Forums > General Industry > Am I allowed to do this?

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

I don't know if it's against the rules....i'm not asking for a critique on his work.

But i've seen threads about age and photography and blah blah blah.

SO.....Proof that age does not matter when it comes to creating art.
Maybe in time and experience then technique will come...but HELLO, amazing start and work.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=272058

I don't know about you. But I love it.

Dec 31 06 01:51 am Link

Model

Ella_Bebe

Seattle, Washington, US

i dont know. But there is a "too old" thing i think.
The link that u posted has some really nice pix. I wanna get something in that style too

Dec 31 06 01:54 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Los Angeles, California, US

Wow.  I'm astonished.

Dec 31 06 01:59 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Ella_Bebe wrote:
The link that u posted has some really nice pix. I wanna get something in that style too

Too old, how old is too old???

If a photographer can create an image then he/she is NOT too old!!!
I have worked with more than one artist photogrpahers that were over 70 years old.

Dec 31 06 02:01 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Cristina Ashley wrote:
I don't know if it's against the rules....i'm not asking for a critique on his work.

Maybe in time and experience then technique will come...but HELLO, amazing start and work.

Why exactly do you like those pics? What is it that you actually like?  Just curious...

Dec 31 06 02:02 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Ella_Bebe wrote:

What would make you make a statement like that?  How many "old" photographers have you shot with?  How "old" do you think the photographers are that shoot for Vogue, Playboy, Life, Time, etc? 

Wait! You're only 16, I guess 20 is "old" for you...

LMAO

Kids!

Dec 31 06 02:06 am Link

Model

Ella_Bebe

Seattle, Washington, US

Iona Lynn wrote:

I have worked with more than one artist photogrpahers that were over 70 years old.

I was not talking about the photographers. There are people of all ages that are talanted. But I dont think that a 70 yearsold female can build a successful career in modeling.

Dec 31 06 02:06 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Hamza wrote:

Why exactly do you like those pics? What is it that you actually like?  Just curious...

They're nostalgic.  They really just force me to evoke strong feelings (and they're happy feelings too smile )

Dec 31 06 02:07 am Link

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

I'm  not a photographer, so don't jump on me if I don't use the proper 'terms' when talking or critiquing work....but

In the beach pics....I think it has something to do with the coloring of them. They look vintage. And when I look at them I feel like i'm standing on the beach with her looking at her.

The close up of the little girl- just wow. He captured everything. Her freckles. Her expression. It looks like I can crawl into her mind.

The smoke picture is amazing. I love how you can see every little hair and detail in it.

I just think that they are great photos.
They might not have crazy lighting and wardrobe or 'technique'. BUt they definatley have something.

Dec 31 06 02:07 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Cristina Ashley wrote:
BUt they definatley have something.

Character.  And emotion.

Dec 31 06 02:08 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Mia Salen wrote:
They're nostalgic.  They really just force me to evoke strong feelings (and they're happy feelings too smile )

Cristina Ashley wrote:
In the beach pics....I think it has something to do with the coloring of them. They look vintage. And when I look at them I feel like i'm standing on the beach with her looking at her.

The close up of the little girl- just wow. He captured everything. Her freckles. Her expression. It looks like I can crawl into her mind.

The smoke picture is amazing. I love how you can see every little hair and detail in it.

I just think that they are great photos.
They might not have crazy lighting and wardrobe or 'technique'. BUt they definatley have something.

Okay, now I know why you like them, like I said, I was just curious...  Thanks!

Dec 31 06 02:10 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Ella_Bebe wrote:

Iona Lynn wrote:

I was not talking about the photographers. There are people of all ages that are talanted. But I dont think that a 70 yearsold female can build a successful career in modeling.

Got you!  Thank you for clearing that up, some of us 'old' dudes take shit like that seriously...

Dec 31 06 02:11 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Hamza wrote:

Ella_Bebe wrote:

Iona Lynn wrote:

Got you!  Thank you for clearing that up, some of us 'old' dudes take shit like that seriously...

