Forums > General Industry > beach shoot

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

E|||B wrote:

Damn, you rock. Please reconsider having my babies.

hi baby wink

Dec 26 06 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Perc Powell Studios

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

photogjohn wrote:
One hour to one and a half hours after sunrise or one hour to one and a half hours before sunset...The Gloden Hour!!

Ditto!

Dec 26 06 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Christopher Hartman wrote:

It sets that late?! dang!!

I have a love/hate relationship with my sunset sessions.  During the summer is best because it's warm and I can shoot w.o leaving work early (4pm).  However, I hate getting home at 10pm and then having to clean up and get to bed because of work at 7am.  But if I was in Michigan shooting to 10pm?  ouch!

But that's only for 3 months out of the year.

Dec 26 06 06:25 pm Link

Model

FelaD

Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico

lotusphoto wrote:
don't forget the tides..

http://math.ucr.edu/~ftm/bajaPages/Tides.html

thank you very much, that was very usefull, no high tides at the time I want to shoot!

Dec 28 06 05:07 am Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

That 2 hr after sunrise and before sunset is cool but what if you can't shoot then? What if the only time you can shoot, either because of a cramped schedule or weather, is mid-day?

You can do it, but it takes a little equipment. You need a big diffuser panel -- at least 4 by 6 ft. Bigger is better and more than 1 is better yet. You also need a soft gold reflector.

Set up so the direct sun is diffused on your subject and bounce in some nice gold light from the reflector. Voila! Sunset light in the middle of the day!

Dec 28 06 09:01 am Link

Model

FelaD

Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico

Lens N Light wrote:
That 2 hr after sunrise and before sunset is cool but what if you can't shoot then? What if the only time you can shoot, either because of a cramped schedule or weather, is mid-day?

You can do it, but it takes a little equipment. You need a big diffuser panel -- at least 4 by 6 ft. Bigger is better and more than 1 is better yet. You also need a soft gold reflector.

Set up so the direct sun is diffused on your subject and bounce in some nice gold light from the reflector. Voila! Sunset light in the middle of the day!

Oh thank you, I will see if I at least can get a gold reflector for that day

Dec 28 06 12:52 pm Link