to mention the beautiful jewelry you can buy for them!! I wouldnt have them any other way!!
Misty

Jan 09 07 10:34 pm Link

Model

Maria Cedar

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

I love my body jewelry, increases sensitivity everywhere as well.  But I am willing to remove the jewelry at photographers request.  Not a big deal and the less phototshop a photog has to do, the sooner I may get pics.

Jan 09 07 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Foltz1

Cleveland, Alabama, US

As far as body decorations go, its just fine... But when I shoot artistic nudes, the decorations gotta go....

Jan 09 07 10:39 pm Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Sacramento, California, US

Nemi Bea wrote:
I've had my tongue done for a year and a half. Basicly the entire time i've modeled. Most people never notice it at all, and of those that do, I've never been asked to take it out.

I worked with a model about 6 times over 2 years and never knew she had one until aftr our last shoot.I thought it was new but she said she had it for a few years.

Jan 09 07 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

When I see hoop nipple rings all I can think is,,,,,,,,,, Nipple Knockers!Or Knocker Knockers...
LOL

Jan 09 07 10:41 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

I ony have 2  piercings...  my belly button and my nose.... I wear a small stud in my nose, so most people don't even notice it. I've never been asked to remove it, not even for fashion shows.

I love them... I actually want more. I'm just picky about my mods, so I haven't decided what yet.

Jan 09 07 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

I don't think I'd pick a model because she has piercings, but I certainly wouldn't disqualify her becase of them.
Just a different look.

Jan 09 07 10:44 pm Link

Model

Carmen the MILF

Red Sky Photography wrote:
I don't think I'd pick a model because she has piercings, but I certainly wouldn't disqualify her becase of them.
Just a different look.

THATS good to know!

Carmen

Jan 09 07 10:46 pm Link

Photographer

GianCarlo Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

I ask models to remove all jewelry, even if it's a finger ring or ear rings, unless it's an element that's required for the shot.

MRI anyone.

Jan 09 07 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

Carmen the MILF wrote:
THATS good to know!

Carmen

So if you are ever up my way, I'd be more than happy to work with you.
Vic

Jan 09 07 10:49 pm Link

Model

Carmen the MILF

Red Sky Photography wrote:

So if you are ever up my way, I'd be more than happy to work with you.
Vic

THANK-YOU!

I will let you know...summer time I think...I go that way

Jan 09 07 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

richard boswell

New York, New York, US

the only problem i have with nipple/clit rings personally, is when they get stuck in my teeth.

;-)

professionally i don't have a preference either way.
my clients on the other hand may or may not have a different opinion,
but then they pay me well for the privilege to have different opinions about my work.

in a situation where your clients opinions about body modifications are unknown i would suggest discretion. 
all women should remember, a little mystery never hurts.

rich

Jan 09 07 11:20 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

I have my nipples pierced and I have a little blurb on my profile that I will not take them out because if they are out for more than 5 minutes they can close up. So I do not take them out for any shoot.

Jan 09 07 11:25 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Miya wrote:
Ha! I won't take out my clit hood jewelry. LOVE it.  Talk about increased sensitivity, a new found appreciation for washboard roads, and something shiny to catch the lighting...

oh well. they either shoot me with it in, crop it out, photoshop it out, or don't shoot ;-)

Enjoy your jewerly!

"hey! look! Miya you got stuck on a nail!"

"um....Rocky? you're touching my nanner."

awkward. LOL.

*bum slap*

Jan 09 07 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

https://www.bmezine.com/news/people/A10101/lift-dol.jpg

LOL

Jan 09 07 11:29 pm Link

Model

AprilinCA

Murrieta, California, US

In our camp, certain Tattoos are frowned upon as well as piercings. But nipples, belly and vaginal jewelry are highly praised. smile

Though I dont get some of the other piercings. Eyebrows, up the spine... My boss had his tongue and nipples pierced back in 91 during desert storm as apparently did all the guys in his unit. It was a testosterone thing then I guess. LOL

Jan 09 07 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

AprilinCA wrote:
In our camp, certain Tattoos are frowned upon as well as piercings. But nipples, belly and vaginal jewelry are highly praised. smile

Though I dont get some of the other piercings. Eyebrows, up the spine... My boss had his tongue and nipples pierced back in 91 during desert storm as apparently did all the guys in his unit. It was a testosterone thing then I guess. LOL

Oh goodie,,,,band camp stories?!

Jan 09 07 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

No Hood Piercing, no shoot, no exceptions.

Miya...

Jan 10 07 01:23 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Doesnt matter to me. Photoshop takes 'em out quite nicely.

I photoshopped a guy's very poorly done tat out and he was upset.  I don't think he really knew how cheap it looked. But I have him two versions: one without PS for his use; one PSed out for my use. We were both happy (even though it did look like a 4th grader did it).

Jan 10 07 01:37 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ewing

Riverside, California, US

I keep hearing these stories of extra sensitivity.  I feel nothing extra while "working" those areas.