Old fart.  smile

In case my sarcasm didn't come off, I'm just kidding.

Dec 31 06 02:12 am Link

Model

Ella_Bebe

Seattle, Washington, US

Hamza wrote:

Ella_Bebe wrote:

Iona Lynn wrote:

aaa... what does that suppose to mean? I never use language like that..

Dec 31 06 02:13 am Link

Model

Ella_Bebe

Seattle, Washington, US

Mia Salen wrote:

Hamza wrote:

Ella_Bebe wrote:

Iona Lynn wrote:

Old fart.  smile

In case my sarcasm didn't come off, I'm just kidding.

LOL, now i see what you were talking about lately...wink thanks for the advice

Dec 31 06 02:14 am Link

Photographer

Del Eted

Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

Haha, wow - this is pretty cool.

I'm flattered. And blushing. But more flattered than blushing. (:

Dec 31 06 02:59 am Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Sacramento, California, US

I think I have seen him somewhere before. Photo.net or something maybe but I have seen #8 somewhere. I love 7,8,9 the most.

Lots of young photographers coming out of the woodwork the last few years. I thank digital for that because if not for digital the cost of film and developing would prohibit a lot of photographic creativity in the younger generations.

Matt, you rock dude. And to think you`ll only get better.

Dec 31 06 03:03 am Link

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

Primal Lens wrote:
Lots of young photographers coming out of the woodwork the last few years. I thank digital for that because if not for digital the cost of film and developing would prohibit a lot of photographic creativity in the younger generations.

i totally agree with all of this!!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!! If only you were closer big_smile

~Chantelle~

Dec 31 06 03:05 am Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

The boy has talent and he has 'the eye' (not sure how to explain what that is in subjective terms).

Dec 31 06 03:11 am Link

Photographer

Del Eted

Primal Lens wrote:
I think I have seen him somewhere before. Photo.net or something maybe but I have seen #8 somewhere. I love 7,8,9 the most.

Could it be livejournal? Deviantart? Maybe even Flickr. Haha, I'm pretty much one of those internet-whores with accounts everywhere. I get more critique that way =P

Film, as I see it, is expensive - but magic. I mean, I haven't even got my first three rolls [ever] developed yet but i'm already in love with it. With digital you get lost in all the pixels. Film has that inconsistency that makes it special.

Thankyou so much!! (:

Dec 31 06 03:13 am Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Matt Caplin wrote:

Could it be livejournal? Deviantart? Maybe even Flickr. Haha, I'm pretty much one of those internet-whores with accounts everywhere. I get more critique that way =P

Film, as I see it, is expensive - but magic. I mean, I haven't even got my first three rolls [ever] developed yet but i'm already in love with it. With digital you get lost in all the pixels. Film has that inconsistency that makes it special.

Thankyou so much!! (:

Possibly DA. Check out Photo.net and PhotoSig.com!

Dec 31 06 03:16 am Link

Model

beccalynne

Chicago, Illinois, US

Cristina Ashley wrote:

On MM, 16 year olds aren't allowed to do well for themselves.

Dec 31 06 03:18 am Link

Photographer

Daniel

Brooklyn, New York, US

Rebecca Lynne wrote:

On MM, 16 year olds aren't allowed to do well for themselves.

Tell that to the sixteen year old who just received nothing but positive feedback by everyone in this thread.

Dec 31 06 03:25 am Link

Model

beccalynne

Chicago, Illinois, US

Daniel Savage wrote:

Tell that to the sixteen year old who just received nothing but positive feedback by everyone in this thread.

it was a joke. his work is fantastic.

Dec 31 06 03:27 am Link

Photographer

Daniel

Brooklyn, New York, US

Rebecca Lynne wrote:

it was a joke. his work is fantastic.

This is why they invented smilies, so that aging, grumpy men can make sense of you kids and your jokes.

