Forums > General Industry > What is going to be the next big trend?

Photographer

Alex C

New York, New York, US

Luminos wrote:
God am I out of it.  When the hell did "disco" return.

(Luminos, aka "disco ducked")

Wait, you mean it was gone at some point? Next thing you know, they'll be telling me that 8 tracks are also out. Geez.

Jan 06 07 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

CL Photography wrote:
Dawn, like your work why don't you set the next trend.

Just tell everyone this is the new thing, they will feel odd and won't admit they didn't know that and the trend you set will be on it's way!

PS it does work!

Come on. You can't be serious!  Next thing you'll be telling us is that Thongs are here to stay.  I mean ........

Jan 06 07 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

Payaso_Perverso

The next big thing will pass before it even happens... that is the nature of all media these days... If you want to do something amazing don't let anyone know you did it...

Jan 06 07 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

FlirtynFun Photography wrote:
camera phone portfolios...lol

If you consider that the International Center of Photography in NYC offers COURSES in cell phone photography... I think that you actually NAILED a real new trend!

Jan 06 07 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

UdoR wrote:

If you consider that the International Center of Photography in NYC offers COURSES in cell phone photography... I think that you actually NAILED a real new trend!

When cell phones have interchangeable lenses and more than 8 megapixels, I will consider being trendy.

Jan 06 07 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Trevor Snyder wrote:
When cell phones have interchangeable lenses and more than 8 megapixels, I will consider being trendy.

No interchangeable lenses, but Samsung's  SCH-B600 claims 10 megapixels...

Jan 06 07 11:45 pm Link

Model

Rose Noir

Chicago, Illinois, US

Aaron S wrote:
Whalebone corsets.

And the "New Look"

Whalebone corsets haven't gone out of style LOL. I know a lot of people that wear that as well as the 80's late 70's Deathrock style.

Jan 06 07 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Ed the Healer

Addison, Alabama, US

Dawn Geary wrote:
We saw the "disco" resurgence and the "40s era" resurgence. Grunge poked its head out briefly

What do you think the next big "movement" will be?

Personally, I'm hoping it's early 90s SUPERMODEL era revisited. Where the women were bombshells (Claudia Schiffer GUESS? campaign anyone?). At least that's what I am gonna be pushing for.

I think "Reality TV" shows will really take off some day.

Jan 06 07 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

Mark J. Sebastian

San Jose, California, US

digital manipulation and threads about "cliche" photos

Jan 07 07 12:59 am Link