Jan 10 07 01:44 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

I usually (attempt to) photograph fine art nudes.  As such, I prefer my models to be unadorned -- i.e. no jewelry & no ink.  Fine art nudes are often not about making portraits -- our subjects are supposed to be examples of the human form and are not always intended to be specific individuals -- thus, too much modification can make a model unsuitable.  (For example, look at my avatar -- a belly ring would detract from the overall effect of this image).

However, I have worked with models with nipple studs.  Although I would have preferred not to have them in the image, it wasn't a deal breaker.

Navel jewelry is just too common for me -- it is so prevalent that it is cliche'.  I like a well toned belly, and belly rings just intrude.  I do have a fantasy of making a photograph of two women with belly rings that were chained together by their belly rings.

Facial jewelry (e.g. eyebrows, lips, nose) just give me the heebie jeebies.  While I understand the appeal of extra sensitivity to areas like nipples & clit, I don't understand the appeal of these other locations (other than masochism for the sake of fashion).  In particular, lip rings would seem to be to just get in the way of a sloppy make-out session.

Still, in general, I'm more tolerant of body jewelry than I am of tattoos.  Most body jewelry can be removed temporarily, and if the model's tastes evolve, body jewelry is easily removed permanently.  On the other hand, tattoos tend to last longer and are not easily (or cheaply) removed.

Body jewelry & tattoos are adornments -- thus a model with them is never nude & is always adorned. 

I'm not a fan of creating a lot of photoshop work for myself -- the results often look fake, and if I was willing to make such significant changes, I might as well learn how to paint.

Jan 10 07 11:10 am Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Boy, I sure wish that I had some nipple jewelry!  Do they make non-pierced rings of real gold, silver, or platinum - anybody know?

Jan 10 07 11:13 am Link

Photographer

Bondo Photo

Glen Burnie, Maryland, US

To models with piercings: Have you considered obtaining some unique jewelry and sitting for macro photography? I think that would be a cool concept to try.

Jan 10 07 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

Miya wrote:

Enjoy your jewerly!

I think we need to shoot again then!

Jan 10 07 02:13 pm Link

Model

Sarah Hunter

Los Angeles, California, US

I had mine done just after I turned 19 because my then-boyfriend thought they would look "nice" (very, VERY bad reason).  As soon as I saw them, I completely fell in love with them and I never regret it for a second.  I never take them out. 

Warning for nipplage:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=1837533
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=1892137

Jan 10 07 02:21 pm Link

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

Nemi Bea wrote:

same here. Plus, it's kind of amusing when I've shot with a certain photographer several times (or even my friends who've known me for years) they don't notice and one day they're REALLY suprised and think it's new. haha

Jan 10 07 02:24 pm Link

Model

Synthia Poppins

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I have snakebites, nose, and tongue, and they are all fine for me, never had anyone ask for me to take them out. As for nipples not everyone gets increased sensitivity. I used to work in a piercing shop and one of the warnings we would give to people is that you can lose all feeling in them (which you can) or if one of the piercings is deeper then the other one can get increased sensitivity in one and the in the other lose feelings... that would be weird. If they arent deep enough they can migrate (when a piercing moves closer to the surface because of the body rejecting it, eventually it will be to far up it will fall or rip out). Basicly make sure if you do it go to a professinal you trust cause most states dont require a peircing liscense!!!

Jan 10 07 02:26 pm Link

Model

kruella

Rotherham, England, United Kingdom

i've got my lip pierced and haven't been asked to take it out as of yet!!
I've also got my bellybutton pierced too and same with that.
I want my nipples pierced but i dnt no if theyl look stupid cos iam quite small??
but definintely considering it!!

you look great!!!

kxx

Jan 10 07 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Stacy wrote:

same here. Plus, it's kind of amusing when I've shot with a certain photographer several times (or even my friends who've known me for years) they don't notice and one day they're REALLY suprised and think it's new. haha

:p

Jan 10 07 02:29 pm Link

Model

Miranda Cole

Monterey, California, US

Keep them and dont take them out! My peircings are part of what make me who I am. Comprimise on occasion. Looovee peircings and people who have them. big_smile

Jan 10 07 02:30 pm Link

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

:p

? THAT'S RIGHT! lol I think you just found out recently too?

Jan 10 07 02:32 pm Link

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

Synthia Poppins wrote:
I have snakebites, nose, and tongue, and they are all fine for me, never had anyone ask for me to take them out.

Snakebites rock! I want them, but I'm afraid to get facial piercings.

Jan 10 07 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

richard boswell

New York, New York, US

anybody want to make some $$

free idea which already probably exists ...

"low visibility placement posts" or whatever

so you can make everyone happy almost all the time.

rich

Jessalyn wrote:
I have my nipples pierced and I have a little blurb on my profile that I will not take them out because if they are out for more than 5 minutes they can close up. So I do not take them out for any shoot.

Jan 10 07 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

LuckyShots Photography

Grafton, Illinois, US

My nipple ring vibrates when there's a twister a-brewin'. smile

Jan 10 07 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

That Look Photography

Clearwater, Florida, US

I wish more models had them..I also love the belly rings and toe rings...I guess I like the models with the bling..

Mike

Jan 10 07 03:25 pm Link