Dec 31 06 03:31 am Link

Model

beccalynne

Chicago, Illinois, US

Daniel Savage wrote:

This is why they invented smilies, so that aging, grumpy men can make sense of you kids and your jokes.

do you know who the honorary title is?

Dec 31 06 03:32 am Link

Photographer

Plastercasting

Wichita, Kansas, US

Matt Caplin wrote:
Haha, wow - this is pretty cool.

I'm flattered. And blushing. But more flattered than blushing. (:

Your work stands on its own and speaks for itself.  I have seen thousands of model and photographer portfolios on MM and yours stands up to and exceeds most of them.  When your age and 1 year of experience is factored in, I can not even imagine what possibilities are awating you.  Its refreshing to see forum posts like this one and its even more refreshing that someone barely old enough to even be allowed on MM is creating such a positive influence on MM by his awesome work.  There are photographers with as many years experience as you have lived  and they could and should be envious of your work.

I look forward to seeing updates from you in the future!

Dec 31 06 03:33 am Link

Model

SUSI_mg8

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Daniel Savage wrote:

i Agree and i must add on the thread and on His page! nice work he's off to a great start! imagine the heights he would have accomplished by the age of 20! wow

Dec 31 06 03:38 am Link

Photographer

XposurePhoto

Houston, Texas, US

WoW...I started too late...I picked up my first owned camera at age 30...it was a digital, then I droped it and got 2 film cameras...shot for a year and went back to diital...here I am 6 years latter...but I think he is to a better start than I did!

Keep up the good work!

XP

Dec 31 06 03:50 am Link

Photographer

Daniel

Brooklyn, New York, US

Rebecca Lynne wrote:

do you know who the honorary title is?

An honorary title would be a what, not a who.

Dec 31 06 03:56 am Link

Model

beccalynne

Chicago, Illinois, US

Daniel Savage wrote:

An honorary title would be a what, not a who.

Well, I was going to say something nice, but now I'm just going to keep to myself.

Dec 31 06 03:57 am Link

Photographer

Daniel

Brooklyn, New York, US

Rebecca Lynne wrote:

Well, I was going to say something nice, but now I'm just going to keep to myself.

Just trying to make sense of the question.

Dec 31 06 04:02 am Link

Photographer

Del Eted

Now children..

Dec 31 06 04:04 am Link

Photographer

Del Eted

XposurePhoto wrote:
WoW...I started too late...I picked up my first owned camera at age 30...it was a digital, then I droped it and got 2 film cameras...shot for a year and went back to diital...here I am 6 years latter...but I think he is to a better start than I did!

Keep up the good work!

XP

There's no such thing as too late! As long as you've experienced the joys of photography at some point in your life, you should die happy. I know I will :]

Dec 31 06 04:05 am Link

Photographer

Daniel

Brooklyn, New York, US

Matt Caplin wrote:
Now children..

?

Dec 31 06 04:12 am Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

Ella_Bebe wrote:

Wynn Bullock was 70 when I first met him. Imogen Cunningham was over 80. And neither were done making fine art. So how old is "to old"? PS I'm 56.

Dec 31 06 04:21 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

One of the many underappreciated profiles on MM.

Come on people,
Break out of your shells and go searching this site.

There is a great amount of work out there that never posts in the forums, never makes the lists of the bests but they are often better, do not use the look at me box(announcement page), or We talk jibberish page(the shout box).

They are not comment whore.  They present their work and many have real work to do.

Dec 31 06 04:25 am Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

Daniel Savage wrote:

Dump 1-5 and the work is better.

Dec 31 06 04:26 am Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Mike Walker wrote:

Dump 1-5 and the work is better.

I still see that as positive feedback smile

Dec 31 06 04:28 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

These threads are NOT for critiques.

Do not DO IT.

OR they will be locked.
It is about checking out someone's work.
Especially if they did not start the thread or it should be in the critique section.

Mhana moderator.

Dec 31 06 04:29 am Link